45 Pages<<89101112>>PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#226 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 4:38:46 PM(UTC)
This challenge has been fun, exhilarating, and frustrating all at the same time.... unfortunately RL will keep me from running again before it closes.... so without further ado....

Official time.... Alps Festival R.... HLR BURNINASPHALT... 91 CR X... 2:08:350.... 😎

E class next? BRING IT!
 2 users liked this post.
#227 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 11:47:52 AM(UTC)

it's been super competitive in Tier 2. top position changed several times per day throughout the week. pretty cool

improved to 2:03.828 but still 0.012s short of tier2 P1

still happy i got a sub 2:04 and also on the front page of the world LB @ P11

2 users liked this post.
#228 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 1:07:22 PM(UTC)
Bernese Alps Festival is not everyone's favourite track, but the cars performed well in this class, and the number of runners held up at 28. Welcome back PTG Benny.

This is the first car division for some time where one of the cars stood out from the rest. The 1991 Honda CR-X proved unbeatable, and we ended the week with 5 of our drivers in the top 10, with our winner xAlea Jacta Est claiming the #1 time. Podium places went to our returning driver PTG Benny, and minsons. Both of whom ran the setup created by crash220.

Here is a snapshot of the final standings:

Congratulations to our winners:

Tier 1 Winner: xAlea Jacta Est wins a paint for his 1991 Honda CR-X SiR.

Tier 2 Winner: razzitGT wins a paint for his 1991 Honda CR-X SiR.

Tier 3 Winner: StreetTalon4g63 wins a paint for his 1991 Honda CR-X SiR.

Tier 4 Winner: Mr Pinstripes wins a paint for his 1977 AMC Pacer X.

Tuners Prize: crash220 wins a paint for his excellent Honda CR-X setup, that PTG Benny drove to 2nd place, and #4 on the Global leaderboard.

To claim your paints, message HLR Moss to arrange it's sharing whilst you are waiting in the car to download. We don't want anyone else to grab them. They are each personalised for the winner and hopefully will provide you with a memory of the event.

For our next challenge we are off to Virginia to drive some very classy cars. We hope you enjoy it!

FM7, Series 3, Event 7
A Class (A700 Max)
VIR Full Day
Restricted to any car in the Sport Luxury Division
Event will close at 9:00pm (UK time) on Wednesday, 4th December.

Prize Liveries for Tier winners and for the Tuner whose shared setup is placed highest when driven by another driver.

Everyone welcome.
Simply post your times in this thread. But:
* Let us know if you play with a wheel
* Let us know if you drive Hardcore.

The Leaderboard can be found here: HLC Leaderboard

The Sport Luxury Cars
2017 Porsche Panamera Turbo
2017 Bentley Continental Supersports
2017 Lincoln Continental
2016 Cadillac ATS-V
2016 Cadillac ATS-V FE
2016 Rolls-Royce Dawn
2016 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan
2015 Bentley EXP 10 Speed 6 Concept
2015 Volvo S60 Polestar
2015 Audi RS6 Avant
2015 Jaguar XE-S
2015 Jaguar XFR-S
2015 Infiniti Q60 Concept
2015 Volvo V60 Polestar
2014 Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge
2014 Maserati Ghibli S
2014 Rolls-Royce Wraith
2013 BMW M6 Coupe
2013 Audi RS7 Sportback
2013 Bentley Continental GT Speed
2013 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG
2012 Infiniti IPL G Coupe
2012 BMW M5
2011 Audi RS5 Coupe
2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe
2010 Maserati Gran Tourismo S
2010 Maserati Gran Tourismo S FE
2010 BMW M6 Coupe
2009 BMW M5
2009 Audi RS6
2008 Ferrari California

31 little used cars in this division, and very few on this leaderboard. I doubt we will be challenging the leaders, but how many can we get into the top 100?
 3 users liked this post.
#229 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 1:09:02 PM(UTC)
You’re telling me it’s been tight! I’ve kept an eye on the leaderboard while I’ve been in work the last couple of days, unfortunately I peaked a day too early! Congrats to you guys getting first and second in tier two, such a great battle!
15/15 = 93%
 1 user liked this post.
#230 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 1:11:19 PM(UTC)
Here are the Tiers for Event 7 of Season 3. Good Luck!

