This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
6 Pages<<456Prev
#126 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2020 9:00:19 PM(UTC)
^^ I really, really want them to take this approach for FM8, otherwise I'm out. Neither FM6 or 7 approached the quality of FM5.

I don't want to play a car collecting game, but one where every car sounds and feels unique to drive - and as closely modelled after the real thing. If they muck this up again, then even a NASA-powered computer won't be enough to get the physics, car behaviour and especially sounds right!

BTW, what racing games are you playing Evan? What's your gamertag?
#127 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2020 7:03:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: opencamswrx Go to Quoted Post
^^ I really, really want them to take this approach for FM8, otherwise I'm out. Neither FM6 or 7 approached the quality of FM5.

I don't want to play a car collecting game, but one where every car sounds and feels unique to drive - and as closely modelled after the real thing. If they muck this up again, then even a NASA-powered computer won't be enough to get the physics, car behaviour and especially sounds right!

How did 6 or 7 lack quality compared to 5? They are almost literally ports with added content and then some features added/removed and a face lift on the menus and options.

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
#128 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2020 10:24:23 AM(UTC)

Still playing FM7 a lot. Mainly playing ACC on my laptop (waiting to get it on my Xbox). Few other titles here and there. GT is the same as my forum name.
#129 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2020 1:41:58 PM(UTC)
As far as the current car list goes, it's probably the best list in a Forza Motorsport based on car selection alone (especially with the open-wheelers we didn't get during the 360 Generation). However, several fan-favorites from the 360 are still missing nine years later. For example, I'd love to have the city cars back from FM4. We're also missing many LMPs. That's problem number one.

Problem number two is that we have plenty of variety, but it's just unbalanced.I feel like there will be 25 of a certain type of car that fits into one category but then there's only 3 of another type (like purpose-built race cars). I think that the car list can use some cleaning up in that respect to make it more interesting. This extends to manufacturers as well. Porsche and Ford are major offenders of this. I counted the number of Fords in Horizon 4 the other day and it's somewhere in the 50s, not including Forza Edition cars. I have nothing against Ford or Porsche but I feel like there are many cars from other manufacturers that need to be getting some love as well, although I admit that the Supervan 3 was a more than welcome addition.

Manufacturers like Volvo, Volkswagen, Lotus, Mercedes-Benz, Audi, etc. need to be updated with some fresh metal. Horizon 4 has given us some updates to the roster of manufacturers like Renault (I'm pretty sure the last Renault road car added before Horizon 4 was the Clio in Horizon 2!!) and I'm grateful for that. However, other manufacturers need it too if licensing allows.

I'd say the sweet spot for Forza's roster should be somewhere in the 500s. While I definitely wouldn't mind a 1200-strong car list or something insane like that, it has been proven that the attention to detail to the car models, sounds, and physics just cannot be up to par with numbers that high. Like the developers are doing with the rest of the game, the car list should be "re-branded" in a sense. Forza is known for its extensive car list and I don't want to lose that. I just think cutting off the fat and refining it is the way to go instead of dropping it back down to 200 cars like Forza Motorsport 5 did.

Edited by user Monday, April 13, 2020 2:09:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: clarity

#130 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2020 8:25:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: YoungRhombus Go to Quoted Post
As far as the current car list goes, it's probably the best list in a Forza Motorsport based on car selection alone (especially with the open-wheelers we didn't get during the 360 Generation). However, several fan-favorites from the 360 are still missing nine years later. For example, I'd love to have the city cars back from FM4. We're also missing many LMPs. That's problem number one.

Problem number two is that we have plenty of variety, but it's just unbalanced.I feel like there will be 25 of a certain type of car that fits into one category but then there's only 3 of another type (like purpose-built race cars). I think that the car list can use some cleaning up in that respect to make it more interesting. This extends to manufacturers as well. Porsche and Ford are major offenders of this. I counted the number of Fords in Horizon 4 the other day and it's somewhere in the 50s, not including Forza Edition cars. I have nothing against Ford or Porsche but I feel like there are many cars from other manufacturers that need to be getting some love as well, although I admit that the Supervan 3 was a more than welcome addition.

