9 Pages1234>>PrevNext
#26 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2019 11:08:41 PM(UTC)
OMG! Very thanks to Porsche 906 Carrera 6.
I love this cars.
 8 users liked this post.
#27 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2019 11:42:05 PM(UTC)
My guesses:
2019 Ferrari 488 Pista (Pasta, more likely hardtop than Spyder)
2018 Italdesign Zerouno (0-1, announced a year before the Pista)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner or Superbird (on the rocket)
1966 Porsche 906 Carrera 6
1951 Packard Clipper (Clippy?)
#28 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2019 11:56:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
My guesses:
2019 Ferrari 488 Pista (Pasta, more likely hardtop than Spyder)
2018 Italdesign Zerouno (0-1, announced a year before the Pista)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner or Superbird (on the rocket)
1966 Porsche 906 Carrera 6
1951 Packard Clipper (Clippy?)

There is a Holden car (FX I think?) whose model year is 1951, and it appears in FM7 as well

4 users liked this post.
#29 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2019 4:10:33 AM(UTC)
duplicate

Edited by user Monday, October 14, 2019 12:37:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#30 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2019 12:03:50 PM(UTC)
If do not have a Ferrari Pista, Performante/EVO, S/SVJ, i'm not interested on this update at all

1 Year and PG keep ignoring us and wishlist thread, about cars have been requested since FM7, i'm really tired of waiting for cars aren't exactly new!

The Crew 2 already have Pista, Performante, even Divo for example

The future NFS HEAT wil have all of this plus S/SVJ, both coupé/spyder version for all lambos

time is running and nothing...

and car pass half of cars was garbage

no excuses for that, and i will not buy FM8 only for these cars, it's a insult for community!

9 users liked this post.
#31 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2019 1:36:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TNTNRX Go to Quoted Post
If do not have a Ferrari Pista, Performante/EVO, S/SVJ, i'm not interested on this update at all

1 Year and PG keep ignoring us and wishlist thread, about cars have been requested since FM7, i'm really tired of waiting for cars aren't exactly new!

The future NFS HEAT wil have all of this plus S/SVJ, both coupé/spyder version for all lambos

no excuses for that, and i will not buy FM8 only for these cars, it's a insult for community!

This is funny! Lol..next toxic people.
#32 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2019 2:07:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lukas Sottnik Go to Quoted Post

say the guy who said lego cars are stupid...

maybe you should look yourself at a mirror before call other people "toxic"

11 users liked this post.
#33 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2019 2:51:56 AM(UTC)
Remember when we'd be happy to have 50-100 cars in a racing game without any hope of new ones being added? Now, when we have several hundred cars we apparently throw a hissy fit when a few more get added and it's not the hyperfad of the week. And if it wasn't that, someone would inevitably be whining about the necessity of downloading like it was just supposed to magically be there. And if they got past the downloading, they'd likely be crying that it doesn't sound just so on their overpriced Audiosnob brand sound system. And it's likely I've groused over some unrealistic expectations myself. But I wonder if we as gamers have set the bar so unrealistically ourselves, or if it's been set that way for us over time by the industry?
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 4 users liked this post.
#34 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2019 5:24:06 AM(UTC)

say the guy who said lego cars are stupid...

maybe you should look yourself at a mirror before call other people "toxic"

Yes..Lego cars is poor! Others Forza cars loving.
 5 users liked this post.
#35 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:02:41 PM(UTC)
lol! The Lego Cars are pretty stupid tbh
 1 user liked this post.
#36 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2019 9:12:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post
Remember when we'd be happy to have 50-100 cars in a racing game without any hope of new ones being added?

50-100? I remember the good old days of being perfectly satisfied with the original Need For Speed with its gigantic library of 8 WHOLE CARS (never unlocked the Warrior).
 3 users liked this post.
#37 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 3:36:15 AM(UTC)
Quick newsflash: We´re not playing a game in 2003, we´re playing a game in 2019. It´s just normal that expectations have grown, and PG has created these expectations.
Anyways, my guesses for the cars:
2019 Lamborghini Aventador SVJ (Pista could be there as well, but the Aventador SVJ started production in 2019 compared to the Pista which started in 2018; Could also be the Ferrari F8 Tributo)
2018 Italdesign Zerouno Duerta (Roaster version; Started production in 2018)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Superbird (Just a feeling...)
1966 Porsche 906 Carrera 6 (Confirmed...)
1951 Oldsmobile "Rocket" 88 (There is a rocket?)
 8 users liked this post.
#38 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 4:27:20 AM(UTC)

It's worth considering that whatever trendy S2 hyperobnoxious car already featured in some other competing franchise may very well have been secured as an exclusive by that game's studio. And for other newer, coveted cars topping wish lists that haven't appeard in any game yet, it's also well within the realm of possibility that the respective car vendors might not be too hot on the idea of their new flagships get underpowered or out of whack with the wonky PI, and getting all smashed and wrecked while in UGLY liveries and/or obnoxious political messages scrawled all across the hood. At least not until the car has launched into a successful sales life long enough that it is safe from being affected by potential risks to the brand. Marketing deptartments are gonna do their thing, your ranting demands are not likely high on their itinerary. Point is, a good deal of whatever presumed delay is probably not in PG control.

