This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123PrevNext
 7 users liked this post.
#26 Posted : Monday, September 2, 2019 2:00:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: nayre33 Go to Quoted Post

Lol I work 50+ hours a week so that I can have a nice tv and one x and relax and enjoy games with what little free time I have. So now horizon is work that I have to do? yeah no thanks,

+1

I love games where I can do everything. Current Playlist is very far from that but I am patient and hope it will be better soon. Playlist looks like I don't know how to play my game :D It's crazy.

1 user liked this post.
#27 Posted : Monday, September 2, 2019 2:50:38 PM(UTC)
Couldn't agree more. I started with FM2 and loved it. Forza Motorsport 7 is great in every measurable, especially on PC, but I don't love it. It completely lacks progression. Same with the Horizon series. The problem with Forza now is the lack of attachment to cars. This is especially bad in Forza Motorsport 7. I want a game where I care about each and every car I own. But now if you're a high tier you start the game with so much money and gifted cars that you don't care about. I would much rather be very poor and have to do like 10 races to be able to buy a single "Uncommon" car. The fact that you can buy any car on launch without doing any races defeats that sense of progression and care.

I'm not asking for fewer cars, but with the dizzying amount of distractions (Forza Horizon 4 is basically a higher quality Test Drive Unlimited 2 but with way too much money) and crazy amount of credits being handed out they really have made it impossible to feel rewarded.

One simple solution would be to bring back loyalty. Basically re-release Forza Motorsport 4! That was the pinnacle right there.

Edited by user Monday, September 2, 2019 2:51:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users liked this post.
#28 Posted : Monday, September 2, 2019 7:04:17 PM(UTC)
This latest iteration of forza has become dull as a lot of people have said it can look good but some long term bug problems and apparent unwillingness to gather the opinions of the main body of the forza gaming community leaves the playground reprogramming staff in the messy situation of trying to encourage new and old players of this title and really failing on both counts , As a lot of the long term play aspects where removed for no obvious reason and new stuff was add but so badly implemented that it caused more woes for the small group of people left trying to make what appears now after getting on for a year from release date a hurried stop gap measure that focused on the wrong aspects of a car game , Why are there no official statements ever released on this forum by actual employees of playground games or why is there never any direct response to questions by its members who are told to get a ticket IT'S A FORUM not a queue for a cloakroom there should be some kind of relaying of information and confirmation of it . This is unreasonable behaviour for a company wishing to gain more fans and perspective customers this just is not FORZA
#29 Posted : Tuesday, September 3, 2019 10:34:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: nayre33 Go to Quoted Post

Lol I work 50+ hours a week so that I can have a nice tv and one x and relax and enjoy games with what little free time I have. So now horizon is work that I have to do? yeah no thanks,

+1

I love games where I can do everything. Current Playlist is very far from that but I am patient and hope it will be better soon. Playlist looks like I don't know how to play my game :D It's crazy.

Well, I don't pull weeks like that, but I sometimes I have completed weekly daily challenges by pure luck. There's quite large family and visits takes sometimes couple of days or more if it's extended weekend or holidays. Note I don't have 100% record on completion and I regret nothing. So I mostly dislike dailies even if they have 72 hours expiration time. While I have pretty good track record, it was studios decision to make this sort of thing when people have more important things in life and have enough tasks already in our jobs.

Other thing I dislike in dailies are that they are distracting. Sometimes they don't get in a way of anything else I want to do in game, sometimes I notice completion note popping up while doing things I want, but in general I liked to do them like playing the game for season and in the end see if there's anything left and do them then if anything remains uncompleted.

What is really important to me is having fun while racing and I may have some specific things in mind for evening, like yesterday I did Custom Endurance Road Race event for Classic Racers and took reward Porsche 917 LH on it. I did Ashbrook Classic Endurance by Kuhnsie27 which is absolutely fantastic circuit and I think pretty close what could be done in FH4 to re-create race how they were raced back in the day, track was made of public roads. Only that it's 15 laps and took 1 hour and 15 minutes to finish even when 917 LH is higher side of S1.

