This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
5 Pages12345PrevNext
 5 users liked this post.
#51 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 7:56:13 PM(UTC)
I don't think the Camaro would've been a good addition to the Forzathon Shop even if it cost 20 FP, lol. I think this situation highlights all issues with FH4, and Forza Horizon in general: the devs not realizing how their own game works, nor what's happening in it.

To their credit, they have RetroKrystal and some others on the Discord chat daily, but what to make of it when much of the interaction is with kids and people who just won't criticize the game? And when we complain about wrong things we're told to submit tickets, which are currently answered with JetPartySalad's standard form.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#52 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 7:59:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: nb3254 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: LoneWolfAlex Go to Quoted Post
need help with RWD Rear Engine Challenge.
What car/tune should I use?
I don't seem able to finish 1st...

Stock 2016 911 GT3 RS. Because this car has a PI that is almost close to S1, drivatar is also slower.
And this car has a great grip, so you can drive it almost like an AWD car. Probably the most suitable car for beginners.

Good call, worked great.
 1 user liked this post.
#53 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 8:36:18 PM(UTC)
OK, the new Trial is just abysmal. I've been the only one even capable of handling the vehicle, finished first once, but obviously was not able to carry the entire team. Can the co-op aspect seriously be removed? The Porsche one last week got a ton of negative feedback too, and sure, it was a struggle finding a competent team there as well. However, everyone was at least able to acquire a mild advantage by slightly upgrading the vehicles, which definitely helped. Here, we're all stuck with a stock RWD vehicle and of course most people spin out and barely make it out of the starting grid. At this point, I'm absolutely skipping the event after many failed sessions, but for real: can these just not be a feature, or at least not a cooperative thing? I genuinely made an account to say how much I hate the Trials. I understand they're meant to be hard. Like I said, I wouldn't mind tackling Trials solo. In parties? No thanks. Being punished for the mistakes of others, against drivatars is the antithesis of fun. I cannot stand it.

Edited by user Thursday, September 5, 2019 8:38:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#54 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 9:35:21 PM(UTC)
I'll assume some people have caught on to the idea on how to get the best drive of the Caterham, but for me I turned on the TCR and STM. While it does mean less credits, it means less likelihood of spinning out and better chance of doing well. I was able to grab 3rd in my final race where my team won the whole event.
 3 users liked this post.
#55 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 11:36:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
I don't think the Camaro would've been a good addition to the Forzathon Shop even if it cost 20 FP, lol. I think this situation highlights all issues with FH4, and Forza Horizon in general: the devs not realizing how their own game works, nor what's happening in it.

To their credit, they have RetroKrystal and some others on the Discord chat daily, but what to make of it when much of the interaction is with kids and people who just won't criticize the game? And when we complain about wrong things we're told to submit tickets, which are currently answered with JetPartySalad's standard form.

I feel like they are away from "transparency and community feedback".
They effectively closed the forum support page yesterday. Although they explain that they did it for better support, many players have pointed out problems with the support ticket system. They eventually didn't listen to those opinions.
Of course, the problem of their relationship with the community is not just the closure of the support forum. For other issues, I feel that they are listening to opinions that are convenient for them.

I don't think it's good for creators to become slaves to consumers, and I know that many of the requests and feedback they ignore are not following the rules of the forum (and other website rules).
But after FH4, I feel like they are gradually becoming dictators.
I want them to interact properly with the community, and explain the reasons before making changes that affect all players, such as community support. Naturally, it must be done not only by discord. Also by means of forums and twitter.
 1 user liked this post.
#56 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 12:33:44 AM(UTC)
I sang praises to the last week's seasonal races and the trial cup. They were fast, fun and offered a good variety of street and off-road events. But this week, damn. The Catheram Trial was absolutely abysmal. Luckily a lot of people dropped out during the first race, so there was just the three of us. The team races get actually much easier if you have less people in your team, so we won it in the first try with the help of pure dumb luck.

I enjoyed the muscle car cup, but the other were just so annoying.

