2 Pages12Next
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 6:05:31 PM(UTC)
Hi,

after some unexpected restart of mx Xbox One, FH4 can't load my profile. It gives me the following message:

- Profile you are trying to load is no longer available.
- Error code: E:4f-0

I tried the followings so far:

1. tried to use the local save in offline mode -> didn't work
2. deleted the local save, re-synced -> didn't work

I already deleted the saved game from the console as directed by the site, but when synchronizing the game took 2 hours, On completing 99% I received the message that could not sync with online, I am starting the process again. I believe the problem occurred after the release of the new game Eliminator.

Submit a Ticket for you.

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#2 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2019 4:21:06 AM(UTC)
Today is the third day I am without playing, any solution to the problem, I have performed 6 times the requested procedure and nothing, I already removed the game and installed again and nothing. I have many designs developed in FH4 and vinyl, I can not miss I need an immediate solution from Team Forza.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

Thanks for you.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
User is suspended until 10/22/2293 12:42:28 PM(UTC)
#3 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2019 4:25:35 AM(UTC)
Please submit a ticket to the support site as the team may need more information and will also look into your account.

Also this article might help.
Rank: Moderator
#4 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2019 6:56:52 AM(UTC)
Thread was mysteriously locked, now unlocked.

Carry on.

✔ Verified Moderator


Rank: D-Class Racing License
#5 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2019 4:57:19 PM(UTC)
Already opened a ticket 2 days ago, they simply ordered me to erase everything without correcting the problem, as everything I designed and painted the cars this year in FH4 simply lose because there is no backup in the game? Because you don't have this option to back up the game to HD as it corrupts the game with poorly tested new versions giving this problem and inconvenience to everyone.
They said they can't do anything like that, simply sending gifts, that's not what I want, I want my paintings and vinyl in the game I'm not worried about the progress of the game.
This problem may occur for everyone if an immediate solution to the error is not applied: E: 4F-0.

Now I ask myself, if I was allowed to copy the profile for correction, in this case, just copy to the developers to fix the corrupted file and solve the problem since it does not have the backup, which should have a profile intact without problems.

Edited by user Friday, December 13, 2019 5:41:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#6 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2019 5:01:06 PM(UTC)
I am still waiting for a solution to my problem, a fix patch.

Honestly i'm getting disappointed, one year's work thrown away.

https://forums.forzamoto...Fast-Family--2-in-1.aspx

Edited by user Friday, December 13, 2019 5:05:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#7 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2019 5:59:43 PM(UTC)
Let's see how long this problem will be solved or will never be solved by the developer team, now simply deleting everything because there is no solution does not solve the problem, since I didn't play the game just a week, it was a whole year, I keep playing, New versions can't simply corrupt a profile, and it's your problem, it's easy to say we can't do anything. What's the fun of continuing playing, painting in the game if this occurs can do nothing?
Rank: Driver's License
#8 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2019 9:38:26 AM(UTC)
I hate to break it to you, but you lost everything like i did. My save also got corrupted like 2-3 months ago after updating the game, i managed to get ingame to do one tournament to get one of the new cars in the first week after the update, as soon as i finished the tournament and got through the rewards screen, my save was completly corrupted with no potential fix. The update was giving me issues initially, i managed to work my way into the game which ended up in total corruption of the game. Essentially the game crashed right after the rewards screen and that was the game over for me. I was playing on pc at the time, tried moving back to xbox one to solve the issue but the problem was pretty much the same on both platforms. I ended up deleting all forza games from my pc and xbox one because of this.

I also lost 1 year worth of progress, i had 220M+ credits, was close to 2 stars level rank (pointless but it indicates how much time i put into the game). I had 743/750 cars in the garage, about 10 cars in the auction selling or waiting to be deleted for being too long in the auction. I also had all the cars in the game except for 3 pre order cars, had 600+ cars that were modified by me or bought modified. Had close to 500 paintjobs handpicked by me with a few of them being made by me. The amount of tunes were probably in the 100s, i did like 10 tunes or so, and only kept specific tunes saved in my profile for resell purposes. Also was following a bunch of creators ingame for their decent paintjobs and tunes, which i assume is also gone which is a ingame thing.

