This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
6 Pages<<23456PrevNext
#76 Posted : Monday, September 16, 2019 7:29:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BBTD MitchyK7 Go to Quoted Post
I hear ya! I for one really enjoy Mudrunner which is a niche title. But a very well done niche title.
And Wreckfest.

Mudrunner is a great game, can't wait for Snowrunner next year. Also recently picked up Wreckfest, a C164 Rammer RS with fully upgraded armor is a blast against the AI. Just full on Forza Multiplayer turn 1 of every race and watch the AI go flying, then after that you can brake check them on a long straight and and the entire front end of their car explodes with a small scratch on the rear push bar of your car. I would never drive that way in Forza but it is fun to do. Also going to pick up the new GRID next month, I only played the original but it was a fun game.

Edited by user Monday, September 16, 2019 7:31:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#77 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2019 12:57:22 AM(UTC)
Not too many posts in here. This is the problem with modern gaming! People won't tell the dev's what could be done beforehand, but complain like merry hell when a game comes out and doesn't fit their vision of what it should have been.
Complaints about bugs are expected as they should be fixed, but complaining that this feature or that feature isn't in the game EXACTLY as YOU thought it should be are getting real old.
Well i gave you this thread to air your proposals for the devs to consider. I thank you who offered your opinions and hopefully they'll take some of it onboard.
Everyone else can just wait for the game to come out and complain as usual!
User is suspended until 2/25/2047 10:09:38 AM(UTC)
#78 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2019 6:07:37 PM(UTC)
I made this topic for requesting features for the next game.

I have a great way to reimagine the way we get tunes off of the current Forza Motorsport 7 game. The way that your getting tunes now is completely backwards, the concept is good in all but it could be better. Keep the downloading part of a tune free, using your credits for installing the tune to the car and when someone uses the tune, the uploader still gets there credits from how many races someone using the tune. All three of those aspects are the core part for tunes. Now ideas for this is pretty good. This would be starting from scratch.

The feature is called Tune Shop - The one place were you can search for any tune in the entire game, without having the car.

Tune Shop will show what car classes and type of cars you use the most base on your taste of cars are recommend to you.

Tune searching format - Have a way to narrow down the search from the options you pick
Track - drop down box
Track Layout - drop down box
Feature Tune - drop down box Yes or No
Forza Edition - drop down box Yes or No
Max PI - drop down box Yes or No
Car Type - Production, Pre-tuned, Race Car - drop down box
Car Class - drop down box Yes or No
Country - drop down box
Drive Type - Front Wheel Drive, Rear Wheel Drive, All Wheel Drive - drop down box
Year - drop down box
Car Class - drop down box
Brand - drop down box
Model - drop down box

Advanced Option - drop down box Yes or No - If yes add options
Get more detailed on how you look for a tune.
Car Stats
Horsepower - type in - Example 400
Torque - type in - Example 263
Speed - type in - Example 6.0
Handling - type in - Example 4.9
Acceleration - type in - Example 8.0
Breaking - type in - Example 5.2

I hope this redesign works for tunes
*Mod Edit - Inappropriate sig removed - D*
#79 Posted : Saturday, October 5, 2019 1:50:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BBTD MitchyK7 Go to Quoted Post
Not too many posts in here. This is the problem with modern gaming! People won't tell the dev's what could be done beforehand, but complain like merry hell when a game comes out and doesn't fit their vision of what it should have been.

Once a thread is moved to this part of the forum, the amount of people that see it is quite small. I'd say at this point with no new news, most people have moved off too.

Turn 10 have lots of posts/ideas to look at from over the years anyway.
#80 Posted : Saturday, November 9, 2019 2:06:03 AM(UTC)
Its very unlikely what I can think of will happen in the next Forza game but I can only hope some will!! Unique cars thats never been featured in Forza games of yet, or even in games in general, Unique Tracks too!

