This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
 6 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2019 3:56:55 PM(UTC)
FIX the damn game start volume !!!!!
If I have my win10 volume at 30% why is FH4 game start intro logo volume at 200% ?????
 3 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2019 7:08:15 PM(UTC)
Lol yeah, it's like that on Xbox as well. I don't put my headset on until after I've loaded into the game. FH3 was like this too.

🇨🇦
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 10/22/2293 12:42:28 PM(UTC)
#3 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2019 2:26:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ZeeFoXro Go to Quoted Post
If I have my win10 volume at 30% why is FH4 game start intro logo volume at 200% ?????

You can always submit suggestions & feedback here under the relevant form.
#4 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2019 5:30:16 AM(UTC)
If I'm not mistaken the 2 intro scenes are videos with fixed volume "baked in".

Would be nice if you could just skip them.
 4 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2019 5:48:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hst12 Go to Quoted Post

Itd be nice if we could skip the first splash screen asking us to press A too. Since it serves no functional purpose besides wasting our time on boot up
#6 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2019 6:03:06 AM(UTC)

AMEN! I can't stand how loud the intro is. Especially with a headset
#7 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2019 10:49:51 AM(UTC)
It's not that loud. The first thing I do after I see this

is is mute global audio and tab back out to my browser or whatever until it's done, only tabbing in to spam enter/A.
 2 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 12:17:36 PM(UTC)
This has most likely been brought up before, but here it comes again.

Why is it that the start up music for FH4 is 10 times louder than any other game, and while we're at it, why must it be eardeafening when using headphones?

Can't even hear partymembers if I'm in a party, let alone hear myself..

Has this not been an issue since at least FM5?
 2 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 1:00:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Granola Avenger Go to Quoted Post

Itd be nice if we could skip the first splash screen asking us to press A too. Since it serves no functional purpose besides wasting our time on boot up

AGREED 100%.

I wish there was a command line option to skip everything and go to the game straight away. If you own Car Pass / Ultimate edition, it takes ages to go between first OK and second one, spending even more time than needed.
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 3:51:48 PM(UTC)
LOL! One of MANY audio issues in this game. I swear the pretengineer / pretengineers are deaf.
#11 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 10:04:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post

You can always submit suggestions & feedback here under the relevant form.

Sure, so they can be tallied up to what is the most important to work on first for the WHOLE team vs certain SPECIALIZED sections of said team.
#12 Posted : Saturday, September 7, 2019 4:28:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Granola Avenger Go to Quoted Post

The purpose is for signing a user into the game if they aren't signed in. Seeing as every game does this it may well not be a simple thing to skip since it's the way Xbox One/Live works.

Also volume may be louder at the start since it has not signed the user into the game until pressing A (then it will load that user's preferences).

Edited by user Saturday, September 7, 2019 4:30:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2019 2:20:23 AM(UTC)
This will not be fixed.
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2019 1:59:08 PM(UTC)
Do people not know where their volume controls or mute button is
 2 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 6:39:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post

That's not the point. The point is that The intros are much louder and engineered much better than the rest of the game. There's no reason that we should have to turn it down just for the intro. I have to turn everything but the car down in the audio mixer just to get somewhere close to a natural feel. Every channel is pushed to 11 and overprocessed for no good reason. It's as if the silly loudness war has crept in. A bit to much influence from their EDM pals I assume. EDM is the worst engineered music in the history of music btw. It's just awful on everything.
#16 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2019 1:47:20 AM(UTC)
[Bug Report] Inconsistent volume level between cutscene and gameplay

Cutscene: Fortune Island's lightning.
Gameplay: A McLaren revving the engine.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FZTnMPrcnwdr9gdK6

Follow-Up

Edited by user Tuesday, October 29, 2019 9:32:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#17 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2019 4:31:07 AM(UTC)
If you're on Windows 10 set the volume via the game bar (winkey + g) and it remembers it between sessions.
#18 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2019 7:11:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Flexman Esq Go to Quoted Post
If you're on Windows 10 set the volume via the game bar (winkey + g) and it remembers it between sessions.

