1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 10:25:19 AM(UTC)
I came from ps4 and grand turissimo. That is a game where i drive ok. But im struggling hard with horizon. I play with an original controller for xbox. My car is all over the road and outside. I think the problem is that i start to turn in to a corner but the car i still going strait forward. So i turn in some more and then its to much and the car start to slide. And it feels like its not consistent. Tips?? would like to have the game play feel more like gran turissimo.
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 1:33:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Trond4531 Go to Quoted Post
I came from ps4 and grand turissimo. That is a game where i drive ok. But im struggling hard with horizon. I play with an original controller for xbox. My car is all over the road and outside. I think the problem is that i start to turn in to a corner but the car i still going strait forward. So i turn in some more and then its to much and the car start to slide. And it feels like its not consistent. Tips?? would like to have the game play feel more like gran turissimo.

That sounds more like tuning than anything else.

You also should check your tires.

Some of the cars stock are great but most will need a tune of some sort if you want to take corners fast.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 2:12:43 PM(UTC)
Tune your car, but also learn to turn early. If your TV has a game mode use it. I turn before I get to the bend, it becomes second nature after awhile.
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 3:04:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FlashyClamp5213 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RAGE607 Go to Quoted Post
I feel like I don't even have to try to drive good. I know it is an arcade game but this time, I feel, it went too far. The cars are handled so easily.

Leaving alone the actual physics simulation, there's an important factor: the Input-Layer Translation.

In a simplified form, it can be a simple question:

"Drive the People", or "Drive the Cars"?

This post may give you some ideas on the problem.

This is usually where the most of the discrepancy comes.
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 3:27:21 PM(UTC)
What is original controller? Don't use it. X1 controller is much better than DS4 so you should drive like a pro after GT. Horizon has a bit different controls so you need to used to it at least.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 27, 2019 3:31:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 5:13:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Trond4531 Go to Quoted Post
My car is all over the road and outside. I think the problem is that i start to turn in to a corner but the car i still going strait forward. So i turn in some more and then its to much and the car start to slide. And it feels like its not consistent. Tips??

Well, what car are you driving? is it AWD, RWD or FWD? to start with, go with AWD.

What settings are you using? Try ABS on, Traction Control off, Stability Control off. Since you're having issues with the turns, keep steering on normal and damage & tire wear to cosmetic.

all over the road... hmm, that sounds like you're driving a RWD. at least that's what you see often online if people that are not used to them suddenly drive an RWD car, because the event requires them to...

at the festival you can find better tunes at the garage tab: upgrades & tuning. go with "find new tunes" and search for the car class you want to drive your car in. then select a tune that has some stars and is AWD. if there are multiple to pick from, maybe go with one that mentions grip. as Rex mentioned, various cars aren't that fun to drive in their stock tune. and if you ever get to drive in the online trial, do the other players a favor and always show up with a proper tuned car ;-]
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2019 1:37:19 PM(UTC)
If you are new to Horizon series, start disabling driving aids like traction control, etc. Turn on Braking Line.

Change difficulty to beginner. Pick car class D-300 + or C class car, then get on circuit like Holyrood Park Circuit (Near Edinburgh) start racing. Don't mind about Drivatars, focus on keeping your car on the road and look for lap times after each race. You get feel to the cars like in Gran Turismo and Credits & Influence at the same time.

Good luck!
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2019 2:21:49 PM(UTC)
I didn't know that traction control made things harder, I thought it was supposed to help you.
#9 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2019 3:08:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
I didn't know that traction control made things harder, I thought it was supposed to help you.

It might depend from car class. Maybe they are good on S2 but for lower classes it's not just me. I tried this in one of our family gatherings while showing Forza for kids. I set low difficulty and driving aids for them but then their driving seemed more convoluted than it should be. So I tried myself and controls felt really weird and unintuitive. We had S1 Subaru I think. So we started disabling driving aids one by one and kids started to get better times, so did I.
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2019 11:09:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post

It might depend from car class. Maybe they are good on S2 but for lower classes it's not just me. I tried this in one of our family gatherings while showing Forza for kids. I set low difficulty and driving aids for them but then their driving seemed more convoluted than it should be. So I tried myself and controls felt really weird and unintuitive. We had S1 Subaru I think. So we started disabling driving aids one by one and kids started to get better times, so did I.

I tested this two different cars 10 laps in bamburgh circuit with assists (tcs, abs, stm all on and automatic) and without assists and using manual w/clutch with Evo and using normal manual with Pista.

With Evo Lancer i was 1,2 second faster without assists with Pista cap was smaler but still without assists i was 0,5 second faster and im not even that good to drive RWD cars without tcs.
#11 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2019 6:15:46 AM(UTC)
If you want easy to drive tunes. Try to look for tunes by Don Joewon Song. His tunes can be used even without assists and you don't have to be skilled.
Though stay away from his ninja training/gymkhana tunes which aren't good for racing.
#12 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2019 8:40:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ArcticInsanity Go to Quoted Post
If you want easy to drive tunes. Try to look for tunes by Don Joewon Song. His tunes can be used even without assists and you don't have to be skilled.
Though stay away from his ninja training/gymkhana tunes which aren't good for racing.

And Bosoxkiller tunes are good as well, especially for grip.
#13 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2019 12:41:12 PM(UTC)
[quote=Trond4531;1138324]I came from ps4 and grand turissimo. That is a game where i drive ok. But im struggling hard with horizon. I play with an original controller for xbox. My car is all over the road and outside. I think the problem is that i start to turn in to a corner but the car i still going strait forward. So i turn in some more and then its to much and the car start to slide. And it feels like its not

Turn on the driving lines in the difficulty settings and brake as you drive over the red driving line until the red driving line turns yellow (or green if the car has really poor handling). Try to avoid braking while turning (Braking before the the turn is best). Use only the best handling cars and the best acceleration cars (Some cars drive poorly no matter how they're tuned). You can also let off the throttle instead of braking at times to slow down a little bit. You can find out the best cars from forums and certain Youtubers. Ignore cars with low handling and low acceleration. Speed is less important than handling and acceleration (You need a certain speed level to do well on long straight roads). When possible, steer the car further inward than the driving line while turning to pass other racers. You could also lower the "Steering Axis Deadzone Outside" on the Advanced settings to prevent oversteering.

Edited by user Friday, November 29, 2019 12:58:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#14 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2019 1:20:25 PM(UTC)
...Or if you need driving tips I believe those videos can help.

Note: For a better playback experience, download the high quality version clip from the link in the description and play it using some adequate player like MPC-BE.

Edited by user Saturday, November 30, 2019 12:59:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#15 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2019 1:52:03 PM(UTC)
You'll have to relearn everything in FH4. I approached the game like I would with GT and all my tunes, driving lines, etc are different in FH4 since the driving physics are not realistic. You'll learn the same thing about the tune (ie low tire pressure and other suspension settings that work well make so sense). It's like Playground Games hired a hamster to code the tuning physics.

Notification

Icon
Error