This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
45 Pages<<1011121314>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#276 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2019 1:46:27 PM(UTC)
Sorry, PRKid I beat your time. 02:01.976
 2 users liked this post.
#277 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2019 2:30:27 PM(UTC)

late start for me. just got back into town

good start with everyone's fav, the F50 2:03.1XX
 1 user liked this post.
#278 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2019 4:14:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BHR TRUEbk Go to Quoted Post
Sorry, PRKid I beat your time. 02:01.976

Awesome run! It's all about the improvement....👍

Originally Posted by: haulmarc Go to Quoted Post
good start with everyone's fav, the F50 2:03.1XX

Another great performance! Solid weekly runs!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#279 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 7:25:10 AM(UTC)
Did fair this week but it was in my Uber cool Jaguar XJ220......

Official time.... Silverstone.... HLR BURNINASPHALT..... Jag XJ220...2:09:911 😎

Next challenge.... BRING IT!!!!!!
#280 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 8:47:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BurninAsphalt Go to Quoted Post
Did fair this week but it was in my Uber cool Jaguar XJ220......

Official time.... Silverstone.... HLR BURNINASPHALT..... Jag XJ220...2:09:911 😎

Next challenge.... BRING IT!!!!!!

Great job Burnin! And, in about 4 hrs, you'll have some additional fun in our 9th event of the Season 3 series.

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 3 users liked this post.
#281 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 1:03:06 PM(UTC)
The racing at Silverstone was as tight as ever, with most drivers opting to run the dominant Ferrari F50.

Our numbers remained stable at 26 drivers thanks to the return of BHR TRUEbk,USCHawks31, LiamRussellBoyd, and HLR Thumby. A warm welcome back to all of you.

xAlea came out on top again managing to reach #12 on the global leaderboard. Podium places went to HLR PRKid, and BHR TRUEbk.

Here is a snapshot of the final standings:

Congratulations to our winners:

Tier 1 Winner: xAlea Jacta Est wins a paint for his 1995 Ferrari F50.

Tier 2 Winner: haulmarc wins a paint for his 1995 Ferrari F50.

Tier 3 Winner: FastBud wins a paint for his 1995 Ferrari F50.

Tier 4 Winner: UnearthlyDNA wins a paint for his 1995 Ferrari F50.

Tuners Prize: stratocat65 wins a paint for his 1995 Ferrari F50 run by minsons.

To claim your paints, message HLR Moss to arrange it's sharing whilst you are waiting in the car to download. We don't want anyone else to grab them. They are each personalised for the winner and hopefully will provide you with a memory of the event.

For our next challenge we are off to Road Atlanta to drive some compact sportscars. We hope you enjoy it!

FM7, Series 3, Event 9
B Class (B600 Max)
Road Atlanta
Restricted to any car in the Sport Compact Division
Event will close at 9:00pm (UK time) on Wednesday, 18th December.

Prize Liveries for Tier winners and for the Tuner whose shared setup is placed highest when driven by another driver.

Everyone welcome.
Simply post your times in this thread. But:
* Let us know if you play with a wheel
* Let us know if you drive Hardcore.

The Leaderboard can be found here: HLC Leaderboard

The Sport Compact Cars
2017 FIAT 124 Spyder Abarth
2017 Tamo Racemo
2016 Mazda MX-5
2016 Mazda MX-5 FE
2015 Audi S3 Sedan
2015 Subaru WRX STI
2015 Nissan IDx NISMO
2014 Honda Civic Si
2013 Subaru BRZ
2013 Subaru BRZ FE
2013 Dodge Dart GT
2013 Dodge Dart GT FE
2013 Mazda MX-5
2011 Subaru WRX STI
2011 Mazda RX-8 R3
2010 Mazda MX-5 Super20
2009 Honda S2000 CR
2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR

19 cars in this division. The S2000, and MX-5s are usually strong but we haven't run these cars for a long time, and never at B600.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 11, 2019 1:04:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#282 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 1:04:47 PM(UTC)
Here are the Tiers for our Event 9. Good Luck everyone!

PRKid

Edited by user Wednesday, December 11, 2019 1:25:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
#283 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 1:29:40 PM(UTC)
NOTE: I did want to mention that xAlea Jack Est did run under Hardcore assists at Silverstone. My apologies for not changing it in our file.