Manufacturers like Volvo, Volkswagen, Lotus, Mercedes-Benz, Audi, etc. need to be updated with some fresh metal. Horizon 4 has given us some updates to the roster of manufacturers like Renault (I'm pretty sure the last Renault road car added before Horizon 4 was the Clio in Horizon 2!!) and I'm grateful for that. However, other manufacturers need it too if licensing allows.

I'd say the sweet spot for Forza's roster should be somewhere in the 500s. While I definitely wouldn't mind a 1200-strong car list or something insane like that, it has been proven that the attention to detail to the car models, sounds, and physics just cannot be up to par with numbers that high. Like the developers are doing with the rest of the game, the car list should be "re-branded" in a sense. Forza is known for its extensive car list and I don't want to lose that. I just think cutting off the fat and refining it is the way to go instead of dropping it back down to 200 cars like Forza Motorsport 5 did.

**I just think cutting off the fat and refining it is the way to go instead of dropping it back down to 200 cars like Forza Motorsport 5 did.**

I feel that dropping down the cars to around 200 or so is exactly what they should do and just focus on quality - physics, sound, core on-track experience - deserve far more attention than aiming for an unrealistic car count and other silly features like 'creative driver gear' mods and such.

Edited by user Saturday, April 18, 2020 8:27:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#131 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2020 11:04:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: YoungRhombus Go to Quoted Post

**I just think cutting off the fat and refining it is the way to go instead of dropping it back down to 200 cars like Forza Motorsport 5 did.**

I feel that dropping down the cars to around 200 or so is exactly what they should do and just focus on quality - physics, sound, core on-track experience - deserve far more attention than aiming for an unrealistic car count and other silly features like 'creative driver gear' mods and such.

Except that will never happen, i expect 500-600 cars at launch with more driver gear, T10 isnt gonna cut down on the thing they market on
#132 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2020 5:39:19 AM(UTC)
If the guys at T10 insist on leaving buggies/rally cars/trophy trucks and so on in the game, then maybe some WRC/offroad/rally style circuits should be inserted into the game. At the moment; I don't see the point in putting cars such as the Audi quattro rally car or Dodge Ram Runner on a game that focuses primarily on tarmac circuit racing. What would you guys think to that? Obviously, an offroad setup such as suspension and tyres would need to be implemented.
#133 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2020 12:53:11 PM(UTC)
Reduce the total number of cars to 200 maximum.

Racing cars only. Keep the road cars in Horizon.

No rally cars unless Motorsport 8 gets actual dirt tracks to drive them on.

Private online lobbies so we can race without ramming kiddies and trolls.

A proper penalty system to promote clean racing.
#134 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2020 10:33:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RavingWolfy Go to Quoted Post
Reduce the total number of cars to 200 maximum.

Racing cars only. Keep the road cars in Horizon.

No rally cars unless Motorsport 8 gets actual dirt tracks to drive them on.

Private online lobbies so we can race without ramming kiddies and trolls.

A proper penalty system to promote clean racing.

Lol no, this is forza and not some millionth car simulator, keep the production cars
#135 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2020 2:33:05 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - all posts must be in English; please translate your text before posting - MM]

Edited by user Thursday, May 14, 2020 11:13:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#136 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2020 10:45:17 PM(UTC)
Turn 10, please focus on a relatively low amount of cars to begin with and gradually add them via free and/or paid DLC. This will accomplish a few things:

* accurate modelling for all cars
* proper car sounds
* handling and performance characteristics that do justice
* and a lot more!

But please have at least 25 tracks or so from the outset. No nonsense like driver gear that people would never wear on a racetrack or cars that don't belong on a track. Let's get serious and make this a game about celebrating motorsport again and not silly gimmicks like costumes and wobbly car parts!
#137 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2020 1:54:19 PM(UTC)
I'll be honest, The reason I was attracted to Forza and Gran Turismo in the first place, was because the cars were REAL WORLD attainable.

