This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123Next
 5 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2019 3:22:34 AM(UTC)
As mentioned in stream, the competition is to align with our new Series 14 update.

The end date for the competition is the 1st October at 11am BST.

~

Community Route Competition!

Please reply either to this forum thread or this tweet with the following information:
  • Photo of the Route & Flyer
  • Gamertag
  • Event Name
  • Start Location
  • Share Code

Terms and Conditions:
  • Routes must take a total of 5-10 minutes total.
  • Routes must be created in the UK Mainland.
  • Drivatars must be able to complete the route too.
  • Share Code should be 9 characters long.

Edited by user Thursday, September 26, 2019 7:02:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RetroKrystal | Community Liaison for Playground Games | @_RetroKrystal | Mixer: RetroKrystal
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2019 7:01:52 AM(UTC)
Thank you retro <3

Here they are in seasonal particular order:

Design for "Super Villain" is to stagger advantage and disadvantage. Power head in some sections, get caught up to and passed in handling, but not punishing to power builds in handling section such as Iron Giant.

Example, Iron Giant can get a good lead early, but then will be caught up to, potentially passed in slow speed, but opportunities to keep from falling behind. Final stretch to try and catch up or pass.

Exciting as small car as you try and catch up and get lead, with tension as they are catching up as you approach finish.

Edited by user Monday, September 30, 2019 8:27:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2019 7:07:13 AM(UTC)
Any Class restrictions?
 2 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2019 7:17:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: kowal 3D Go to Quoted Post
Any Class restrictions?

Nope, you can go wild! But choose wisely depending on the type of route you design.

Just make sure it within the requirements in the asset and post.
RetroKrystal | Community Liaison for Playground Games | @_RetroKrystal | Mixer: RetroKrystal
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2019 11:46:33 AM(UTC)
Every time I try and view the share code in the event I just created for the competition, it just says, “There was an error retrieving the share code, please try again later.”

Unfortunately you need the share code as part of your entry in this competition, but why does it keep giving me this error?? Is there any reason for this?

Edited by user Thursday, September 26, 2019 11:47:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#6 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2019 12:19:57 PM(UTC)
Is there a limit of one route per category?
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 26, 2019 1:31:13 PM(UTC)
Gamertag: AquaPainter168
Event Name: Smithy's Forge
Start Location: Watershead Sprint
Share Code: 165 610 184

Changed to match seasonal events... (I thought that the Terms, and Conditions were the rules.)
I wanted to make a hard, fast road race, and this is a hard, fast road race. It never tries to catch you out, it just tests your skill on natural bends with no blind spots. Perfect for Ferrari, and Lamborghini!

Edited by user Saturday, September 28, 2019 9:23:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#8 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 2:07:46 AM(UTC)
Gamertag: LongFort75
Event Name: RunOut
Start Location: Moorehead Rally Trail
Share Code: 367 470 283

I created this route with A Class in mind. Though I did my best to mark out corners with checkpoints, I highly recommend using the full racing line.
The AI is competitive, but I’ve seen it miss checkpoints as it has a tendency to go three wide at some corners.

#9 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 2:20:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RedDragon00312 Go to Quoted Post
Is there a limit of one route per category?

Yes. You can enter with a max of 4 entries (one for each season)
#10 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 3:04:15 AM(UTC)
I don't know how to take a picture of the route, it doesn't fit on the screen.
#11 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 3:27:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
I don't know how to take a picture of the route, it doesn't fit on the screen.

I took mine on the Route Select screen when I made a new blueprint. So go to Create Blueprint, select a Car Theme, go to Route Select, highlight your route and take a screenshot of that.

#12 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 3:40:36 AM(UTC)
Gamertag: Blissed Away
Event Name: Edinburgh Early Risers
Start Location: Greendale Super Sprint
Share Code: 177 855 776

This is a circuit and the drivatars don't have any major issues driving and finishing it. It takes approximately 5-6 minutes for a 3 lap race (on A class) and is confined to the streets of Edinburgh. Usually you can see the next checkpoint when approaching one. It transforms from a foggy night to day by the time the race is finished.

