This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
6 Pages<<456Prev
#126 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2019 9:29:55 PM(UTC)
Current positions:

Ang3l (Hoonigan RS200) - 2.33.787 (WR8)
Jezza (same) - 2.34.054 (WR9)
Rayne (same) 2.35.105 (WR15)
Midnyte (same) 2.35.856 (WR16)
BlevinsM (same) 2.43.130 (WR57)
Galaxie (same) 2.43.340 (WR59)
Hanson (Opel Manta) 2.48.302 (WR97)
ForbiddenBeef (Metro) 2.55.576 (WR152)

Apologies if I’ve missed anyone. Think it’s fair to say the Hoonigan RS200 is probably best in class! The only cars ahead of Ang3l and me are five Boneshakers, a Lola and a Ford Custom 32.

Highest placed who hasn’t previously picked would therefore be BlevinsM, if positions stay as they are.[/quote]

I got one clean run in this week, one. Little disappointed, but works been a real pain these last few days. Looking forward to the HLC as well as a continuation of this if folks are up to it...
I'm totally ok with someone else picking cause I'm not very good at those types of things...just sayin....
#127 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2019 11:15:07 PM(UTC)
Great lap over on the island Jezza, that’s gonna be really tough for me to match! (Although I did get a new PB chasing your ghost, 1:08.769, which is way better than I expected)

Your lap looked flawless this time around, I only managed to get ahead of your ghost 3 or 4 times. Once on the first corner and a couple times in corners 3 and 4ish by cutting the corners more aggressively.

By the way if y’all wanna just ignore my time on GRT... I kinda gave up after tapping a wall in the last 10-20% of the race like 5 tries in a row :/
#128 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 6:20:34 AM(UTC)
Yeah, that was a solid run. From memory, I think I felt that there was a little more time I could have gained in the technical section near the start (probably where you catch me) and again on the quick left hander three from home. The rest felt pretty good though.
#129 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 8:51:18 AM(UTC)
Hi Jezza,
Here are the screenshots you requested:

**WATERHEAD SPRINT** final standings

**GLEN RANNOCH TRAIL** (current)

I’ve improved a couple of tenths since I took that but seeing as you’re letting it run for a couple more days I won’t update until you’ve called it…

FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
#130 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 9:11:27 AM(UTC)
Cheers for posting those Midnyte!
#131 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 9:25:37 AM(UTC)
Nice work guys. Lots of respect for you top runners. Amazing driving skills and tunes.
#132 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 9:07:20 PM(UTC)
New WR over on the island, 1:08.101. I owe TotallyTokin a lotta credit for that, I used his strategy for the first turn. Definitely wouldn’t have thought to try that or expected it to work if I hadn’t raced his ghost.

Anyways I fully expect one of you to set a time in the 1:07’s.

(By the way I used the same tune as before, “riv v4 2 grippy?” Feel free to give it a try, it’ll should do a 1:08.00 or faster with a better driver than myself)
#133 Posted : Saturday, September 7, 2019 2:14:25 AM(UTC)
Congratulations ForbiddenBeef! First WR1 time on the thread. Just followed you around and I see what you mean about the quicker route at turn 1. Looks a pretty flawless run generally though so I doubt I could beat it.
#134 Posted : Monday, September 9, 2019 5:48:42 PM(UTC)
Woah. I just checked the LB.. I knew someone would beat my time but I wasn’t expecting it to get this completely demolished! Rayne is now OVER A SECOND ahead of me with a 1:06.900.

Bout to race his ghost, hopefully I can keep up enough to take some notes!

Edit: stayed off-track way longer than me after corner one, similar to that Elise ghost. I’m guessing that’s for higher entry speed to the s-curves. That’s a tough line, I couldn’t nail it so I just got back on track as quick as I could without lifting.

Also I’m pretty sure Rayne went around that light pole after the third 90 degree turn, but it was hard to watch due to being quite far back at that point... Raynes ghost goes from far away to very far away so quickly on that straight. I’m guessing stock tires? I’d been thinking earlier this week stocks could work if speed could be kept up enough for the aero to make up for the less grippy tires.. but driving fast/perfect enough to even test that theory was beyond me.

