This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
78 Pages<<767778Prev
Rank: Driver's Permit
#1926 Posted : Saturday, May 23, 2020 1:09:13 PM(UTC)
i really stop playing games now, thanks for forza horizon.
Previously I spent my time playing FIFA Series. since 2013 and I stopped at FIFA 19.
I am fed up with the FIFA game because there is a match fixing or scrifting . I think all adult gamers will feel the same if their initial goal of playing games to be competitive, match fixing in FIFA is no longer a secret, they already know everything and many stop after knowing that.
and after in fifa I played forza horizon 4, how surprised I turned out forza horizon 4 also in rank adventure mode I felt a strange thing, I seemed to play not with humans. wow I think this is similar to match fixing in fifa.
and this is what makes me stop playing any game now.
how stupid we are being played by develover games.
but it is good for me, finally I can stop to play games and focus on work now.
once again thank you forza horizon 4.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#1927 Posted : Sunday, May 24, 2020 7:32:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Siaganmaya Go to Quoted Post
i really stop playing games now, thanks for forza horizon.
Previously I spent my time playing FIFA Series. since 2013 and I stopped at FIFA 19.
I am fed up with the FIFA game because there is a match fixing or scrifting . I think all adult gamers will feel the same if their initial goal of playing games to be competitive, match fixing in FIFA is no longer a secret, they already know everything and many stop after knowing that.
and after in fifa I played forza horizon 4, how surprised I turned out forza horizon 4 also in rank adventure mode I felt a strange thing, I seemed to play not with humans. wow I think this is similar to match fixing in fifa.
and this is what makes me stop playing any game now.
how stupid we are being played by develover games.
but it is good for me, finally I can stop to play games and focus on work now.
once again thank you forza horizon 4.


I have plenty of issues with FH4 but please don't insult it to such a degree that it's on the same level as FIFA.

The less realistic Horizon games are still better simulations of real driving than FIFA's pathetic yearly attempts at simulating football.

Horizon could have 0 licensed vehicles and still be a very good game, take the licenses out of FIFA and it would be exposed for the terrible game that it actually is, and that's coming from someone who played all but 2 FIFA's including it's spin-offs from 2003-2018.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#1928 Posted : Thursday, May 28, 2020 2:11:28 PM(UTC)
Here's what I consider a bad design... I just clicked on 'quickplay, join an unranked adventure'. It comes up and says a friend is playing online adventure, join them instead? Okay why not. Then it comes up S2 street racing, I think no thanks so I'll quit, but oh what's this? It's a RANKED adventure. So I lose rank by quitting. Didn't I previously click on UNranked? Oh... silly me. Or silly game?
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#1929 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2020 4:55:03 AM(UTC)
So I checked it this morning, looks like I lost about 40 points for quitting. A huge amount to lose at rank 5. I just played another round (S1 summer road), won the first race, second race at Horizon festival I started near the back, got to near the front then was bashed into the wall deliberately, stopping me dead. Ended up finishing 9th. Won the last race. Ended 3rd, tied on 44 with 1st and 2nd. Lost 6 more points because all the opponents were 7-10 rank. Would have won easily if not for the wrecker in the 2nd race.

As for finishing '3rd' even though I was on 44 points with 1st and 2nd, but unlike both of them, I'd won 2 out of the 3 races? So why not put me in 1st? Who knows how this game works.

Why do I bother? I'm not sure.

Edited by user Friday, May 29, 2020 5:12:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#1930 Posted : Saturday, May 30, 2020 9:41:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
So I checked it this morning, looks like I lost about 40 points for quitting. A huge amount to lose at rank 5. I just played another round (S1 summer road), won the first race, second race at Horizon festival I started near the back, got to near the front then was bashed into the wall deliberately, stopping me dead. Ended up finishing 9th. Won the last race. Ended 3rd, tied on 44 with 1st and 2nd. Lost 6 more points because all the opponents were 7-10 rank. Would have won easily if not for the wrecker in the 2nd race.

As for finishing '3rd' even though I was on 44 points with 1st and 2nd, but unlike both of them, I'd won 2 out of the 3 races? So why not put me in 1st? Who knows how this game works.

Why do I bother? I'm not sure.


Ranked will remain one of feature of FH I carefully avoided to get in, just doing qualification/playlist. I consider it toxic.

Up to me, the worst thing about ranked is it is educating players disrespect of others like creating a generation of players with high ramming skills and considering it is a top rated skill to have ( both doing and dodging).

Ranked is supposed to evaluate skills and is not considering the collisions ...

Negative points is making sense in theory but here, it is major, ultimate source for ramming ( win at all costs Senna's way ) and leaving ...

End of the day, not promoting good spirit gaming, not fun, not playing.




Rank: A-Class Racing License
#1931 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 12:28:38 AM(UTC)
You can’t really have a ranking system without having a risk of dropping positions. In any event, I think most of the ramming etc would still occur as players are concerned about winning each individual race - you can see in the trial and in team races where the result isn’t in doubt that the same behaviour occurs. The only way to change that is to have a system that rewards clean driving or heavily punishes bad driving.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#1932 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 10:23:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
You can’t really have a ranking system without having a risk of dropping positions. In any event, I think most of the ramming etc would still occur as players are concerned about winning each individual race - you can see in the trial and in team races where the result isn’t in doubt that the same behaviour occurs. The only way to change that is to have a system that rewards clean driving or heavily punishes bad driving.


Agree on the rank principle itself is inducing that one can go up and down. The rank drop on loss is just so huge that it is, up to me, the root cause for 40% of ramming, the other 40% I associate to no reward for clean racing, 20% remaining to mistake and players never getting the point. Up to me, the point loss should never exceed the number of points you would have gained winning the same cp.

There is no way to prevent people to close FH or unplug the internet, no way to distinguish between unplug the internet for internet went down, all that can be done is to give player the feeling that it is not worth going that way. No one likes to restart an app, no one likes to go for switching of his internet connection, so, the effort required for so must be superior to the impact of loosing a CP. Achieving this requires that loss of points is low and that there is some possible points to get from something else than winning the race, like ... racing clean for instance.

Less frustration, less aggressiveness, less leavers ... more fun !

Last, I think having a monthly leaderboard of ranked like the best racer of the month could be good thing. it would require to consider the number of CP left before finish, number of hits etc but it would allow new players to shine and have something more live than "All times hall of fame"
Rank: Driver's Permit
#1933 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2020 11:55:41 PM(UTC)
anyone ells then me that thinks free roam rush is the most retarded usless race concept ever ?!
78 Pages<<767778Prev

Notification

Icon
Error