This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
11 Pages<<91011Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#251 Posted : Monday, December 2, 2019 3:02:19 AM(UTC)
I know that this car would be faster with a more powerful build, but I don't have sufficient throttle control to use it. I've shared a grippier setup if anyone is having similar problems.

Best time to date is 1:56.947.
#252 Posted : Monday, December 2, 2019 5:38:37 PM(UTC)
I think that'll about do it for me. Weather forced a hiatus in the garage roof (looks like I should be able to button it up next weekend, but even if I can't it should be OK until spring now), so I had some extra time to screw around on video games. Most of it was spent playing Borderlands 3 with my wife, but I got a bit of wheel time while she took my youngest to Cub Scouts.

Tinkered with the build a tiny bit even though I said I wouldn't. Added some chassis bracing, which freed up enough PI to install less ugly wheels. Gained 60 pounds in the process, and the Upgrade Shop spec sheet says the car is worse than it was before (higher 0-100 times and longer braking distances, which makes sense with the higher weight), but the car seemed a bit tighter on track and more forgiving of hard braking, so I'm going to chalk it up to the Forza engine not knowing it's backside from a hole in the ground when it comes to modeling on-track performance. Also added a bit of negative toe in the rear, which took care of the last of the oversteer I was running into. Other than that the setup is functionally identical to version 3. Uploaded as HLC07 VIR XE-S 4. It's about as perfect as it's going to get with the parameters I set for the build.

Current best (and probably final): 2:00.111

Originally Posted by: gtFOOTw Go to Quoted Post
Regarding that 583 hp, it's peaky, the torgue isn't bad so accelerating out of turns is easy.
Plus I can't feel any advantage to race comp over sport comp tires, so better to blast down the straight with the extra hp.

I was curious why my doors kept getting blown off going down that last straight...

I tried Sport tires on the Jag, but even with a mild horsepower delta (450 on Sport vs. 410 on Race) it was noticeably less settled than on race rubber. Not undriveable, but not great, either. Ended up going back to Race comps, since adding aero is out of the question.
 1 user liked this post.
#253 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2019 4:29:49 AM(UTC)
Haven't been able to play much. Life has been crazy. I hope to get some more laps down tonight if I have a chance to play. I have a 2:03 something I think. First couple runs, not even 100% what that was in, maybe Caddy FE? Anyway, hope to get some more time on one of my all time favorite tracks!
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
#254 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2019 7:47:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: crash220 Go to Quoted Post

What to try next? Hmmmm..... CTS-V, M5, or Infinity IPL??????

NOT the M5! I tried for a total of two hours and couldn't find a build that would break 1:59. Moss & Foot's Infinity's were good for 1:58 but Alea's CTS-V felt like cheating at 1:56.622 on a **** lap that left at least 0.5 on the track.

I don't know what it is about VIR and the Ring but I can only go for about 20 minutes without getting sim sick so I think I'll forgo the press for a perfect lap this week.
Crash

Edited by user Tuesday, December 3, 2019 7:57:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#255 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2019 11:47:43 PM(UTC)
Ran a few laps in my Lincoln Continental. First I threw a V10, I know right?! Me, a V10 swap! Wasn't paying much attention until I was tuning it, that's when I saw it was native AWD. Gave it a shot but even with 630hp, it wasn't what it should be.

Took it back to the garage, put the 6.2 back in it along with a RWD swap. I had originally built this as a drag car when it first came available. So after some tuning, took a few laps and ran a 2:02.109. I didnt know how fast it would be or I would have shared it before running so it could be downloaded. From the boards, but I did share it after.

I dont know if it's any good, I just know its alot faster than my time. I had time for the 4 laps I ran by the time I rebuilt it. Don't think I'll be home from work before this switches so that's that. Love this track, had a good time with this division, when I could play, lol.
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
#256 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2019 1:05:48 AM(UTC)
Had a few minutes this am before work. Ran a couple more laps and took another second off. It could be a contender if I can cut a second in 4 laps cold, lol.

