This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123Next
 9 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2019 12:07:51 AM(UTC)

I have played:

Forza Motorsport 2
Forza Motorsport 3 (completed it a few times on another account)
Forza Motorsport 4
Forza Motorsport 5 (DLC hell and did not like it)
Forza Motorsport 6

Forza Horizon 1
Forza Horizon 2
Forza Horizon 3
Forza Horizon 4

I have not tried Forza Motorsport 7 yet. But thinking of it.

Forza games are not fun anymore. It is like the devs tried to be as lazy as they could, and pulled out all the thing and features that made Forza games Forza. Forza games is more a grind for things you try ones and then never again.

Let me try to explain:

In Forza Motorsport 3 and 4 i think, we had an awesome storefront, that worked. You had x amound of slots for your tunes, paintjobs, and vinyl groubs and pictures. So you only uploaded your best work and you could set a price on your work, other players could buy and you make money, cool.

If you was not a tuner or painter, you could look for some tunes or paintjob others had made, and the most awesome thing about it was, you could sort your search results, in recent, highest rated, most downloaded and so on.

But the beauty of that system was that you didn't drown in countless tunes or paint jobs because you have x number of slots for your uploads. And when you found a paintjob you wanted to buy, you could free look the paintjob on the car, and not just a thumnail like today.

Ever since forza motorsport 5, they have removed the system and introduced what we know today that just doesn't work unless you are a known streamer or youtuber, otherwise you will not be seen. You have no options to sort your search results and you drown in ridiculously many tunes or paintjobs, because there is no limit to how many you can upload.

So the quality has dropped tremendously, to a bottom I didn't think was possible.

Back in the day, before Forza Motorsport 5, you could make a private lobby and play with bots, and make money that way, that was cool.

Forza games still has the Forza feeling, but just hanging on, because there is not much left of the Forza games anymore. The only element that is left, is the tuning and painting element, the rest is gone.

Sometimes i wonder, if the developers even are playing their own game at all, or if they only test it, hey it works, lets release it:-/

In a game where sole purpose if collecting cars mere than racing them, i wonder why every time i bought a car, i am back on the start menu again. Or if I have searched for a car in the auction house and I did not find what I was looking for, then I am back again, and have to start all over again, by clicking my way in.

No matter if it is the auctions house or I want to buy a new car, the result is the same, back to start again. Why has that feature not improved?

To all of you Forza players, who have played Forza Motorsport 3 or 4:

Do you wish Forza games since FM5 have been fun to play? or is Forza Horizon 4 any fun to play at all?

My answer is that it is not. I'm playing Forza Horizon 4 because I haven't been able to find another game to replace it.

Dear developers, try to find a copy of Forza Motorsport 3 or 4 and play it, an then see what made the Forza games so unique and incredibly entertaining to play and then try looking at Forza Horizon 4 or Forza Motorsport 7 and tell us gamers, that you like what you see and can sit for hours and play.

Make Forza fantastic again

Fnuggy out :-D
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2019 4:18:17 AM(UTC)
I think the games are still awesome. Devs currently look a bit lazy but I hope it will be better. Communication is a bad joke now. Overall I love current and old games and it's hard to satisfy everybody.
 12 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2019 4:44:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Fnuggy Go to Quoted Post

Sometimes i wonder, if the developers even are playing their own game at all, or if they only test it, hey it works, lets release it:-/

I absolutely get this. The perfect example, to me, is mileage challenges. We know they're broken due to a frame rate bug. If PG are at all listening to us, then they know they're broken as well. And yet, they keep using a feature they know is broken as part of the weekly challenges.

I could understand if they didn't prioritize a fix, and just stopped using mileage challenges for now. But to keep using it, week after week, knowing it's broken... there simply isn't a good excuse for that.
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2019 6:22:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
I think the games are still awesome. Devs currently look a bit lazy but I hope it will be better. Communication is a bad joke now. Overall I love current and old games and it's hard to satisfy everybody.

