This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123Prev
#51 Posted : Friday, October 4, 2019 3:59:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: opencamswrx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: silent0saint Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Blue028 Go to Quoted Post
I'll just leave this here...

FM7 Porsche vs Spa (controller)

considering I pretty much never play on a controller, id say the systems in place for controllers on forza are great, could they be improved? sure, but its not total garbage like some try to make it out to be.

Forza 6 has been the best so far IMO

Forza 7 is okay, but it's a pain when doing long bends. In 6 I was able to do them smoothly without and real issues. In Forza 7 though I always end up tapping the steering input just to get a somewhat smooth turn. When I enter these turns I gently move the stick to turn, which causes the car to slowly start turning, problem is it's too slow and I'd end up off track, so I move the stick a hair-width over, the car turns more but the problem is it keeps on turning as if I have the stick completely over to one side and want to make a sharp turn.

Forza 6 is a great game no doubt - one of their best work - I love the visual consistency and exceptionally brilliant car sounds. But, the physics to me feel more nuanced and intuitive in FM7. The learning curve is more gradual, which means you'll need time to get used to it.

With that said, I still find FM7 far too easy and straightforward. PCARS2 truly has a deep, challenging and rewarding driving model, closest feeling to an actual car tearing down the track. Forza's hidden controller aids is what holds it back.

Anyway, try 0/100 deadzones with all assists off. FM7 is just really, really easy. But that's just me, maybe I've been playing on a controller for too long.

P.S: I do use sim steering. Have since FM5. I think it was there in FM4 too.

Much better.

I used to race with sim steering in forza 6 and had the deadzones set to something like 20/100 so I did the same for 7 until about a few weeks ago. I lowered it down to 4/100 and now I'm at 2/100 and it's much smoother. I'll probably crank it right down to 0/100 like you said and switch sim steering on, see how that works for me. I haven't used assists since forza 4, will pop the racing line on if I race at Maple Valley or VIR variants.

Thanks for the tip.
#52 Posted : Friday, October 4, 2019 6:14:07 PM(UTC)
Forza 7 is okay, but it's a pain when doing long bends. In 6 I was able to do them smoothly without and real issues. In Forza 7 though I always end up tapping the steering input just to get a somewhat smooth turn. When I enter these turns I gently move the stick to turn, which causes the car to slowly start turning, problem is it's too slow and I'd end up off track, so I move the stick a hair-width over, the car turns more but the problem is it keeps on turning as if I have the stick completely over to one side and want to make a sharp turn.

Have you tried rotating the joystick along the sidewalls? I find this especially helps in long bends to keep a consistent turning radius, and easily ride the joystick rail to the left or right to get more or less oversteer/understeer.
#53 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2019 2:19:39 AM(UTC)

considering I pretty much never play on a controller, id say the systems in place for controllers on forza are great, could they be improved? sure, but its not total garbage like some try to make it out to be.

Perhaps you prefer simpler, arcade-focused racing games? Forza 6 has the least realistic physics in the entire FM franchise BTW. Forza 7 is great physics-wise and has a slightly taller curve, which I really appreciate. Although I wish it had retained a few things from the FM5 physics model, which I felt was reasonably nuanced.
#54 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2019 4:01:56 AM(UTC)

Perhaps you prefer simpler, arcade-focused racing games? Forza 6 has the least realistic physics in the entire FM franchise BTW. Forza 7 is great physics-wise and has a slightly taller curve, which I really appreciate. Although I wish it had retained a few things from the FM5 physics model, which I felt was reasonably nuanced.

And you base this information on what? Can you point out anywhere forza has mentioned any major physics overhaul between 6 and 7?

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
#55 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2019 4:57:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PTG Baby Cow Go to Quoted Post

And you base this information on what? Can you point out anywhere forza has mentioned any major physics overhaul between 6 and 7?

No I don't have the time for that, sorry - but I have owned and driven a handful of high-powered AWD and RWD sports cars - based on that experience alone, FM7 does a better job of simulating track racing physics. But not etched in stone - just my opinion.
3 Pages123Prev

Notification

Icon
Error