Anyway, I'm diggin' my Hotrod Lincoln, currently at 2:01.250. Tune is shared if you folks are bored.
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
#257 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2019 3:15:17 AM(UTC)
Not my best effort I’ll admit but made progress until I got VERY close to 2:04s.... then it all went south...... 😂

Official time...... VIR...HLR BURNINASPHALT...... Jaguar XE S.... 2:05:092..... 😎
 1 user liked this post.
#258 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2019 5:02:39 AM(UTC)
I'm sorry I can't be here much, but I was a father on November 23rd and the little one doesn't leave any free time.
Today I was able to do 4 laps and I had a better time than I thought.

Cadillac CTS-V - 01:55,396 - Tune: A700 - miguel1284

https://ibb.co/cDBKkfJ

Edited by user Wednesday, December 4, 2019 5:05:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#259 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2019 10:18:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: miguel1284 Go to Quoted Post
I'm sorry I can't be here much, but I was a father on November 23rd and the little one doesn't leave any free time.
Today I was able to do 4 laps and I had a better time than I thought.

Cadillac CTS-V - 01:55,396 - Tune: A700 - miguel1284

https://ibb.co/cDBKkfJ

Congratulations Miguel, and an excellent time you've set in your limited time!
#260 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2019 12:32:19 PM(UTC)
Did a 2:02.397. In a Cadillac ATS FE. Self tuned. Still using a wheel. I spent lots of laps learning the track better and trying for consistency. Hoped to do some more laps before deadline, but life happens. Tons of fun!
 2 users liked this post.
#261 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2019 1:03:31 PM(UTC)
VIR is a great track, but very tricky. We didn't have high hopes that these cars would be competitive, but our worries were proved wrong with 2 of our drivers setting top 10 times, and our numbers held up at 26, despite our choice of track and cars.

Welcome back Beermachine66.

Most of the cars were competitive, with a variety of cars being chosen, in fact at one stage we wonderd if xAlea would be setting times in all of them. In the end xAlea took a Caddy CTS-V to #2 on the global leaderboard, followed by a rush of people setting new best times in the same car. Podium places went to our returning driver Beermachine66, and minsons, both using xAlea's Caddy setup.

Here is a snapshot of the final standings:

Congratulations to our winners:

Tier 1 Winner: xAlea Jacta Est wins a paint for his 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe.

Tier 2 Winner: miguel1284 wins a paint for his 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe.

Tier 3 Winner: gtFOOTw wins a paint for his 2012 Infiniti IPL G Coupe.

Tier 4 Winner: hansonalanrob wins a paint for his 2010 Maserati Gran Turismo S.

Tuners Prize: xAlea Jacta Est wins a paint for his 2008 Ferrari California since he has already won a Cadillac livery.

To claim your paints, message HLR Moss to arrange it's sharing whilst you are waiting in the car to download. We don't want anyone else to grab them. They are each personalised for the winner and hopefully will provide you with a memory of the event.

For our next challenge we are off to Silverstone to drive some early supercars. We hope you enjoy it!

FM7, Series 3, Event 8
S Class (S800 Max)
Silverstone GP Day
Restricted to any car in the Rise of the Supercar Division
Event will close at 9:00pm (UK time) on Wednesday, 11th December.

Prize Liveries for Tier winners and for the Tuner whose shared setup is placed highest when driven by another driver.

Everyone welcome.
Simply post your times in this thread. But:
* Let us know if you play with a wheel
* Let us know if you drive Hardcore.

The Leaderboard can be found here: HLC Leaderboard

The Rise of the Supercar Cars
1997 Lamborghini Diablo SV
1995 Ferrari F50
1993 Jaguar XJ220
1993 Jaguar XJ220 FE
1993 McLaren F1
1992 Ferrari 512 TR
1992 Bugatti EB110 Suoer Sport
1988 Lamborghini Countach LP5000 QV
1987 Ferrari F40
1987 Porsche 959
1981 BMW M1

Just 11 cars in this division. The Ferrari F50 is the highest placed of the cars to date at #16. Can any of the other cars compete with it?

Edited by user Wednesday, December 4, 2019 1:07:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#262 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2019 1:05:19 PM(UTC)
Here are the Tiers for our Event #8. Good Luck!

PRKid

Edited by user Wednesday, December 4, 2019 1:22:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#263 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2019 6:39:58 PM(UTC)
I have no idea what it is about the revamped Silverstone, but the entire first half of the track is just one big blur of turns that all look the same. Makes it really hard to set up for the next corner when you can't remember whether it's a left, a left-right, a right, a right-right, or whatever. The track and I didn't get along before (it's not a bad track per se, but I could never get the hang of it), but now it's like it's purposefully going out of its way to be confrontational just to be a jerk.

