This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
20 Pages<<181920Prev
#476 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2020 8:07:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ToreDL87 Go to Quoted Post
As for attempting clean races with RWD just on the very edge of control like a true gentleman I've just about had it, having built a sort of blackbird porsche trying to get the BMW E92 M3 GTS challenge done, entering a corner in braking contest on the very edge of control, and if the silly tot up front isnt brake checking me or cutting into my line he has no chance to clear from that position, I heel & toe, feathering the brake pedal between caliper lockup and grip, flick it in and just keeping it between slide and grip to get the nose pointing out of the corner, and just when I floor it (when a Porsche is dangerous if unsettled) the AI proceeds to just RAM right into me spinning me into the wall.
And when I finally get it right, exiting corner in the EXACT perfect position to out-accelerate whoever is out front, on a nice wide long straight = They rubberband and then accelerates like bats right out of hell.

I then go back and tune the car, sacrificing grip for acceleration based on the abilities of the cars that the AI had the first go-around, nope they rubberband again+corner even better despite horrendous racing lines.

Edit 2 or 3 (cant remember at this point): And, perhaps unrelated, but it doesn't exactly help: Do we get to change & upgrade cars in the event or do we have to completely quit the event, spawn like pfffff 50 miles away, then drive back to the event area?
Oh, yep yep yep spawn 50 miles away, change car, go to festival to upgrade, and HOPE TO GOD IT'S UPGRADED RIGHT, then drive back and fail again anyway, sorry, my mistake how could I forget :)
And THEn there's the rally and trophy truck stuff, whatever car I grab the Ai does 10x better and has perfect traction through dooooodgy as heee*k corners and apparently has aircraft control surfaces through jumps, IRL you dont jump around like that even in the most grueling of rallies, you want the car to last.

Fixed any of that? Nope, but they got no issues adding lots of emoji's and social avatar doohickery.
Just when I thought I had the bunch of that spastic stuff unlocked so I can finally get to unlock all the thicc cars, maybe even Trueno if permissible (because apparently I dont get to auction snipe like everyone else in the world), NOPE another batch of emoji stuff just to make sure I don't have any fun with the game, my bad again.
Sorry for the rant but the game has been out ages and they've fixed none of the bugs that makes the game soooo annoying for any playtime length more than 1hr at a time.

I find the Physics in this game is awful to begin with, so don't beat yourself too hard about it...
I will let you know a secret....99.99999% of the people in this game all had their car swapped to 4WD anyways which is stupid....another reason why while you're racing online you see everyone launches their car so fast and EZ and going through corners as if nothing.
I for one sticks to the original drivetrain for most cars, unless I'm doing a special heavy mod for the car. But most the time it's still close to original, I don't swap the engine either.

Actually you don't have to drive miles back to your house to do the modification, you can just Fast Travel to it or anywhere on the map actually.
If you've unlock the feature of course, it's one of the Mansions you have to buy.
 1 user liked this post.
#477 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2020 9:18:24 PM(UTC)
For car tune, you go in pause menu, car , tune, there is a button for load tune, search for the expected category, download.
NB :
- If you are using your own tune, consider saving it before downloading a new one
- if you are already using tune of someone else, you will need to force removing current tune before downloading a new one

Up to me physics have been eased so much that we are more and more closing to mariokart.

Issue with RWD is that it is more effective during the race than at race start. Because of that, it's incompatible with racing against FH4 drivatars which will run away from you from the very start. That's why everyone is switching to AWD, race starts conditions keeping with rammers / drivatars vs being ahead of those.

if you wish to race RWD, custom championship no collision, no freeroam A or S1. At playing hours ( evening ) there are often people to there, and you can have a good game. no collision kills a bit the experience but still much better than trying to have fun with RWD on a regular offline or online race

Using stock engine, or totally stock car is a good challenge but you have to find mates willing to do the same, this game is unable to make such matchmaking, not even able to matchmaking players with the same difficulty level settings so ...

FH4 team sees FH as a NFS Fortnite thing, don't expect them to improve anything on racing feature, they are not interested. Car enthusiastic left the game crew months ago ... be careful about FH5, we are many to foresee as worse.

Edited by user Thursday, April 23, 2020 1:49:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#478 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 7:23:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WaR Pr13sT Go to Quoted Post
I find the Physics in this game is awful to begin with, so don't beat yourself too hard about it...

If you don't care about racing those cheating Drivatards, just to enjoy the drive... not that bad.

Originally Posted by: WaR Pr13sT Go to Quoted Post
I will let you know a secret....99.99999% of the people in this game all had their car swapped to 4WD anyways which is stupid....another reason why while you're racing online you see everyone launches their car so fast and EZ and going through corners as if nothing.

Recommended reading: Awd too op

Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
FH4 team sees FH as a NFS Fortnite thing, don't expect them to improve anything on racing feature, they are not interested. Car enthusiastic left the game crew months ago ... be careful about FH5, we are many to foresee as worse.

I'd like to see some comments on this subject. Feedback is appreciated.
#479 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 9:19:01 AM(UTC)
It’s no secret, RWD is faster in perfect conditions, but the short races are an incentive for AWD.
#480 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 9:37:50 AM(UTC)
the days of rwd dominance multiplayer races were left with fh2.
2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
#481 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2020 8:37:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RashestQuasar99 Go to Quoted Post
It’s no secret, RWD is faster in perfect conditions, but the short races are an incentive for AWD.

It's completely unfair, RWD launches way slower most the time, I tend to drop least 2 - 3 position because of this even I tuned the car well without wheelspin, I still have to control the throttle and can't just full out like 4WD. ( I'm using controller so there's a limit how much I can control )

Secondly, through corners I really really must be discipline with my throttle when exiting or even hard breaking entering corners.
For 4WD....not a care in the world....

But 4WD least in my experience and actually it does too in real life actually. Unless you have a really good " traction control " let's put it that way.
It understeers like a boss ! I wish we have the GT-R's ATTESA system in the game lol.
#482 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2020 7:22:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XCELRATE Go to Quoted Post
the days of rwd dominance multiplayer races were left with fh2.

All thanks to cross country races
20 Pages<<181920Prev

Notification

Icon
Error