TLDR= impressive lap, sorry for over analyzing it so much!

Edited by user Monday, September 9, 2019 6:13:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#135 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2019 12:50:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ForbiddenBeef21 Go to Quoted Post
Woah. I just checked the LB.. I knew someone would beat my time but I wasn’t expecting it to get this completely demolished! Rayne is now OVER A SECOND ahead of me with a 1:06.900.

Bout to race his ghost, hopefully I can keep up enough to take some notes!

Edit: stayed off-track way longer than me after corner one, similar to that Elise ghost. I’m guessing that’s for higher entry speed to the s-curves. That’s a tough line, I couldn’t nail it so I just got back on track as quick as I could without lifting.

Also I’m pretty sure Rayne went around that light pole after the third 90 degree turn, but it was hard to watch due to being quite far back at that point... Raynes ghost goes from far away to very far away so quickly on that straight. I’m guessing stock tires? I’d been thinking earlier this week stocks could work if speed could be kept up enough for the aero to make up for the less grippy tires.. but driving fast/perfect enough to even test that theory was beyond me.

TLDR= impressive lap, sorry for over analyzing it so much!

After I've seen your take on turn 1 I decided to give it another go. Going wide on turn 1 gave me better entry into the s-curves.
I also ran outside the light pole but it was extremely tough to not clip it, crash into a tree, crash into the barrier and keep the car straight.
My build uses race tires, centrifugal supercharger and only rear-aero. That's why you pulled ahead in the s-curves and I had way more speed on the straights. Gears were aligned for the track to minimize shifting (only gear 3-5). Although it's AWD it's very unsteady and quite difficult. Its upside is the additional power. Used it on the reversed layout Rivals too and got #1 with a 0.6 seconds gap within 7 laps. Definitely a working build ;)
#136 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 1:53:36 AM(UTC)
Great time Rayne!

Midnyte - would you mind posting a final version of the GRT list and I’ll close that one? I lost to Angel by 0.1 seconds which is mildly frustrating!

If anyone wants to suggest an event/class/car type to leave up for a while whilst the HLC is ongoing, feel free to make a suggestion. Probably best to go back to a road event.

#137 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 1:04:00 PM(UTC)
What about C class 1990’s? When I was looking at the car list the other day it seemed like a pretty good group; I didn’t see anything that’d have an obvious huge advantage but someone else should probs double check that.

I’m down for any circuit. In particular there’s a couple in the town area on the north end of the map and a couple in the woods southish of GRT I’ve been meaning to do laps on.

No matter what it ends up being though, I’m probably gonna spend some time trying a no front aero build... ;)
#138 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 1:08:45 PM(UTC)
1999s C class is a great idea although I haven’t checked cars. Unless I have thoughts to the contrary, I’ll set that up in the next day or so.
#139 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 10:42:49 PM(UTC)
90s C-class sounds good. I would've proposed A800 SUV Heroes on Greendale Foothills Scramble which is practically a road race ;)
#140 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 10:28:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
1999s C class is a great idea although I haven’t checked cars. Unless I have thoughts to the contrary, I’ll set that up in the next day or so.

Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
90s C-class sounds good. I would've proposed A800 SUV Heroes on Greendale Foothills Scramble which is practically a road race ;)

Both options sound fun, I'll happily have a run at it and play "gatekeeper" for everyone else.
C Class might be fun if you can find a route that doesn't have a Peel or Tractor dominating the top of the leaderboard.
#141 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 3:26:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post

I like both idea's. Out of curiousity i decided to give your idea a run seeing as i haven't done the rivals race yet.

The leaderboard of course is chock full of BS times with the top around 1:26 or thereabouts. I couldn't see any A800 SUV Hero times in the top 300, may have missed one though.

Set a time of 1:30:809 (i think) with a ranking around 86 (not on Xbox1X at moment so guessing) in a Porsche Macron Turbo.

I know you will push it and get higher but i don't think many will get too much shaved off that time.