I can also tell you that this issue exists since the very first forza titles in the xbox one generation, i googled for quite a while and have seen reports of people loosing their saves from FM5 and FH2. The big difference here is that, each new forza title increases the amount of data saved on your profile, in other words, the bigger the data, the most likely it is for the game file to get corrupted. The last 3 forza games are the ones with the highest amount of "corrupted save files" reports. Of course, there is also the aspect of increasing popularity of the games, the more people playing, the more likely it is to see these issues pop up. But even the most recent cases in FH4, that are mostly related to "save file corrupted after new update" clearly indicates that the larger the data, the more unstable it becomes for us.

I also chatted with support and they told me the only solution was to delete everything and start from zero, to which i replied with "No thanks, i'll spend my time playing other games and in the meantime, i will never put money into forza games again." I have bought all forza games, with the last 4 games i ended up spending around 100 bucks each time (sadly i didn't even play FM6 that much yet i spent money on that game). I'll be playing forza games on game pass from now on, for as long as the subscription remains a good deal to me. The support member i spoke with also stated they were already looking into this issue and had a workaround planned for the future or something, this is something i ignored and did not believe in, because this issue has existed since FM5 and FH2 and nothing has been done to fix it. And has the forza titles expand and get bigger, the issue becomes more common, this totally rings the type of thing that they ignored the issue untill it became somewhat popular in the franchise, which is the current case with FH4, FM7 and even FH3.

One last thing, when my save got corrupted, some other people got the same treatment as me, but there was one other guy who got his FH3 save file corrupted, he spoke with the support and for some reason he was able to get ingame credits and all the Horizon edition cars added to his profile as a compensation for the issue. I have no clue what this person did to achieve that but to me giving the horizon edition cars and a large lump of cash is not enough to compensate the lost of everything i had, so i didn't even bother requesting that.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#9 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2019 10:59:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BygoneGnome29 Go to Quoted Post
.......there was one other guy who got his FH3 save file corrupted, he spoke with the support and for some reason he was able to get ingame credits and all the Horizon edition cars added to his profile as a compensation for the issue. I have no clue what this person did to achieve that.........
Was that not DJS?

Rank: Driver's License
#10 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2019 11:26:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ripperoo UK Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BygoneGnome29 Go to Quoted Post
.......there was one other guy who got his FH3 save file corrupted, he spoke with the support and for some reason he was able to get ingame credits and all the Horizon edition cars added to his profile as a compensation for the issue. I have no clue what this person did to achieve that.........
Was that not DJS?



DJS got his save corrupted in FH3 i believe, but i'm talking about a person that got his FH3 save corrupted a day after me and managed to get some sort of deal with the support. But yeah, DJS most likely got some sort of compensation for this since he is a youtuber that has quite the focus in forza games.

It is sad but the reality is that you are most likely screwed and have to start from zero again, i quit forza because of this, too much time wasted into the game to simply just start over again and risk myself getting caught in the same issue a second time because i'm the collector type of guy, the more stuff you have in your save file, the higher the odds of corruption. I forgot to mention in my previous post but i had a good portion of the clothing and animations aswell from the game, and well a bunch of unused wheelspins since there was little to no purpose to use wheelspins (credits and cars only for me, no clothing and had enough credits to get whatever i wanted).
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#11 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2019 2:50:26 PM(UTC)
am from IT,I thought it was absurd to ask to delete the files, where the backup, this problem would be easy to solve, if it were generated several partitioned files of each functionality of the game, another important point, why game starts with synchronization, the occur was to load everything without reading the profile, once loaded, you I chose the profile to upload. One thing is fact, the Forza team is not prepared to deal with file corruption. Whenever they release a version we run the risk of file corruption as happened to me since the game was not syncing properly in the cloud, another fact that should have an option for you to save the HD versions and recover if this happens in my case. the file was already 310mb in size, and the 307MB cloud file, I know that after I deleted the xbox one console file, the cloud should have an option to show date and time file size, an in-game option to sync and correct this.