Today I did shorter Custom event by same custom Blueprinter and couple of races on Marathon to complete todays Daily, which I didn't mind because I really like Street Races and that route is great. Yet I have been thinking about my own custom thing, but didn't had the time for that today. I have one livery I would like to get back, but... I don't necessarily want daily distractions in my head with all the features already in game.

I can understand why some players don't like Trials, though they have been pretty okay for me and I have even enjoyed some. I like some championships, past winter championship with 5 Street Races in so far my all time favourite. I liked this weeks Developers championship on custom routes, the best we have had so far IMO. And there are few other positive things, but Dailies aren't on that list.
 5 users liked this post.
#30 Posted : Tuesday, September 3, 2019 11:07:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post
....................So I mostly dislike dailies even if they have 72 hours expiration time.
It wouldn't be so bad if the dailies stayed valid until the end of the week once they went live.

At least then , if you lead a busy life, as most do, you could fire up the XB1 on the last day of the week/season and knock them all out at once.
 1 user liked this post.
#31 Posted : Tuesday, September 3, 2019 11:23:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ripperoo UK Go to Quoted Post
....................So I mostly dislike dailies even if they have 72 hours expiration time.
It wouldn't be so bad if the dailies stayed valid until the end of the week once they went live.

At least then , if you lead a busy life, as most do, you could fire up the XB1 on the last day of the week/season and knock them all out at once.

That would make too much sense, so Playground Games probably wouldn't do that. Plus it would mean less people would be playing their game. :(
(I'm being sarcastic btw, sadly I'm not the best at it.)
But yeah, I don't know why any of this stuff was time based in the first place. If it's one thing humans lack... it's time. There's so many other things that keep us busy every day, that adding another thing that requires to be done on time just adds more stress to our lives(basically fuel to the fire).
#32 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2019 10:34:19 AM(UTC)

That's what I tried to say. They would still be different to #Forzathon Weekly which requires specific car or car division to complete.

Originally Posted by: InflnityLlon Go to Quoted Post

That would make too much sense, so Playground Games probably wouldn't do that. Plus it would mean less people would be playing their game. :(
(I'm being sarcastic btw, sadly I'm not the best at it.)
But yeah, I don't know why any of this stuff was time based in the first place. If it's one thing humans lack... it's time. There's so many other things that keep us busy every day, that adding another thing that requires to be done on time just adds more stress to our lives(basically fuel to the fire).

I have been thinking the same thing, what were developers thinking, putting things in game we usually play games to escape. LOL
#33 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2019 12:44:58 PM(UTC)
Forza is not fun any more?

Edited by user Saturday, September 7, 2019 10:12:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#34 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2019 1:06:14 PM(UTC)
I don't like NFS anymore, but wait for NFS HEAT launch, we'll see a lot of people migrating from Forza to NFS

especially because the new Lambos, sorry to say, but it's true

and even worse, some people will stop to play FH4 completely, i mean nevermore!
#35 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2019 1:44:43 PM(UTC)
Sound generally sucks tho there are some great sounding cars inside and out. There's just not enough car customization. The physics leave a LOT to be desired ( think PC2 ). Environment is boring. Literally the only thing this series has going for it is visuals and cockpit view. Frankly, that just isn't enough for me anymore. I'm not going to stop playing completely, but I definitely do not spend anywhere near as much time in this as I did FH2.
 1 user liked this post.
#36 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2019 2:47:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TNTNRX Go to Quoted Post
I don't like NFS anymore, but wait for NFS HEAT launch, we'll see a lot of people migrating from Forza to NFS

especially because the new Lambos, sorry to say, but it's true

and even worse, some people will stop to play FH4 completely, i mean nevermore!

