This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
5 Pages1234>>PrevNext
#26 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 12:54:05 PM(UTC)
Maybe one of your teammates went in front of the AI and slowed down, blocking them, letting his fellow humans overtake everybody? Because that's how I get my team to win most Trials.
#27 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 1:19:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BabySeal363 Go to Quoted Post
Maybe one of your teammates went in front of the AI and slowed down, blocking them, letting his fellow humans overtake everybody? Because that's how I get my team to win most Trials.
I would normally think this, but the four of us were all in front of the AI by on our own merits just after the drift zone on the lap during the first race.

All my team-mates were taking the top six places on the last lap, until the guy in six dropped to ninth (maybe missed a checkpoint).

Here's a 35 second clip of the last lap.
https://youtu.be/MlFIWdVgAjU

Excuse my poor driving (I am pretty **** all told) LOL
 2 users liked this post.
#28 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 1:26:03 PM(UTC)
About 14 attempts it took to finish trial. Idiots trying to win by bouncing off walls are causing chaos.
#29 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 1:26:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ripperoo UK Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BabySeal363 Go to Quoted Post
I would normally think this, but the four of us were all in front of the AI by on our own merits just after the drift zone on the lap during the first race.

All my team-mates were taking the top six places on the last lap, until the guy in six dropped to ninth (maybe missed a checkpoint).

Here's a 35 second clip of the last lap.
https://youtu.be/MlFIWdVgAjU

Excuse my poor driving (I am pretty **** all told) LOL

What if you just happened to use the best opportunity to pass several Drivatars on that route inspired by the flow of your team mates? :-P

But seriously, that's best place to do that and if you adjusted your speed and racing line to reflect your team mates, that can happen. There's something about that video though, like framerate pumping, is it just in my imagination?
 1 user liked this post.
#30 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 1:27:29 PM(UTC)
If credits are important to anyone , before you auction or scrap the "Caterham RS500 FE" prize car, remember there's 300,000 credit to claim from "Car Mastery" and it will only cost you a measly 19 "Skill Points".

Edited by user Thursday, September 5, 2019 1:31:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#31 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 1:30:22 PM(UTC)
Trial was done in one attempt. I had terrible 1st race, team lost, one quit. The remaining players were all from same clan. Took 6th second race, we won. Took 2nd 3rd race, we won.

1st race was two issues. One player hit me in to another player. That player took it out on me and pushed me off course. A little later I caught the wall stop on inside corner of tunnel....
#32 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 1:33:30 PM(UTC)
the catheram challenge is too difficult, the class cannot be improved, it seems to drive soap,i hope in a patch.....
#33 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 1:36:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post
What if you just happened to use the best opportunity to pass several Drivatars on that route inspired by the flow of your team mates? :-P

Like I said, they were long gone before I got near the drivatars!

There's something about that video though, like framerate pumping, is it just in my imagination?

Can't see it myself, but it was trimmed in the "Upload Studio" app on XB1 as the the regular "Trim" tool kept throwing up an error while trimming.

So with that and YT encoding, maybe that is why it's a bit rubbish (wasn't meant to win any media awards) LOL!

Edited by user Thursday, September 5, 2019 1:37:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#34 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 1:39:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
About 14 attempts it took to finish trial. Idiots trying to win by bouncing off walls are causing chaos.
Worst one I've had for a long time and for a meh car!

#35 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 1:42:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ripperoo UK Go to Quoted Post

Like I said, they were long gone before I got near the drivatars!

There's something about that video though, like framerate pumping, is it just in my imagination?

Can't see it myself, but it was trimmed in the "Upload Studio" app on XB1 as the the regular "Trim" tool kept throwing up an error while trimming.

So with that and YT encoding, maybe that is why it's a bit rubbish (wasn't meant to win any media awards) LOL!

Oh, that's okay. I just wondered if there was some sort of network issue or something happening since you mentioned you felt like Drivatars were slower than expected. Now that has been ruled out and framerate fluctuation which may, or may not be there can be attributed to editing software, maybe we could attribute it to not Drivatars getting slower but you getting faster. ;-)
#36 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 2:17:46 PM(UTC)
I don't necessarily agree with winning cars from other games and calling them exclusives! Please. If the car was in FH3 and new to this game, why call it an exclusive?!!!
" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

#37 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 3:24:37 PM(UTC)
.................maybe we could attribute it to not Drivatars getting slower but you getting faster. ;-)
The only difference from when I was coming in 7th - 10th in the first three attempts, was that non-scientifically I tuned the transmission.

This enabled me to get a better position than previously, agreed, but I don't think the tune was anything special as the other three guys (who started at the front of the human pack) were gone, passing all the drivertars in the drift zone. I got from I think last or next to last place on the grid to fourth just after the drift zone.