This does not solve the real problem which is how poorly the game is mixed. We have to turn the volume down and then back up in order for the car engines to be loud and immersive. At the very least the car engines should be as loud and engineered as well as the ones in the intro or vice versa. Audio is getting better tho. The LEGO 911 and 718 GTS are proof of that. Those 2 are as loud as the intro is for sure. If you choose one of the classic muscle cars right away tho the sound of them is REALLY weak compared to the intro.
#19 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2019 8:09:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: teksenic Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post

That's not the point. The point is that The intros are much louder and engineered much better than the rest of the game. There's no reason that we should have to turn it down just for the intro. I have to turn everything but the car down in the audio mixer just to get somewhere close to a natural feel. Every channel is pushed to 11 and overprocessed for no good reason. It's as if the silly loudness war has crept in. A bit to much influence from their EDM pals I assume. EDM is the worst engineered music in the history of music btw. It's just awful on everything.

First off I highly doubt any “EDM pals” had anything to do with the sound level of the intro screens. I would love to know how you came to that conclusion.

Second, EDM music is the best engineered music. It’s literally all engineered. Every single sound is engineered. Listen to any ODESZA, Flume, Mt Eden, Petite Biscuit song and tell me they aren’t great. Sorry if you don’t like EDM music, people have their own taste, but to say it’s the worse engineered music in the history of music? That’s laughable.

Flume alone has 2 Gold and 3 Platinum certifications on his only 2 studio albums. What have you got?
#20 Posted : Monday, October 7, 2019 8:40:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
First off I highly doubt any “EDM pals” had anything to do with the sound level of the intro screens. I would love to know how you came to that conclusion.

Second, EDM music is the best engineered music. It’s literally all engineered. Every single sound is engineered. Listen to any ODESZA, Flume, Mt Eden, Petite Biscuit song and tell me they aren’t great. Sorry if you don’t like EDM music, people have their own taste, but to say it’s the worse engineered music in the history of music? That’s laughable.

Flume alone has 2 Gold and 3 Platinum certifications on his only 2 studio albums. What have you got?

LOL! Nearly all pro level engineers will wholeheartedly disagree with you. All the EDM engineers push their masters to stupidly high levels for no good reason, and the sound suffers greatly in the process. There is NO good reason for the master to be -3 LUFS with a DR of 2. All you get there is obnoxious upper mids and high end with very little low end. It just feels thin. I have yet to hear any EDM that is engineered as well as the most recent APC or TOOL albums. Game and Movie audio shouldn't be engineered like music at all. There's a reason that Dolby atmos mixes have a lower overall integrated level than anything out there. BASS. IMMERSION. Those are very key elements in this type of audio. We get very little of that here. The intro of this game is mixed and engineered far better than most of the vehicle audio. I would much rather the entire mix have maximum dynamic range and make me turn the volume up than be able to hear all the mids, upper mids and high end at a very low volume level. That's just silly. Game sounds ok at low volume, but when you crank it it's just awful. Especially on a calibrated SVS system ( which I own ).

Edited by user Monday, October 7, 2019 1:06:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#21 Posted : Tuesday, October 8, 2019 7:48:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: teksenic Go to Quoted Post

LOL! Nearly all pro level engineers will wholeheartedly disagree with you. All the EDM engineers push their masters to stupidly high levels for no good reason, and the sound suffers greatly in the process. There is NO good reason for the master to be -3 LUFS with a DR of 2. All you get there is obnoxious upper mids and high end with very little low end. It just feels thin. I have yet to hear any EDM that is engineered as well as the most recent APC or TOOL albums. Game and Movie audio shouldn't be engineered like music at all. There's a reason that Dolby atmos mixes have a lower overall integrated level than anything out there. BASS. IMMERSION. Those are very key elements in this type of audio. We get very little of that here. The intro of this game is mixed and engineered far better than most of the vehicle audio. I would much rather the entire mix have maximum dynamic range and make me turn the volume up than be able to hear all the mids, upper mids and high end at a very low volume level. That's just silly. Game sounds ok at low volume, but when you crank it it's just awful. Especially on a calibrated SVS system ( which I own ).

