2 Pages12Next
 3 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 4:13:03 AM(UTC)
Has anyone noticed the weird clicking/clunking noise almost all cars make when sitting idle and in some cases Forza Vista and the loading screen?, it’s the same noise that some cars doors make when opening/closing and another of the sounds is the one made by dynamic spoilers in Forza Vista moving. Devs please patch.
#2 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 4:17:25 AM(UTC)
Haven't noticed clicking sounds while standing still, but i did notice clicking-sounds when shifting gears
 2 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 4:20:57 AM(UTC)
Check you're not being hunted by a Predator.
#4 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 2:56:31 PM(UTC)
Windscreen wipers?
#5 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 2:57:43 PM(UTC)
I think there is a dead body rolling around in the trunk on some cars lol
I blame the ants.
#6 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2018 4:20:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Goose276 Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone noticed the weird clicking/clunking noise almost all cars make when sitting idle and in some cases Forza Vista and the loading screen?, it’s the same noise that some cars doors make when opening/closing and another of the sounds is the one made by dynamic spoilers in Forza Vista moving. Devs please patch.

Yes! I'm hearing the clicking/clunking noises during the end of some online games. I thought someone was typing on a mechanical keyboard and forgot their mic open but no I don't hear any mic sounds anways and no one was talking during the clicking noises I was hearing. I hear them so many times a day. I knew something was wrong with the game.
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 1:30:44 PM(UTC)
This is driving me INSANE since day 1 of the game. I turned my mic off, all voice chats off yet I still hear a clicking sound like a person tapping a key on a mechanical keyboard. What is this?!!?
I reinstalled the game, used different audio setup - Nope! Every time someone is around me on the map and in lobby, I hear random keyboard tapping sounds.

FYI - it sounds like pressing a single button on a MX red switch very hard.

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 1:32:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 4:16:59 PM(UTC)
Damn this is scary. I'm gonna have nightmare tonight...
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 2:25:27 AM(UTC)
Gonna record it and upload to YT so you can hear what I mean
#10 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 8:03:37 AM(UTC)

Same for me. At first i noticed this in Forzavista, then in freeroam. Specially noticeable when playing without music (like me).
Specs ;
Ryzen 7 2700X 4.2Ghz
GTX 1080Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB
2x8GB RAM 3200Mhz
1TB SSD
SSD 240GB X2

Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.
#11 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 10:07:39 AM(UTC)
Has anyone noticed the weird clicking/clunking noise almost all cars make when sitting idle and in some cases Forza Vista and the loading screen

Yes! Was also getting it when waiting for last week’s Trial to load.

Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post
I think there is a dead body rolling around in the trunk on some cars lol

Yes! Reminded me of a scene in Goodfellas 😏

Originally Posted by: Vladimir 8011 Go to Quoted Post
Specially noticeable when playing without music (like me).

Ditto. However I’ve now got a new sound that’s replaced the clunky one… it’s as if I stuck my head out the window while doing 200mph!!!! (Didn’t realise the telly was up so loud - just scrolling through my garage and nearly jumped out of my skin, LoL 😆)

FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
 2 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 11:36:34 PM(UTC)
Yep definitely noticed it - in fact I brought it to everybody's attention a couple months ago but no one seemed to care. I also sent them a few tickets. It is a very annoying sound - like a clicking sound as the OP said; as if there's a water sprinkler or small lawn mower running in the background. It comes and goes but mostly there on all cars on idle, no matter where you are on the map.

I cannot believe how a first party title can have this many audio bugs and shortcomings.
 1 user liked this post.
#13 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2019 9:35:58 AM(UTC)
Glad to find out it's not just me. I'd have to assume Playground and Turn 10 know about this, it must be way down on the priority list and/or a complicated bug to fix.
#14 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 7:58:30 AM(UTC)
I heard similar once or twice. Turned out to be the burbling idle exhaust note. Another time, was the wind blowing something in the nearby environment.
#15 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 9:13:51 AM(UTC)
Come on guys, everyone knows that's the same clicking sound you hear when you snap two LEGOs together... get with the program.

Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... sometimes, we just snuggle.
#16 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2019 5:59:29 PM(UTC)
I noticed and it seems to come and go
 2 users liked this post.
#17 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2019 3:13:18 AM(UTC)
#18 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2019 3:48:04 AM(UTC)
Comes and goes and it appears to be a difficult to resolve bug otherwise they would have patched it out by now.
#19 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2019 6:50:11 AM(UTC)

Yes I have experienced this. It appears to be the sound for the gear changing is stuck on a loop. I'm not sure if it's in specific cars or only in manual or dct systems. Either way its annoying.
#20 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2019 6:14:31 PM(UTC)
I get it too.

Those videos show it happening during races and in the race results screen... I haven't noticed the sound there before. That's not to say it doesn't happen for me in those places, I just haven't noticed it there.

I've only noticed it during free roam whenever I stop my car by the side of the road (or anywhere else). At first I thought the sound was environmental, maybe a gate opening and closing, or window shutters blowing in the wind, but I get the sound even when parked in the middle of the desert. And I hear it EVERY TIME I stop my car, no matter where.

I don't know what this mechanical keyboard sound other people are talking about is. It sounds to me most like the door opening sound from Forza Vista. I only play in solo mode so it's definitely not someone else's microphone.

I'm playing on PC, what about everyone else? I don't want to have to do the 15 hour download just to check if it also happens on my XB1S... But I may end up doing that - the sound really bugs me. It makes me think my character is constantly trying to open the car door - "Let me out! Let me out! I don't want to be under the control of this crazy driver anymore!"
#21 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2019 1:01:01 AM(UTC)
It sounds like the sound of a water sprinkler running somewhere close or sometimes the sound you hear while popping microwave popcorn, if that makes sense. I've heard it since day one, and it only happens in free roam when you stop your car and listen to the idle sound (which is hardly there except for this clicking/popping sound)
#22 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2019 1:28:57 PM(UTC)
Capture of the Problem

It happens regardless of the camera view, seemed regardless of the vehicle, possibly related with the environment.

More likely related with the state of the wipers.

Edited by user Saturday, November 16, 2019 10:41:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#23 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2019 11:22:39 PM(UTC)
Kind of hilarious how they haven't fixed it after this many updates.
#24 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 2:07:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: opencamswrx Go to Quoted Post
Kind of hilarious how they haven't fixed it after this many updates.

For there was no clear evidence of its existence.

Now there is... and let's see.
#25 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 11:11:05 AM(UTC)
I completely stopped playing the game mainly because of this bug that drove me crazy. Since the first day 1 year ago, I tested on pc and xbox one nothing changes.So Incredible laziness.
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error