4 Pages123>>Next
 2 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 6:40:02 AM(UTC)
SPRING | SERIES 15

Starts November 14, 2019 at 6:30 a.m. Pacific
This is the fourth and closing season of Series 15.

Next change: November 21 at 6:30 a.m.

BARN FIND RUMOR:

#FORZATHON SHOP
  • 1000 FP Car: 1966 Ford #2 GT40 MK II Le Mans
  • 1000 FP Car: 1967 Ferrari #24 Ferrari Spa 330 P4
  • 250 FP Clothing: Blue Biker Hat
  • 250 FP Clothing: Blue Biker Boots
  • Wheelspins cost this season: 40 FP & 130 FP

FESTIVAL PLAYLIST REWARDS
  • 50% Spring Completion: Koenigsegg CCGT (newly released Exclusive model)
  • 80% Spring Completion: Porsche 917 LH (previously available Exclusive model)
  • 50% Series 15 Completion: 2017 Aston Martin Vanquish Zagato Coupe (previously available Exclusive model)
  • 80% Series 15 Completion: 2018 Porsche 718 Cayman GTS (previously available Exclusive model)

#FORZATHON

Earn 100 FP from the weekly challenge plus 10 per Daily, plus Bonus for all, double for owning the Lake Lodge.

Weekly Challenge:
[Must be done in sequence to count.
  • Own and drive the 2017 Nissan GT-R
  • Win a Road Racing Series event at the Goliath in the Nissan GT-R
  • Drift and lightly touch a wall to earn 3 Drift Tap Skill combos in the Nissan GT-R
  • Earn 3 Daredevil Skill combos in the Nissan GT-R

Daily Challenges:
Each challenge is open for 72 hours from 7:30am Pacific of the start day. See Skills list.
  • Earn 3 Drift or E-Drift Skills
  • Combine Drift and Near Miss Skills to earn 1 Lucky Escape Skill
  • Earn 2 Ultimate Speed Skills
  • Reach 150 mph in any car
  • Closely overtake while racing to earn 1 Awesome Pass Skill
  • Earn 3 Sideswipe Skills
  • Glance a wall with the rear of your car while drifting to earn 1 Drift Tap Skill

SEASONAL EVENTS

Championship Rewards include the named item for placing 1st against Highly Skilled Drivatars, plus additional CR rewards.

The Trial Co-Op Championship: "The Triple Threat" | Road Racing | (A800) Porsche 906 or Ferrari P4 or Ford GT40
  • Reward: 1966 Porsche 906 Carrera 6 (previously available Exclusive model)

Seasonal Playground Games: Mortimer Gardens | (A800) Offroad
  • Reward: 2018 JCW MINI Countryman ALL4 (previously available Exclusive model)

PR Stunt: Ambleside Edge Danger Sign | 1049.9 feet
  • Reward: Super Wheelspin

PR Stunt: Coombe Speed Trap | 206.0 mph

PR Stunt: Crescent Speed Zone | 106.0 mph

Championship: "Spring Community Championship" | Road Racing | (S1 900) Mustang vs. Camaro
  • Reward: 2018 Ford Mustang RTR Spec 5 (previously available Exclusive model)

Championship: "Muscle vs. Import" | Street Scene | (A800) Muscle vs. Tuner
  • Reward: 1967 Chevrolet Chevelle (previously available Exclusive model)

Championship: "Touring Masters" | Dirt Racing | (C600) BMW M3 '91 or Mercedes-Benz 190E
  • Reward: 1988 BMW M5 FE (previously available Exclusive model)

Monthly Events
  • Horizon Story: Upgrade Heroes (permanent event)
  • Monthly Rivals: 1939 Auto Union Type D
  • Monthly Rivals: 1939 Mercedes-Benz W154
  • Online Adventure

Completing the monthly events applies their completion percentage to all four seasons in the Festival Playlist, and are required for 100% in each season.