PRKid

DJ Saoco
#284 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 1:49:07 PM(UTC)
Will give a ND Miata (the '16, for you non-Miata types) a shot first, but I've tried setting one up previously and didn't much like the result. Will likely end up in one of the NCs or a Tamo. Outside bets on a RX-8 or a BRZ.

Just keep in mind:

Miata
Is
Always
The
Answer

==

Edit to add:

@Moss: Seems you and I are on alternating schedules. Been checking every time I remember (which is about half the time I get Forza time) and haven't seen you online all week. Will get the Pacer paint eventually.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 11, 2019 2:43:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#285 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2019 5:45:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: xAlea Jacta Est Go to Quoted Post

Test all cars, with ~10laps for each car

Amazing times, especially the F50! Where the heck do you find the time to test ALL cars...lol...

GREAT job!

PRKid

4 hours is enough (20:00 - 0:00) to test 10 cars with basic setup ;) and i already have setups for 5 cars (959 - McLaren F1 - Jag XJ220 - 512 TR and Shelby's tune for F50)

This week, i will not test all, too many cars... lol

Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post
NOTE: I did want to mention that xAlea Jack Est did run under Hardcore assists at Silverstone. My apologies for not changing it in our file.

PRKid

I tried Hardcore at Virginia but it's very hard. It's not my first Silvestone hardcore time, so i did do it

Edited by user Thursday, December 12, 2019 5:57:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#286 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2019 6:11:43 AM(UTC)

This week, i will not test all, too many cars... lol

You can say that again....😂

I tried Hardcore at Virginia but it's very hard. It's not my first Silvestone hardcore time, so i did do it

......👍

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#287 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2019 9:17:58 AM(UTC)
Thank you minions for trying my tune and taking it up the leaderboard ! That was a nice surprise. Now I know that my tunes are competitive in the right hands. It gives me some incentive to keep trying.
#288 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2019 9:50:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: stratocat65 Go to Quoted Post
Thank you minions for trying my tune and taking it up the leaderboard ! That was a nice surprise. Now I know that my tunes are competitive in the right hands. It gives me some incentive to keep trying.

👍

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#289 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2019 2:10:22 PM(UTC)
Think I'll be going with the ND Miata, after all. Initial build and setup was pleasantly fun to drive. A bit loose on entry, but easy to bring back under control if you overstepped it a bit. I suspect I just didn't have enough support in the rear when I tried it the last time. Lap times started out pretty slow, but were steadily getting better as I figured out where and how to push the car. Still need to finalize the build and I have a lot of work to do on my lines, so not super-worried about being 8 seconds off pace.

Current best: 1:34.something.

Still planning on giving that Racemo a solid run, though. If nothing else, it's an odd duck that nobody drives, and I'm all about them odd ducks (as I'm pretty sure I've said at least once before).
 1 user liked this post.
#290 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2019 6:08:11 PM(UTC)
Tried:
2017 FIAT 124 Spyder Abarth
2017 Tamo Racemo
2013 Subaru BRZ
2013 Dodge Dart GT
2010 Mazda MX-5 Super20

BRZ and FIAT are tied within 0.050 seconds. BRZ tune fits me better than the FIAT one I'm using so its on the board. The rest are lagging behind 2 whole seconds.

Crash
#291 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2019 6:52:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: crash220 Go to Quoted Post

BRZ and FIAT are tied within 0.050 seconds. BRZ tune fits me better than the FIAT one I'm using so its on the board. The rest are lagging behind 2 whole seconds.

Crash

....👍 I really enjoyed the BRZ as well! A great & smooth ride. I beat my BRZ time with the MX-5'16, yet, I left a lot of time in the BRZ on the last chicane. So, might re-run. Still need to test the Fiat and S2000.

PRKid

Edited by user Friday, December 13, 2019 6:59:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
#292 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2019 6:54:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post
Still planning on giving that Racemo a solid run, though. If nothing else, it's an odd duck that nobody drives, and I'm all about them odd ducks (as I'm pretty sure I've said at least once before).

........🏎.......✅.........Gotta do it!