Also, for those having problems with the drift seasonal pr stunt. Search for drift builds for Abarth 595. The car is insanely cheap and with the build it basically drifts by itself. Perfect for those of us, who are terrible at drifting :D

Also, possible it's a problem just on my side. I usually had short loading times, but after the update, they got much longer. They usually lasted a few seconds, now they can even take minutes. I keep getting disconnected, which is not really fun, if you're in the middle of a forzathon or a playground event which I usually do just for the sake of completion. And the AI cars keep bugging out, just driving forward, off the track into the void. Where only death remains. I mean, I experienced bugs and disconnects before, but after the last update it got just much worse for me. Anyone else?
 3 users liked this post.
#57 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 12:39:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post

Don't worry, you get the "Sumbit a ticket!" treatment in the Discord as well. Here's what happened when Retro herself asked if there was any interest in a "spitball session" sorrounding the #Forzathon Shop and suggestions on how to improve it. I got straight to the point:

Then she deleted the post where she asked about the spitball session, for "some reason", hence you not seeing it in the above image. Now, I did submit a ticket, as a suggestion/feedback, repeatedly appealing to the authority of Retro ("interesting point", etc.) and I've received the standard issue reply.

I could hardly imagine something more puzzling than seeing a 60,000 credit Camaro sold for 700 FP after such dialogue.

Edited by user Friday, September 6, 2019 1:05:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#58 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 1:54:03 AM(UTC)
^ lol... they are beyond parody with this ticket business.
#59 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 3:23:14 AM(UTC)
That Camaro must be an error. I can only presume they intended it to be the Z28 and got crossed wires somewhere.
 1 user liked this post.
#60 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 3:26:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: wwwREXwww Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Also, acquired a second Z4 expecting it to be worth millions - max selling price is 31,000?? Presume it falls into the category of so rare that no one ever sells one?

Yes very interesting that one.......

You can't buy it through Autoshow, It's not on Wheelspins (as far as i know) and it was a reward car.

Pactically all other cars (with some noteable exceptions) that meet that criteria have selling ranges of a couple hundred to millions in Auction House.

Must admit though i haven't played around with the Z4 for awhile and haven't even done any tunes with it.

Might do that today i think.......

It’s a good car to drive. Not top tier but a decent racer and the handling makes it fun. However, I don’t need two of them - it’s not that good! Will hang on to it for a while and see if prices start to rise after this week when more will be sold.

#61 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 4:56:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MenstrualDoom Go to Quoted Post

Also, possible it's a problem just on my side. I usually had short loading times, but after the update, they got much longer. They usually lasted a few seconds, now they can even take minutes.

I have this problem too, so I start thinking that it could be a problem introduced by the last update ...

#62 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 5:50:12 AM(UTC)
Re the RR Spotlight Derwent Valley Dash championship and the exclusive Porsche.

I thought this might be difficult so I watched a few videos and decided on a 2016 or 2019 Porsche 911 GT3 RS stock versions and various tunes/upgrades.

Started with a stock 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS and won the championship first time. Many thanks to those who suggested this car.

#63 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 7:14:15 AM(UTC)
I did this months Jump Stunt and hit an invisible wall in the sky! I still passed! But I've never hit a wall in the sky before.
User is suspended until 10/20/2019 9:01:20 AM(UTC)
#64 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 7:29:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
I did this months Jump Stunt and hit an invisible wall in the sky! I still passed! But I've never hit a wall in the sky before.

Yeah, I've hit that one. Any hard walls extend up into the sky to prevent you from jumping over them. You need to aim for the road at this Danger Sign.
#65 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 7:31:27 AM(UTC)

yeah, that happened to me too. I hit... something. pretty close to the ground. Didn't quite catch what it was, but I still got the jump. Got it on video too.

EDIT: Video: Invisible wall at Arthur's Seat

Edited by user Friday, September 6, 2019 7:48:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#66 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 7:59:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post

yeah, that happened to me too. I hit... something. pretty close to the ground. Didn't quite catch what it was, but I still got the jump. Got it on video too.

Happens if you go off too much to the right when launching off the ramp.

Try for just off centre and you will be right.

I'm top 20 or 30 and did it in the Agera.

Persistance pays off instead of giving up.
#67 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 8:24:07 AM(UTC)
Note that you can take in a tuned Caterham into the trial, just not an upgraded one.

Ive shared my "Stock Tuned" file. Got a bit more acceleration and stability in the corners.

