This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
10 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext
#76 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 4:39:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
I look to already have a time on this one (no memory of it!) in a non qualifying car. It doesn’t look like a time I’m anticipating having difficulty beating but what do you do in that scenario if I don’t beat it? Screenshots?

Looking forward to this one. Interesting mix of a few cars I know are very quick and a lot I’ve not tried at all. Will mess about with some of the ones I don’t know first and see if there is a sleeper in there.

Thanks for running week 1 (and thanks to Jonathan for knocking me out of tier 1 last minute - might have slightly more chance of doing well in tier 2 although I suspect some of the FM7 runners will be more in their element!).

I'll try not to choose tracks with our drivers setting top times, so hopefully you'll be able to beat your current time with no difficulty. If it becomes impossible, then screenshots of your finish time will do nicely.

This track will take some learning. It took me nearly an hour to set a time that saw me close to the top 100. There are several high speed sweepers that can save or lose full seconds.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 18, 2019 4:41:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#77 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 4:50:58 PM(UTC)
Yeah, had a couple of runs in the Esprit and knocked a couple of seconds off the time I’d done in the #2 GT40, so no issue. 2.19.773 as a starter time but I can (hopefully) take a lot of time off that with practice. Good course choice - I’d forgotten I really like this one - haven’t run it for ages!

Edited by user Wednesday, September 18, 2019 4:52:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#78 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 5:12:49 AM(UTC)
thank you so much Moss for the livery as well as the event :)

I have recording software for recording my best attempt if necessary, so I'm fine with any rivals where i might be in top spot at the moment (such as several A-Class cross country rivals). And while I would not deny the potential fps advantage on PC platform as I'm running at capped 72fps, I believe some players have the option to choose for 60fps on Xbox One X, while I also know several Xbox One friends such as FRF Raaz and MetalPheonix who also achieved #1 rivals time at 30fps. It might be harder to get top score, but not impossible :)
i5-6600K@4.78GHz
GTX 1080@2100MHz core/10786MHz
2X8GB Hyper X DDR4@2545MHz 15-16-16-30-401-1T
Mobo: Z170-D3H(F4 BIOS,F5 BadOC)

#79 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 9:51:43 AM(UTC)
I didn’t notice any significant difference between 30 FPS and 60 FPS on the Xbox when I’ve switched it. Seemed to be no performance benefit in Rivals times.

Still, I think it’s only fair that we deduct say 5 seconds from any PC users time and call it even ;-)? The fact Mod would still be quicker than me even if we did that is slightly depressing!
#80 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 11:37:06 AM(UTC)
Moss, have you missed a car off the list as I have the Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale under Retro Supercars when I filter my garage?

Edited by user Thursday, September 19, 2019 11:45:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#81 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 12:11:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hansonalanrob Go to Quoted Post
Moss, have you missed a car off the list as I have the Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale under Retro Supercars when I filter my garage?

Quite possibly 🤣

If it’s a Retro Supercar, it’s good to go 👍

Edit: Car added to the list.

Edited by user Friday, September 20, 2019 2:33:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#82 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 12:24:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR Moss Go to Quoted Post

Quite possibly 🤣

Great I can dig it out, give it a wipe down and add a few new dents to the bodywork 😕
 1 user liked this post.
#83 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 12:54:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR Moss Go to Quoted Post

Quite possibly 🤣

Great I can dig it out, give it a wipe down and add a few new dents to the bodywork 😕

The street furniture on this track is brutal. Especially the final 2 turn stretch to the finish 😅
 1 user liked this post.
#84 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 1:40:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xDeaDxZeppLiNx Go to Quoted Post
I shared my RWD F40, it's not able to keep up outta corners. So I shared my BMW M1, I ran a 2:25.345.

If anyone tries it, first thanks! But I could some feedback, one way or the other. But it, I, me, can hang with Moss, (granted first laps and he'll demolish me once he tries), but I'm within a second with that car, so...there! Lol

Tried your BMW M1 tune. Only had one attempt so far but a pretty solid 2.20.6. Could go a lot quicker as well. Nice drive. Will have a few more goes and see what I can do. Edit - improved to a 2.19.907.

Have lowered my best so far to a 2.18.2 in the Bugatti. Not really surprising although I actually think the Esprit can go quicker than that.

Edited by user Thursday, September 19, 2019 2:03:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#85 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 2:40:08 PM(UTC)
Enjoyed the first event, congrats to Platinum Mod on the win 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

Added everyone from the list and followed a fair few in game too so will be looking out for tunes to try over the weekend. Seeing as I just scraped into Tier 2, I feel like I’ve got a target on my back, so I’m going to need all the help I can get not to be relegated, LoL 😆

There’s a lot of cars to choose from, would personally be very grateful if anyone wants to share tunes for the Ford GT & the Countach - haven’t checked the leaderboard so don’t know if they’re going to be competitive or not…… I just have some designs on them that I like to run, cheers.

FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
#86 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 3:09:48 PM(UTC)
The top 2 times are currently in the Countach and the GT is one of the best cars in S1, so I think your chances of being competitive are fairly high Midnyte ;-).
#87 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 4:41:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR PRKid Go to Quoted Post
Here are the Tiers for Week 2, good luck to all!

PRKid

Thanks for letting me play, this is pretty fantastic!
#88 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 4:48:19 PM(UTC)
I shared my RWD F40, it's not able to keep up outta corners. So I shared my BMW M1, I ran a 2:25.345.

