10 Pages<<56789>>PrevNext
#151 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 4:25:44 AM(UTC)
So being the first owner of a car is a thing now, huh?
 3 users liked this post.
#152 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 4:27:21 AM(UTC)
Some people on this forum really do make you despair.

A pop up showroom somewhere on the map that was open for Black Friday only, what was wrong with something like that? That would have been better for everyone.

Haven't you people defending this ever heard of sleep, work, friends or family? Why should anyone if they wanted some of these cars be forced to forego at least 1 of those things for no other reason than 'Tough luck mate you live in the wrong part of the world.'?

And the ignorance from those defenders is incredible, it is blatantly obvious why people aren't happy.

But with certain ones I'm starting to think PG would have to make FH4 hack their credit card details, empty their account and proceed to make their Xbox explode before they even start thinking their precious PG gets it wrong sometimes.
#153 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 4:37:52 AM(UTC)
Current max allowed auction price for a Camaro PO is 34k... not quite the best time to sell then.
#154 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 4:44:47 AM(UTC)
I missed the Camaro PO by 15 mins because of an Xbox update :/
#155 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 4:46:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MrEff1618 Go to Quoted Post

Is there anyone from the UK here that's been able to log in at all this morning?

Me, no problems here.

Huh, I hope there isn't anything wrong with my game then, it was fine last night.
#156 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 5:06:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MrEff1618 Go to Quoted Post

Is there anyone from the UK here that's been able to log in at all this morning?

Me, no problems here.

I had logged in about 08:30 an picked the car up at 09:01 from UK ...

Edited by user Saturday, November 30, 2019 5:08:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

It's not a Question of whether the Glass is 1/2 Full or 1/2 Empty - A man dying of thirst would be happy to get his hands on either...

4 users liked this post.
#157 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 5:31:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Lazzzzie Go to Quoted Post
Judging from the reaction of some of you, PG are probably better off not doing these black friday events at all.

Or you can do it the right way. There is no problem with the action itself.

So far in this thread, no one defending PG has actually answered a very simple question: how is the current implementation better than the obvious solution of simply making all the cars available during the entire promotion?
#158 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 5:34:30 AM(UTC)
I missed the Camaro because I thought it was 9pm, and not 9am... ooops!
 2 users liked this post.
#159 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 5:41:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DunkinDonutsNr1 Go to Quoted Post

It was always a thing! But not for everybody :D I can't help myself but don't want used dirty cars. My game, my rules! :D

#160 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 5:41:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: blackdragon3733 Go to Quoted Post

LOL

But I feel the pain...

1 user liked this post.
#161 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 6:47:49 AM(UTC)
Woke up this morning around 6 and there were high winds, and since we live in a blackout prone area in rough weather, I figured I should go get the Camaro while I still could. I had until 8, but if the power had gone out, I wouldn't be able.

It is very dark out at 6am this time of year.

Originally Posted by: blackdragon3733 Go to Quoted Post

That's harsh, man.

Edited by user Saturday, November 30, 2019 6:49:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#162 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 7:00:15 AM(UTC)
So... like I said earlier in the thread, I was at work while the IE was on sale, so I have picked one up in AH instead. I still got the Camaro PO and Countryman from FTH shop. A nice surprise was to see the Colorado in there, I picked one from the shop too.

Also, I personally don't care if I'm not the first owner of a vehicle in 4za, but that's just me.
#163 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 7:14:49 AM(UTC)
I don't know why I decided to be the first owner of at least one of each unique car in my garage. I think maybe because I can, and it's just challenging enough to be interesting without being needlessly frustrating. If, at the end of it all, there is one ultra rare car that I don't have and can't get first hand, (My guess is it'll be the Capri FE) it probably won't bother me too much. Because by then, we'll all be on to Horizon 5, or whatever the next thing will be. There are cars in Horizon 3 that I could never get first hand, and had to get them from the auction house. There are cars in Horizon 3 that I still don't have, and never bothered to get from the auction house, and I'm not sure if I still can get them from the auction house. I'll survive. But for now, it's just... I don't know, something to do. Like that guy who played through the original Pokemon capturing only Shiny types.

Edited by user Saturday, November 30, 2019 7:15:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#164 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 7:40:09 AM(UTC)
Yup! But only for us that suffer a form of OCD. LOL

Personally, I'd completed everything in the game and wanted a little challenge to keep me interested and being original owner of all cars was it.

Works for me, but obviously won't for everyone, but so what?

"Each To Their Own" or "To Each Their Own", depending which side of the pond you're on.