In Gran Turismo, you could buy car from the USED car dealerships, and they were different cars than what you could get at the NEW dealerships. Pretty neat concept that decayed.

Forza had Open tracks, with point to point races, that ALSO eventually disappeared from the games. We kept asking for them back, but we never got them back.

The part that stuck with me, was that the majority of the cars, I could drive in the game, and if I really wanted to, I could stop at a dealership on my way home, and at least test drive it in reality. There was Tangibility.

The addition of NASCAR was a neat concept, but I never liked it. I felt like it was too much of a showcase on a type of car that I had no interest in. F1 & Indy cars were a neat thing to see show up as a bonus, but put too much emphasis on people moving away from regular motorsports.

I'm all for Turn10 getting a dedicated NASCAR game rolling, or a Dedicated F1 game, but including them in a street car game, seems like too much of a diversion.

I personally, would prefer a game where GT cars (cars that require homologation) are the only RACE BUILT cars, anything outside that, is really too diverse, and ultimately needs a game of it's own.

Focusing on REAL WORLD street cars, is the meat and potatoes of what Forza is, and giving a roster of cars, where 40% of them, are not a car you can drive on the street, seems counter-productive.

I LOVE the Forza Franchise, and while I feel that the Horizon series took a gamble on the HOT WHEELS DLC, I think it works because they didn't really change the cars into something that you couldn't buy. In fact, it added cars that most people probably own. On the Flip Side, Horizon 4 added LEGO... which in concept seemed like a great expansion, but in reality, it wasn't tangible.

What people want, is cars that they can see outside... maybe their neighbor has one, or they see them at classic car dealerships. I want to drive my dream cars again... I want to feel that connection with owning a car in a game again... When you give people racecars, that all look the same, and all drive similarly, there is no connection to ownership of the car, just to the tune... and maybe the paint scheme.

That's not very Forza to me.
#138 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2020 5:28:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wonderpill Go to Quoted Post
I'll be honest, The reason I was attracted to Forza and Gran Turismo in the first place, was because the cars were REAL WORLD attainable.

In Gran Turismo, you could buy car from the USED car dealerships, and they were different cars than what you could get at the NEW dealerships. Pretty neat concept that decayed.

Forza had Open tracks, with point to point races, that ALSO eventually disappeared from the games. We kept asking for them back, but we never got them back.

The part that stuck with me, was that the majority of the cars, I could drive in the game, and if I really wanted to, I could stop at a dealership on my way home, and at least test drive it in reality. There was Tangibility.

The addition of NASCAR was a neat concept, but I never liked it. I felt like it was too much of a showcase on a type of car that I had no interest in. F1 & Indy cars were a neat thing to see show up as a bonus, but put too much emphasis on people moving away from regular motorsports.

I'm all for Turn10 getting a dedicated NASCAR game rolling, or a Dedicated F1 game, but including them in a street car game, seems like too much of a diversion.

I personally, would prefer a game where GT cars (cars that require homologation) are the only RACE BUILT cars, anything outside that, is really too diverse, and ultimately needs a game of it's own.

Focusing on REAL WORLD street cars, is the meat and potatoes of what Forza is, and giving a roster of cars, where 40% of them, are not a car you can drive on the street, seems counter-productive.

I LOVE the Forza Franchise, and while I feel that the Horizon series took a gamble on the HOT WHEELS DLC, I think it works because they didn't really change the cars into something that you couldn't buy. In fact, it added cars that most people probably own. On the Flip Side, Horizon 4 added LEGO... which in concept seemed like a great expansion, but in reality, it wasn't tangible.

What people want, is cars that they can see outside... maybe their neighbor has one, or they see them at classic car dealerships. I want to drive my dream cars again... I want to feel that connection with owning a car in a game again... When you give people racecars, that all look the same, and all drive similarly, there is no connection to ownership of the car, just to the tune... and maybe the paint scheme.

That's not very Forza to me.

I agree with some of what you are saying. Many people love that they can buy the car they own in rl. I completely disagree with not having race cars in Motorsport. I am quite the opposite of you and think that Motorsport should have much less general cars and much more race cars. To take the RL motorsport out of motorsport is just silly. However I would be perfectly fine with less/no race cars in horizon and only street and supercars.

