This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
72 Pages<<707172Prev
#1776 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2020 5:41:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: grolschie Go to Quoted Post
I hate how with Forza games the car sounds always sound like 2 different samples being mixed together. You can hear 2 engines simultaneously. Annoying. The more you listen, the easier it is to hear. Then you can't unhear it.

I took a strange liking to it. I remember EA did it to create upgraded sounds in NFS Carbon.

I'm (not?) surprised people noticed this only now, though. I'd even say the majority of the sounds in the game are like this and, make no mistake, in the 360 games it was like this as well, you had (lots) of "base samples" and they would mix the sounds for different cars. I can spot BMW in the Aston Martin DB5 and Audi in the Delta S4, for example. I even think the highly praised R8 sound is an Audi V8 sound layered with a V10 of some sort (which is not inaccurate, because that's what the engine actually is).

Difference being that sound relies a lot on artistic direction, which recently Forza has shown a complete lack thereof, and leads us to bizarre things such as a 2000GT that sounds like a Hudson Hornet or a Supra A70 which doesn't feel too far off a diesel-powered car with its low-pitched sound. Or maybe even the Celicas sharing an engine and sounding completely different from one another.

im not hoping for any improvement in FH4 or future games, gran turismo and forza switched places and now forza is the bad sounding one...
72 Pages<<707172Prev

Notification

Icon
Error