My case:
1 year game since pre-sale, with all unlocked 100% played. This story went to waste.

Star Card - It was in league 12, and project Level 3, too much all unlocked, now 100% blocked everything.

411 car paintings developed by me
290 shared paintings, but the game only handles 270, so I didn't share the rest.
70 Vinyl Groups, this is not so important because they were in the car, but I lost some important ones like the Fast and Furious Toyota Logo that I started work a month ago, all thrown in the trash.
All horns unlocked except (Funeral March)
All unlocked clothing (except some hats and t-shirts due to Online League being level 12), everything else unlocked, now mostly locked.
20,000 points lost, but had used 30,000 in cars.
#Forzathon lost all history and weekly appearances.

700 whelspin and 150 super not executed whelspin
My levels are all incorrect, design was level 17 now I am level 1.
Rank: Driver's License
#12 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2019 4:53:28 PM(UTC)
I understand your point and have mentioned something similiar to support when the corruption occured to me a few months back. The playstation 4 for example, lets you upload local data whenever you want to the online storage, and if i'm not mistaking you can have more than one save on the same profile for the same game in the storage, meaning you can create "backups" in the online storage.

The cloud system used in the xbox/pc from Microsoft is bad, one of the main reasons is exactly this. They do not give you the freedom of backing up your saved files because they are worried people will modify these files and "cheat" the game somehow. If you try to move your saved data from the xbox one to an external drive, you cannot because there is no way of doing it. The issue here is most definetly on the cloud being a faulty system. I don't think the devs here can do much about it untill microsoft decides to make cloud saving a better experience by giving the players the possibility to backup their saves and they should also archive saves to avoid this kind of stuff.

I'll even mention the fact that i was playing Metro exodus this week on PC, my save file on that game corrupted out of nowhere when i quit the game and continued the story the next day, i was forced to use the cloud save, which was slightly older (basically i lost like 60 minutes of my time by using the cloud save), this case was not bad. But it justifies what i mentioned in the previous paragraphs about the cloud saving being a faulty thing and isn't 100% reliable for saving games. The game was working fine the day before and the next day it was freezing after the intro, had to reinstall the game completly to fix the issue and when i got back into the game i was using the cloud save, not the local one

I just hope with next gen they make things differently, i don't want to go back in time everytime the cloud decides to not sync with my local save data and assumes it is corrupted. And of course, games that are live services like the forza games really need a workaround for these situations because save corruption will always exist and not having a secondary plan to counter the save corruption is just bad and worrying to the players. Investing thousands of hours into a game just to have everything removed like that and nothing being able to do.

And like i said in the previous comment, sadly, you are on the same boat as me. They will do nothing to fix your problem other than possibly getting some forza edition cars and some credits, which is nothing for you and me, we invested alot more than those "sorry gifts". As for the "we are working on a solution that might be used soon", do not take it for granted, as i stated, this issue exists since FM5 and FH2 and it still exists today and no fix/workaround has been used to this day other than "reset data".

EDIT: My save file was around 260MB in size, yours is bigger probably because of the new update cars that i missed and the vinyl groups (i did not create vynil groups since my paintjobs were mostly simplified things that i enjoyed using in some cars).