PRKid

Edited by user Wednesday, November 27, 2019 1:20:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
 2 users liked this post.
#231 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 1:25:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Smoke5495 Go to Quoted Post
You’re telling me it’s been tight! I’ve kept an eye on the leaderboard while I’ve been in work the last couple of days, unfortunately I peaked a day too early! Congrats to you guys getting first and second in tier two, such a great battle!

tier 2 was insane. i can't thank crash220 enough, lovely build. :)

2 users liked this post.
#232 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 2:34:19 PM(UTC)
Hmm... None of the cars strike my fancy, but VIR is one of my favorites. Never did understand why so many people hate that track. Probably going to end up in one of the M6s, but the M5s, the Jags, or possibly even the California (never been crazy about the big Ferrari GTs, but pickin's are slim in this division) aren't out of the question.
 2 users liked this post.
#233 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 2:58:08 PM(UTC)
1:58.875 on my first outing in a Caddy ATS-V. Tune is shared, I usually finish around mid-pack, maybe someone fast can put it higher.
 4 users liked this post.
#234 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 3:17:41 PM(UTC)
Thanks to all who tried my Civic - at least it was RWD. Way to keep digging haulmarc! I really can't complain about everyone else beating me with my own tune and I'm certain Benny could have used a taller gear. BUT.... FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER..... I ended up +0.1 on Moss instead of -0.1! Sorry friend but I need to do a happy dance :-).

Happy Dance, Happy Dance, Happy Dance,
Crash

What to try next? Hmmmm..... CTS-V, M5, or Infinity IPL??????
 2 users liked this post.
#235 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 3:35:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: gtFOOTw Go to Quoted Post
1:58.875 on my first outing in a Caddy ATS-V. Tune is shared, I usually finish around mid-pack, maybe someone fast can put it higher.

This one might be better, very fast on the straights, 1.58.167 in the Infinity IPL G, tune shared.

2 users liked this post.
#236 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2019 3:40:46 PM(UTC)
I’m calling dibs on the Jaguar XE S.....(sorry Pinstripes, you can have the other Jag 😂😂).

I like Jags too and this one looks better to me.... 😗

I’ll start building and running it Turkey Day..... 🦃🦃...gobble gobble!!
 2 users liked this post.
#237 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2019 5:01:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BurninAsphalt Go to Quoted Post
I’m calling dibs on the Jaguar XE S.....(sorry Pinstripes, you can have the other Jag).

I like Jags too and this one looks better to me...

I think we're going to show up to the dance wearing the same outfit, Asphalt. Tried the M6 (it's a wallowy pig regardless of what you do with it) and the California (the closest to square you can get the tires is something like 265 front/365.26 rear; didn't even drive it after I saw that). That leaves the Jags, and I absolutely agree with you; the XE-S is way better looking than that other thing. The XE-S may not the best-looking Jaguar ever, but the XFR-S looks like a Holden got it on with a Grand Marquis when both of them were really drunk. Doesn't deserve to wear a kitty at all.

If it'll make the fashion duplicity less awkward, mine's going to be Ridiculous Purple (because apparently both AMC and Jaguar know that people with discerning taste want their car to be something other than Apathetic Greige Metallic)...
 2 users liked this post.
#238 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2019 8:39:32 AM(UTC)
I’ve decided to have a go with my own build and tune rather than relying on other people’s all the time... so I’m expecting to be down the bottom for a while! Trying the Ghibli first as nobody else seems to have run it, currently on 2:01.564
15/15 = 93%
 1 user liked this post.
#239 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2019 8:39:36 AM(UTC)

This one might be better, very fast on the straights, 1.58.167 in the Infinity IPL G, tune shared.

Great run FOOT!

....fyi..... does not appear to be shared! Thought I let you know!

PRKid

Edited by user Thursday, November 28, 2019 8:43:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#240 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2019 9:17:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BurninAsphalt Go to Quoted Post
I’m calling dibs on the Jaguar XE S.....(sorry Pinstripes, you can have the other Jag).

I like Jags too and this one looks better to me...

I think we're going to show up to the dance wearing the same outfit, Asphalt. Tried the M6 (it's a wallowy pig regardless of what you do with it) and the California (the closest to square you can get the tires is something like 265 front/365.26 rear; didn't even drive it after I saw that). That leaves the Jags, and I absolutely agree with you; the XE-S is way better looking than that other thing. The XE-S may not the best-looking Jaguar ever, but the XFR-S looks like a Holden got it on with a Grand Marquis when both of them were really drunk. Doesn't deserve to wear a kitty at all.

If it'll make the fashion duplicity less awkward, mine's going to be Ridiculous Purple (because apparently both AMC and Jaguar know that people with discerning taste want their car to be something other than Apathetic Greige Metallic)...