I know they can't please everyone, but i don't understand why the remove things from the game, and overall make the core mechanics more doll and boring, so that it feels like a grind to use. Try finding a good paintjob, it is a grind and a waste of time. The only thing you have to work with is a thumpnail, and maybe you're lucky to find a paintjob you want.

Can you se what i trying to say here? :-D

1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2019 6:29:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lowe0 Go to Quoted Post

I absolutely get this. The perfect example, to me, is mileage challenges. We know they're broken due to a frame rate bug. If PG are at all listening to us, then they know they're broken as well. And yet, they keep using a feature they know is broken as part of the weekly challenges.

I could understand if they didn't prioritize a fix, and just stopped using mileage challenges for now. But to keep using it, week after week, knowing it's broken... there simply isn't a good excuse for that.

I just drive untill it pops :-D

But what i am getting tired of, is the same races, the same jumps and so on, every week. It feels like a grind.

Today i have not booted the game up, i can't see the point any more. I have 500+ cars in the garage, i did buy 40 cars to complete something in the starcard, and the rest i have won in wheelspins. The AH is useless, when you just win cars in wheelspins.

The leaderboards har kind of useless, the top 100+ is glitchers and cheaters, så what is the point to try to get high on the board. So the only thing you have left is, racing custom highway race, making skill points to wheelspins, and buying cars for the money and so on :-D

4 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2019 7:46:35 AM(UTC)
The main problem is that the game is not made for car enthusiasts anymore, but tries to appeal to everyone. And that never works out.

Great features for racers that were introduced in FH3 like Bucketlist-Blueprints and Custom Championships were removed, performance-tuning has stayed essentially 100% the same since FH2, the car-list is incredibly outdated, some annoying bugs that have been there since Early Access (Nearly a year now) like the mileage-bug that was mentioned have not even been talked about, ranked adventures are the opposite of fun... But at least we got Lego...

I feel like PG only looks at the sale numbers and only sees that due to those sale-numbers, FH4 is a success. However if they took some time and went to the Forum, Reddit, YouTube or any other place where the Forza-Community expresses their opinion about the game they would realize that there are some enormous problems.
 2 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2019 10:55:40 AM(UTC)
IMO the people who want a new FM4, GTASA, NFSU2, Halo 3, etc. are those who don't understand the changes in gamers' needs and tastes from one generation to another.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#8 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2019 12:07:40 PM(UTC)
No part of participating in the seasonal events are fun for me, having to downgrade my cars and then race slower than I like to as a result of that is just dull!(not having the offline races in S1/2 cars is an odd choice week after week)
The online races are even more frustrating so I steer clear of them personally!
Also racing supercars offroad isn't my idea of fun either.
#9 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2019 12:34:58 PM(UTC)
Too many Cosmetics. But the rest is nice.
#10 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2019 1:19:03 PM(UTC)

I know they can't please everyone, but i don't understand why the remove things from the game, and overall make the core mechanics more doll and boring, so that it feels like a grind to use. Try finding a good paintjob, it is a grind and a waste of time. The only thing you have to work with is a thumpnail, and maybe you're lucky to find a paintjob you want.

Can you se what i trying to say here? :-D

Yeah, I understand. But I don't use paintjobs at all :D I use colours only and have it disabled for Drivatars. So I really don't care but I can image your suffering :D

3 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2019 2:38:24 PM(UTC)
I find FH fun, sometimes, when I get people playing the same way as I, a good race with challenger overtaking you and you overtaking him several times without ramming, that's rare but great to me.

Do chess master player play with beginners as challenge ? Is it fun to play fair play with cheating nephew ? Very rapidly it becomes boring. These aspects are totally rejected by PG people. Ramming is considered a good/fun thing and difficulty level you configured is not even considered when coming to online. Therefore I can understand why many get bored quickly.

