This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
11 Pages<<45678>>PrevNext
#126 Posted : Wednesday, October 16, 2019 9:29:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hansonalanrob Go to Quoted Post
Finally found time in the 'real world' to have a run.
2:25.968 in the Audi TTS using HLR Moss' v1 tune

Thanks Rob, but Rio Full v2 is better, and worth a try.
#127 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 6:05:19 AM(UTC)
2:25.750 in the Nissan 370Z
GT - Wan Ge 1

Bigtime Muscle Member
 1 user liked this post.
#128 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 11:54:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR Moss Go to Quoted Post
Finally found time in the 'real world' to have a run.
2:25.968 in the Audi TTS using HLR Moss' v1 tune

Thanks Rob, but Rio Full v2 is better, and worth a try.

Tried your v2 tune Moss, but found I had to be more precise on turn in - ran about 0.5 down on my PB.

Reloaded your v1 tune and slightly improved to 2:25.630, sneaked ahead of Wan again :)

Edited by user Thursday, October 17, 2019 11:56:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#129 Posted : Saturday, October 19, 2019 10:56:57 PM(UTC)
Sorry rob, sneaked back infront again - 2:25.295.
I also went back to Moss's V1 Audi TT tune πŸ‘

edit - just retried Moss's V2 - 2:23.337 πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘πŸ‘

Edited by user Sunday, October 20, 2019 12:19:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

GT - Wan Ge 1

Bigtime Muscle Member
#130 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2019 3:45:57 AM(UTC)
02:22.8 Cayman gt4.πŸ‘πŸ‘

02:22.1 Cayman Gt4 πŸ‘πŸ‘

Edited by user Sunday, October 20, 2019 6:07:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#131 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2019 6:04:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wan Ge 1 Go to Quoted Post

Nice run Wan. Might have found the 0.3 to challenge you, but don't think I can find more than 2 seconds.
 1 user liked this post.
#132 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2019 4:24:54 AM(UTC)

Nice run Wan. Might have found the 0.3 to challenge you, but don't think I can find more than 2 seconds.

I don't know where that time came from, I got down to a 24.7, then somehow managed the 23.3 πŸ€”
GT - Wan Ge 1

Bigtime Muscle Member
#133 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2019 8:06:43 AM(UTC)

I don't know where that time came from, I got down to a 24.7, then somehow managed the 23.3 πŸ€”

..............πŸ‘

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#134 Posted : Tuesday, October 22, 2019 1:34:59 PM(UTC)
OK, people: There is a serious dearth of big cats on the leaderboards, and that just can't stand. The F-Type may be the worst possible performance option for this HLC, but it's the prettiest (and therefore the correct) choice.

Not going to get a ton of time this week, but I hope to at least get a baseline setup hacked out. Tried a few different build variations and ended up going with what's probably as close to a traditional leaderboard-capable build as I'm likely to get. Aero, race rubber (as close to square as I can get), heavyish wheels, etc. Build seems pretty solid (if a little on the BIGHEAVYSUPERCHARGEDSTUPID end of the spectrum), but the setup needs some work. A bit floaty and mushy, and I'm getting some nasty wheel hop over the rougher bits of track. Will see what I can do with it before the axe falls.

Current best: 2:28.989

Oh, and that's in a F-Type R Coupe, not the Project 7.

==

Edit to add:

Got a dirty 2:26.0xx, and based on my splits from that was on pace for a high 2:24 when I bobbled the last chicane and headbutted the wall at about 120 MPH. Sure am glad I don't have one of those fancy cockpit setups that move around to simulate G-forces. Probably would have broke the damn thing. Will see about getting another run or two in tomorrow, but the 2:29 is probably going to be my final.

Oh, well. There's a Jag on the board at least.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 22, 2019 3:16:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#135 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 7:21:53 AM(UTC)
Not much left in my tank..... (sigh)...... πŸ™

Official time.... HLR BURNINASPHALT.... Rio Full.... Audi TTS...... 2:28:956..... 😎
 4 users liked this post.
#136 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 12:06:15 PM(UTC)
Rio was fun. Thanks to all 31 drivers for participating with clean runs, and welcome back HLR LIVIN, STIdarkside 88, and Makman43.

This proved to be yet another very evenly matched division, with 8 different cars used on the leaderboard.

The result could hardly have been closer with just over 3 tenths separating our winner, xAlea Jacta Est, from 2nd placed THR Rich. We knew it would be close but WOW, great driving guys. xAlea overtook Rich in the final hour, The final podium place went to minsons, driving an Alfa Romeo 4C.

Great driving everyone!

Here is a snapshot of the final standings:

Congratulations to our winners:

Tier 1 Winner: xAlea Jacta Est wins a paint for his Alfa Romeo 4C.

Tier 2 Winner: miguel1284 wins a paint for his 2010 Nissan 370Z.

Tier 3 Winner: Count Russcular wins a paint for his 2016 Porsche Cayman GT4.