Edited by user Saturday, December 14, 2019 4:56:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#13 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2019 5:13:16 PM(UTC)

I agree with you on everything you said, but I just want to report here my dissatisfaction with the Forza team, who know about the problem as mentioned but do nothing to solve, I expected more from them.
Rank: Driver's License
#14 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2019 7:06:11 AM(UTC)
You should report that in the support ticket like i did, the forums will be ignored most likely as community mods are the ones that control this place, not the devs. So it is very likely that your message here will end up being ignored but at least it will be usefull for future players that decide to search for save corruption in forza games, i ended up backtracking this issue with old forum posts and thanks to those, i was able to accurately pinpoint where the issue started and use it to my advantage against support.

If you voice your opinion in the support ticket, you have more chances of your word reaching somewhere within the dev team like i did. I stated my dissatisfaction as a client that has spent around 100 bucks with every forza launch since FM6 (FM5 included with xone and FH2 was base edition, this is not accounting for the 360 games as i bought FM2-4 with all the dlcs included back then, never played FM1 outside of a demo and FH was offered on gold), this franchise could easily be the largest money sink i ever had with a total value spent being closer to 1k € than 500€. In one way, this makes me happy, i get to spend the money elsewhere now. I get more free time to play other games. Of course i'm still **** ed that i lost everything, even more so after seeing the latest updates, toyota is my favourite japanese brand so when they announced that it was returning... they literally reopened the wound and poured some salt into it.

Everything i stated in my posts is essentially everything that was related to my support ticket and research from reddit/forums, so if you want, you could use any of the information i mentioned here as some sort of pressure point like i did.

Also, i forgot to mention, they really need to give us the option to delete save data from cloud ONLY. On xbox one you can only delete the save file locally or everywhere. There is no option for cloud only which is stupid. On PC you can manually backup your saves to avoid this situation, i learnt about this AFTER my save was corrupted, i mean, if they cared a little about this situation, they would have at least warned the players about save corruption and how to potentially avoid it on PC, since you know... on PC you have the freedom to backup things as you want, unlike xbox one. But nah, not warning people about these kind of things is better, let's just let the issue keep on growing and affecting more and more people. This is literally the image they transmit to me with the lack of care about this problem. I mean, the problem exists for 6 years now at the very least.

MAJOR EDIT:
I found out that the issue exists since FM4, i read some posts that the cloud was never compatible with forza back then, so i assume the issue back then is the same as the one we have now. I really can't understand the use of cloud in a game that supposedly doesn't like the cloud, WHY IS THIS A THING? MICROSOFT? Wtf.

Here is some direct proof from these very forums we are in: https://forums.forzamoto...-alert-wiped-me-out.aspx

If you google Forza motorsport 4 cloud, you will see some references about the issues back then, which are the same as the ones we have right now, WTF. This is insane and totally out of control. I'm just speechless after learning that save corruption was well known in xbox 360 FM4 + cloud and that it still exists today, it won't be long untill this issue is a decade long issue with no guaranteed fix. I've seen reports that date back as early as late 2012 from sites such as gamefaqs and we are knocking at 2020's door right now. I'm just speechless. I think the message is more than clear here, "PLAY FORZA AT YOUR OWN RISK OF LOOSING ALL PROGRESS AT ANY GIVEN TIME".

Edited by user Sunday, December 15, 2019 7:21:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Forza Staff
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2019 8:19:26 AM(UTC)
Once your save is corrupted we have no way of returning any progress. The reason we tell you to delete your save from everywhere, is because we want to make sure that the corruption is truly gone. We do compensate for the loss based on your garage value, credits on hand at the time of the corruption. In order to receive compensation you have to play through the new save until you unlock online features. Unfortunately, we don’t have any backup saves to restore. Please submit a ticket for lost saves so we can help out. We do appreciate your feedback and would appreciate you submitting a suggestions/feedback ticket so we can keep better track of community concerns.