#12 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2019 3:34:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lowe0 Go to Quoted Post
[quote=Fnuggy;1124573]

The leaderboards har kind of useless, the top 100+ is glitchers and cheaters, så what is the point to try to get high on the board. So the only thing you have left is, racing custom highway race, making skill points to wheelspins, and buying cars for the money and so on :-D

Maybe the top ten (especially when it is a car that can't do that speed or jump that distance at B class fully upgraded) but there are players like myself and a fair few others who can reguarly get into the top 100 through skillful driving and tuning our cars correctly.

Not on all mind you but a large amount of them.

I do get what your saying though. For me i like FH4 quite immensely but as with all games, sometimes it drives me insane with anger at other players actions or just flat out stupidity on the devs part.

They do try their best and it must be hard work trying to have everything work in sync at all times.
 11 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2019 4:14:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
IMO the people who want a new FM4, GTASA, NFSU2, Halo 3, etc. are those who don't understand the changes in gamers' needs and tastes from one generation to another.

Conversely, there are plenty of older gamers with disposable income looking to spend it on something better than just "Fortnite, but with cars".
 4 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2019 6:59:55 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Another example of lazy devs is the convertible version of cars, like the mclaren 650 spider they released with the top up, the ZR1 and ZL1 1LE copy and pasted, they only fixed those after a lot of complaints, that’s some low effort

I’ve only played FM7 and FH4 so I can’t attest to things that have changed but those two games have not given me a great impression of forza, not excited to get the next ones at all with direction the games seem to be headed

Edited by user Monday, September 2, 2019 5:32:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#15 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2019 8:25:04 PM(UTC)
I'd happily lose the storefront completely for the improvement in how cars handle/feel going from FM4 to FM5 and onward. And none of the current crop of Forza games feel like more of a grind to me than FM4. The Horizon series specifically, however... there are a lot of things that I like about it, but I think it's become too much sand and not enough box.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
#16 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2019 3:06:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: nayre33 Go to Quoted Post
[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Another example of lazy devs is the convertible version of cars, like the mclaren 650 spider they released with the top up, the ZR1 and ZL1 1LE copy and pasted, they only fixed those after a lot of complaints, that’s some low effort

I’ve only played FM7 and FH4 so I can’t attest to things that have changed but those two games have not given me a great impression of forza, not excited to get the next ones at all with direction the games seem to be headed

The playlist is a big problem for me too.

But you are not impressed with Forza? What better you can play? Current Forza games are among the best games.

Edited by user Monday, September 2, 2019 5:32:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#17 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2019 5:15:20 AM(UTC)

The playlist is a big problem for me too.

But you are not impressed with Forza? What better you can play? Current Forza games are among the best games.

It took them over a year to fix a headlight bug in FM7, making night driving almost impossible and the lighting isn’t the best for what it could be, little things like in videos of FM6/FH3 I saw the LaFerrari had active aero rear diffuser flaps, which aren’t animated in FM7/FH4, that seems like a downgrade to me, little things like that add up across a game, oh yeah tons of missing or wrong shifting animations, yes Forza looks great and has a ton of cars but bugs and errors, poor drivatars, etc make me regret buying the ultimate editions for full price. Just my opinion.

Edited by user Monday, September 2, 2019 5:33:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2019 5:27:36 AM(UTC)
, I’d rather pay for car packs and enjoy the game the way I want

So in other words, those who don't or cant pay for car packs (lol!! you don't get the cars most want) , should what? be in the same situation your now spouting?

How about working (like in other games) to achieve your rewards instead of whining about it.

It is not that hard.
 1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2019 5:35:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post
I'd happily lose the storefront completely for the improvement in how cars handle/feel going from FM4 to FM5 and onward. And none of the current crop of Forza games feel like more of a grind to me than FM4. The Horizon series specifically, however... there are a lot of things that I like about it, but I think it's become too much sand and not enough box.

Motorsport and Horizon are two different kettles of fish.

Sick of people wanting FH4 to be like Motorsport and vice versa.

Play one or the other and whinge about that respective game, don't try and marry the two together when they are not the same.