This is gonna be a challenging and fun test. Set in the picturesque rolling hills of southwest Virginia. I painted mine in my Team Sithspeed sponsor’s livery and if I may say so it is rocking!🎸. And if I knew how (and was NOT technologically challenged); I’d post a pic or two for your perusal. Because you are right, the grey metallic doesn’t do it justice (AND we have impeccable taste)! Let’s have a BLAST out there!!!!!!! 😎

2 users liked this post.
#241 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2019 2:14:05 PM(UTC)
Ran hard and fast today.... final 2:05:779..... now for turkey dinner....
#242 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2019 4:28:39 AM(UTC)
Got a bit of seat time in the XE-S (surprised that gets past the forum language filter, given how stupidly aggressive it is...). Not a ton, but enough to get a feel for where it could use some improvements. Currently have the car on race rubber at a nearly-square 275F/285R (which doesn't seem to be causing any pervasive understeer, so I'm OK with it) running a five-speed dog box. Full race weight reduction and some power bits bring the car up to a nice and numerically pretty 410 horsepower, 2900 lbs, and A700 PI. Most of the time the initial setup is pretty solid, but the rear is stepping out at several points on the track (most notably the string of S-curves at Turns 7-10). Will have to get that under control before my lap times will improve significantly.

Current best: 2:02.196

Setup is uploaded as HLC07 VIR XE-S 1, but I forgot to save/share it before I made the run so it's not on the in-game leaderboard.
#243 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2019 7:07:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post

Great run FOOT!

PRKid

Thanks Kid, it's shared now.
BTW, anyone else having trouble getting this site to load on iOS devices? Won't work on my iPad or phone, have tried different browsers but nothing helps. My iOS 13.2.3.

#244 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2019 9:01:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post

Great run FOOT!

PRKid

BTW, anyone else having trouble getting this site to load on iOS devices? Won't work on my iPad or phone, have tried different browsers but nothing helps. My iOS 13.2.3.

Yes. It takes an age to load on my iphone, then another age to refresh it. I speculated with PRKid that MS have done something to spite Apple users :D

BTW, I don't know how you managed to get round in such a good time with 583hp. I'm having trouble keeping the rear end in check at 485hp.

Edited by user Friday, November 29, 2019 9:06:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#245 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2019 10:17:02 AM(UTC)
@Moss, I don't think it started on mine until the latest iOS update a few days ago, still works fine on my kids iMac desktop.
Regarding that 583 hp, it's peaky, the torgue isn't bad so accelerating out of turns is easy.
Plus I can't feel any advantage to race comp over sport comp tires, so better to blast down the straight with the extra hp.
 1 user liked this post.
#246 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 7:52:20 AM(UTC)
01:57.6 RS6 , tune shared if anyone has the time to try it! 👍👍
#247 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 8:27:32 AM(UTC)
Think I got the suspension setup fairly well sorted. It's still a little loose through the S-curves and coming out of the last corner, but it's at least manageable with careful positioning and throttle control. Pretty happy with the rest of the build, so all that's left is to work on my lines. VIR may be one of my favorites, but I have a disproportionately small amount of seat time relative to how much I like the track. Depending on how much screen time I get, I expect I'm capable of around 1:59.000 or so with the car in its current form.

Current best: 2:00.845

Edit to add: That time was set with HLC07 VIR XE-S 2, but version 3 is uploaded, as well, and has much less of a knife edge between perfectly in control and mowing the lawn.

And, for the obligatory pic:

I'm normally pretty condescending towards people with vanity plates, but I suspect if I owned a Jag of any variety I'd have a JAGULAR license plate on order right now.

Edited by user Saturday, November 30, 2019 8:30:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#248 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 1:08:40 PM(UTC)
Try as I might, I can't seem able to break the 2 minute barrier in the Maserati GT-S. Best so far is 2.00:572
Off to try something British (well Indian)
 1 user liked this post.
#249 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 5:09:43 PM(UTC)

burned enough nice laps at the Oak tree turn. ugh...

Managed a 1:57.848 in the Caddy ATS-V
#250 Posted : Sunday, December 1, 2019 6:01:20 PM(UTC)

👍

Originally Posted by: HLR Moss Go to Quoted Post

Yes. It takes an age to load on my iphone, then another age to refresh it. I speculated with PRKid that MS have done something to spite Apple users :D

I've had problems with them (especially my MacBookPro) for a couple of weeks, forgot the timing of latest iOS update. (MacOS Mojave 10.14.6)

PRKid

DJ Saoco
45 Pages<<89101112>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error