This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
5 Pages<<345Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#101 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 7:08:21 AM(UTC)
--New to FH4--

--Creative Hub--

Strong Arm of the Law.

My entry into PTG’s Music Livery Contest based on the album ‘Strong Arm of the Law’.
I doubt many people will remember SAXON, they’re still going I think but their heyday was in the 80’s. I did do a search before I started and got no results in either FM7 or H4! 😁 I’ve got a vague recollection of seeing their logo once waaaaay back in FM2 (possibly FM3 & possibly by a certain forum Moderator??? 🤔) but I don’t recall ever seeing an actual design done - sort of like the idea of painting something that hasn’t been done before (probably has though...)
Design works with all variations of body kits and lights

Car: 2015 Audi RS 6 Avant
File: SAXON RS 6 AVANT
quick search: MD
Share Code: 109 896 992

Source:

Edited by user Wednesday, June 17, 2020 7:19:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
#102 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2020 8:42:02 AM(UTC)
That was my favourite design in the contest! No voting this time though.
 1 user liked this post.
#103 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 4:35:55 AM(UTC)
Thanks Aqua, must admit my favourite was the Foo Fighters design, really liked the flow of it across the car.
New work in progress:

Started it 8 or 9 days ago with the idea it would be done by yesterday but lost my impetus so didn’t want to force it. More comfortable with black & white portraits but painting’s all about pushing yourself so we’ll see if I can pull it off to a reasonable standard…

Shout out to koiftt by the way 👍🏾

FH4 / FH3
 1 user liked this post.
#104 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 12:19:19 PM(UTC)
Happy enough with it so far, it’ll look ok with a bit of tidying...

.... the tricky part’s next, might be a while before the next update...

FH4 / FH3
#105 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 1:20:03 PM(UTC)
You possess more patience and tenacity than myself my friend 👍🏻😎 Great progress so far 👍🏻
sig box
 1 user liked this post.
#106 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2020 1:27:53 PM(UTC)
Thanks Kool 😁
Got some more done today…

Probably going to leave it as is for now as the layer count’s quite high compared to what I would normally expect. No doubt I’ll do some ‘snagging’ once I’ve painted his partner in rhyme...........

FH4 / FH3
#107 Posted : Saturday, July 4, 2020 5:32:54 AM(UTC)
Getting there, just got to paint his face and the clock....

If I can get those done today and tidy up both images that just leaves the background and a bit of custom font for the album title so I’m on course to have it all done by tomorrow.

FH4 / FH3
#108 Posted : Saturday, July 4, 2020 8:42:54 AM(UTC)
 1 user liked this post.
#109 Posted : Saturday, July 4, 2020 1:07:04 PM(UTC)
I don’t actually own a computer Bubbles so my process starts with a source image which I save to my iPad and then load into an app called CopyIt, which allows me to overlay a grid for reference.

The app itself has a broad range of settings so I can customise grid sizes, line colours and numbers as well as apply different effects to the source pic if I want to. I already have a couple of my preferred grid sizes saved as vinyl groups which are suited to logo work or more complex things like portraits.

Then it’s just a case of flicking between eyeballing the source image on the iPad and using points on the Xbox grid to get the features in the right place and correct proportions. I also use an app called Pixel Picker to get the colours as accurate as possible. That’s about it really, I’m sure other people do it differently but there’s more than one way to skin a cat and that works for me.

FH4 / FH3
#110 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2020 4:30:18 AM(UTC)
Finished…....

Learned a lot from this project. It’s not perfect by any means but it turned out better than I thought when I started and it’s given me more confidence to try colour portraits rather than staying in my B&W comfort zone. Working on a layout and will probably be another AH release, in the meantime I need to crack on with my entry for PTG’s new comp.

FH4 / FH3
#111 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2020 6:00:41 AM(UTC)
Wow, wow, wow..... it turned out really great!!!
#112 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2020 7:02:04 AM(UTC)
Not a fan, but the picture looks great!
#113 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2020 12:40:07 PM(UTC)
Thanks for the shout out, super pleased to see the result of my little nudge. Colour is a beautiful thing, you nailes it and i hope to see more from you! Can't wait to see the Enemy on a car.
#114 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2020 8:54:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FLUEX Go to Quoted Post
Wow, wow, wow..... it turned out really great!!!

Cheers Fluex, I’m just trying to keep up with the likes of you! 😉

Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
Not a fan, but the picture looks great!

Appreciate the compliment all the more, cheers Aqua 👍🏾

Originally Posted by: koiftt Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the shout out, super pleased to see the result of my little nudge. Colour is a beautiful thing, you nailes it and i hope to see more from you! Can't wait to see the Enemy on a car.

Yeah, for a while there I lost my motivation to be a part of the Forza “Community” (such as it is now compared to earlier days) but your comments helped me to focus again so very grateful for that koiftt 🍻

FH4 / FH3
#115 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2020 9:40:04 PM(UTC)
--New to FH4--

--Auction House--

It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back.

Hard to believe it’s been 32 years since Public Enemy released this album and my friends and I went to see them for the first time when they came to the UK later that year. A very personal paint for me for all sorts of reasons so I’ll throw some in the AH at random but as always, if you want one and don’t see one then message me and I’ll put one up.

Power to the people and the beats ✊🏾 👊 🤜🏼🤛🏿 ☝🏽 ✌🏼

Car: 1969 Dodge Charger R/T

Source:

Edited by user Wednesday, July 8, 2020 9:55:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FH4 / FH3
Quick Reply
5 Pages<<345Prev

Notification

Icon
Error