#13 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 3:58:38 AM(UTC)
Just wondering, Im on an Xbox One X whats the best way of posting screen shots? Guessing maybe taking the pictures on a phone and uploading to a picture share site? Or is there a function via the Xbox I could use?
#14 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 5:04:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mossmanfly Go to Quoted Post
Just wondering, Im on an Xbox One X whats the best way of posting screen shots? Guessing maybe taking the pictures on a phone and uploading to a picture share site? Or is there a function via the Xbox I could use?

The easiest way is to share to twitter, and then open the image on a new tab, and then grab the image location which you then edit...

Get rid of the end part...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFeQROeXoAAf_6j?format=jpg&name=900x900

Add .jpg to the remaining part...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EFeQROeXoAAf_6j.jpg

#15 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 8:23:49 AM(UTC)
Gamertag: FreshGALNET
Event Name: Welcome to Edinburgh Goliath
Start Location: Greendale Super Sprint
Share Code: 111 160 770

Based in the summer, this is a competitive race which winds its way around the Beautiful City of Edinburgh. Drivatars have no issue keeping up. No Class Restrictions.

Edited by user Saturday, September 28, 2019 6:08:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Looking for a free tune calculator?
Visit: http://forzatuner.com
#16 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 8:42:40 AM(UTC)
Event Name: Bamburgh Costal Circuit
Start Location: The Copper Kettle ByPass
Share Code: 166 524 757

Based in the Autumn, this is a race created by extending the original location race track. For those who stay or have visited Bamburgh you will know that there is a little tearoom called the "Copper Kettle" which gives credit to this races name. Drivatars have no issue keeping up. No Class Restrictions.

Edited by user Friday, September 27, 2019 10:30:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 8:52:38 AM(UTC)
Hi, there is my route for the Lamborghini Vs Ferrari Summer contest.
All informations are in those pictures

Try it and tell me what you think!
#18 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 8:58:43 AM(UTC)
Photo of the Route & Flyer

Gamertag: CJoke23
Event Name: High Speed Chase 60s Muscle Cup
Start Location: Glen Rannoch Hügelstraße
Share Code: 129 276 348

Edited by user Friday, September 27, 2019 9:08:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#19 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 9:14:39 AM(UTC)
Event Name: Sandpit Rally
Start Point: Mudkickers' 4x4 Scrammble
Share Code: 155 413 688

A tactical Winter rally at night. Involves driving around the Playgrounds zone at night in winter, the different surfaces involved within this race creates it's own challenges. No Class Restrictions.

Edited by user Sunday, September 29, 2019 8:46:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#20 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 9:27:29 AM(UTC)
Event Name: The History Of The Pony Car
Start Point: Elmsdon On Sea Sprint
Share Code: 259 330 240

Last but not least:

A tactical Spring Race. Pony V Pony on this twisting track designed to test cornering and speed control. Ideal for any class although I personally enjoy this in lower class cars.

Thanks to PG for this opportunity / competition, and good luck to all those who enter.

Edited by user Sunday, September 29, 2019 8:44:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 9:58:29 AM(UTC)
SUMMER ROUTE

Gamertag: BabySeal363
Event Name: Toro Furioso, Cavallino Rampante
Start Location: Astmoor Rally Trail
Share Code: 900558004

Here's my Summer event, a Sprint Road Race. A bone stock 458 Italia should be able to complete it in around 6 minutes. It's a tour around the North-Eastern portion of the map, visiting both Bamburgh and Edinburgh, starting from the beach and finishing in the forest. When designing the track, I was trying to emulate the traditional long corners and beautiful sunsets you would expect to be stage of the titular Raging Bull and Prancing Horse's high speed battles. After entire generations of racing games, this duel is practically an institution. I couldn't resist having a technical section: the corners get progressively more insidious as you move towards the finish line. I chose S1 instead of the faster class to allow older models to be competitive, and thus involve a larger portion of the histories of these most famous of car makes.