In regards to your comment about not wanting to drive a bunch of race cars that drive the same, while this may be true to forza, but if they were to model the cars more and have a more data driven system this just wouldnt be true. Go play another game/sim with a bunch of race cars in it, even in the same class the cars drive very different. For example in iracing for gt3 they have the audi r8 gt3, merc amg gt3, ferrari 488 gt3, mclaren mp4-12c gt3, bmw z4 gt3. All of which drive completely different and have different strengths and weaknesses but it makes for good racing. Ferrari slighlty quicker in a straight line, audi quicker in the corners but also hard to drive, merc all around competitive and fairly easy to drive, bmw slowest on a straight corners comperable to audi and not quite as difficult to tune or drive because its Front engine rear drive and its also the best on fuel. Mclaren is harder to drive than audi but is quicker in a straight line and even harder to drive/tune. These are the sort of details that should be put into cars. If the cars were balanced but distinguishably different this would be very good for the motorsport series. Personally I dont care about seeing honda civics, and vw golfs, etc in a racing game especially when the pi system is so terribly unbalanced to begin with.

I dont agree with others about completely slashing the car list because thats something that people like to see XXX amount of cars. I think its too late for fm8 to ever accomplish, but basically more race cars not less, and rework all cars to be more accurate, and rework pi system so it actually creates a proper bop. All of this is in regards to the motorsports series not horizon. I dont care what happens in the horizon series. To me thats just an elaborate Need for Speed and should be completely for fun. put all the funky cars you would like to drive open road no rules, whatever.

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
#139 Posted : Monday, May 25, 2020 9:14:08 AM(UTC)
Career mode has gone backwards since Forza 4 and needs either a revamp or a return to 4's or 3's format, I've only played FM6 this gen but the exploring different cars thing that game's career is based on just seemed an excuse for them to be lazy and put a paltry number of races in, some variations of the tracks never got used once while Sebring showed up in what felt like every single series.

I'd also like to see Fujimi Kaido, the snake tracks from 2 + Amalfi/Positano brought back, I'd say more created tracks but they seem to have forgot how to make a decent one.

Just more tracks on the whole really, it's actually kind of sad seeing a much smaller company like SMS pack so many different tracks into Project CARS 2 while FM has added very few in comparison despite 3 iterations this gen and being a flagship franchise for the Xbox.
#140 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2020 10:32:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheGillesMuller Go to Quoted Post
Career mode has gone backwards since Forza 4 and needs either a revamp or a return to 4's or 3's format, I've only played FM6 this gen but the exploring different cars thing that game's career is based on just seemed an excuse for them to be lazy and put a paltry number of races in, some variations of the tracks never got used once while Sebring showed up in what felt like every single series.

I'd also like to see Fujimi Kaido, the snake tracks from 2 + Amalfi/Positano brought back, I'd say more created tracks but they seem to have forgot how to make a decent one.

Just more tracks on the whole really, it's actually kind of sad seeing a much smaller company like SMS pack so many different tracks into Project CARS 2 while FM has added very few in comparison despite 3 iterations this gen and being a flagship franchise for the Xbox.

FM8 wiont have a career mode but rather a cinematic story, some head cinematics director that worked on max payne, GTA 5, RDR2 and ACs joined T10 in early 2018 and left this may signing his work is done
#141 Posted : Saturday, May 30, 2020 12:01:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WillMcNoob Go to Quoted Post

FM8 wiont have a career mode but rather a cinematic story, some head cinematics director that worked on max payne, GTA 5, RDR2 and ACs joined T10 in early 2018 and left this may signing his work is done

Oh boy, so the career could possibly be another low effort, repetitive chore hiding behind the same 'Stories of Motorsport' type mask 6's did then.