Edited by user Sunday, December 15, 2019 9:09:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified


| GT: Nitro Glitter | Twitter: @NitroGlitter | Turn 10 Studios Community Support Engineer |
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#16 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2019 10:45:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nitro Glitter Go to Quoted Post
Once your save is corrupted we have no way of returning any progress. The reason we tell you to delete your save from everywhere, is because we want to make sure that the corruption is truly gone. We do compensate for the loss based on your garage value, credits on hand at the time of the corruption. In order to receive compensation you have to play through the new save until you unlock online features. Unfortunately, we don’t have any backup saves to restore. Please submit a ticket for lost saves so we can help out. We do appreciate your feedback and would appreciate you submitting a suggestions/feedback ticket so we can keep better track of community concerns.


I do not know why you are talking to open a ticket, was the first thing I did. Alias the ticket is open already posted several comments I await all that I lost and had. I didn't get the horns, locker rooms, cars of the special force including the Ford Capri FE I already owned, all points received 30000, 40000 points from #Forzathon, 700 whelspin that I had without running any, everything I participated from the start of the game , stop asking to open a ticket and just check it is open on the microsoft website. All this I already described in the ticket comments.

Thanks.

I posted here, before erasing everything, to find out if anyone had resolved without deleting the file;
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#17 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2019 10:55:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BygoneGnome29 Go to Quoted Post
You should report that in the support ticket like i did, the forums will be ignored most likely as community mods are the ones that control this place, not the devs. So it is very likely that your message here will end up being ignored but at least it will be usefull for future players that decide to search for save corruption in forza games, i ended up backtracking this issue with old forum posts and thanks to those, i was able to accurately pinpoint where the issue started and use it to my advantage against support.

If you voice your opinion in the support ticket, you have more chances of your word reaching somewhere within the dev team like i did. I stated my dissatisfaction as a client that has spent around 100 bucks with every forza launch since FM6 (FM5 included with xone and FH2 was base edition, this is not accounting for the 360 games as i bought FM2-4 with all the dlcs included back then, never played FM1 outside of a demo and FH was offered on gold), this franchise could easily be the largest money sink i ever had with a total value spent being closer to 1k € than 500€. In one way, this makes me happy, i get to spend the money elsewhere now. I get more free time to play other games. Of course i'm still **** ed that i lost everything, even more so after seeing the latest updates, toyota is my favourite japanese brand so when they announced that it was returning... they literally reopened the wound and poured some salt into it.

Everything i stated in my posts is essentially everything that was related to my support ticket and research from reddit/forums, so if you want, you could use any of the information i mentioned here as some sort of pressure point like i did.

Also, i forgot to mention, they really need to give us the option to delete save data from cloud ONLY. On xbox one you can only delete the save file locally or everywhere. There is no option for cloud only which is stupid. On PC you can manually backup your saves to avoid this situation, i learnt about this AFTER my save was corrupted, i mean, if they cared a little about this situation, they would have at least warned the players about save corruption and how to potentially avoid it on PC, since you know... on PC you have the freedom to backup things as you want, unlike xbox one. But nah, not warning people about these kind of things is better, let's just let the issue keep on growing and affecting more and more people. This is literally the image they transmit to me with the lack of care about this problem. I mean, the problem exists for 6 years now at the very least.

MAJOR EDIT:
I found out that the issue exists since FM4, i read some posts that the cloud was never compatible with forza back then, so i assume the issue back then is the same as the one we have now. I really can't understand the use of cloud in a game that supposedly doesn't like the cloud, WHY IS THIS A THING? MICROSOFT? Wtf.

Here is some direct proof from these very forums we are in: https://forums.forzamoto...-alert-wiped-me-out.aspx

If you google Forza motorsport 4 cloud, you will see some references about the issues back then, which are the same as the ones we have right now, WTF. This is insane and totally out of control. I'm just speechless after learning that save corruption was well known in xbox 360 FM4 + cloud and that it still exists today, it won't be long untill this issue is a decade long issue with no guaranteed fix. I've seen reports that date back as early as late 2012 from sites such as gamefaqs and we are knocking at 2020's door right now. I'm just speechless. I think the message is more than clear here, "PLAY FORZA AT YOUR OWN RISK OF LOOSING ALL PROGRESS AT ANY GIVEN TIME".