Edited by user Saturday, November 16, 2019 2:26:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

7 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 6:43:02 AM(UTC)
if anyone feels lazy and dont want drive full goliath circuit i made 30 second race named by ez forzathon that starts in goliath and completes goliath part of weekly forzathon.
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 6:57:13 AM(UTC)
Uh ... do they really want us to consume FP?
I guess they piggybacked on "Ford vs Ferrari" and decided on the theme of this week's trial and the Forzathon Shop lineup...
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 7:08:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
SPRING | SERIES 15

Starts November 21, 2019 at 6:30 a.m. Pacific
This is the fourth and closing season of Series 15.

Next change: November 28 at 6:30 a.m.

I think you meant November 14th and 21st..? :)

3 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 7:10:55 AM(UTC)
Quite happy with the sound of all that; looking forward to getting home and trying them out.

Only complaint; 1,000 each for the two Forzathon Shop cars is a bit on the steep side!
Try my new blueprint race; "The Edinburgh Twist" - 736 688 266 - it's twisty, fiendish fun!
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 7:12:42 AM(UTC)
The trial was easy in the rental and I enjoyed it.

https://imgur.com/a/WrWSgWc
 2 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 7:19:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
The trial was easy in the rental and I enjoyed it.

https://imgur.com/a/WrWSgWc

But did you do it upside down in the bin with the NES controller, my man? ;)
Try my new blueprint race; "The Edinburgh Twist" - 736 688 266 - it's twisty, fiendish fun!
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 7:21:59 AM(UTC)
Does anyone know (tested?) if the 2017 Nissan GT-R PO can be used in place of the 2017 Nissan GT-R?
Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... sometimes, we just snuggle.
#9 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 7:29:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DarkWolf907505 Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know (tested?) if the 2017 Nissan GT-R PO can be used in place of the 2017 Nissan GT-R?

Someone on Reddit said it doesn't work. :(
#10 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 7:45:25 AM(UTC)
I was very surprised to find out I had never used the 2017 version. It was still "stock" with no upgrades. The 2012 one is the one I use from time to time. Looking forward to using my 906 in the trial.
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track. 🏁🏁

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑

Hopefully FH5 will treat me better 😬😬
#11 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 8:52:16 AM(UTC)
Damn, the CCGT is a very nice car

cool sound, good handling, grip and traction, linear acceleration

awesome adittion, now waiting and dreaming by the CCXR Edition
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 9:07:54 AM(UTC)
Never done a drift tap before, took me ages before I realised that you have to use an unbreakable wall.
User is suspended until 8/5/2021 6:13:24 AM(UTC)
#13 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 10:18:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DarkWolf907505 Go to Quoted Post

I wouldn’t expect it too. If the little descriptions said “Nissan GT R PO” instead of just “Nissan GT R” then maybe.
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 10:19:17 AM(UTC)
It's always an amazing experience if you randomly come across a fellow forum member in the Trial. Greetings to dabre101.
The GT40 did a great job as RWD there. The option to run race brakes really makes the difference to AWD.

I also did some S2 road testing for the CCGT.

On my test track:
AWD V12 racing: 5:08.253
AWD stock engine, race weight reduction: 5:14.776

On Greendale Club to test the handling:
V12 R: 43.227
Stock: 43.547

Even with the lighter weight the stock build can't compete with the V12 racing on a handling track like Greendale. On tracks like my test it's even more unbalanced.
In short: as an S2 try road build the V12 is the only option.
#15 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 10:20:28 AM(UTC)
In the Series 15 update livestream they hinted at something big coming soon to spend our money on. I wonder if it was these two cars or if it's something else still to come. I only have about 1500 points right now and don't have that Ferrari for some reason. I'm going to hold off hoping something bigger and better is coming.
#16 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 10:52:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Bad Bad Mige Go to Quoted Post
In the Series 15 update livestream they hinted at something big coming soon to spend our money on. I wonder if it was these two cars or if it's something else still to come. I only have about 1500 points right now and don't have that Ferrari for some reason. I'm going to hold off hoping something bigger and better is coming.

It will be something else.... maybe Christmas Gifts or something.
#17 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:08:44 AM(UTC)
Trial and games first try. That is always nice. Did good on race one but was messed up by some idiot for the rest. Done is all that matters.

Edited by user Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:09:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#18 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:12:32 AM(UTC)
Shouldn’t be too much stress over this weeks trial. On the easy side and enjoyable tracks/cars. Main issue I had was that I assumed it was S1 (which I have all three cars tuned to) so had to use the rental. Still a fun drive though.