I mean it's great for casuals who will only do it once then leave it, like I loved my 1st run through in 6, was looking forward to going through again in the different divisions + seeing what races each had been given but then when it dawned on me that all 6 divisions in each series have the exact same races I think that is the most disappointed I have ever been in a Motorsport game, I had to purposefully leave my favourite car types until the 6th run through so I could just about stomach it through to 100% completion.
#142 Posted : Saturday, May 30, 2020 9:57:12 PM(UTC)

Oh boy, so the career could possibly be another low effort, repetitive chore hiding behind the same 'Stories of Motorsport' type mask 6's did then.

I mean it's great for casuals who will only do it once then leave it, like I loved my 1st run through in 6, was looking forward to going through again in the different divisions + seeing what races each had been given but then when it dawned on me that all 6 divisions in each series have the exact same races I think that is the most disappointed I have ever been in a Motorsport game, I had to purposefully leave my favourite car types until the 6th run through so I could just about stomach it through to 100% completion.

No its a actual cinematic story, not FM6 type. This is waaayy bigger, i doubt a traditional career mode will be present at all. This is all what i got from linkedin, T10 is 3x bigger than what it used to be in FM6/7 development.
#143 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 4:55:55 AM(UTC)

No its a actual cinematic story, not FM6 type. This is waaayy bigger, i doubt a traditional career mode will be present at all. This is all what i got from linkedin, T10 is 3x bigger than what it used to be in FM6/7 development.

I hope so but I'll have my reservations until the game releases, I meant by saying it could be similar to 6's in the sense that there'll be a lot of nice presentation and all that fluff but without much depth to it, a cinematic story sounds the type of thing that could very easily have most of the effort put into it to advertise as the game's main selling point while it's actual racing content will be neglected yet again.

3's career was as much story as a FM needs, starting out in a small car doing small events on the shortest tracks inbetween the entry level world championship then moving up through the classes + length of races to win the R1 world championship.

Nothing spectacular but it doesn't need to be in a FM game, the progression of the game used to make enough of a story for a racing game.

I like the idea of the cinematic story in a way but in another it sounds like it could so easily be another step in FM7 + FH4's direction of trying to appeal to a more casual audience while ignoring the long-time ones.
#144 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 11:50:49 AM(UTC)

I hope so but I'll have my reservations until the game releases, I meant by saying it could be similar to 6's in the sense that there'll be a lot of nice presentation and all that fluff but without much depth to it, a cinematic story sounds the type of thing that could very easily have most of the effort put into it to advertise as the game's main selling point while it's actual racing content will be neglected yet again.

3's career was as much story as a FM needs, starting out in a small car doing small events on the shortest tracks inbetween the entry level world championship then moving up through the classes + length of races to win the R1 world championship.

Nothing spectacular but it doesn't need to be in a FM game, the progression of the game used to make enough of a story for a racing game.

I like the idea of the cinematic story in a way but in another it sounds like it could so easily be another step in FM7 + FH4's direction of trying to appeal to a more casual audience while ignoring the long-time ones.

youre completely missing my point...whatever
#145 Posted : Monday, June 1, 2020 5:25:03 AM(UTC)

You're trying to tell me it will be different and bigger and I'm telling you that doesn't guarantee a good amount of racing will be implemented within it and that it isn't what a Motorsport game needs.
#146 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2020 4:01:43 AM(UTC)

You're trying to tell me it will be different and bigger and I'm telling you that doesn't guarantee a good amount of racing will be implemented within it and that it isn't what a Motorsport game needs.

yall are taking the name too seriously, i want it to stay simcade, you have bunch of other sims out there, go away to those if you dont like it
 1 user liked this post.
#147 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2020 6:03:17 AM(UTC)
Overall leaderboards similar in structure to FM4.

Local leaderboards to more easily track which cars you own are the fastest for a particular track.

Leaderboards for race completion for career events similar to FM2; however, leaderboards would be restricted to career event class settings and time penalties for contact and corner cutting. Maybe even time penalties for using lesser skilled drivatars.