Tier 4 Winner: hansonalanrob wins a paint for his 2015 Audi TTS Coupe.

Tuners Prize: xAlea Jacta Est wins a paint for his 2016 Porsche Cayman GT4.

To claim your paints, message HLR Moss to arrange it's sharing whilst you are waiting in the car to download. We don't want anyone else to grab them. They are each personalised for the winner and hopefully will provide you with a memory of the event.

For our next challenge we are off to Belgium for some night running at Spa. We hope you enjoy it!

FM7, Series 3, Event 4
B Class (B600 Max)
Spa Night
Restricted to any car in the Vintage Sport Coupe Division
Event will close at 9:00pm (UK time) on Wednesday, 6th November.

Prize Liveries for Tier winners and for the Tuner whose shared setup is placed highest when driven by another driver.

Everyone welcome.
Simply post your times in this thread. But:
* Let us know if you play with a wheel
* Let us know if you drive Hardcore.

The Leaderboard can be found here: HLC Leaderboard

The Vintage Sport Coupe Cars
1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS
1969 Ferrari Dino 246 GT
1969 FIAT Dino 2.4 Coupe
1967 Mercedes-Benz 280 SL
1964 Aston Martin DB5
1962 Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta Lusso
1961 Jaguar E-type
1960 Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato
1960 Chevrolet Corvette
1959 BMW 507
1959 Jaguar Mk II 3.8
1958 MG MGA Twin-Cam
1957 Ferrari 250 California
1957 Porsche 356A Speedster
1955 Porsche 550 Spyder
1954 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe
1954 Jaguar XK120 SE
1953 Maserati A6GCS/53 Pininfarina Berlinetta
1952 FIAT 8V Supersonic
1948 Ferrari 166MM Barchetta

20 cars, the Porsche 550 is sure to be be strong, but there are several other cars worthy of a run here.
 2 users liked this post.
#137 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 12:07:04 PM(UTC)
Here are the Tiers for Event #4 of Season 3. Good Luck!

PRKid

Edited by user Wednesday, October 23, 2019 12:17:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#138 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 12:22:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR Moss Go to Quoted Post

The Porsche 550 is sure to be be strong, but there are several other cars worthy of a run here.

That is for sure! Yet, I really like many of the cars in this Division......Dino, M-B, Vette, Maserati, 550 and Cali. And, many more are strong contenders!

PRKid

DJ Saoco
 3 users liked this post.
#139 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 2:08:58 PM(UTC)
Oh, be still my heart! So many great cars, and Spa is absolutely one of the best tracks in the game. Gonna spend a week deciding what to run.

==

Edit to add:

OK, that took less time than I thought. My MGA and Jag Mk II were out because I already have liveries for them. Briefly considered trying to insanify a Porsche 356, but my better judgement prevailed. Spa's a big track, with great, flowing curves and lots of places to really open a car up, so it almost demands a big, heavy GT. After crossing the rest of the Jaguars off the list because I'd just run one (the XK120 almost made the cut anyways; smexy beast of a car), my wife decided I wanted to drive an Aston Martin DB5 over the Ferrari 250 GTO because Bond. James Bond. Can't really argue with that logic, so AM it is.

Bought all the widgets necessary to twiddle numbers, dropped the weight as low as I could get it (was hoping to hit 50/50 weight distribution, but it stubbornly stayed at 51%F), then went on to add power. Ended up with a respectable (but not ridiculous) 385 HP and a curb weight a hair under 2600 lbs. Plugged in a baseline setup and hit the track. Was pleasantly surprised by how well-sorted the car was right out of the gate. The modest power and lowish weight compliment each other well, and there's just enough tire to keep things planted without wasting a ton of grip that the car isn't capable of utilizing. I may downsize the tires one width and see how it goes, but for now I'm happy with the 235s. Setup is uploaded as HLC04 B600 Spa 1.

Current best: 2:49.5xx

Edited by user Wednesday, October 23, 2019 4:09:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#140 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2019 2:44:47 PM(UTC)
Favorite track..... favorite class.... LETS GET READY TO RRUUMMBBLLEE!!!!!
#141 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 4:18:17 PM(UTC)
Tried skinnier tires and a bit more power and didn't like the result, so I'm sticking with what I have build-wise. Made some minor tweaks to the initial setup; the car's a bit quicker to turn in now and a little more willing to rotate under throttle. Managed a dirty 2:45.0xx, and was on pace to get high 2:44s several times, but couldn't manage a clean lap. I think the car itself is in a pretty good place; I just need to brush up on the track a bit. I suspect I'd do well to re-learn left-foot braking, but I'm not sure I'm willing to start down that path again. Plus I think I'd need to re-space my pedals to do it up proper, and that's a royal pain in the backside.