Now that EA put former head of FIFA David Rutter in charge of Dice/Criterion/Ghost, expect NFS Heat to be a disaster of micro transactions and "Surprise Game Mechanics".
(FYI Ghost is the developer for NFS Payback and Heat).
#37 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2019 10:20:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: teksenic Go to Quoted Post
The physics leave a LOT to be desired ( think PC2 ).

When I think of racing games where physics, handling, and various other aspects of gameplay leave a lot to be desired, Project Cars and its sequel do immediately come to mind.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 2 users liked this post.
#38 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2019 10:48:20 PM(UTC)
I saw some posts here mentioning FH1. FH 1 is overrated and only glorified due to blind nostalgia.

Horizon's bursting through success started with FH 2 for me.
 2 users liked this post.
#39 Posted: : Wednesday, September 4, 2019 11:30:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DunkinDonutsNr1 Go to Quoted Post
I saw some posts here mentioning FH1. FH 1 is overrated and only glorified due to blind nostalgia.

Nah. I went back and replayed FH1 after FH3. It certainly has its flaws, and I wouldn't say it's the best overall in the series, but it still outshines the rest of the series in sense of progression.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 9 users liked this post.
#40 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 2:08:53 AM(UTC)
Forza motorsport got boring and no fun when the good original tracks were dropped, focusing on trying to be a sim racer is just terrible, it’s a game and has to be fun, if not it’s a chore, the later games became grind fests, Horizon seemed to fix that though, it was focused on fun, people slated it for not being sim enough and arcade, but it was a huge break from the blandness that motorsport had become.
Horizon 4 started out fun, great even but playground’s constant forcing you to play online if you want to get new cars is terrible, it has removed all the fun from the game, I work away so I only get 50% of the seasonal stuff if I’m very lucky, I've missed out on a lot of cars I wanted, I’m the full fat VIP ultimate edition buyer and I’m denied the content I bought due to a stupid grindy fun draining way of playing, the recent seasonal stuff has really finished it for me though, the Crown Vic was almost the end having a few percent to get but meaning I had to go into online races, but the Porsche cup against unbeatable drivatars is the final nail in the coffin for me, live players zig zagging down the road ramming you off the track and the drivatars finish before you get anywhere near them, try repeating this 40 times and see if there is any different outcome other than the live players dropping out so it’s a 1 or 2 man team against 6 actually unbeatable drivatars.

I stopped playing and buying Motorsport because it was boring and no fun but Horizon is now going the same way, way to go, two games that they have made hard work instead of fun.

Edited by user Thursday, September 5, 2019 2:10:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#41 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 7:34:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post
The Horizon series specifically, however... there are a lot of things that I like about it, but I think it's become too much sand and not enough box.

I like the way you phrased that. I agree, and I feel that I am missing the "story" or finite progression from games like NFS.
(Horizon Stories do not count as a good "story" either. These challenges are mostly frustrating and only have one prize based on full completion. If you don't get 30/30 then you get no prize. ...with no allowance for difficulty settings. Top Gear Story was done differently, but........ in NFS I could always turn down the difficulty if challenges were just beyond my skill....or time investment. ...in FH4 I just drop the challenge and never return.....frustrating. ) While I am on a rant..... I love the Showcase and Remixes! However, after 5 minutes and completion there is never a reason to return. A tiered reward system would be awesome for the Showcase events. What is tiered? ....simply different prizes for different difficulty levels achieved.....this idea should be integrated throughout every aspect of FH4; it would give people more reason to play.

2 users liked this post.
#42 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 12:36:20 PM(UTC)

In terms of atmosphere and feeling, none of the sequels have come remotely close for me. Sure, the sequels have all upped the car count, playable area, map size etc etc etc. But none have felt as fun to me as the original did. And that's not just rose tinted glasses. I've played through it a number of times since release, and to me, it still holds up as a genuinely good game.
 1 user liked this post.
#43 Posted : Saturday, September 7, 2019 10:12:26 AM(UTC)
FH4 not fun any more?

Yup, it getting that way and for the past week or so, I have hit the wall!

I completed everything in the core game, probably 9 months ago.