Do not worry, all this you said was the first thing I did before posting, as the solution given did not satisfy me, I came here to know if anyone had another solution to the problem and open a discussion for the future, if but people report the problem who knows and dates a solution to the definitive problem. The ticket was the first thing to be done, I'm waiting to attend the other items I had, I received for now some cars and credit, had much more to receive. I am waiting for this solution. Another thing the ticket doesn't go to the developers to meet, there's a first level helpdesk team that does it, so don't have much hope of getting it to the developers. Do not fool yourself.

Rank: S-Class Racing License
#18 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2019 10:59:45 AM(UTC)
I think that our work should be backed up into FH5 even though it doesn't exist yet. That has two advantages...

1/ When we get FH5 we have our vinyls ready in the game.
2/ We have a backup for FH4.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#19 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2019 12:15:33 PM(UTC)
All the game screenshots shared should be enough to compensate profile loss at least level and CR. It won't give you back the tunes you spent hours to set, neither the designs ( they should be able to get you back whatever as ever been downloaded by someone by the way / it is associated to your gametag so no way it belongs to someone else ). We don't compensate sounds a lot like we don't care to me.



Rank: Driver's License
#20 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2019 12:10:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
All the game screenshots shared should be enough to compensate profile loss at least level and CR. It won't give you back the tunes you spent hours to set, neither the designs ( they should be able to get you back whatever as ever been downloaded by someone by the way / it is associated to your gametag so no way it belongs to someone else ). We don't compensate sounds a lot like we don't care to me.







Or they could just create timed backups and archive these backups and flush said backups down the toilet after a long time as passed and more recent ones were available to replace. This is how a cloud service should be running, right now you only have your local save and 1 cloud save, if your save gets corrupted, you are likely to get screwed over. And having no backups is the main reason why this system sucks. I know modding communities for much older games that archive character data to avoid corruption moments, so when your characters data becomes corrupted and you can't load it properly, you roll it back to a point before the corruption occured. And this system is also used to alpha/beta test things before the game gets updated.

If the cloud made backups for forza games regularly, this kind of stuff could be avoided and fixed with more ease. Your recent save file becomes corrupted, no problem, rollback your save with an archived file placed in the cloud. Even if they come along with the excuse of "too much data to keep track of in the cloud", you could instead build a backup system for each forza game, heck, you could even make it so that forza hub does this for us instead, have it regularly make backups locally into your system, that app is 95% useless most of the time and is often outdated (it doesn't keep track of things you do in older games, also a known issue that was never fixed and once in a lifetime the app manages to update your stats in the game). There is even the "reserved space" solution for backup saves in local storage (AKA, the system keeps a portion of the space to make backups of this game).

Seriously it is not that hard to come up with a workaround for this problem, i can't comprehend why something like this was not implemented already when games/mods from like pre-2000 era use this kind of approach with much success. Just make it backup once a day for the last 7 days and one to three month backups (the latest months obviously, so you can make larger rollbacks incase an update goes bad and does some serious damage that small leaps cannot fix the problem).

At the end of the day, i just think that the dev team is not really bothered by this issue right now since it is not a massive scale problem, it is growing slowly and untill it becomes an actual problem on their list, they will be sitting back and do nothing to avoid it at any cost (you really just have to look at the corruption reports all the way back in FM4 which still exist today). This is how i see it honestly. This problem probably is most likely not even close to 1% of the user base of the game, hence the reason the development focus of the game is shifted into "GOTTA DISH OUT MORE CONTENT TO KEEP GAME ALIVE WHILE ALSO INCREASE THE ODDS OF CORRUPTION SINCE MORE UPDATES MEANS MORE DATA TO KEEP TRACK OFF, GOTTA IGNORE GAME BREAKING ISSUES FOR ALMOST A DECADE AND WE HAVE TO SHRUG IT OFF IN STYLE WHEN SOMEONE QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS." If this issue was like, larger than 1% of the user base, i would assume the voices of discontent to actually push the dev team into doing something for once, but hey, this corruption stuff seems to happen in small proportions at a time, it doesn't happen all at once. So yeah, the chances of 1% of the userbase actually facing this issue at the same time are likely to never happen.
Rank: Driver's License
#21 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2019 12:31:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: prg2012br Go to Quoted Post