The cars:
2019 Ford Mustang Supercar (#17, #12, #5, #55 etc.)
2018/19 Holden ZB Commodore (#888, #97, #2, #22 etc.)
2009 - 2019 Suzuki Swift Sport models
2007 - 2014 Mitsubishi Lancer (CJ) Ralliart edition
2018 Ferrari 488 Pista/Aperta
2020 Chevrolet Corvette
1985 Holden Barina/Suzuki Swift (you can laugh... but I miss this car.)
Pagani Zonda Tricolore

I could go on

The tracks:

Add some more Aussie tracks as well as Bathurst such as Phillip Island, Melbourne F1 Circuit, Sydney Motorsport Park, Townsville Street Circuit, Gold Coast Street Circuit etc..
Add snow on the Nurburgring
A new open airfield for tag, drag races and test driving. The current one from Forza 5 to 7 is getting a little boring.
A drift circuit similar to Fujimikaido
RedBull Ring

The features

Id love to be able to use Forzavista on parts of any race track. For example, the straight on the Catalunya GP Circuit. It'd make for good photos!
Realistic engine swaps. So you can see the engine you put in.
Snow on selected race tracks
The option to select wets on the pre race menu on rainy events.
The DAMD Bodykit for the Evo IX and VIII
Chromed or matte vinyls
Interior customization
#81 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2019 10:59:47 PM(UTC)
I have been a fan of the Forza motorsports franchise since day one.But I have some major concerns about the direction developers are going.It's becoming to over the top,arcadie.My main disappointment is the a.i. or how they use driver avatars.They can't even race correctly at Homestead without smacking the wall each lap.They did an awesome job with putting ovals in the game,but using driver avatars has totally ruined the experience.WHY CAN'T THEY USE REAl DATA AND KNOWLEDGE?They seem to be going away from the sim aspects.Which is why the Forza motorsports franchise has become a mess.Trying to please everybody has turned into a joke,and pushed many players to other games.Like Project cars ,iracing etc...With the amount of money and work put into the Forza series,They are leaving out the ones who really want that real sim challenge.But it's the community that has truly turned this game into a joke.Reading some comments,I have to say how everyone complains and wants petty garbage.How about finding answers to make the game better?It's becoming really hard to defend this game ,because it doesn't know what is going on.You base a game on real tracks and have a pretty high element of sim,but carter to arcade style racing,smashing and crashing.See my point?MAKE IT MORE SIM or keep trying to please everybody and have subpar game again .If the rumors are true about Forza motorsports 8,being based on Forza motorsports 4,I think its a step in the wrong direction .I am tired of street cars that I will never race,700 cars is overwhelming .We want race cars and real race series and tracks.We want real data and real handling models ,real damage and failures,real racing aspects with a high level of skill.You guys have taken the challenge and thrills out of it,It's still fun to play and looks amazing .But games like project cars have better a.i. ,game settings etc... Why??If you actually put the effort on skill set and offered true sim mode,it would dominate in all other games.I don't understand why with being a Microsoft owned company with millions of dollars invested ,you still can't realize the potential of having a true sim side.
#82 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2019 5:42:34 AM(UTC)
Please try using new lines next time. It's difficult to read this. :)

Originally Posted by: cortana1 Go to Quoted Post
My main disappointment is the a.i. or how they use driver avatars.They can't even race correctly at Homestead without smacking the wall each lap.They did an awesome job with putting ovals in the game,but using driver avatars has totally ruined the experience. WHY CAN'T THEY USE REAl DATA AND KNOWLEDGE?

I agree that Forza Motorsport's driveavatar implementation is not good at all and in many cases ruins the fun. This has been mentioned by many players and personally I would also prefer the classic AI from the previous games in the series. But there is a reason why driveatars are in the game. I believe it's purpose is to have players feel more invested into the game since they are driving against their "friends" and "real people".

There is a similar reason why Fortnite is getting AI controlled players. There is a video from Jim Sterling about this phenomenon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiOCyTsg-yo

They seem to be going away from the sim aspects.Which is why the Forza motorsports franchise has become a mess.Trying to please everybody has turned into a joke,and pushed many players to other games.Like Project cars ,iracing etc...With the amount of money and work put into the Forza series,They are leaving out the ones who really want that real sim challenge.