Had a second go using a PR Kid tuned GT40 and that was pretty dominant. I’d recommend that as a good option.
 2 users liked this post.
#19 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:37:08 AM(UTC)
Tips & Miscellany

The Trial

1. Lakehurst Forest Circuit
2. Princes Street Garden Circuit
3. The Colossus

Won this on first try, though yet again I was driving price car without realising it.

Porsce 906 Carrera turned out be way faster in every race than #24 Ferrari P4 and Drivatar cars. We had three Porsche and three Ferrari's. In all the races I finished second after really fast player also driving Porsche, on two out of three races. Porsches took triple win.

Recommended car: Porsche 906 Carrera. I know it's rare, but since it's low starting pi, it can be AWD swapped.

Forgot to share my tune before I reset it to stock, so no tune this time, but I may get back to this.

EDIT: Did Trial 9 more times. 4 times with Ford, 4 times with Ferrari and once more with Porsche with new tune. Porsche was still overwhelmingly good experience, thanks to AWD swap. Other cars turned out to be great too, no Trial lost in my 10 runs on this.

Tunes shared for all eligible cars.

Playground Games: We were 6 vs. 5 in first event, flag rush and during that entire blue team quit. Easy win.

PR Stunts: Bugatti Veyron SS X-class for all.

Championships completed on Unbeatable without traction control, etc using stock vehicles when possible.

Championship: Touring Masters.

Did this with Mercedes. Won easily on Whitehorse Hill Trail (lot's of tarmac) and Mortimer's Garden Scramble (some tarmac) but couldn't secure championship win on Ambleside Scramble with stock Mercedes. Tried BMW too, but noticed that Drivatars got faster. After numerous retries my best position was 7th and I was not able to repeat my fastest lap (9:49.xxx) so decided I don't have all night and did just AWD swap to Mercedes, went out for blood and won the last event too.

Recommended car: '90 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II

Championship: Muscle vs. Import

Took '92 Honda NSX on this. This is series of three Street Races, Edinburgh Stockbridge, North Coast Rush, the Monument Wynds and one Drag Race on the Juggernaut. Really enjoyed this one, since Honda NSX suspension isn't messed up by certain places on Monument Wynds.

Won all the events, was bit surprised how easy Juggernaut turned out to be.

Whatever car you choose, it might be good leave Monument Wynds last of Street Races, get bit familiar with the car before getting there.

On Stockbridge, getting fast exit from section which is the same as Johnston Terrace Speed Zone near Edinburgh Castle helps a lot. Flat out but bake a bit early before 90 degrees left. 2nd gear.

North Coast Rush. Early in the race keep your eyes open for traffic on either left or right lane. Go flat out but brake to low degree right as it tightens, 3rd gear on NSX for that, then flat out. After going trough fence, brake a bit late, stay on 3rd, take inside, feather gas. 2nd gear to the following left over very short dirt section. If Drivatars are jammed up there because of traffic or something else, take right, outside line to pass them. When approaching 90 degree left near Bamburgh castle, brake early.

Monument Wynds. At least Honda NSX can shortcut first turn over sidewalk without going completely haywire if you are carefull with throttle. Aim for being at least on 6th position right before Bridge. Cut over sidewalks for 90 right and left. You can win if you are in drafting distance of leading Drivatar when going through section where there are tramway tracks.

Juggernaut is easy if you keep drafting and have right racing line to go through small curve on route without braking, as Drivatars always slow down a lot there.

Recommended car: '92 Honda NSX

Community Championship
1. The History of Ponycar by Freshgalnet
2. Muscling in on Edinburgh by Swooshiain
3. In for a Pony in for a Pound by Kowal 3D

Took Mustang DD on this. Won all the events on first try though it looked bad at couple of places on Muscling in on Edinburgh and In for a Pony... My saving grace was rubber band and that Drivatars weren't really good on some technical sections.

I liked this one quite a bit, everything worked on Unbeatable and routes could shine. I will probably get back to these, but I really liked that first race is easiest one, giving opportunity to get used to car and then routes get more technical, most technical being In for a Pony in for a Pound.

