This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123Prev
#51 Posted : Tuesday, September 17, 2019 9:03:00 AM(UTC)
Old thread I know but I'm playing through it for the 100% right now and Stories of Motorsport is even lazier than FH2 with it's events, at least FH2 would have a couple of different races in some car classes, this is the same 4/5/6 races regardless of which of the 6 divisions you choose, it makes zero sense racing a D400 Lotus Eleven on a certain track + length then switching to Hypercars and an R880 Veneno and being given the exact same sequence of races on the same tracks and the same length.

I am absolutely loving the game but that hasn't clouded my judgment of how lazy this particular thing is, since you repeat the same sequence of races 6 times that makes the actual number of unique races for Stories of Motorsport 83, utterly pathetic and could be even less as some series repeat the same track + length from other ones.

And why are so many tracks unused? Monza Short, all Alps reverse circuits, COTA East + West, Long Beach West (wouldn't want it to be used anyway though I don't know why it's even in the game), Rio Coast + Mountain + Mini, Road America East and all of Yas besides the Full Circuit, all of them are never raced once in it, what's the point of having them if you're not going to use them? None of those there would be popular in multiplayer either so that rules that out.

Perhaps I'm a little spoilt as my last 2 FM's were 3 + 4 which had great careers but frankly this one is awful, such a shame as the 1st journey through the series + volumes is excellent, I was itching to do it again in different cars + tracks until it dawned on me after deciding to do the 1st series in the 1st volume twice in a row and seeing the same races that this is how every series in every volume is.

Such a shame, my apologies for resurrecting an old thread but I had to air my disgust about this somewhere, was it really asking so much to change SOMETHING between divisions in a series? Even just the number of laps?

If FM5's career was any worse than this which I think it was from reading around then kudos to anyone that slogged through that, and I sure hope 7's career hasn't repeated the same tricks this one has.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 17, 2019 11:40:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: .

3 Pages123Prev

Notification

Icon
Error