I have continued to complete ASAP after launch all new content.

Then started painting and tuning to keep me occupied and to try and reach either Legendary Painter or Tuner, so I could sell my car collection hoarded over 9 months for more than bare minimum..

A couple of personal side challenges for me was to:
Complete all XBL achievements: CHECK
Reach "Legendary Painter" or "Legendary Tuner": CHECK
Hit 999,999,999 Credits: CHECK

Now I'm sitting with 999,999,999, in my bank. :)

Also have over 600,000,000 credits to collect from cars sold in the AH.

CLICK TO ENLARGE

This is after having already diverting 600,000,000 to a friend just to get rid of some credits and I'm gonna have to do it again.

All I've got left is 2 "Showcase Remix" to do and then I'm probably done.

Will just spend an hour or two doing the new season every Thursday.

Gotta see what the new content is gonna be of course in the coming months, so will probably keep dipping in until Xmas.

Edited by user Saturday, September 7, 2019 10:13:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#44 Posted : Saturday, September 7, 2019 11:01:47 AM(UTC)
FH4 not fun any more?

Yup, it getting that way and for the past week or so, I have hit the wall!

I completed everything in the core game, probably 9 months ago.

I have continued to complete ASAP after launch all new content.

Then started painting and tuning to keep me occupied and to try and reach either Legendary Painter or Tuner, so I could sell my car collection hoarded over 9 months for more than bare minimum..

A couple of personal side challenges for me was to:
Complete all XBL achievements: CHECK
Reach "Legendary Painter" or "Legendary Tuner": CHECK
Hit 999,999,999 Credits: CHECK

Now I'm sitting with 999,999,999, in my bank. :)

Also have over 600,000,000 credits to collect from cars sold in the AH.

CLICK TO ENLARGE

This is after having already diverting 600,000,000 to a friend just to get rid of some credits and I'm gonna have to do it again.

All I've got left is 2 "Showcase Remix" to do and then I'm probably done.

Will just spend an hour or two doing the new season every Thursday.

Gotta see what the new content is gonna be of course in the coming months, so will probably keep dipping in until Xmas.

Sounds like you need to pick up a new game.
 2 users liked this post.
#45 Posted : Saturday, September 7, 2019 11:08:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post

Nah. I went back and replayed FH1 after FH3. It certainly has its flaws, and I wouldn't say it's the best overall in the series, but it still outshines the rest of the series in sense of progression.

I totally agree. I think the Horizon series got kinda ruined when they started letting you run almost every race challenge with almost any car, of any class.

There was a lot more feeling of progression in FH1, where you had to gradually try different types of vehicles to complete different challengers, and were forced to work your way up from lower classes to higher classes. It made upgrading feel more natural and meaningful.

Also, later challenges were more difficult and offered better rewards. So there was a POINT to working your way to endgame content.

Now, it doesn't really matter what race you run to earn money since you can race almost any challenge in high class vehicles, and the only other thing that affects payout is course distance and assists enabled/disabled.
 1 user liked this post.
#46 Posted : Saturday, September 7, 2019 12:29:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KOG7777 Go to Quoted Post
Sounds like you need to pick up a new game.
Nope! I need to take a break from this addiction, called gaming period!

1 user liked this post.
#47 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2019 2:39:56 PM(UTC)
My only beef with this game right now is the the complete hyped up AI and the reclassification of skill levels to where Pro is no longer Pro and Expert is really Pro and so on down the line. If I'm Pinnacle league and can't win a race in the weekly events in Expert level - something is seriously wrong with the game! This chasing after AI that have bolted way ahead in 1st and 2nd place, while fending off aggressive AI who in concert with each other perform block and tackle movements to keep you from getting ahead, is what's making Forza fun no more for me. If the game is not scaled back soon, I'll not play it that often and will not by the next installment of said game, no matter its location.
Update, take for example the Community series even in this week's Autumn season. These three races are bunkers and there is no way to complete these races at least in the first pass without rewinding constantly, and when you do rewind or wall ram unintentionally, you get penalized when rewards are meted out by being assigned worthless rewards for rewinding! Duh! Racing the Expert AI's feel like racing professionals. SCALE BACK THE GAME PGG!