Anyways, setup uploaded as HLC04 B600 Spa 2.
 1 user liked this post.
#142 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2019 10:30:43 AM(UTC)

2:41.305 in the Ferrari 250GT

time for another car
 1 user liked this post.
#143 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2019 1:10:06 PM(UTC)
02:42.7 Ferrari Dino. My own tune. Shared if anyone has the time try it, would be much appreciated. Got a few dirty 41's, so hopefully a little bit more to come!
#144 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2019 1:49:41 PM(UTC)
After lots of failures with building and testing, I decided to run a 550 Spyder. Car is set up for mega grip to allow for navigation of the sweepers and to keep the momentum up; which suits my particular driving style. After getting it set up and dialed in and after a quick visit to the paint booth for Team Sithspeed livery (πŸ‘proven to help with POWAH!!); I turned in an a 2:50:xxx, Think it can improve over time. Unfortunately RL is kicking my butt this week and next which will severely limit my Forza time. 😀 But I’ll give it the ol college try. What else is there to do? Time for MAXIMUM EFFORT! 😎
#145 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2019 4:07:58 AM(UTC)
Alrighty then, after finally catching the "Vintage" part, that's what I get for going from memory. I reworked a C class Vette I had and ran a 2:50.118. There is alot left in it, I just dont have my lines smooth at all yet. Desperately need a new controller. After my clutch/left shoulder button fell off newest, I'm using the one that came with the console 4 years ago, lol.

(By the way, not that it's a big deal, but I'm still showing up as a wheel user on your leaderboard there Kid. No wheel here. Just an oldschool original console and, now controller.)

As far as the Vette, if anybody that has skill can give it a run, throw some feedback. Going from Horizon to Motorsport is tricky, for me.

Edited by user Saturday, October 26, 2019 4:09:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 1 user liked this post.
#146 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2019 5:52:40 AM(UTC)
Few more minor adjustments to camber, few more laps. Still can't manage to keep anything under 2:46 clean, but was pretty consistently running low 2:45s that were almost clean or were dirtied by the previous lap. Starting to look at making some minor gearing tweaks to try to eke out a few more tenths here and there. Will probably get into the 2:44s, and the car is probably capable of a bit more than that if someone competent were driving it. Not going to keep up with that monster 507, though; that thing's mean.

I have to say this Division/track combo is one of the best we've had. Hits that nice sweet spot between "fast enough" and "not hectic", and the soft-and-loose vintage racing is absolutely my favorite part of this game. Great stuff.

Originally Posted by: xDeaDxZeppLiNx Go to Quoted Post
As far as the Vette, if anybody that has skill can give it a run, throw some feedback. Going from Horizon to Motorsport is tricky, for me.

Took a look at your replay (from my experience, it's best not to try controller setups with wheels and vice versa) and can spot a few things:

• Judging by the 3-temperature spread page of tire telemetry, your camber is too low. I'd give the front another -1.5 or so and the rear probably another -0.5 and see how that looks. I don't use the main tire data page for camber; it never seems to agree with what the tires are actually doing.
  • Springs may be a little soft for the ride height. Don't raise them a huge amount; maybe 10-20% or so. Just enough so the car's not getting upset through Eau Rouge/Raidillon.
  • ARBs look pretty good currently, but if you raise the spring rate you may need to lower them a bit to compensate.
  • I forgot to look at brake balance.
  • The old-school five spoke wheels look great.

Edited by user Saturday, October 26, 2019 5:58:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#147 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2019 5:55:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: haulmarc Go to Quoted Post

2:41.305 in the Ferrari 250GT

time for another car

changed over to the 5Fiddy. 2:40.307

1 user liked this post.
#148 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2019 11:15:43 AM(UTC)
2:42.079 with 250 California πŸ‘
GT - Wan Ge 1

Bigtime Muscle Member
 2 users liked this post.
#149 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2019 3:52:04 AM(UTC)
My first participation
2:45:338 with jaguar xk120
I need more practise
#150 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2019 5:14:48 AM(UTC)
Got camber dialed in. Starting the second pass at the spring rates and ARBs. Raised the ride frequency up to 2.4Hz front/2.46Hz rear to try to keep it off the bumps (AKA: went from 358.0F/359.0R to 390.0F/393.5R for you non-frequency weirdos). Suspect I'd gain some grip by strengthening the ARBs quite a bit, but want to get a solid run on the new springs before I make any other changes. Still messing with the transmission. I'm happier with the 1-4 gearing with a final drive of 3.70, but I think I'm losing time on the straights with 5th at 1.00 (and I'm stupidly adamant that 5th needs to stay at 1:1). Given how peaky the power band is, I might be better off switching to a 6-speed anyways. We'll see. I'm not a big fan of 6-speeds (seem to lose more time shifting than you gain from better power management), and they really don't fit thematically with the vintage GT theme.

Current best: 2:45.8-something using Spa 3

Also: It's kinda neat to see a (relatively) wide range of vehicles being run. Variety is the spice of life, after all.
11 Pages<<45678>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error