Edited by user Monday, September 30, 2019 11:38:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 11:49:00 AM(UTC)
AUTUMN ROUTE

Event Name: Raiders of the Lost Garage
Start Location: Ambleside Loop Cross Country
Share Code: 104760790

And here is my Autumn event, again a Sprint Road Race. A bone stock '65 Mini Cooper S should be able to complete in just over 8 minutes, while the more recent '92 VW Golf can do it in just over 7 minutes. I'm confident players with heavily tuned D class cars can get much, much faster lap times. Autumn is the perfect season to drive through the yellow-leaved forests with lush rivers and watefalls. The challenge in the making of this track was two-fold: first, it had to enable cars to showcase their immense weight differences, meaning a variety of elevation changes and corners, with opportunities for both agile lightweights and wall-destroying, corner-cutting heavies; secondly, it had to lead the players to the mysterious unused building teased in the latest #TorbenTuesday. That's where the finish line is, so if you want to know where is that garage-like building, play this event and it'll take you there! The combination of these two peculiar features is the reason I chose the name of this very much adventurous Sprint Race. D may not be the most popular of all the classes, but it's the one with most vehicles in this most peculiar division, and the one with both the lightest and the heaviest of FH4's car list.

Edited by user Sunday, September 29, 2019 11:04:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#23 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 1:20:43 PM(UTC)
I made an event called Go Outside and Stretch Your Legs!
Gamertag: Timeluster
Share code: 787 303 195
Start location Coastal Rush Cross Country (start is on road and route is on road)
It is a good Ferrari vs Lamborghini race and takes about 5min 30 in S1.

Edited by user Friday, September 27, 2019 1:25:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#24 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 1:22:33 PM(UTC)
WINTER ROUTE

Event Name: 4WD Ronin
Start Location: Mudkickers' 4X4 Scramble
Share Code: 950112400

My Winter event is my most experimental yet. This Rally Trail is a democratic mix of tarmac and gravel and snow, and of gentle corners and airtight hairpins. A bone stock '99 Lancer Evo VI should be able to finish it comfortably well under 8 minutes. So what's so special about this track and its design? I wanted to convey feelings you wouldn't ordinarily associate with the Horizon Festival. Namely, utter, crushing despair, fear and loneliness. In other words: is it possible to make a horror movie out of a Custom Blueprint? I attempt this by having the entire race take place in an impenetrably dark, foggy night, away from urban areas. Drive fast enough like a proper Japanese wandering warrior, and the Drivatars will no longer accompany you and help you see what dangers lie ahead with their own headlights. At times, even the path itself will abandon you, buried under lots of snow. Welcome to Great Britain.

SPRING ROUTE

Event Name: Journey to the West
Start Location: Bamburgh Coast Circuit
Share Code: 140640520

This Spring event is my final Sprint Race and concludes my entries. It stages a coast-to-coast duel between the two famous pony cars, fought on a selection of some of the fastest and nicest roads on the FH4's Mainland map, including a section of the motorway, or highway as the Americans would have it, and the Horizon Festival. This course is designed for the mighty V8s made in USA, currently headed in the direction of the Land of the Free. The weather is far better than the flyer would have you believe, I selected Clear Post-Rain, meaning there's just some water on the road at the beginning. A bone stock '17 Camaro ZL1 is able to run a 6 minute time, it handles the wet roads perfectly. I chose S1 because it is the class with the greatest amount of stock Camaros, which can also be increased by tuning earlier models. Mustangs are more numerous and more evenly distributed. I know I'm biased, but I really, really enjoy racing, or even just driving at cruising speed, along the roads on this track.

I must say the updated Route Creator made the process of making all these routes much easier. Shout out to the developers adding a very welcome feature to the game! Keep up the good work!

Edited by user Monday, September 30, 2019 10:25:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#25 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2019 1:50:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: thecargeek09 Go to Quoted Post
Every time I try and view the share code in the event I just created for the competition, it just says, “There was an error retrieving the share code, please try again later.”

Unfortunately you need the share code as part of your entry in this competition, but why does it keep giving me this error?? Is there any reason for this?

You need to drive your own custom race until the end, after which you'll be able to generate the code.
3 Pages123Next

Notification

Icon
Error