Right, so which pro level engineers have said this exactly?

I don’t know how you listen to your music, but EDM in my car and sound system sound great. Plenty of low end with the right equalizer settings.

The game sound shouldn’t be mixed like music, you’re right, but that has nothing to do with EDM music.
#22 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2019 9:46:04 AM(UTC)

Right, so which pro level engineers have said this exactly?

I don’t know how you listen to your music, but EDM in my car and sound system sound great. Plenty of low end with the right equalizer settings.

The game sound shouldn’t be mixed like music, you’re right, but that has nothing to do with EDM music.

It's currently mixed and engineered very much like EDM. Lacking warmth, weight, and dynamic range ( at least the car audio is). Far as Engineers go, Bob Katz isn't a fan. Neither is Ludwig. Albini hates it. Alge isn't a fan. Clearmountain. Just a couple off the top of the list. I have listened to it in my car ( Equipped with Rockford Fosgate Power all the way around) and it has much less low end than any of the 80s and 90s rap I prefer to listen to. Doesn't have anywhere near as much low end as some modern stuff ( Kill Shot - Eminem for example ). You're barkin up the wrong tree here bud. I engineered the stuff for a good 10 years so I know exactly what goes into it.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 9, 2019 12:25:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#23 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2019 11:55:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FlashyClamp5213 Go to Quoted Post
[Bug Report] Inconsistent volume level between cutscene and gameplay

Cutscene: Fortune Island's lightning.
Gameplay: A McLaren revving the engine.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FZTnMPrcnwdr9gdK6

There's a temporary fix regarding the problem:
(version: from 1.359.918.2 to 1.367.746.2)

By muting the cutscene section entirely... quite simple and effective. Should have muted the start intro too.
* Only when "Home" -> "Settings" -> "Audio" -> "Steamer Mode": "On".

Though it doesn't solve the actual problem. (but at least... does make the volume level more consistent, in game at least)

And a new glitch (audio) likely (if not already exist before the update) to be introduced in the meantime...
Random occurences of audible glitch during driving.

Very likely to be related with the mixing of background environment sounds. And it doesn't seem to be vehicle related.
And I doubt it would be hardware/system-specific... (for you guys to confirm)

Details:
(tested vehicle, environment, etc.)

• "2011 Koenigsegg Agera" (in "Upgrade Heroes", "The Koenigsegg", the final part), cockpit view, high speed driving, season: Spring.
  • "2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS" (stock), cockpit view, the same route/season/driving as "The Koenigsegg", different time though.
  • "2016 Lamborghini Aventador LP750-4 SV" (stock), chase view, sitting idle in the wild. (more accurate time/location can be given if needed, though I suspect it's irrelevant...)
  • "2010 Rossion Q1" (stock), cockpit view, cruising at low speed (below 100 MPH).

Note:
The behavior didn't appear on "2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS" in the past. (version: 1.336.17.2, in "Top Gear", "Edinburgh Afternoon Drive", season: Autumn)

And I managed to have captured a few occurences during a single event (yes... multiple occurences within a few minutes), I may provide the recording later. (if still necessary... the problem doesn't appear hard to reproduce)

More details on the glitch itself:

• All captured occurrences of the glitch are silence gaps of exactly 0.01 s in length.
  • By removing the silence gaps, the audio can be almost perfectly restored (despite audio/video desynchronization).
  • Precisely the problem can be described as: Sudden audio loss of extremely brief period. May be related with this:
    Quote:
    FH4 Known Issues – Forza Support

Xbox
    • Xbox One - Audio - There are audio hitches that occur throughout the title. These are extremely brief periods of silence.

But I'm sure which doesn't exist at least in the Demo (Xbox One).

The problem seemed to aggravate in version: 1.367.746.2.

Edited by user Saturday, November 23, 2019 3:23:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Notification

Icon
Error