Another thing the ticket doesn't go to the developers to meet, there's a first level helpdesk team that does it, so don't have much hope of getting it to the developers. Do not fool yourself.



I know that, the person i spoke with was not really a "support dev". He was more of a "support assistant", all he did was transmit the message from the actual support team to actually get the job done (which was dispatching me ASAP without offering any sort of proper solution or deal). A bad job at that mind you. In cases like this, the very least the support team could do is to tell the user that they can receive some sort of compensation based in their previous stats, i know this is possible but it was voiced over through reddit, not the support itself, which rings all kinds of alarms in my head.

The guy that spoke to me even said "he was not in the power" to do something about it but he gave me that vague reply about a fix being in the works for a future update. Of course, i took that as a very unlikely thing to happen given the current focus of the game and given the presence of file corruption in forza titles with no proper fix/workaround done yet.

I suggested this backup idea to this "support assistant" and he said he would voice it over with his higher ups (which of course i highly doubt he would, he also said he would pass on my discontent to the dev team aswell, which i also doubt is the truth, even if it was the case, they do not care since we are like non existant to them), it's 2019 and xbox one/microsoft pc gaming lacking on proper file backups nowadays, when an issue like this is well known by the devs is just... mind blowing. Microsoft not stepping up their game with the cloud on this one and the devs not putting enough effort into avoiding the problem, this is what is going on right now.

Thankfully this save corruption issue is mostly on forza games. Other games rarelly have issues of this kind, and when they do, you loose a small portion of your progress only, not all of it (mostly due to the cloud not being up to date/synced i assume, which leads to a loss of data, that usually involves no more than 2-3 playing sessions which is no big deal in most cases).

With the staff reply here on this thread, i actually am curious as to what kind of compensation they would give me. 220m+ Cr and literally all the cars in the game at the time except for 3 pre-orders (4 if including the impossible to obtain pre order focus). But alas, i just can't go back to FH4 at all. I would rather go back to FM7 or wait for FM8 and play it through gamepass.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#22 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2019 7:43:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BygoneGnome29 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: prg2012br Go to Quoted Post


Another thing the ticket doesn't go to the developers to meet, there's a first level helpdesk team that does it, so don't have much hope of getting it to the developers. Do not fool yourself.



I know that, the person i spoke with was not really a "support dev". He was more of a "support assistant", all he did was transmit the message from the actual support team to actually get the job done (which was dispatching me ASAP without offering any sort of proper solution or deal). A bad job at that mind you. In cases like this, the very least the support team could do is to tell the user that they can receive some sort of compensation based in their previous stats, i know this is possible but it was voiced over through reddit, not the support itself, which rings all kinds of alarms in my head.

The guy that spoke to me even said "he was not in the power" to do something about it but he gave me that vague reply about a fix being in the works for a future update. Of course, i took that as a very unlikely thing to happen given the current focus of the game and given the presence of file corruption in forza titles with no proper fix/workaround done yet.

I suggested this backup idea to this "support assistant" and he said he would voice it over with his higher ups (which of course i highly doubt he would, he also said he would pass on my discontent to the dev team aswell, which i also doubt is the truth, even if it was the case, they do not care since we are like non existant to them), it's 2019 and xbox one/microsoft pc gaming lacking on proper file backups nowadays, when an issue like this is well known by the devs is just... mind blowing. Microsoft not stepping up their game with the cloud on this one and the devs not putting enough effort into avoiding the problem, this is what is going on right now.