We want race cars and real race series and tracks. We want real data and real handling models ,real damage and failures, real racing aspects with a high level of skill. You guys have taken the challenge and thrills out of it, It's still fun to play and looks amazing. But games like project cars have better a.i. ,game settings etc... Why?? If you actually put the effort on skill set and offered true sim mode, it would dominate in all other games.

The reason why Forza Motorsport is not a full racing simulator is because for the majority of the people who are buying the Forza games it would be less fun to play a racing sim and there would be no reason for them to buy the games. If you think about what would make this game a racing simulation (pre-race qualifying, proper tire & fuel management w/ pit-stop strategies, strict race regulations, no driving assists) then many players wouldn't care to put up with all the time and effort just do drive a few races. The entry level would be too high.

Racing simulators like Project CARS, Assetto Corsa, iRacing, rFactor and Automobilista are very niche games where you need to invest many hours to get to a point where your driving skills are competitive plus you most likely will have to invest money into buying a proper racing rig with a racing wheel. That's an investment of several hundreds of dollars just for a force-feedback wheel (plus a wheel stand for another $100+ ), something that most people would rather invest in a new gaming console/PC, TV or more games.

Also if you compare the sales charts of Forza Motorsports and Project CARS, you can tell that Forza Motorsport is selling better just on the Xbox One alone compared to Project CARS on Xbox One and PS4 combined. This pretty much proves the developers that their approach to racing is more successful.
- Forza Motorsport 6 - Total 2.02 M sold
- Project CARS - Xbox One 0.41 M + PS4 1.28 M - Total 1.69 M sold

- Forza Motorsport 7 - Total 1.52 M sold
- Project CARS 2 - Xbox One 0.20 M + PS4 0.55 M - Total 0.75 M sold

Better sales means that the developers will continue to develop additional games. Pure racing simulators are not dominating the market.

But it's the community that has truly turned this game into a joke.Reading some comments,I have to say how everyone complains and wants petty garbage. How about finding answers to make the game better? It's becoming really hard to defend this game, because it doesn't know what is going on.

I actually feel like the community is one of the things which improves the game. Thanks to the community I was able to find a good configuration for my racing wheel.

In my opinion the developers are already doing a good job to offer a gaming experience close to racing simulation for a wide audience. There is a good amount of assists and modifications to set a preferred difficulty. The players who want a racing simulation are already aware that Forza is not trying to be a sim and they choose Project CARS, Assetto Corsa, iRacing etc. instead.

Apart from the A.I. which I also agree is not good, in my opinion the biggest problem with the whole Forza franchise (and triple-A gaming in general) is the release cycle:
A new Forza Motorsports game got released every 2 years, where each iteration is more like an expansion rather than an evolution. There are almost no big changes which makes me and other players consider if it's worth buying a newer version of Forza Motorsport when you have an older version which looks similar, has mostly identical content and still offers hundreds of hours of gameplay. I think Gran Turismo's approach is somewhat better because while it takes Polyphony Digital around 3-6 years to release a new proper installment at least those releases feel significant and each new game is celebrated.
 2 users liked this post.
#83 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2019 10:49:05 AM(UTC)
I got pumped when chris esaki said the car sounds will be different and we will be able to tune it like nfs heat.

Now I come with a customization ideia:
Choose a different wheel for each side( left or right, rear or front, fron left, front right, rear left and rear right)

Customize fenders separately( instead of installing a complete bodykit, you can choose to put rocket bunny fenders and keep the rear fenders stock as an example)

As said, real engine swaps would be great as well.

Screamer pipe on the hood of the vehicle( just like the s14 boss rocket bunny kit we have in the FD car pack)

Please throw in some more bumpers and wide fenders for the following cars:

R33 skyline 1997
R34 skyline
1998 silvia s14 kouki
Bmw e36 m3
Bmw e30 m3

Car wishlist:
Top secret s15 from forza 4
Mines skyline r34
E46 m3 gtr
E30 325I
E36 325I , 328I, both 2 door and 4 door, that would be awesome because no game ever made has these e36s
R33 and R34 rb25det also, no game ever has these

Please read this turn 10 and take it to consideration for forza 8
 1 user liked this post.
#84 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2019 11:25:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Currysoda Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone else wish that FM7 looked just as good as FH4?

