This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
109 Pages<<107108109Prev
 2 users liked this post.
#2701 Posted : Thursday, February 20, 2020 11:36:22 AM(UTC)
Be nice to see the stock downforce numbers instead of just a lock so we don't have to apply the adjustable aero just to see them. Would be handy for those of us who use tuning calculators to get our base tunes.
#2702 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 10:27:19 AM(UTC)
In the game's home (garage), why can't a Toyota TRUENO (AE86) lift the back cover and hood like some other vehicles? I see many other kinds of vehicles that can be turned over. I hope the authorities can fix the problem.Personally, I really like the AE86. Thanks a million!

In addition, I wanted the headlights of the vehicle to be freely controlled by the player, regardless of environmental factors (such as not being able to turn the headlights on during the day and not being able to turn them off at night). I think this detail will make the game more interesting and the night events more challenging. The headlight switch button can be set separately on the keyboard or XBOX controller.
#2703 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 10:28:28 AM(UTC)
In the game's home (garage), why can't a Toyota TRUENO (AE86) lift the back cover and hood like some other vehicles? I see many other kinds of vehicles that can be turned over. I hope the authorities can fix the problem.Personally, I really like the AE86. Thanks a million!

In addition, I wanted the headlights of the vehicle to be freely controlled by the player, regardless of environmental factors (such as not being able to turn the headlights on during the day and not being able to turn them off at night). I think this detail will make the game more interesting and the night events more challenging. The headlight switch button can be set separately on the keyboard or XBOX controller.
 1 user liked this post.
#2704 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 1:49:09 PM(UTC)
How 'bout a way to lock AWD out of RWD and FWD races in single player? Taking a RWD car up against AWD is almost an instant death in most cases.

For instance I'm driving a A800 2008 BMW M3 atm and I have it tuned to be a very strong RWD contender, but in this Super Saloons class there are AWD cars galore. This is especially difficult in unbeatable difficulty. I know I'd own these guys if they were locked to RWD, but since they are not it's a struggle.

Should think about making AWD its own class.

Edited by user Friday, February 21, 2020 1:56:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2705 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2020 2:01:04 PM(UTC)
One option in Car Mastery for unlock all perks instead of one by one.
#2706 Posted : Saturday, February 22, 2020 2:23:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: teksenic Go to Quoted Post
How 'bout a way to lock AWD out of RWD and FWD races in single player? Taking a RWD car up against AWD is almost an instant death in most cases.

For instance I'm driving a A800 2008 BMW M3 atm and I have it tuned to be a very strong RWD contender, but in this Super Saloons class there are AWD cars galore. This is especially difficult in unbeatable difficulty. I know I'd own these guys if they were locked to RWD, but since they are not it's a struggle.

Should think about making AWD its own class.

I think it's probably your tune.

What comes to AWD vs RWD being unwinnable, that is not the case for Street Scene, excluding perhaps Ambleside Ascent, Otleydale Dash (inconclusive results) and the Monument Wynds, [which might have been fixed.] Edit: It isn't at least for A-class.

For Road Racing I took 2008 BMW M3 to test bone stock.

Run 5 Sprints and 5 Circuits vs Unbeatable. Default blueprint for season (Autumn).

I was able to win every race, though I found Glen Rannoch Hillside Sprint curious. I needed to game Drivatars so that I was almost always able to draft them to win.

Events used for testing:

Glen Rannoch Hillside Sprint - - Greendale Club Circuit
Lakehurst Forest Sprint- - - - - - Lakehurst Copse Circuit
Lake District Sprint- - - - - - - - -Broadway Village Circuit
Cotswolds Super Sprint - - - - - Astmoor Heritage Circuit
The Meadows Sprint - - - - - - - Moorhead Wind Farm Circuit

That's not to say that unwinnable scenarios can't happen in Road Racing, as above covers only about 1/3 of Road Racing events in game.