Here it is anyway;
front tyre 29.8
rear tyre 30.2
final drive 3.33
front alingement -2.0
rear alignment -1.5
rear anitrollbar reduce(?) 15.12 (keep front 24.69)
rear spring reduce 29.5 (keep front 24.5)
ride hieght front /rear 10

I managed two 2nds and a 1st with that (good team). There are alot of other stock tunes, the panda one got me three 2nds (bad team). Although they were my 3rd and 4th attempts so i probably knew the circuits better by then.
#68 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 8:32:59 AM(UTC)

I'm not sure what's on the other side of the wall, but maybe it's an out of bounds area. I know there were a bunch of OOB glitches on YouTube recently that people were able to get to using jumps. Maybe they've put up some new walls.
#69 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 8:59:15 AM(UTC)

I'm not sure what's on the other side of the wall, but maybe it's an out of bounds area. I know there were a bunch of OOB glitches on YouTube recently that people were able to get to using jumps. Maybe they've put up some new walls.

Nah, it's always been there, right from the beginning.

Stops getting too much distance from glitching.

I'm up in the top 20 and i did it through the off left with a kick to the right when launching and braking when i am just about to land.
#70 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 9:02:31 AM(UTC)
Really struggling with the RR spotlight, can anyone recommend a good rwd car to use in this event, ill definitely tune it as well?
#71 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 9:10:59 AM(UTC)

Nah, it's always been there, right from the beginning.

Stops getting too much distance from glitching.

I'm up in the top 20 and i did it through the off left with a kick to the right when launching and braking when i am just about to land.

It may have been there from the beginning, but I doubt that's the reason. The leader boards have thousands of feet in the top spots. More likely, the invisible wall extends up from unbreakable terrain.

Edited by user Friday, September 6, 2019 9:13:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#72 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 9:31:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Quijil Go to Quoted Post
Really struggling with the RR spotlight, can anyone recommend a good rwd car to use in this event, ill definitely tune it as well?

I did it first time with a stock 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (S2 904). The drivatars will roughly match your PI so some players find it easier to go for a figure near the lower limt of S2.

If it hadn't worked for me I would have tried a 2019 Porsche 911 GT3 RS either stock or downgraded to S2 901 or a 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS with a S2 927 tune/upgrade by Valorster.

2 of the races may be easier so I didn't immediately give up at the end of the first race and used rewind as necessary.

Edited by user Friday, September 6, 2019 9:36:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#73 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 9:38:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Galaxie5002012 Go to Quoted Post
"Showcase Remix: Forest Sprite (vs motorbikes) - counts toward Star Card
Reward: Super Wheelspin"

The last Showcase Remix involving Forest Sprite was bugged for me. I couldn't complete it even after a dozen or more tries. Looking fwd to attempting this one ASAP!

Same problem here... Not even in “new racer” as my nephew plays in - tried several times without luck

I’ll be missing around 20 % to complete as the Blue Drivatar crosses the finishline
(Funny fact: BLUE won every single time, hmmm?? )

Edited by user Friday, September 6, 2019 9:42:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#74 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 9:46:58 AM(UTC)
So. The Trial for this week.

I don't have friends who play this game so I was relying on randoms. I tried about a dozen times, and though I got better at the events as I played them over and over, NO team I landed on ever came close to winning the series. I had one team win 1 event once. That was it.

Just when I was about to give up for the night, I got on a team that did well in event 1: I and 2 other players took spots 1, 2, and 4. The remaining 3 players were towards the bottom but scored enough points for us to squeak through i win. In event 2, things didn't go so well and the final score was 2000 drivatar team, 1650 player team (I think). And yet somehow, the game decided to award us the win? I don't get why, but I'm glad it did. We lost event 3 but it didn't matter since the game gave us wins for 1 and 2.

So glad to be done with that event.
 1 user liked this post.
#75 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 10:06:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LuckyKnas Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Galaxie5002012 Go to Quoted Post
"Showcase Remix: Forest Sprite (vs motorbikes) - counts toward Star Card
Reward: Super Wheelspin"

The last Showcase Remix involving Forest Sprite was bugged for me. I couldn't complete it even after a dozen or more tries. Looking fwd to attempting this one ASAP!

Same problem here... Not even in “new racer” as my nephew plays in - tried several times without luck

I’ll be missing around 20 % to complete as the Blue Drivatar crosses the finishline
(Funny fact: BLUE won every single time, hmmm?? )

It's a difficult event. But it's highly scripted. The critical point will be after the last jump into the lake by the cottage. If you're having a good race up until that point, then you've got to maintain a strong line for the last leg to edge out Blue. It usually comes down to tenths or hundredths of a second. Took me 2 tries last night, but the last time they put it up, it took me probably a couple dozen.
5 Pages12345PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error