Interesting to see what Jezza comes up with.
#142 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 5:05:00 PM(UTC)
I’d be down for SUVs. I care more about circuit vs non-circuit tbh bc my attention span can’t handle non-lapable rivals. But tbh no need to cater track choice to my ADD, more important that everyone thinks the event is fun.

But anyways SUVs: I’m curious how the new Macan compares to the old one, I haven’t messed with it much yet. It’s missing some upgrade I really like on the old Macan (smaller rims, widebody, PI reducing lights/bumper) but it’s has a bigger turbo and stats look comparable.

Some of these SUVs can be super fun on paved courses, lotsa tire and lotsa power!
#143 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 10:53:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ForbiddenBeef21 Go to Quoted Post
I’d be down for SUVs. I care more about circuit vs non-circuit tbh bc my attention span can’t handle non-lapable rivals. But tbh no need to cater track choice to my ADD, more important that everyone thinks the event is fun.

But anyways SUVs: I’m curious how the new Macan compares to the old one, I haven’t messed with it much yet. It’s missing some upgrade I really like on the old Macan (smaller rims, widebody, PI reducing lights/bumper) but it’s has a bigger turbo and stats look comparable.

Some of these SUVs can be super fun on paved courses, lotsa tire and lotsa power!

Greendale Foothills Scramble should be a circuit race because like you I prefer hotlapping lapped races instead of sprints. Sometimes I mix the English names because I don't remember them correctly (playing with German client). Judging by the time of wwwREXwww it should be the circuit I intended.

SUVs on A800 offer a lot of fun in building & tuning because there are countless variations to run. Engine swaps, tire compounds, widebody, finding the right spot between road-focussed and dirt-focussed suspension/tires. That's why I combined this category with that circuit. I simply don't know which tire compound is going to be the fastest.

Regarding pure road builds I created a "standard" 1/65 rear-aero 19' Macan yesterday and ran it on my own test track. It has the best power/weight ratio in its class due to the engine swap (M-B C63 BS) and starting below Sports tires.
Lap times (all run with the fastest build I could come up with):
'19 Porsche Macan V8 rear-aero: 6:39.102.
'15 Porsche Macan V8 widebody rear-aero: 6:39.502
'18 Porsche Cayenne V10 rear-aero: 6:39.702.
Lamborghini Urus Concept V10 widebody rear-aero: 6:40.768

Although it snagged #1 for A800 SUV it's perfectly balanced.
The '15 Macan negates its worse power/weight ratio through the higher cornering speeds and better stability gained by the massive rear tires which are possible with the widebody.
The '18 Cayenne V10 is the stability monster of A800 SUV because of the chassis and Sports tires. BUT only with the V10 and perfectly adjusted 8 gears. With the stock engine it's ~7(!) seconds slower.
The Urus Concept should be the king by looking at the raw stats. Highest grip, way better power/weight ratio than the '18 Cayenne but it gets butchered by its drag coefficient. The acceleration is horrible.

Those 4 are the ones I'm betting on for the event but maybe there is a sleeper waiting to be discovered.

Edited by user Thursday, September 12, 2019 10:58:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#144 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 11:32:08 PM(UTC)
Well, I’m persuaded. Let’s go for A800 SUV Heroes at Greendale Foothills Scramble.
#145 Posted : Thursday, September 12, 2019 11:44:18 PM(UTC)
Ah ok I think I was confused earlier about which course Rayne was talking about. Looking at it on the map now though and remembering this is a fun circuit!

Also I forgot how fun some of the swaps are in some of these SUVs. I sorta don’t even care if it’s competitive or not, I love that I can throw an AMG Black or Ferrari v8 into a giant SUV.
#146 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 8:53:26 PM(UTC)
Soz, not been on for a couple of days 🙂

**GLEN RANNOCH TRAIL** (final standings)

FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
#147 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2019 1:33:08 AM(UTC)
Cheers Midnyte 👍. I’ve also updated the thread to reflect Ang3l’s win and to add the ongoing event. Will try and do some runs over the weekend!
#148 Posted : Saturday, September 14, 2019 5:59:48 AM(UTC)
Wow
Street Racing Killer.
Spinning ain't winning.
6 Pages<<456Prev

Notification

Icon
Error