Edited by user Tuesday, September 10, 2019 5:42:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

2 users liked this post.
#48 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2019 11:24:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post

In terms of atmosphere and feeling, none of the sequels have come remotely close for me. Sure, the sequels have all upped the car count, playable area, map size etc etc etc. But none have felt as fun to me as the original did. And that's not just rose tinted glasses. I've played through it a number of times since release, and to me, it still holds up as a genuinely good game.

I agree with that, FH 1 even tho it was simpler compared to the sequels, It was more fun, What I liked about it was the "1000 Club" Where each car had it's own set of challenges that you could do, You didn't get any rewards except for a gold medal for completing each challenge, But it was still fun to do, Another thing I liked about FH 1 was the menu system for what you could choose to do online,
You could to, Race, Play games, Free roam, etc. Which means that if all you wanted to do was say play "Infected" Like I used to like to do, You could choose the "Infected" option and find the different lobbies that players had setup, and if there was a space open in a lobby(only 8 spaces per lobby) that was playing in an area that you wanted to play in, you could join that lobby, Now the only way you can find a game is if you ether make one and HOPE that someone that wants to play a game will see that "left button" icon on the map and click on it before time runs out, Or keep your eye out for the "Left button" icon to appear and HOPE That it's someone else that wants to play a game instead of race, And even than MAYBE get lucky enough to get more than 1 other player who saw the icon and was able to join in time to play, For me racing all the time can get not only boring, But also tedious, And Ive Always found Online Freeroam especially boring, Even in FH 1,
 6 users liked this post.
#49 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 4:54:23 AM(UTC)
For me, I think it’s a 50/50 love/hate relationship. 50% of what I like is enough to keep me playing; however, all it would take is someone releasing a similar game… and the train would move on.

I understand that times change, and businesses need to think “out of the box” in order to stay relevant, but there are some things in FH4 that just make me scratch my head and say “why?”.

To me, FH4 is an Open World Racing Game… so why then focus on Avatars (clothing/emotes) when you could have focused on vehicles instead. Think about it, wouldn’t it have been much better to win a body kit for your favorite car then pink ballerina slippers? How about a Wheel Spin where you won a set of Sport Tires that would only cost you 50% of the normal Sport Tires PI to install? Engine swaps in Wheel Spins? And anything you couldn’t use; you could sell on the Auction House.

Just visit any online Auto Parts Store and start thinking outside the box… The possibilities were endless.
Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... sometimes, we just snuggle.
 1 user liked this post.
#50 Posted : Wednesday, September 11, 2019 12:13:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DarkWolf907505 Go to Quoted Post
For me, I think it’s a 50/50 love/hate relationship. 50% of what I like is enough to keep me playing; however, all it would take is someone releasing a similar game… and the train would move on.

I understand that times change, and businesses need to think “out of the box” in order to stay relevant, but there are some things in FH4 that just make me scratch my head and say “why?”.

I think the same way as you do and one of the points that is still making me asking why is the small maps, i mean back in 2006 Test Drive Unlimited came with the whole island of Oahu in Hawaii to play around or cruise on the Xbox 360 and now in the time of the Xbox one with much better hardware we still have about the same map size from the original Horizon and i don't care that people says "but FH4 map is the biggest Horizon map till date" it still tiny compared to TDU and after some time FH4 map becomes boring to drive in.

Other point is the mostly lack of progression.
You start the game and off you go pick between these powerfull cars to start your career and then the purpose of finishing the game is "oh you are a rookie with potencial please reach the top on these racing leagues and you'll be crowned champion of horizon" just like FH2 and mostly FH3.
Were is like i don't know a antagonist like in the first Horizon or like older NFS games where it really gave you a purpose to finishing the game just to make the guy eat their own words.
3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error