This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 1, 2019 1:31:30 PM(UTC)
Not sure where to post this but I figure this forum is the most active.

For a good couple of weeks now I cannot get the forums to load on my iPhone or iPad (both on latest update) either on wifi or LTE. Other parts of the site load fine (the news page for example). I deleted the history and website data and disabled content blockers but still not working. It will sit and load forever, I left it until the screen turns off. If I stop it mid load the header pops up up but that's it. This is different then the normal slowness of this site. Like it's working fine on my laptop now but still nothing on my phone.

Anyone else having issues?
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 1, 2019 2:45:41 PM(UTC)
It’s been extremely slow for me as well on iOS. on wifi it loads forever, on LTE it loads eventually but way slower than any other website. There must be something messed up somewhere.
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 1, 2019 2:48:39 PM(UTC)
Yup, broken for over two weeks. I’m thinking of submitting a ticket but i’m starting to wonder if it’s a Microsoft problem and not Turn 10/playground problem.

It’s loading but extremely slowly for me. It was fine before. I have another thread in the off-topic section (which is where this will get moved/belongs FYI).

There’s a post about a support/Forza forums issue on twitter (their twitter support) but it says it’s resolved. It’s clearly NOT resolved. That was back on the 23rd of November. Maybe it’s unrelated but not sure.
I buy, upgrade and tune cars to the max. That's what I live for in Forza. I'm always in the need for more cars. Check out my custom routes in Horizon 4! https://forums.forzamoto...routes.aspx#post_1133141
#4 Posted : Monday, December 2, 2019 5:46:43 AM(UTC)
Same problem here, going on a week or two.
#5 Posted : Monday, December 2, 2019 5:52:03 AM(UTC)
Have to turn off WiFi and just use 4g on my phone - otherwise it’s incredibly slow.
#6 Posted : Monday, December 2, 2019 7:55:34 AM(UTC)
Over Thanksgiving I was trying to use the forums on my Iphone but it was very slow as well. Works best on the Brave browser on PC. Brave blocks ads and trackers. Site needs a complete overhaul but they refuse to listen. I guess they are going to wait until it just stops working entirely.

Edited by user Monday, December 2, 2019 7:58:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#7 Posted : Monday, December 2, 2019 10:25:16 AM(UTC)
Very slow on iPad for me too on safari. Also tried chrome on iPad which was equally as slow.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2019 1:52:05 AM(UTC)
Same here, it's gone from being the slowest site I regularly visit to simply not working on iOS. I only use an iPad at home so try to catch up in work, which is really helpful on rivals threads when I have no times to hand...
15/15 = 93%
#9 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2019 4:13:50 AM(UTC)
For me the site works, but it is slow on iOS and on Safari on MacOS. Chrome seems to be the solution on MacOS.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2019 6:16:15 AM(UTC)
I use either my iPad or iPhone and both have been horrendously slow recently. Always use my 4G but switched to the Wi-fi last night because EE was down yesterday evening in my area - didn’t make any difference 🤨

Noticed this morning I had 4G again so switched back and it seems like it’s returned to just the usual ‘FM slow’ speed. Not great but not waiting for several minutes for the pages to load either. I haven’t owned a computer in yonks so I’ll just have to plod on with the pad/phone until it gets to the point that I just can’t be ar$ed…

FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
#11 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2019 7:18:00 AM(UTC)
Due to the requirement of XBL authentication, the choice of forum software when this current iteration came into being was and still is very limited. The performance of the forum is, as always, inextricably linked with the performance of that XBL authentication.

Also, Microsoft.

✔ Verified Moderator

#12 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2019 7:46:29 AM(UTC)
It's old and doesn't work well and I am sure it could be made better, stop making excuses.
#13 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2019 7:55:49 AM(UTC)
I can barely access them on Windows 10. Soooo slow.
#14 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2019 7:57:38 AM(UTC)
It's not an excuse, the forum software is old and it is slow but a good deal of that poor performance is down to the XBL authentication that often holds up the rendering of pages and posts.. We moderators have been clamoring for an update, any update, that might help for years now. For all that the poor performance inconveniences you, it can be even more problematic for us moderators sometimes as we have to do more than just read and post.

The wait continues.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 3, 2019 7:58:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

✔ Verified Moderator

#15 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2019 2:56:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hieronymus1967 Go to Quoted Post
Due to the requirement of XBL authentication, the choice of forum software when this current iteration came into being was and still is very limited. The performance of the forum is, as always, inextricably linked with the performance of that XBL authentication.

Also, Microsoft.

As much as I completely agree with your assessment of the authentication process, it doesn’t explain the sudden drop to 1/10 the speed it was two weeks ago.

Like I mentioned, the forums were working fine two weeks ago. Everything else is fine on my I-phone. Was there an authentication update two weeks ago? Can’t find any update news online.

It was a very sudden drop in speed for me. Something happened. No system update in my phone. It’s unfortunate as I don’t use a home PC for forum access.

Someone screwed up somewhere.

I buy, upgrade and tune cars to the max. That's what I live for in Forza. I'm always in the need for more cars. Check out my custom routes in Horizon 4! https://forums.forzamoto...routes.aspx#post_1133141
#16 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2019 5:39:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hieronymus1967 Go to Quoted Post
It's not an excuse, the forum software is old and it is slow but a good deal of that poor performance is down to the XBL authentication that often holds up the rendering of pages and posts.. We moderators have been clamoring for an update, any update, that might help for years now. For all that the poor performance inconveniences you, it can be even more problematic for us moderators sometimes as we have to do more than just read and post.

The wait continues.

It does indeed. Look I'm not trying to be a jerk but the more that complain the more likely something will be done. I should hope by the next Forza game we have a shiny new fast forum. I can only go back on Brave browser any other browser it has to reload all over again.
#17 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2019 2:22:14 AM(UTC)
Hopefully the forum gets sorted out in time for the next Forza release, Halo Waypoint is much faster.
#18 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2019 5:48:15 AM(UTC)
Better things are coming.

✔ Verified Moderator

Notification

Icon
Error