Stat tracking for single and multiplayer (wins, podiums, top 10s, dnfs, etc.) and a quick snapshot of players data similar to 360 era forzas. If I recall those could only be seen if in rank playlists and only included multiplayer stats.
 1 user liked this post.
#148 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2020 12:20:50 PM(UTC)
Ive been playing the forza series sense FM2 and bought day one all but FM5 which I have. ive also bought every DLC for the games sense FM2 so I notice the different things that I would have kept from each game and the different changes.

1. physics: they have already announced major improvements for this new title, dynamic rubbering, how air effects downforce, tire pressure, air density effecting HP which are huge leaps forward. But I have sense the visual damage take a nose dive especially sense FM2 and 3. Parts like bumpers, mirrors, wings, and glass chattering should all be a given and you should loose all the control and downforce once you loose that wing especially GT3 cars and anything that requires high downforce. Especially with what you hit (guard rail, concrete wall, moveable tire barriers Etc.). I believe there should be different tire compounds like we saw in FM2 wear tire life and grip very from tire compound and tire manufacture (Pirelli, Goodyear, Falcon tire)

2. Tracks: There has been confirmation as well with T10 having a calibration with IMSA so im for sure expecting all the tracks and cars from at least the Weather Tech Series. So that should have a major upgrade in tracks added and some added up to date endurance cars.

3. vehicles: im really wanting way more older school race cars from 20's early indy car/lemans to 80-90s turbo power beasts of the IMSA GTO classes, theres also a huge number of production cars I could list off that would fill the classes of D-A. I don't mind the trucks and suvs im, actually surprised they don't have diesel trucks yet lol but make sure to keep them in a separate lobby not allowing them in public class hoppers I say the more diversity the better

4. car sounds: there a huge drop in quality from fm4 to the fm5-fh4 especially from the big block V8s, the sounds from adding a supercharger and turbo and some of the V6s and most if not all the GT cars sound the same which is ridicules so that definitely needs fixing

5. Private public Lobbies: IDK why these disappeared at all after FM4 because they were so important when you wanted to find a lobby with ppl you know are a great group to run with or make league races with this also cleaned up the racing because we kicked ppl who were causing the problems we see on a daily with the current forza

6. Career: should just be an inhanced version of FM3 in my opinion with the choices of making the races longer, added weather effects

7. Racing: Flags are a big part of any motorsport and this should be a no brainer as to make the racing more realistic and can bring strategy back into the fold

8. DLC: this is anyone's real opinion really because like is said before theres hundreds of cars you could add so I don't see a reason for the number to ever go down just increase (GT4-GT6 example) but there should be like directive like Generations 70's, 80's, 90's, class of racing like older F1 and nascar series top 3 tiers, and or Trans Am. and there should be tracks to go with those like older variants of current layouts like LeMans, Spa, Monza, and many more to give the sense of speed and danger for the slightest errors.

9. Upgrades. I feel like if you cant fit the engine into the engine bay in real life there shouldn't be a swap period. weight reduction kits should show the lose of removing the extra seats and making of lighter components like fiberglass windshields, and theres a body kit for almost every vehicle out there hell look at Rocket Bunny Kits also if the car doesn't have a supercharger it shouldn't be allowed to have a blower on it as a hood upgrade JS. all in all more aero packages should be available as well as exhaust tips.

10. Clubs: The fact that these went away along with the shared garage is crazy because of how car meets and cars in general have always been part of car culture these definitely need to return.

Im sure I missed a few things but I wanted to narrow it down to 10

Edited by user Thursday, June 4, 2020 12:32:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#149 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2020 1:04:42 AM(UTC)
What I would really like to see is factory graphics that can be color changed. Also on some cars you tint the windows and the factory graphics disappear. Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I've posted elsewhere and out still isn't applied
#150 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2020 2:45:23 AM(UTC)

yall are taking the name too seriously, i want it to stay simcade, you have bunch of other sims out there, go away to those if you dont like it

I think many of us on the forum feel that Forza having many other things going for it should finally add the missing ingredient: real-life simulation. It's too gimmicky and starting to feel like a Horizon game. It should be purely about the driving and motorsport aspect. Rather than collecting cars and obsessing over them.
6 Pages<<456Prev

Notification

Icon
Error