Edited by user Saturday, November 30, 2019 7:51:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#165 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 7:55:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ripperoo UK Go to Quoted Post
Yup! But only for us that suffer a form of OCD. LOL

Personally, I'd completed everything in the game and wanted a little challenge to keep me interested and being original owner of all cars was it.

Works for me, but obviously won't for everyone, but so what?

"Each To Their Own" or "To Each Their Own", depending which side of the pond you're on.

+1

Just a bit of fun, I kind of feel that the PO cars I won in the auction house aren't 'really' mine because I didn't meet the original criteria like pre-ordering from Amazon or whatever each car needed. But the ones we got given or bought in-game are 'legitimately' mine. It's just psychological, I know it's silly but sometimes the world needs a bit of harmless silliness as an antidote for the horrors of reality we face (thinking of the news yesterday) - which is why I think those complaining excessively about this event could do with getting a bit of perspective.

Also by buying another one I've increased the total supply and when I sell the old one I will make someone's day a little bit happier, and that has to be a good thing. (Remember, if these were permanently available to everyone for a low price in the shop then nobody would care about them - it's the rareness that makes them desirable.)

Edited by user Saturday, November 30, 2019 7:58:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#166 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 12:37:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: seanbil Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: gamer1000k Go to Quoted Post
[quote=seanbil;1138522]In reference to the linked comic strip and the topic at hand, yes this is just a game, but it's a game that's using a lot of nasty tricks from the gambling playbook to try to hook players into logging in and playing more than they otherwise would. For most most "normal" people this isn't a big issue, but there's a statistically significant group of people who are especially vulnerable to this type of manipulation. Kids are also much more vulnerable to this than older demographics. I hate to use "think of the children", but with regard to FH4 I feel it's appropriate given their actions with bending over backwards to censor songs to keep their kid friendly rating and the whole LEGO expansion thing.

Now Forza doesn't use this abusive game design to fuel microtransactions like a lot of other AAA games (my theory is they fully intended to but then EA's loot box woes happened and the Forza devs hurriedly disabled them for FM7 and FH4), but they do use it to boost their player engagement metrics (and sell more xbox live/gamepass/vip).

Putting new content behind a 3 hour availability window with the black friday event means a lot of players will be logging in every 3 hours. Great for PG's metrics, but is this honestly how you want to play the game, having it turn into a job and needing to set an alarm clock to play? It's been bad enough with the weekly timegates on vehicles, and this is just another step down that road.

But yes, I am glad to see that the Forzathon Shop being used more. Just wish it was more respectful of my time, especially on a Holiday weekend where people should be interacting with family and friends (and catching up on sleep), not babysitting a game.

Gaming addiction has been around long before virtual rewards have been in a game like Horizon. Some people had addictions to coin-op arcade games like Pac-Man and Centipede. Nobody that I'm aware of ever criticized the High Score lists there or even the possibly addictive nature of the leaderboards in Horizon's Rivals, which for some could be more addictive than a virtual reward car. So why are virtual rewards so vilified when they're really no different than any other form of recognition in a game, like a high score? Without having to take some action to earn something, then where is the game in that?

[..snip..]

I do agree with you that gaming addiction should be a serious concern when it applies to children. I would also argue that it is more so the responsibility of parents to monitor what their children are doing and what they are playing at any given moment than it is for game publishers to build every game for a "Sesame Street" audience. It is not for parents to rely on game publishers to babysit their kids, but for parents to take more responsibility in being parents if they expect such duties to be handled by a game.

The notion that PG took steps to ensure that the "Stupidly Priced Cars" promotion was as "addictive" as possible is an absurd accusation. If you want to know how far down the rabbit hole they could've gone (if that were their intent) then ask yourselves why you're all so focused on a specific time slot on that car list. If PG wanted to have you at your consoles and computers for the entire 48 hours, then they wouldn't have given you a schedule in advance that outlined when the cars that interested you were going to be released. They've given everyone ample opportunity to prepare for the sale. However, that still wasn't enough -- What they apparently needed to do was to show up at everyone's doorstep and give everyone the keys to the game.

Some have asked why the devs don't participate on the Forum and I think I know why. Take a step back and read this entire thread over from the beginning, and then multiply that by a few hundred more just like it. Most of the complaints are about as petty as complaining about the inconvenience of Halloween. Anyway, Trick-or-Treat, y'all. 🙄

I do agree that there are and unfortunately will be percentage of people whom get addicted to about anything. That's not to say issue needs to be escalated. I don't necessarily mean this Black Friday event, but in general.

