This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#26 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 3:40:36 PM(UTC)
Quote:

Yeah Turn 10 won't do anything now, the game is two years old and to be fair it's clearly the drivers that are causing the issue because Forza Horizon 4 is having similar problems. Honestly I'm quite happy to play on console for the time being and I'm pretty sure Nvidia can fix it, it's just a case of being patient.

It is the driver, but you would be remiss to focus too much on the driver. The driver is part of a program which does not work right *specifically with the driver(s). 15 drivers released this year and 2 of them work almost correctly, you have documented this well, that is for me the software. Not looking closely at the driver in my troubleshooting has revealed a great deal of problems with this software.

In most simple terms, consider, all other games work fine with the other drivers. OP said this, you said this, I agree, my PC is fine with all other software except FM7.

We share the same sentiment in hope for something from nVidia, I think people got a raw deal here and deserve a working game. I refused to wait any longer some time ago and got this 250gb build working the way the game is expected to.

(Edit: REVISED I have done the same Monza short track as you did in your 431.60 video. I have used 431.60 which is seen at the end of the video. Same high quality video as your video, focus on the blue sign corner 1 as we did before on your video and see how smooth it is. Notice much of the track is smooth. If you watch with an eagles eye, you see in the 9 laps its 95% -not perfect. With driver 419.67 on the 250gb build I can say it is close to 100%. I can't capture with 419.67 as it does not have the in game capture feature.) Link to follow later today.

Update I just viewed the video for the first time and it does not look like this on the screen in game. I am using GeForce experience to record. If I were to tap the HDMI cable with a hardware recorder my comments above would be valid. Description above from in game experience, recorded video is a bit off, not quite as described above. I think the recording is sourced from the card and not the actual port output. Let me look into this and will update this evening.

* Update * I have used OBS recorder & now tried Dr. Capture. Running this recorder (screen only no audio) 4.4mb little program which uses little resources messed up my game, it had some small stutters and I immediately exited and removed this software. Game is back to 100%. I am NOT going to have this game go wrong and end up re-installing Windows and putting FM7 back on -Putting this 250gb build together was a once off. Once again, this software is rubbish… FM7 is built rubbish… a 4.4mb screen capture software installed that throws this game off? What software do you have installed which could potentially mess your game up? A lot you know of & a lot you don’t.

There won’t be any more videos or updates from me, everything has been said in this thread..

Edited by user Thursday, November 14, 2019 5:32:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#27 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 1:00:59 AM(UTC)
hi guys

interesting discussion ;)
do u have monitored your gpu ?
like I said in previous page :
at the beginnig of the race ,my gpu is used at 100% (I play in 1440p@165hz screen) , no problem at all , the game is pefectly smooth during the first lap , But after a while , for unknown reason , the gpu is used at 50-60% only , and I notice stuttering and not smooth game :(
that explains the stuttering and the game not smooth (but that doesn't explain WHY the gpu is only used at 50-60% after a while :/ )
 1 user liked this post.
#28 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 4:45:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: StarfoxManiac Go to Quoted Post
hi guys

interesting discussion ;)
do u have monitored your gpu ?
like I said in previous page :
at the beginnig of the race ,my gpu is used at 100% (I play in 1440p@165hz screen) , no problem at all , the game is pefectly smooth during the first lap , But after a while , for unknown reason , the gpu is used at 50-60% only , and I notice stuttering and not smooth game :(
that explains the stuttering and the game not smooth (but that doesn't explain WHY the gpu is only used at 50-60% after a while :/ )

StarfoxManiac : Your graphics card load during game play is working correctly, Ax4X Nelly & I both have RTX cards working the same. His videos, the load is seen 38-41% range, mine 50-55% range.

In this thread -We identified, described, tested & have referenced the results with videos.

We can’t go much further troubleshooting this. *Symptoms suggest drivers as the problem, however, the performance problem is exacerbated by and principally the fault of the software. After reading this thread & *understanding it --> https://forums.forzamoto...tering--unplayable.aspx - (Edit, this line needs to be clarified) You would be correct to state the drivers have nothing to do with the performance problems of this game -they do affect how bad/good the symptoms are.

* Final update 2 posts above *

Edited by user Thursday, November 14, 2019 8:56:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#29 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 2:48:38 PM(UTC)
hi Nickingb

thank u very much for this explanation : I believe it was abnormal to have only 50% after a while.
so now , I really hope NVidia will fix it soon.
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error