As much as I like FM7 it's such a grey and boring looking game.

Anyone else hopes that FM8 is a lot more colorful and appealing than FM7?

If you "hopes for FM8" revolve only around graphics, then sure - I'd say make the game look more like FH4, because the lighting looks genuinely good. my only complaint with FM7's lighting is that the exposure auto-correction feature just doesn't work right. Brake lights glow bright orange or even bright neon yellow, when they should be just plain red and colours can sometimes look washed out in overcast conditions - such as the almost flat white exhaust flame in Sonoma or mapple valley.

Other than that, I'm enjoying the game for what it offers. I hope they include the best elements from FM4 and 5 in FM8.
#85 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2019 11:55:47 PM(UTC)
I have been a fan of the Forza motorsports franchise since day one.But I have some major concerns about the direction developers are going.It's becoming to over the top,arcadie.My main disappointment is the a.i. or how they use driver avatars.They can't even race correctly at Homestead without smacking the wall each lap.They did an awesome job with putting ovals in the game,but using driver avatars has totally ruined the experience.WHY CAN'T THEY USE REAl DATA AND KNOWLEDGE?They seem to be going away from the sim aspects.Which is why the Forza motorsports franchise has become a mess.Trying to please everybody has turned into a joke,and pushed many players to other games.Like Project cars ,iracing etc...With the amount of money and work put into the Forza series,They are leaving out the ones who really want that real sim challenge.But it's the community that has truly turned this game into a joke.Reading some comments,I have to say how everyone complains and wants petty garbage.How about finding answers to make the game better?It's becoming really hard to defend this game ,because it doesn't know what is going on.You base a game on real tracks and have a pretty high element of sim,but carter to arcade style racing,smashing and crashing.See my point?MAKE IT MORE SIM or keep trying to please everybody and have subpar game again .If the rumors are true about Forza motorsports 8,being based on Forza motorsports 4,I think its a step in the wrong direction .I am tired of street cars that I will never race,700 cars is overwhelming .We want race cars and real race series and tracks.We want real data and real handling models ,real damage and failures,real racing aspects with a high level of skill.You guys have taken the challenge and thrills out of it,It's still fun to play and looks amazing .But games like project cars have better a.i. ,game settings etc... Why??If you actually put the effort on skill set and offered true sim mode,it would dominate in all other games.I don't understand why with being a Microsoft owned company with millions of dollars invested ,you still can't realize the potential of having a true sim side.

Great suggestions - but if someone from the team were to read and pay serious attention to this - then take the trouble of using paragraphs, friend!
#86 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2019 4:10:06 AM(UTC)
It would be nice if Turn10 could reward me for my ideas some day. GT7 has been in development for a long time,

Forza 6 vs GT6

I like Forza 7, I rate the game 8.5/10 even though it feels like Forza 6.5.

League
In Forza 6 the League rewarded people who played the most, I remember getting to know a group of people in the top 10 in the Forza 6 League, it was great. Leaderboards should return.
It also seemed like you had far more freedom with tuning/upgrades in Forza 6 when it came to which car's and tuns you can use in League, I could be wrong since I have not played multiplayer much.

-Track Editor
-World Builder (I know the Horizon series is open world but perhaps they can make an advanced map editor for Forza 8 that will allow you to create your own cities and open worlds, Horizon is sort of like a car MMO and perhaps their next Horizon game can be a MMO while Forza 8 will be like a Sandbox for it's World Builder feature)
- Less focus on race cars, Forza 7 has race car's from almost every racing league on the planet but they are missing nascar pickup trucks
-More focus on having many more production cars
-Big luxury cars , S class, 7 Series, Maybach,
-More exclusive rewards for League winners or top 10, like rare car's that you can never buy unless you win them
-I prefer racing a car stock first and I think most people do to. For the career mode, all cars should be stock only.
-Showcases should not be mixed with the career mode anymore, they also need to be unlocked depending in your progress with the career. I enjoyed showcases and wish there was more of them.
-More photoreaslitic car models
-Better sound, has anyone else noticed that Forza 4 has much louder sound? I want it to be like that again.
-Better music, Forza 7 had horrible music and I never turned it on, Forza 4 had much better menu music.
-More City tracks, at least 10 new city courses and 10 new fantasy courses
-10 new race courses
-At least 500 new cars added to the original
-Increased draw distance, can't see cities in the distance with Forza 7
-Same damage model but there needs to be more external destruction on the vehicles
-10 rally courses and rally cars.