I don't like to get in private on public forums, but I while I wasn't blessed with children, that doesn't mean kids in our family aren't important to me, I'm an uncle for many. So while I can show what kind of game Horizon is, we were mostly just fooling around. That's not to say that we don't play games but it's board games that are great entertainment for us. What comes to digital space, games are getting larger part of media environment. Parents also work and time is limited so I read about games I'm not even interested but that are big, learn about ways of the industry and share that what I have learned and my experience, I don't have any intention to pretend that while games, say Forza can be fun, it's also huge waste of time. And we debate about that and have also come to certain conclusions and we aren't only ones in that.

I don't think this event was anything terrible and while I snapped PO Camaro because time zone it was available was convenient for me, it's yet another car I didn't even test drive. What I really liked to see would be another Community Championship event done like one before, where custom blueprinters posted their work on forums. Something to do with all the existing cars. Spotted something funny that can be done with Winter physics a while back, maybe get blueprinters to give it a shot to find something fresh from the map.

It makes sense that we get cars in a racing game, but it would be nice to get races as well. Content tailored to car collectors puts focus on garage. Hope Eliminator is about racing.
#167 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 2:57:46 PM(UTC)
Does t look like the deals are over yet! Picked up a lambo veneno a few hours ago and it looks like there will be something new in the next hour.
#168 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 3:19:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VemmeKart99 Go to Quoted Post
Does t look like the deals are over yet! Picked up a lambo veneno a few hours ago and it looks like there will be something new in the next hour.

OMG, really? What I missed after Camaro? Focus PO? :D

#169 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 3:51:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post
I don't know why I decided to be the first owner of at least one of each unique car in my garage. I think maybe because I can, and it's just challenging enough to be interesting without being needlessly frustrating. If, at the end of it all, there is one ultra rare car that I don't have and can't get first hand, (My guess is it'll be the Capri FE) it probably won't bother me too much. Because by then, we'll all be on to Horizon 5, or whatever the next thing will be. There are cars in Horizon 3 that I could never get first hand, and had to get them from the auction house. There are cars in Horizon 3 that I still don't have, and never bothered to get from the auction house, and I'm not sure if I still can get them from the auction house. I'll survive. But for now, it's just... I don't know, something to do. Like that guy who played through the original Pokemon capturing only Shiny types.

For the Capri FE, biggest things on your way are farming creator levels and getting Rank 10. Other than that, it's doable.

I don't like it very much but it's got better offroad tires so it can be useful.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
 1 user liked this post.
#170 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 4:03:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post

OMG, really? What I missed after Camaro? Focus PO? :D

It’s the Dodge Hellcat now and it’s zero FP.
#171 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 4:04:01 PM(UTC)

It's the 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat, for free. Also some Christmas clothing items.

Looks like this will all be up for 24 hours.

Edited by user Saturday, November 30, 2019 4:05:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#172 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 4:19:13 PM(UTC)
Well, it’s December, or soon December!
 3 users liked this post.
#173 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 4:30:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheGillesMuller Go to Quoted Post
Some people on this forum really do make you despair.

A pop up showroom somewhere on the map that was open for Black Friday only, what was wrong with something like that? That would have been better for everyone.

Haven't you people defending this ever heard of sleep, work, friends or family? Why should anyone if they wanted some of these cars be forced to forego at least 1 of those things for no other reason than 'Tough luck mate you live in the wrong part of the world.'?

And the ignorance from those defenders is incredible, it is blatantly obvious why people aren't happy.

But with certain ones I'm starting to think PG would have to make FH4 hack their credit card details, empty their account and proceed to make their Xbox explode before they even start thinking their precious PG gets it wrong sometimes.

There is finally something in the store that is right up your alley.

Some 'unimpressed' glasses.
 2 users liked this post.
#174 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 5:02:58 PM(UTC)
Challenger Hellcat. Wow.
The number of slots selling cars has been reduced to one.
Super wheel spins will return to their original price and the number of purchases will remain limited.

I don't want to say that much, but PG, did you think we were pleased with this?
If the service offered by an online game deteriorates, players will hate and leave the game. PG, if you want us to continue to love this game, please also provide good online services that will allow us to love this game.
 2 users liked this post.
#175 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 5:10:56 PM(UTC)
the Black Friday sales are now over

it's now the Advent calendar and the cars are free each day

but people still complaining as usual
given free now but old cars...but of course demand the newer cars that were added
maybe by the end
10 Pages<<56789>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error