Thankfully this save corruption issue is mostly on forza games. Other games rarelly have issues of this kind, and when they do, you loose a small portion of your progress only, not all of it (mostly due to the cloud not being up to date/synced i assume, which leads to a loss of data, that usually involves no more than 2-3 playing sessions which is no big deal in most cases).

With the staff reply here on this thread, i actually am curious as to what kind of compensation they would give me. 220m+ Cr and literally all the cars in the game at the time except for 3 pre-orders (4 if including the impossible to obtain pre order focus). But alas, i just can't go back to FH4 at all. I would rather go back to FM7 or wait for FM8 and play it through gamepass.


if everyone starts debating this issue, they will have to do something.

Some possible solutions to the problem, such as partitioning game save to:

-Statistics save the separate part of the game. (game evolution;)
-Development of Designs and Vinys in another separate file (backed up if possible), you upload as needed. Currently, you do not lose if you share the designs online, as you had 120 not shared lost
everything;
-Cars you own in the garage separate from the game, it loads as per individual use and saves new purchased cars;
-Other items can be in another file and game loads as needed;

Edited by user Monday, December 16, 2019 7:45:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#23 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2019 8:03:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post
Please submit a ticket to the support site as the team may need more information and will also look into your account.

Also this article might help.



Dear I sent a private message, please read and answer me if possible.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#24 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2019 8:04:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: prg2012br Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Nitro Glitter Go to Quoted Post
Once your save is corrupted we have no way of returning any progress. The reason we tell you to delete your save from everywhere, is because we want to make sure that the corruption is truly gone. We do compensate for the loss based on your garage value, credits on hand at the time of the corruption. In order to receive compensation you have to play through the new save until you unlock online features. Unfortunately, we don’t have any backup saves to restore. Please submit a ticket for lost saves so we can help out. We do appreciate your feedback and would appreciate you submitting a suggestions/feedback ticket so we can keep better track of community concerns.


I do not know why you are talking to open a ticket, was the first thing I did. Alias the ticket is open already posted several comments I await all that I lost and had. I didn't get the horns, locker rooms, cars of the special force including the Ford Capri FE I already owned, all points received 30000, 40000 points from #Forzathon, 700 whelspin that I had without running any, everything I participated from the start of the game , stop asking to open a ticket and just check it is open on the microsoft website. All this I already described in the ticket comments.

Thanks.

I posted here, before erasing everything, to find out if anyone had resolved without deleting the file;


Dear I sent a private message, please read and answer me if possible.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#25 Posted : Tuesday, December 17, 2019 1:23:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: prg2012br Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: prg2012br Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Nitro Glitter Go to Quoted Post
Once your save is corrupted we have no way of returning any progress. The reason we tell you to delete your save from everywhere, is because we want to make sure that the corruption is truly gone. We do compensate for the loss based on your garage value, credits on hand at the time of the corruption. In order to receive compensation you have to play through the new save until you unlock online features. Unfortunately, we don’t have any backup saves to restore. Please submit a ticket for lost saves so we can help out. We do appreciate your feedback and would appreciate you submitting a suggestions/feedback ticket so we can keep better track of community concerns.


I do not know why you are talking to open a ticket, was the first thing I did. Alias the ticket is open already posted several comments I await all that I lost and had. I didn't get the horns, locker rooms, cars of the special force including the Ford Capri FE I already owned, all points received 30000, 40000 points from #Forzathon, 700 whelspin that I had without running any, everything I participated from the start of the game , stop asking to open a ticket and just check it is open on the microsoft website. All this I already described in the ticket comments.

Thanks.

I posted here, before erasing everything, to find out if anyone had resolved without deleting the file;


Dear I sent a private message, please read and answer me if possible.


I was not sent the items I requested, so the call must be reopened, waiting for items from #Forzathon, Ford Capri FE;

By the way is lacking respect with consumer.

2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error