A lot of people have no problem doing Festival list or challenges, it seems that those who can't tend to complain the loudest on forums.

How about you better yourself at the game instead of trying to demand everyone lower themselves to you standards.
#20 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2019 6:07:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post

I can give you the right in terms of generation change in gaming, but does that mean that gamers today do not want to see the paintjob before download? :-D

What I want and mean by this topic are the things that made the Forza games what they are, is gone now. Because you can turn and turn your car when you buy a new car or buy one from the auction house, so the mechanics are in the game, just not when you download paint jobs.

2 users liked this post.
#21 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2019 6:09:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: wwwREXwww Go to Quoted Post

Play one or the other and whinge about that respective game, don't try and marry the two together when they are not the same.

A lot of people have no problem doing Festival list or challenges, it seems that those who can't tend to complain the loudest on forums.

How about you better yourself at the game instead of trying to demand everyone lower themselves to you standards.

And yet they are the same. They have removed the same options :-D

So the ONLY difference is, Forza Motorsport has fix tracks, and Forza Horizon do not :-D

#22 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2019 7:45:21 AM(UTC)

And yet they are the same. They have removed the same options :-D

So the ONLY difference is, Forza Motorsport has fix tracks, and Forza Horizon do not :-D

Tracks? i'm lost now........
#23 Posted : Monday, September 2, 2019 1:24:51 AM(UTC)

I didn't say that Horizon should necessarily be anything like Motorsport. Indeed, in some ways it could probably stand to be less like the Motorsport series. When I say it's become "too much sand and not enough box" that's in comparison to the first Horizon which still has the best sense of progression in the series.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
#24 Posted : Monday, September 2, 2019 7:50:46 AM(UTC)
Dunno if the devs have got lazy or are spending to much time on advert led tie ins like hotwheels and lego now I know some people love these but I loath them and literally use them only until I have completed all the achievements. This lego tie in is the last straw and Horizon Four will be the last game I buy especially when you realise that their has almost been as many different consoles issued than Forza games in the last few years Forza 5 brought us the XBone then came the XBone S then the XBone X and next year along comes another. We got Forza 5.6,7 and if you want to include them Horizon 2,3,4 even then you have a ratio of 2 to 1 games versus new consoles now while I applaud innovation I only bought new consoles to play better versions of Forza\Horizon and when you add in the hotwheel\lego portions of the game I just don't like the gaming experience I get from Forza now. Especially when they can't even be bothered to fix the long standing screw up in Forzathon which means you can never complete a Forzathon because any one cannot be completed if it includes a drive for distance for example the latest one drive your Noble 600 for 10 miles. Although in the scheme of things it's not a major disaster it is just another of the many things in the latest games that just erodes your enjoyment of them and as such i've had enough and will do as I suggest many others will and vote with my feet and credit card so no more new consoles or games i'm for me my only concern is what i'm going to do with all my new free time.
 8 users liked this post.
#25 Posted : Monday, September 2, 2019 1:52:55 PM(UTC)
, I’d rather pay for car packs and enjoy the game the way I want

So in other words, those who don't or cant pay for car packs (lol!! you don't get the cars most want) , should what? be in the same situation your now spouting?

How about working (like in other games) to achieve your rewards instead of whining about it.

It is not that hard.

Lol I work 50+ hours a week so that I can have a nice tv and one x and relax and enjoy games with what little free time I have. So now horizon is work that I have to do? yeah no thanks, any game that is “work” I am uninstalling, a challenge is nice. Weekly playlists, timed tasks, and unbeatable drivatars are not an enjoyable challenge, just browse these forums and I think you’ll see people who don’t enjoy grinding/working/logging in almost daily to work for cars.

“it’s not that hard” I think the “worst trial yet” thread disagrees with you. I’ve tried the trial 8 times now, placed top 3, and have yet to win, yeah that’s a blast, so much fun working waiting to connect to a trial, losing the challenge, and repeating,
3 Pages123Next

Notification

Icon
Error