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#293 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2019 1:26:08 PM(UTC)
Amazing!! Tracks with “Road” in the name = setting the world on FIRE!! 🔥

Currently 1:34:897.... WWWOOOO! 👍

In a S2000... rocket conversion.... 🚀
#294 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2019 6:53:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BurninAsphalt Go to Quoted Post
In a S2000... rocket conversion.... 🚀

......👍

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#295 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2019 9:38:09 PM(UTC)
Road Atlanta is such a great track but it's been tough for me to put together a good lap. I absolutely despise Turn 7 and I don't know how many laps were ruined by messing up that corner. Wide exits, corner cutting, you name it, I did it. Finally was able to squeak by Moss after chasing his ghost for quite a while. I might be able to get into the high 29's if I put in enough time but I'm not sure my sanity can handle it.
#296 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2019 9:58:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: USCHawks31 Go to Quoted Post
Road Atlanta is such a great track

It sure is....👍 I love it as well!

I absolutely despise Turn 7 and I don't know how many laps were ruined by messing up that corner. Wide exits, corner cutting, you name it, I did it.

That makes TWO (I should say MANY) of us! 😂

I'm not sure my sanity can handle it.

......🤔🧐🤪😬🤕😜.........Some call us crazies already for going around the same track non-stop....😂

PRKid

DJ Saoco
#297 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2019 10:40:44 AM(UTC)
I switched from the BRZ to the Honda and picked up over a second. Achieved my goal of getting into the 1:31s with a 1:31.767. My tune is shared - HLR HlC V1.0. There is a few tenths left in it for me but probably a lot more for some of you. Moss is my usual yardstick and getting within 2 seconds per minute of his time is a great result for me. I would be closer but Moss is killing me on the exit of turn 7.
#298 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2019 10:52:34 AM(UTC)
Think I'm going to be done early with this one, too, but for a lack of time rather than a lack of interest. The ND's super-fun to toss around, and even though Road Atlanta isn't the best fit to the car's strengths, the track strikes a great balance between the demands on the machine and the demands on the driver to turn in a good lap time.

The first test mule was running on Sport rubber, but after a few build iterations I dropped it down to Street. The Sport was just too much tire for the car, and the PI savings allowed me to 1) move to Race weight reduction and 2) fit some wheels that look good. That, in turn, made the stock transmission a little more useable (though 6th is annoyingly longer than 3rd-5th; have to shift a full 400 RPM later to keep it in the power band). All of the setting tweaks have been really minor, mostly revolving around trying to get 43% brake distribution to work. Car really needs about 43.3, but that's not an option. If I get a chance to make another run I'll raise the ride height up a bit to see if that settles the car down through the esses, but beyond that I think the setup's pretty much set. Uploaded as HLC09 RdAtl NDv2 if anyone wants to try it.

Current best: 1:32.647

Road Atlanta is such a great track but it's been tough for me to put together a good lap. I absolutely despise Turn 7 and I don't know how many laps were ruined by messing up that corner. Wide exits, corner cutting, you name it, I did it.

Turn 5 is the one that keeps jacking my laps up. I'm having a hard time keeping the car settled through the esses (mostly my fault), so my entry to 5 is always a little hot. Then it's a three-way battle between my hands, my right foot, and the Ghost of Rally Drivers Past to get anything resembling good exit speed without the rear completely stepping out on me. Probably had some great drift footage through that section if I had saved any of the replays, though.

==

Edit to add:

Spent the better part of an hour tinkering with settings and minor variations on the build, but nothing seemed to capture the same magic as v2. Any additional ride height introduced a freakishly harsh transition to oversteer during hard cornering, and nothing I did seemed to tame it. Eventually dropped the whole thing to minimum and stiffened up the springs a bit to compensate. Shows promise, but by that point I was too tired to do much more than crash into walls and swear at the TV. Setup is uploaded as HLC09 RdAtl NDv3.

Also:

Edited by user Sunday, December 15, 2019 5:48:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#299 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2019 5:56:17 PM(UTC)
So Zermatt made me jump back on Forza for the first time in a while today so decided i'd run a few laps. Think i finished with 29.2 should be able to get it down into the high 28's with a little more running.
Twitter @J_Parrott92
Twitch JParrott46
#300 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2019 7:23:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JParrott 46 Go to Quoted Post
So Zermatt made me jump back on Forza for the first time in a while today so decided i'd run a few laps. Think i finished with 29.2 should be able to get it down into the high 28's with a little more running.

Welcome back! GREAT run to kick-off your return!

You can tell Zermatt he needs to swing by himself as well...lol...😂

PRKid

DJ Saoco
45 Pages<<1011121314>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error