This is a lot to ask for but development time should end in December 2023 if they actually incorporated all of these features

Edited by user Friday, November 22, 2019 4:48:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#87 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2019 4:35:25 AM(UTC)
Well, interesting idead. I think the title is misleading, it would be more proper to call this thread "The essential cars and features I'd like to see in Forza 8". :)

Let's see!

-World editor: Forza Motorsport is a series about circuit racing. It wasn never intended to be an open world driving game like TDU, or FH. The races in FM are happening on closed race tracks.
Other than that, it would be very difficult technically to implement a world builder into the game. The developers spending many hours to optimize the tracks you see in the game, to balance between visual quality and frame-rate. There are open world games with nice graphics and world editing capabilities but don't forget that that the physics engine in racing simulation is more demanding in hardware than in a shooter game.

-Less focus on race cars? Again, the series is called Forza MOTORSPORT for a reason. :) Although I prefer to drive road cars but having racing cars in the series is a must.

-Better sound: agreed, it could use some improvements. Beside the engine the game needs more background noises: like more audible wind sound, wheel noise, etc.

-Better music: well, some more ambient like music would be better. Some more relaxing, something more in the background, not this garage rock we have in FM7.

-Car models: I think most of them are perfect, but there are many 3D models which are in the game since Forza 3 or 4! It's time to remake them from scratch.

-Increased draw distance: I think we will get it if FM8 will be released on the new Xbox console.

#88 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2019 5:37:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: A Tokar 77 Go to Quoted Post
Well, interesting idead. I think the title is misleading, it would be more proper to call this thread "The essential cars and features I'd like to see in Forza 8". :)

Let's see!

-World editor: Forza Motorsport is a series about circuit racing. It wasn never intended to be an open world driving game like TDU, or FH. The races in FM are happening on closed race tracks.
Other than that, it would be very difficult technically to implement a world builder into the game. The developers spending many hours to optimize the tracks you see in the game, to balance between visual quality and frame-rate. There are open world games with nice graphics and world editing capabilities but don't forget that that the physics engine in racing simulation is more demanding in hardware than in a shooter game.

-Less focus on race cars? Again, the series is called Forza MOTORSPORT for a reason. :) Although I prefer to drive road cars but having racing cars in the series is a must.

-Better sound: agreed, it could use some improvements. Beside the engine the game needs more background noises: like more audible wind sound, wheel noise, etc.

-Better music: well, some more ambient like music would be better. Some more relaxing, something more in the background, not this garage rock we have in FM7.

-Car models: I think most of them are perfect, but there are many 3D models which are in the game since Forza 3 or 4! It's time to remake them from scratch.

-Increased draw distance: I think we will get it if FM8 will be released on the new Xbox console.

I said this because the devs said they were gonna take time to innovate for forza 8. My suggestions would be the greatest innovations ever. You can't innovate if you limit forza 8 to being a circuit racer sim. The Horizon games have become regurgitated, they should create a MMO with all of USA as the map. Of course it would not be to the exact detail but mini versions of the cities. 1000 players on one server.

2 users liked this post.
#89 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2019 12:41:34 AM(UTC)
Ideias for Career system:

In forza 8 we could have a career system that is more adequate for each motorsport fan.

If you are a drifter, you could choose a drift career, having beginner championships until pro championships like FD, D1, Driftmasters, king of Europe, etc... you know where im getting at.
For racers you do the same racing system we have around the world, throw in championships until you reach pro

My point is, have a system which allows you to choose what career defines you, if its Drifting,racing or drag racing. The player can choose which career to do.

Make us feel like we are having a motorsport life. Earn pro licenses by racing in the beginner, amateur and expert level. Pro would be the new difficulty in each career mode.