I also tried Derwent Lakeside Sprint which I custom blueprinted to Super Saloons and I came close to winning but game froze after couple of re-tries. Never happened before so I left that event for now.

The most difficult sprint race for me was Glen Rannoch Hillside Sprint and most difficult circuit Moorhead Wind Farm. I had never tried 2008 M3 before but IMO in it's stock form it's more wannabe drifter, than sprinter. It feels like it's a bit heavy. It benefits a lot from circuits as tyres can heat up for better grip. It could also benefit from customised gear ratios to distribute more torque towards higher gears. I don't really tune though, so just food for thought.

As Drivatar scenarios go, I wish Peel vehicles would have less acceleration in D-class, tone them down a bit closer to BMW Isetta levels and when adding new cars they would be thoroughly tested as new LEGO Bugatti Chiron might be broken on Monument Wynds finishing in times that may not be achievable for human players, even when it starts from 3rd or 4th row. No screencaps of that though.

EDIT:

Did rest of Road Racing events including Derwent Lakeside Sprint and was able to win every event.

Greendale Super Sprint was really though against AWD drivatars, won against Audi RS7 by 0.050 seconds in there. LOL

Ambleside Circuit was very difficult but that circuit isn't really meant for cars like this. I was able to get my best lap to 0.53's which was about 2 seconds faster than leading Drivatar, but keeping that up in narrow track, with unideal car which makes passing difficult led to let of retries and finally I just side tapped leading Drivatar in final turns and won, but not a clean win.

Started to like car after all. It was really great on the Goliath and Colossus.

Took it through Street Scene and it was actually quite fun, not beginner car for Street Scene but fun if you know what to do with it. That all said, it's not competitive at Monument Wynds if there is AWD Drivatar starting at first row. I was able to win after about 10 retries and even then my time was 2:28.766 while best Drivatar time with '03 Audi RS 6 was 2:28.465.

BMW is gimped on that route by its weight making braking points bit tricky, its rev engine which requires some attention to keep on power band without wasting performance to wheelspin on second gear and lag after changing to third due nature of engine. All very important at Monument Wynds. Might be beast even there if manual with clutch is used.

Edited by user Sunday, February 23, 2020 12:31:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2707 Posted : Saturday, February 22, 2020 3:21:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Novaly6933 Go to Quoted Post

CUSTOM MUSIC STATION- FORZA HORIZON 3

God, I need this and i'm pretty sure a few other players need it too. Absolutely sick of the in-game tracks, which are pretty luckluster compared to earlier games. Horizon 3 let you utilize the Groove Music application, and have you stream songs directly into your game. This wasn't some boring overlay either, the music would stop when paused, fade out for cutscenes, and even come through the festival's speakers when pulling up to Horizon. There's actually a reason this was canned; Groove Music was retired. Playground, please reach out to Spotify so we can continue this AMAZING feature that frankly, every game with licensed music should have.

Groove was great feature in FH3 and then what happened to Groove was ridiculous.

Problem with third party services like Spotify are, well, stupidly, same as what happened with Groove. What if Spotify gets sold? What if it goes bankrupt? What if Spotify changes something in their end? Who updates game to support Spotify or any other 3rd party service after game active support cycle ends?

Originally Posted by: gamer1000k Go to Quoted Post
... and the more realistic feel of the earlier games in general without all the offroad courses having pointless, insane, unrealistic jumps and routes straight through backyards, fences and fields full of crops where nobody would put a race course.

Agree about jumps but other than that, we remember FH2 and FH3 very differently.
#2708 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2020 4:47:28 AM(UTC)
SEATBELTS- FORZA HORIZON 1

Yep, we lost seatbelts the second we got a sequel. It's a kind of obvious detail and makes no sense why they'd leave it out. That's all I have to say for this, re-add your character wearing seatbelts.

RACING GEAR DURING EVENTS- FORZA HORIZON 1

A pretty neat feature that edged the realism, your character will wear normal attire during freeroam and street scene events, but will wear a racing jacket, gloves, and helmet during Horizon sponsored events like races and showcases. Since character customization has been introduced, this should be optional. Make this permanent for Drivatars through, at least during races & other gameplay.

