This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
29 Pages<<272829Prev
 2 users liked this post.
#701 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2019 3:10:25 PM(UTC)
This week's Trial was good. It was a little on the easy side, but seriously, I'm not sure if it's a good idea to make Trials very difficult, for a couple reasons:

1) It's very difficult to play with your party unless you show up with five other people. Doing challenges with randies exposes yourself to grievers.
2) They take long to do, because you must do all three races even if you lose, and waiting for another session takes another two minutes depending on how lucky you get.

S2 Trials are very bad. AI is faster and teammates can't handle the cars. S1 is probably the sweet spot, although there are A and B class Trials which can be difficult.

Biggest problem though is locking new cars behind skill-based tasks such as the Trial or the PGG. In offline challenges, no matter how frustrating they are, you can cheese them with rewind and unorthodox PI, and you only need to race Highly Skilled Drivatars. Online is a different matter, though.

I helped a friend get the Divo sometime ago. That's just a 50% car and he was having trouble with it. Someone on his level would have much difficulty winning the Trial unless he was with a great team, and that's all about luck.

Edited by user Sunday, November 24, 2019 3:11:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 2 users liked this post.
#702 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2019 8:41:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post

1) It's very difficult to play with your party unless you show up with five other people. Doing challenges with randies exposes yourself to grievers..

That's my biggest opposition to mandatory multiplayer. My friends don't really play this anymore, and anonymity + audience invariably brings out the worst in people.
#703 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2019 3:05:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lowe0 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post

1) It's very difficult to play with your party unless you show up with five other people. Doing challenges with randies exposes yourself to grievers..

That's my biggest opposition to mandatory multiplayer. My friends don't really play this anymore, and anonymity + audience invariably brings out the worst in people.

TBH the game has seen a decline in players, and even sharper with the release of NFS. Yes it does have 12 million but that's unique gamertags (not even players), we can move that closer to 10 million, probably. Servers used to be consistently at 60+ players a year ago but now they need a good day to make it past 50, in a lobby with max 72 players.

Eliminator and Toyota will boost the playerbase again, but it'll probably be short-lived, by February there will be less players, provided no new significant content comes.

Painters I follow don't create content anymore. Some of them have resorted to simple designs to boost download counts. Under the numbers and the positivity there's a lot wrong with FH4. But it's fun to play so people tend to overlook these problems.

Heh, whatever, PG will just give Japan to people next gen and it won't matter if the Skyline GT-R has a horribly inaccurate sound.

Edited by user Monday, November 25, 2019 3:11:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#704 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2019 1:56:39 PM(UTC)
Started "The Trial" earlier and lost the war despite winning all three battles.

Second attempt, I had a much better team and we were taking the first five places on the first course until about 75% of the way around the track when the connection went down.

This exact same thing has happened on two other occasions on two other weeks recently when my team was placing in the top four or five places early on in "The Trial"

Seems a bit odd!

Edited by user Thursday, December 5, 2019 1:57:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#705 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2019 3:29:23 PM(UTC)
Have run the trial a few times, no issues but did once get kicked while waiting for players to join with 'session no longer exists'

Had fun, 17/21 wins for my stock looking 14" wheel AMC Hornet was entertaining, I think a lot of players underestimate the need to brake this week!
 2 users liked this post.
#706 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2020 10:21:10 AM(UTC)
I personally like the trial events and usually have no issues winning them. However it is extremely frustrating trying to get that new exclusive car when the majority of the community don't understand what a team event is. You can't win a team event when "your team" spend more time bashing each other off the road. The reward cars need to be put elsewhere that doesn't require these other morons to obtain.
#707 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2020 10:37:22 AM(UTC)
Also take a look here:

https://forums.forzamoto...--The-Trial--Races.aspx

Some drivers do not prepare properly for the trial .
 1 user liked this post.
#708 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2020 10:41:25 AM(UTC)
Yeah the last few I tried most of my teammates had stock cars not even close to the limit.
#709 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2020 10:46:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: quietguy47 Go to Quoted Post
Yeah the last few I tried most of my teammates had stock cars not even close to the limit.

Yeah, this month I think I had three bone stock cars in my team.

Though if the upcoming Performante is locked behind a Lamborghini S2 Trial, you'll see what true desperation feels like.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#710 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2020 11:37:30 AM(UTC)
#711 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2020 3:07:12 PM(UTC)
It would be spectacular if the Drivatars didn't use nefarious tactics like ramming. That's just teaching poor sportsmanship. Not sure if you guys got the memo, but that type of behavior is highly frowned on in real racing.
#712 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2020 6:24:59 PM(UTC)
Ooh a new exclusive car to win... Oh wait... A Trial event... *sigh*
#713 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2020 9:42:05 PM(UTC)
you guys do know that if some of your team mates have stock cars they have a matching opponent , all they need to do Is beat that equal opponent
if everyone beats there matching opponent you win
it's as easy as that
so if you have 4 people with stock cars, there is also 4 matching AI
or in your case 4 easily beatable opponents
#714 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2020 1:22:50 AM(UTC)
I don't mind the trial but I do mind the complete lack of racing skill of my "team mates".

Here's a quick tip, go to the trial event location, view the event flyer and go practice those tracks before entering the event.

Also don't turn up in some bone stock vehicle and quit half way through the first race.
29 Pages<<272829Prev

Notification

Icon
Error