Thank you in advance for reading this Turn 10. I hope you can see light in my ideia( dont know if anyone ever posted an ideia similar to this).
#90 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2019 9:41:48 PM(UTC)
OMG! no, we dont need another Kiddi/Hippie-Open World Racer like NfS and Horizon or The Crew. You probably also want a few Fortnite Dances for the Drivers during the race breaks. And with a map of the US,.... how innovative. Guys, come on, it is a Circuit Racing Game. And nothing else should be Forza 8.
#91 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2019 12:49:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MagnusFarseeR Go to Quoted Post
The Essential Cars And Features That Forza 8 Needs To Destroy GranTurismo

Well, interesting idea. I think the title is misleading, it would be more proper to call this thread "The essential cars and features I'd like to see in Forza 8". :)

I totally agree with this. I don't see a point in "destroying Gran Turismo". They are both on different platforms and through a healthy competition they both can learn from each other. And comparing Forza Motorsport to more realistic racing simulations like Project CARS and Assetto Corsa you can tell that the Forza Motorsport games have better sales.

-Track Editor

I believe Gran Turismo 5 or 6 had a basic track editor where you could combine predefined race track parts. The problem is that in most cases you will find thousands of boring or poorly designed custom race tracks and only a few hundred of good ones. Not every user who is creating a custom track has the time and patience to create an exciting, well-balanced and fun race track.

-World Builder (I know the Horizon series is open world but perhaps they can make an advanced map editor for Forza 8 that will allow you to create your own cities and open worlds, Horizon is sort of like a car MMO and perhaps their next Horizon game can be a MMO while Forza 8 will be like a Sandbox for it's World Builder feature)

"The Crew" from Ubisoft already tried to deliver an open world RPG where you can race through a minified version of the United States. It received somewhat mixed reviews, bigger doesn't make a game better. If you prefer open world racers then you should stick to Forza Horizon.

Maybe what you are trying to explain is similar to Project Gotham Racing 4's approach. There you had several closed race track combinations placed inside small representations of real cities like New York, Tokyo, St. Petersburg, London and Las Vegas. There you could play a cat & mouse mode in multiplayer where the boundaries in a city were removed and you could drive through the limited number of the streets.

- Less focus on race cars, Forza 7 has race car's from almost every racing league on the planet but they are missing nascar pickup trucks

While your preference is less of a focus on race cars, other players ask for a bigger focus on race cars. The developers try to find a balance without compromising the vision of Forza Motorsport.

-Big luxury cars , S class, 7 Series, Maybach,
-At least 500 new cars added to the original

Additional cars and brands means additional effort in car modelling, designing, development and testing. Also it means additional licensing effort and costs. Some car manufacturers don't want their cars in a game or have exclusive deals with a specific game developer (for example Toyota in recent years was exclusive to Gran Turismo up until now). The developers also need to consider if the effort is worth spending in implementing a vehicle if that vehicle will not be fun to play and only a small number of players will use it.

-Same damage model but there needs to be more external destruction on the vehicles

There is unfortunately not much the developers can change. They most likely have contracts with the car manufacturers who don't want to see their cars demolished and destroyed. It's the same in other racing games with licensed cars like Gran Turismo, Project CARS, Need For Speed, etc.

Games with fully destructible vehicles like Burnout, Motorstorm, Wreckfest, Flatout have fantasy cars.

This is a lot to ask for but development time should end in December 2023 if they actually incorporated all of these features

I would be interested to know how you were able to estimate how long it would take the developers to implement your feature requests. Unless one is part of the development team it is pretty much impossible to estimate how long it takes them to implement a new feature.

Edited by user Monday, December 2, 2019 3:13:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#92 Posted : Wednesday, December 4, 2019 11:38:45 PM(UTC)
Shakirdk19 that is actually a fantastic idea!! I do hope T10 sees this thread and especially your comment!!
#93 Posted : Saturday, December 7, 2019 4:10:49 AM(UTC)
It would be great if we could add tune notes to each car in the garage
#94 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2019 3:44:51 PM(UTC)
I just want VR....
#95 Posted : Wednesday, December 25, 2019 4:29:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: kellemann Go to Quoted Post
I just want VR....