Strongly dislike all the available cars, as well. Tried a M1 (too much power and not enough tire), a Testarossa (undersquare tires == understeering car, plus it's a bit dull to drive; not coincidentally, it's the fastest of the lot), a XJ220 (very imprecise, and the seat position makes a Miata feel like a monster truck), and a McLaren (a bit temperamental, but I think that was the setup more than the car itself). Will likely stick with the McLaren, as it showed some promise, wasn't horrible to drive, and comes from the factory in a brilliant Barney purple (so I can continue my trend of driving OEM purple cars this season).

Somewhat related: I think someone looking for a leaderboard-capable car that isn't a F50 might want to give the Testarossa a shot. Even with a quick initial build and setup, it's measurably faster (~2 seconds) than the others I tried.

Also somewhat related: Where's a Ruf CTR when you need one? It'd fit in great in this group, and I'll overlook the twin turbo setup in favor of the OHMYGODWE'REALLGONNADIE! that only it can provide. It's like driving a really angry weasel on a cocaine bender.

Current best: 2:12.something in a fugly 512.

Originally Posted by: miguel1284 Go to Quoted Post

Congratulations. And you're right; they don't leave much free time.
 1 user liked this post.
#264 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2019 9:12:36 AM(UTC)
02:03.227 in the F50
#265 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2019 11:06:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BHR TRUEbk Go to Quoted Post
02:03.227 in the F50

Welcome back TRUEbk! Great run to kick it off.

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 2 users liked this post.
#266 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2019 11:57:21 AM(UTC)
Test all cars, with ~10laps for each car

1 - around 2.00.8 : Ferrari F50 (TX3 Shelby' tune)
2 - between 2.01.5 and 2.02.0 : BMW M1
3 - around 2.02.6 : Jaguar XJ220 / McLaren F1
4 -around 2.03.0 : Ferrari 512 TR / Lamborghini Countach / Ferrari F40 / Lamborghini Diablo SV
5 - around 2.03.8 : Porsche 959
6- around 2.04.5 : Bugatti EB110

All tunes shared
#267 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2019 1:08:10 PM(UTC)
Update: 02:02.387 with TX3 Shelby's tune. Seen faster time if I can keep it clean.
 2 users liked this post.
#268 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2019 1:54:26 PM(UTC)
Tried a couple of cars already at S800 and ran 2:9.167 in the Ferrari 512TR
 2 users liked this post.
#269 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2019 6:43:26 PM(UTC)
And I’m at 2:09:9xx in a Jag 220...... 😎
#270 Posted : Saturday, December 7, 2019 7:58:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xAlea Jacta Est Go to Quoted Post

Test all cars, with ~10laps for each car

Amazing times, especially the F50! Where the heck do you find the time to test ALL cars...lol...

GREAT job!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 2 users liked this post.
#271 Posted : Saturday, December 7, 2019 9:01:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post
Where the heck do you find the time to test ALL cars...

No kidding. That's probably twice the number of laps I'll put in for the entire week in whichever car I pick as my main. Kinda makes me miss my pre-kids days when I had that kind of free time.
 1 user liked this post.
#272 Posted : Saturday, December 7, 2019 4:00:32 PM(UTC)
I am running with a wheel always. Started off with what I think was an old tune from GTFoot that put me in the 2:08s. Tried to make one of my own and worked to get it to better fit my limited capabilities and got down to 2:05.8xx. Shared as HLR HLC V1.0. I tried to make it stable but still get it to rotate quickly in the slower bits. I think there is a bit more in it for me and would love to have some feedback on it.
#273 Posted : Saturday, December 7, 2019 5:57:18 PM(UTC)
I think I'm going to throw in the towel for whis week (and yes, I know where my towel is). I've tried a bunch of builds for several of the cars and haven't been able to find anything I enjoy driving. Coupled with Silverstone's apparently Kryptonite-like effect on my ability to put down a respectable lap (I have no idea how you guys are getting anywhere near 2:00), I'm just not having any fun with this one.

Current best: 2:10.something in a Ferrari Testarossa.
11 Pages<<91011Prev

Notification

Icon
Error