Also, I cannot remember a time when all six of the human players were in the top six places.................ever.

Never mind, all done and dusted now!

Gonna try it again to see what happens.

Well, tried again, same car, same tune and they left me for dust!

So it must have been a glitched-trial but I'm thankful for that as it was a real PITA to be fair!

Edited by user Thursday, September 5, 2019 3:45:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#38 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 3:31:57 PM(UTC)
Overall bad deal PG. A difficult trial, annoying drift zone, waste of time Forzathon.

Edited by user Thursday, September 5, 2019 3:33:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#39 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 3:55:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
Overall bad deal PG. A difficult trial, annoying drift zone, waste of time Forzathon.

Maybe they are starting to wind it all down seeing that its coming up to 12 months life
Will we see much more support since they havent done it in any previous horizons
#40 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 4:16:59 PM(UTC)
Alright sharing my first tune for the trial. I didnt take very long on it but its there listed as 'R500 trial'

Edited by user Thursday, September 5, 2019 4:23:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
#41 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 4:25:27 PM(UTC)
That's why i hate AWD upgrade for (almost) every car, i don't know.

And i'm not saying it's easy but...

Simply the truth is: people CAN'T drive RWD cars when they need it, sucks so bad doing that because always drive AWD

I'm not mad, was able to win the trial anyway, my teamates well... just one guy stayed in lobby lol

2 users liked this post.
#42 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 4:48:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LoneWolfAlex Go to Quoted Post
need help with RWD Rear Engine Challenge.
What car/tune should I use?
I don't seem able to finish 1st...

Stock 2016 911 GT3 RS. Because this car has a PI that is almost close to S1, drivatar is also slower.
And this car has a great grip, so you can drive it almost like an AWD car. Probably the most suitable car for beginners.
#43 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 5:00:23 PM(UTC)
The trial is actually a really good set of races I thought. I won races 1 and 3 and would have won 2 but for a ridiculous reaction to getting near a drivatar as I was overtaking the leader (threw me around a checkpoint and dropped to last). Teammates did enough behind me and won 2-1.

For anyone who isn’t a truly expert racer, make sure you put TCS on and feather the throttle off the start line.
#44 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 5:02:06 PM(UTC)
Also, acquired a second Z4 expecting it to be worth millions - max selling price is 31,000?? Presume it falls into the category of so rare that no one ever sells one?
#45 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 5:13:25 PM(UTC)
Only took me 2 tries but i had a friend join me. Won the 1st race, lost the 2nd, won the 3rd. The car slides around a lot if you give it too much gas but it handles really well. Especially for the quick setup i threw on it. Didn't even test drive it, I know my base tune and I kind of nailed it

#46 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 6:00:59 PM(UTC)
It's not that the tracks were bad. Again with the festival circuit - good driving and braking is what's needed, not smashing into every wall. They do the same on the Ambleside village track which is very similar. That does not work on those tight tracks and you end up blocking guys who don't need to do that. We won it when I finally had a calm decent set of drivers that didn't just try and bounce off walls and smash into each other. It's not that it's a bad track people just don't know how to approach it for the most part. Also turn on TCS unless you are used to RWD in Horizon. One more point it's fine to block the AI if you are in the back but don't hit the guys up front while you are at it.

Edited by user Thursday, September 5, 2019 6:12:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#47 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 6:15:43 PM(UTC)
If Playground actually meant to have the Camaro in the shop for 700FP they might have actually become the most moronic group of developers I've come across in my 35 years. How stupid and out of touch do you have to be to think that made any sense whatsoever.
#48 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 7:03:01 PM(UTC)
I quite enjoyed the Trial this week. So much so that i did it 9 times last night.

I like a challenge and this was one indeed.

So far have a 7 - 2 record for wins.

Unlike AWD (which i drive all the time mind you), RWD involves more technical driving i reckon.

Jezza is right, use TC and SC if your not use to driving RWD.

I also created a tune which is based on handling and speed (in so far as much as you can).

Happy Racing people.
#49 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 7:05:00 PM(UTC)
I still drove with all assists off but it wasn't so bad the 2nd time around. I got the hang of it

#50 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2019 7:18:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Also, acquired a second Z4 expecting it to be worth millions - max selling price is 31,000?? Presume it falls into the category of so rare that no one ever sells one?

Yes very interesting that one.......

You can't buy it through Autoshow, It's not on Wheelspins (as far as i know) and it was a reward car.

Pactically all other cars (with some noteable exceptions) that meet that criteria have selling ranges of a couple hundred to millions in Auction House.

Must admit though i haven't played around with the Z4 for awhile and haven't even done any tunes with it.

Might do that today i think.......
5 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error