If anyone tries it, first thanks! But I could some feedback, one way or the other. But it, I, me, can hang with Moss, (granted first laps and he'll demolish me once he tries), but I'm within a second with that car, so...there! Lol

The only car I had previously tuned was a 93 Mclaren F1, RWD, no aero. It's an adventure for sure, and in no way competitive, but a fun car to start. Gonna try your tunes and some of the others, hopefully I can learn something :)

3 users liked this post.
#89 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 7:12:06 PM(UTC)
the countach i used was with AWD drag tires and is made by Rocklxd. I would say 2:12 is possible for this car if pushed to the limit.

For those who might not know yet, drag tires work on certain cars (no guarantee it might work but mainly lighter ones for what we've found so far). Usually when a car works with these tyres and coupled with specific settings (usually super low tire pressure and oversteery settings), they tend to handle a bit better than what the handling stats suggest.

As for Ford GT only tunes I know of are OnlyNaps for road and Rocklxd power build for winter. As for drag tires it doesn't seem to work well with it from my testing.

EDIT: I was wrong. Rocklxd's Countach is 2:11 capable :3

Edited by user Friday, September 20, 2019 1:55:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

i5-6600K@4.78GHz
GTX 1080@2100MHz core/10786MHz
2X8GB Hyper X DDR4@2545MHz 15-16-16-30-401-1T
Mobo: Z170-D3H(F4 BIOS,F5 BadOC)

1 user liked this post.
#90 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 11:06:01 PM(UTC)
Managed a 2:25.779 in the Ferrari 575M. I'll try some more competitive cars later - at the moment I need to learn the course properly as that's what's slowing me down.
 2 users liked this post.
#91 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 11:12:27 PM(UTC)
2:17.938 in the Ford GT. Had a few dirty laps almost in the 16's but those last few corners keep catching me out. Used a tune by my friend LazyCalf7173411

Some tricky sections here but it's a pretty fun track.
 3 users liked this post.
#92 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2019 7:06:41 AM(UTC)
Well before I get too self indulgent running my own paints I thought I’d get to know the track using Zepp’s BMW M1 😉

Took 3 attempts to get a clean lap and recorded a 2:29.6xx

Only had time for a couple more runs but currently sitting at a modest 2:27.181 - early doors but the car feels really smooth to drive, looking forward to an early hours session with it tomorrow morning.....

FH4 / FH3
 1 user liked this post.
#93 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2019 8:12:28 AM(UTC)
Man, I truly appreciate you guys giving my car a try. And the kind words. Like I wrote earlier, I have been blindly playing around with cars on here for so long I've lost site of how I used to tune for really trying, lol.

I will be trying a bunch of you guys' cars out, and building/sharing everything I build. But again, thank you guys for driving it! So happy these are back!
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 2 users liked this post.
#94 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2019 8:35:47 AM(UTC)
After getting the track memorized got down to 2:19.957 in a Ford GT.
 2 users liked this post.
#95 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2019 2:30:37 PM(UTC)
I’m persevering with the EB110 and managed a 2:17.337 - one of those routes that looks relatively easy but dirties WAY too often!

Edit: now down to 2:16.470 in the EB110 still... using Grandma Driving’s tune

Edited by user Saturday, September 21, 2019 1:54:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

15/15 = 93%
 2 users liked this post.
#96 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2019 12:51:14 AM(UTC)
Man, I truly appreciate you guys giving my car a try.

Getting to know the car and track....... 2:19.6xx as of last night but I completely naused up the start so I’d hope to get it to a low 19 or high 18 🤞🏾

**edit** - BMW M1 2:18.906 with a few more tenths left in it…

Edited by user Saturday, September 21, 2019 8:30:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FH4 / FH3
#97 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2019 9:49:10 AM(UTC)
2.16.837 in the Countach (Rocklxd tune). Takes some getting used to!

Edit - and down a bit further in the Ford GT - 2.16.270.

Edited by user Saturday, September 21, 2019 10:49:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#98 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2019 8:40:09 AM(UTC)
I got all excited for going to the track yesterday, I posted on the FM7 HLC thread! Lol, hey, its racin'!

So I built and shared a countach and a couple S7s, V2 felt really solid, i know theres more than what I can get out of it, although I've not run more yet.

Anyway, sorry for my mis-post!
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
#99 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2019 12:09:55 PM(UTC)
Gave up trying to build a competitive Ferrari 360 so swapped the the Ford GT - 2:22.976
 1 user liked this post.
#100 Posted : Monday, September 23, 2019 2:55:26 PM(UTC)
I got all excited for going to the track yesterday, I posted on the FM7 HLC thread! Lol, hey, its racin'!

So I built and shared a countach and a couple S7s, V2 felt really solid, i know theres more than what I can get out of it, although I've not run more yet.

Anyway, sorry for my mis-post!

I’ve had a couple of runs in the Saleen. Best I managed was a 2.19.1 which was pretty much as quick as I think I could go in that. Nice drive but probably needs a bit more acceleration for this course.

I had a few more goes in the M1 by the way and got that down to a 2.18.3. Think I could probably push that to a high 2.17 but that would be it’s limit (with me as driver at least).

I’m down to a 2.15.0 overall now. Have some more time in hand I think but not the 2.5 seconds I need to catch the leaders! Will wait for others to catch me before I do any more runs for now.
10 Pages<<23456>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error