CAR MEETS- FORZA HORIZON 2 & 3

These were cool. Select area(s) will be designated as Car Meet areas. Drive in and you'll have your car parked next to other players attending the meet. Your car, it's PI, and your profile can be seen by other players. You could challenge other attendees to drag races. I even a few ideas that could expand this even further, open up your car's hood, the ability to Give Approval, which would basically function as "liking" the car.

CUSTOM MUSIC STATION- FORZA HORIZON 3

God, I need this and i'm pretty sure a few other players need it too. Absolutely sick of the in-game tracks, which are pretty luckluster compared to earlier games. Horizon 3 let you utilize the Groove Music application, and have you stream songs directly into your game. This wasn't some boring overlay either, the music would stop when paused, fade out for cutscenes, and even come through the festival's speakers when pulling up to Horizon. There's actually a reason this was canned; Groove Music was retired. Playground, please reach out to Spotify so we can continue this AMAZING feature that frankly, every game with licensed music should have.

Playground, PLEASE bring this stuff back, especially the last two.
#2709 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2020 5:56:49 AM(UTC)
Unique Engines as upgrades

Winning emotes and Clothes in Wheelspins is not the essence of a motor racing game. So :-
All cars that are won in wheel spins, purchased via any means etc. come only with their stock/equipped engines.
In addition to their Car inventory, player have an inventory that is used to collect unique Engines. Unique engines are an item type that can be won in wheelspins, and consist of ,well, Engines.
Each unique engine conforms to a base template: e.g. things like "2.0L F6 - Turbo Rally", 6L Racing V8 etc., and having an engine makes it available for use in engine swaps.
The engines would be unique in that they would roll with random bonuses to various upgrade items: So an engine might have a "5% increased power" from Cylinder Head upgrades.

These can be implemented before - or after - PIs are calculated with the expectation that in Online Adventure, where the fairness of these items might most be questioned:

Fairness, in terms of Online adventure - could be implemented in one of several ways:

1. Disable the bonus during online Adventure.

Boo.

2. Compute the PI after adding the part from the bonus effected contribution.

The idea here is that with a with a slightly different power output, the engine should have a different PI contribution. This however does mean that entirely different homologations might open up that could be unbalancing: A slightly lower power engine with a few less PI could open PI opportunity for a major handling upgrade via Tires that is otherwise not possible.

3. Compute the PI without taking any bonuses into account

This ensures that Cars use strictly the same homologations. Balancing here would assume that
1. The boosts are small, and fall within the typical engineering tolerances one would expect in real life anyway.
2. The The engine stats would not be structured to be too rare and so all Online Adventure players would have equal access to high quality engines.

OR

Online Adventure would award crafting tokens that players could use to manufacture self use only engines to use in competition.

Edited by user Sunday, February 23, 2020 5:58:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2710 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2020 6:41:51 PM(UTC)
Having the AI be affected by simulation damage.
Being able to restrict drivetrain types in racing blueprints.
More aero/visual upgrades.
Exhaust tip modifications that also change the sound.
Larger map (4x the size) with more technical driving roads
More fine tuning options (boost pressure, ignition/fuel timing)
More meeting spots (garages, gas stations, parking lots)
Qualifying laps (ability to qualify for pole position)
Get rid of "drivatars" and call them what they actually are...AI. (I know my friends don't drive like their drivatars, especially when most don't have the game)

Edited by user Sunday, February 23, 2020 8:06:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2711 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 1:09:51 PM(UTC)
Bring back Car Meets! Add the ability to open up hoods, doors, etc. at them, as well as being able to "like" cars. The total amount of likes will show up in your car's history, and maybe increase the car's max buyout in the auction house (by a very small amount, like 100 CR per like.)
109 Pages<<107108109Prev

Notification

Icon
Error