Recommended Car: Mustang DD

Weekly#Forzathon

EDIT: Saw this asked. I tried using Nissan PO but it doesn't register for this.

Did Goliath with stock Nissan and it was quite breeze, did some mistakes but still won easily with time 10:35.592.

Soon after start there's sidewalk on left that can be used as shortcut and easy to pass one or two Drivatars. Section after brige is good too if you can maintain speed there. After driving a while mountain side on the left route starts sharing same section as Mortimer's Pass Street Race, there are many good passing opportunities here if you line your car inside curve, over flags.

Near the end of section that is the same as Glen Finnan Chase Street Race, there is steep curve to right before bridge, low degree curve going uphill can be taken with braking line red, same goes for following, turning to left and it's easy to take a lead here if you can keep your momentum. Rest is pretty straigth forward. Remember to enjoy redlining the sixth after you have passed Bamburgh Castle.

For the rest of it, keep sensible speed and it should be easy.

Did Drift Tap Skills on Horizon Festival area but felt it was perhaps too tight in there. It can be done there but perhaps there are other area that makes it easier.

Dare Devil skills -> motorway

Edited by user Friday, November 15, 2019 10:39:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 8/5/2021 6:13:24 AM(UTC)
#20 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:41:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Bad Bad Mige Go to Quoted Post

If “something big” meant that the Ford and Ferrari will be in Forzathon shop at 1000fp a pop then I’ll be done playing this game.

That does bring to curiosity tho, with Ford v Ferrari coming out in a few days, I wonder if there’s some sort of partnership deal going on. Forza and Ford have a great, actually fruitful(unlike the Lamborghini partnership) partnership.

But like I said, I’ll wait for confirmation IF that was the something big they’re hyping up.
#21 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 1:24:17 PM(UTC)
sweet another season of broken... after lego update. yes i sent bug reports. zero contact back.
#22 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 1:38:04 PM(UTC)
MarcAkAwHiTe's GT40 "A Road Grip" tune was good enough for me to dog-walk the field (even against probably the 2nd-best overall team I've ever had) in the first two races of the Trial, and end up 2nd in a photo finish after a catastrophic error in the last stretch before the dam crossing on the Colossus.
#23 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 2:37:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post

Recommended car: Porsche 906 Carrera. I know it's rare, but since it's low starting pi, it can be AWD swapped.

Porsche is pretty good but imo Ford is best choise because it's fastest overall but after all it's mostly personal prefence what to use

Ford, fastest overall (my only problem with this one is that i need to press brake trigger more than I'm used to)

Porsche, bit slower than Ford but easiest one to drive.

Ferrari, bit slower than other two and only that cant awd swap but can beat AI still easily and it's fun to drive.

While i was doing trial second time some mysterious force make this happend https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb29h6EBQwY
 1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 2:43:02 PM(UTC)
The Ford #2 GT40 MK II I apparently already had, but I didn't have the 24 Ferrari. And it's a 10 million CR autoshow car, so I'll take that, Thank you.

I had to do the Goliath twice. Came in second the first time. I would like to be where I was some months ago; able to beat Expert level AI more often than not. I would also like to not have my controller permanently embedded in the wall. These two goals are mutually exclusive.
#25 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 3:04:49 PM(UTC)
Have struggled with the Trial so far because every time I've been in it, most of my team have quit after the first race (I actually came in best of the human players in the first race twice, but only made it to third - which is still my best ever finish in a Trial, right enough!).

Not sure if there's something been a bit glitchy, or if people are just assuming the 2nd/3rd races are unwinnable if we don't win the first?

Get the feeling I just need to be lucky with one good team and we'll nail it. I also wish I hadn't gone for the Ferrari, as struggling with the RWD control (I tend to play AWD wherever possible) so saving up FP to get the Ford and will try that on AWD if it's possible.

Thought the races on the Mustang v Pony championship were fiendish as hell. Shamefully admit to having to use lots of rewind when (due to my colour blind ***. struggling to see the racing line at points) I just went flying past various 90 degree checkpoint turns without even noticing them ! 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by user Thursday, November 14, 2019 3:06:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error