I doubt their going to do that. Microsoft said that they have no plans to create a VR Headset in the future.
#96 Posted : Thursday, December 26, 2019 4:14:07 PM(UTC)
1. Motorcycles
2. Higher simulation level
3. More realistic looking graphics
4. Better track elevation depiction
5. Some non-race track loops
#97 Posted : Wednesday, January 1, 2020 10:13:27 AM(UTC)

Rally
There are a ton of rally cars that have come to Forza thanks to the Horizon series, but we have yet to get proper rally racing in Motorsport. There is even rumors that rally feature where cut from FM7 because the Top Gear Test Track has some tire walls in place where the Top Gear Rally Cross route goes from Series 23.

Proper Dynamic time of day and weather.
FM7 has a rather half-assed approach to time of day and weather and I want real full 24-Hour day-night cycles with time scaling options to have the 24-hour day-night cycle simulated in real time or as little as 24 minutes. And PLEASE just add a "Random" option when selecting weather conditions for custom races.

Proper simulation of Hybrid/KERS/DRS systems.
Right now Forza doesn't properly simulated these system and they effectively just run at 100% boost mode all the time. I'd like to see these get simulated properly as well as having the option for manual control on the cars that do offer manual control of those systems.

Proper simulation of Torque Vectoring systems.
As with the Hybrid systems Torque vectoring isn't properly simulated and as a result the Rimac C2 in FH4 seems to handle far worse then it's real life counterpart. And with the continuing real world development of Torque vectoring systems and Hybrid/Electric powertrains in performance cars this needs to be addressed soon if Forza wants to even remotely accurately portray the performance characteristics of new and upcoming performance cars.

Multi-Bucket Races in Career mode.
One of my favorite things to do in FM7 free play is set up Multi Bucket races with Divisions of cars that have the same or very similar PI restrictions, and see how the Tire and HP restrictions of each Divisions Homologation rules effect the outcome on various tracks. Division Battles Championship pitting 2-4 Divisions of similar PI rating in Career mode with the ability to pick which Division you want to race for would be awesome. Or setting up buckets of vastly different PI ratings to mix up the races. Imagine having GT and LMP cars on the track at the same time having to contend with Slower or Faster Cars (depending on which bucket you are racing in). Would be a good place for that IMSA partnership Forza is has been sitting on despite not doing anything with.

Longer Races.
I know FM7 did add the option to change length of Career mode races, but it is hidden away in the Assist settings and only appears when in the pre-race lobby screen of a Career mode race. Which lead to a lot of people that did not even know the option exist complaining that the races are to short to get to the lead without playing dirty and shoving the AI out of the way through each corner. Essentially promoting the Ramming playstyle that plagues many online races. My "solution", Make the race length setting MUCH more apparent to casual players, Maybe even having a popup at the start of the game asking the player for their preferred race length. Make the "Normal" race length 50-66% longer (2 Lap race becomes 3 laps, 3 Lap becomes 5 laps, 4 laps becomes 6 Laps), and add a Short option that reverts to the stranded race length we have had in previous game.
#98 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2020 1:32:10 AM(UTC)
VR x 5
#99 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2020 12:54:43 AM(UTC)
Forza already has great graphics - I would like to see them focus primarily on nailing physics that surpass Assetto Corsa and include distinct car sound for *every* car in the game - pre and post upgrades; not their own version of that car, but how it actually sounds in real life. It's very much possible with current-gen console technology, and with X series, they really have no excuse at all.

Edited by user Monday, January 13, 2020 1:04:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#100 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2020 7:50:46 AM(UTC)
Been watching some Various racing leagues on Youtube and a few I would Love to see replicated in FM8 are Touring Car Masters and Improved Production.

"Touring Car Masters" would be Production cars from 1963-1978, upgraded to around A-Class, Must have Full Rollcage and Race Compound tires.
Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYfQwJqmTdg

"Improved Production" would be similar to Open Class racing (C, B, and A class would be best), but Limited to Production cars, and Must have full Roll Cage and Race Compound Tires to better replicate IRL Production class racing.
Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVGqEmcXd4M
6 Pages<<23456PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error