This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
21 Pages<<192021Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#501 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 2:07:17 PM(UTC)
🎹 Built a BRAT.... watched it run.... gave it the day in the sun..... 🎼

Lots of testing today. My sleeper car is the Mitsubishi Starion.....

🎹 Take you where you want to be..... 🎼
#502 Posted : Saturday, February 22, 2020 5:17:56 AM(UTC)
Got about 5 laps in this morning in a NA6 dolled up to look like what mine would look like if I had money and time. Build's still in flux, and the base setup needs a lot of work. May be it for the week for me, however; got a lot of stuff that needs to get done this weekend.

Current best: 1:36.3-something.
#503 Posted : Saturday, February 22, 2020 1:37:46 PM(UTC)
01:32.9 MX5. 👍
 1 user liked this post.
#504 Posted : Saturday, February 22, 2020 4:39:00 PM(UTC)
Burnin chose wisely..... 1:38:898 😎
 2 users liked this post.
#505 Posted : Saturday, February 22, 2020 4:55:17 PM(UTC)
Definitely the Miata, I just couldn't find one with enough power so I built my own. Got tired of running over the rear wing laying out in the middle of the track so I took it off and gained 0.5 sec :-).

1:32.880 in a stock looking 243 HP sleeper that weighs less than 2K.

Crash
 2 users liked this post.
#506 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2020 4:36:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: crash220 Go to Quoted Post
1:32.880 in a stock looking 243 HP sleeper that weighs less than 2K.

Did you keep the daisies (stock wheels)? I've gone back and forth about it, both in game and in real life. They're ugly as sin and just scream "I WAS DESIGNED IN THE '80S!", but they're "period correct" and (in real life, at least) very lightweight. Just a hair over 12lbs each. Getting hard to find decent tires for 14"s, though.

My build's a bit of a middle ground; 205 horses, around 2150 lbs. All stock-looking except the wheels (which are the nearest in-game equivalent to the now-discontinued Konig Helix-es that I really wanted to get). Could do with a bit wider rubber, but 195 is the widest square setup available, so that's what it's getting.

==

Edit to add:

Made some minor refinements to the setup. Camber's coming out weird (-1.8F/-2.3R), but the car's fairly well-balanced as long as you don't upset it. Uploaded as HLC18 LB v0.3. Going to try to get the rear to transition a little more smoothly, but may run out of time before I get it sorted.

Current best: 1:34.885

Edited by user Sunday, February 23, 2020 6:09:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#507 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2020 8:58:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: crash220 Go to Quoted Post

stock looking 243 HP sleeper that weighs less than 2K

.....nice job....👍

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#508 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2020 9:02:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Pinstripes Go to Quoted Post
Did you keep the daisies (stock wheels)?

I tried, the game just favors heavy low profile. My theory is two fold:
one - the low profile gives you a slightly wider contact patch so you can tune the tire size between sizes
two - PI gets set off lateral g (grip rating) and 0-60/0-100 times (acceleration rating) so if very dependent total mass. Game still tracks spung/un-sprung mass. Mass carried in heavy wheels and or brakes can't weight transfer in a corner until you start traction rolling and lift it off the track. More even distribution of load = more grip in the math model.

Down to 1:32.345 in v2 with some damper tweaks. 1:31 is definitely possible if I could just figure out how to get it consistent transitioning off the brakes and back on to the throttle. Drive it in too hard and the front lets go and you smack the outside wall, back off a little and the rear comes around too fast and you hit the inside wall. Get it right and you can feel the tires smoothly load and unload. Yours definitely feels better on the wheel but I just need power on this track for some reason. I think it has a lot to do with my F100 on drag slicks with 8.6 accel that set my line on this track in C class back in FM5.

Crash
21 Pages<<192021Prev

Notification

Icon
Error