And if you think ANY car is garbage, perhaps you should try tuning it. Theres more to this game than just S2 HyperDrifting REEEE-REEEEE-REEEE-crash.

Edited by user Monday, August 26, 2019 4:32:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"Every train needs a caboose, right?"
 2 users liked this post.
#39 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 5:22:19 AM(UTC)
^^ x 10
 5 users liked this post.
#40 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 6:01:24 AM(UTC)
I'm not getting the desire of always having the latest Hyper/Megacars ingame either. The automotive world has so much more to offer.
Now it seems like PG is adding the 488 Pista & Zerouno. What if they end up like the Rimac C_2? Butchered by the PI system and barely useful for anything except cruising around. I hope the Zerouno will find its place in S1 but the Pista seems lost - like the Porsche 911 GT2 RS or McLaren 720S.

Former sports/super cars are way more interesting to me. With history, starting at a lower PI to allow car building and so on.
Venturi 300 atlantique/400GT as French sports cars from the 90s.
Lister Storm V12 with the biggest road-going V12 ever built at it's reveal.
Cizeta V16T with the first real V16 engine.
Ford GT90, Dodge Copperhead or the VW Nardó V12 as promising concept cars.
#41 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 10:39:59 AM(UTC)

Yes..Lego cars is poor! Others Forza cars loving.

wow another post full of logic and correct grammar

Originally Posted by: EnderOfSubris Go to Quoted Post
lol! The Lego Cars are pretty stupid tbh

yeah if you like a model, it's great no problem, PG is awesome, congrats...

if don't, it's stupid, whatever

if other people request something different, it's stupid too

pretty clear what people trying to do!

Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post

It's worth considering that whatever trendy S2 hyperobnoxious car already featured in some other competing franchise may very well have been secured as an exclusive by that game's studio. And for other newer, coveted cars topping wish lists that haven't appeard in any game yet, it's also well within the realm of possibility that the respective car vendors might not be too hot on the idea of their new flagships get underpowered or out of whack with the wonky PI, and getting all smashed and wrecked while in UGLY liveries and/or obnoxious political messages scrawled all across the hood. At least not until the car has launched into a successful sales life long enough that it is safe from being affected by potential risks to the brand. Marketing deptartments are gonna do their thing, your ranting demands are not likely high on their itinerary. Point is, a good deal of whatever presumed delay is probably not in PG control.

And if you think ANY car is garbage, perhaps you should try tuning it. Theres more to this game than just S2 HyperDrifting REEEE-REEEEE-REEEE-crash.

I honestly don't believe in anything that you said

the problem with PG it's called LAZYNESS, nothing more, don't try to defend them, you don't get fixes, improvements, requests, almost nothing!

one or two improvements here and there it's not enough, we expect more for an expensive game

and about cars, i don't remember said any car is garbage, but when we already have a full DLC with drift cars, i don't want a useles and filler car like Silverado Deberti, nobody asking for this

instead give the original one, if you want drift, apply tuning for that

"Theres more to this game than just S2 HyperDrifting REEEE-REEEEE-REEEE-crash"

That's your words, i don't play this game for drifting every time, in fact i don't like drift

Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
I'm not getting the desire of always having the latest Hyper/Megacars ingame either. The automotive world has so much more to offer.
Now it seems like PG is adding the 488 Pista & Zerouno. What if they end up like the Rimac C_2? Butchered by the PI system and barely useful for anything except cruising around. I hope the Zerouno will find its place in S1 but the Pista seems lost - like the Porsche 911 GT2 RS or McLaren 720S.

Former sports/super cars are way more interesting to me. With history, starting at a lower PI to allow car building and so on.

Because cars are unique, simple as that, you don't need to understand nothing, people have different interests and tastes and some people don't respect that AT ALL on this forum!

The Performante(probably EVO too) is faster than a Aventador SV on straight line or a track, even with less power, it's a fact

and that's why now the SVJ exists, to outperform the Performante, so 488 Pista/New Mclarens, same thing

forget about PI and sound, people just want new cars to make game more interesting and old cars too

i like old cars, a lot, most of the time i'll drive them

but doesn't mean that i don't want new models anymore, nothing wrong with then, just accept new cars will always be desirable

and the wishlist thread doesn't lie, and again people doesn't respect this, so close the topic, why bother, at the end PG always do what they want to do!

5 users liked this post.
#42 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 10:46:04 AM(UTC)

and the wishlist thread doesn't lie, and again people doesn't respect this, so close the topic, why bother, at the end PG always do what they want to do!

The wishlish simply represents the wishes of those who know about the list and care to add to it.

Given the small numbers of requests, vs the total number who play the game, I'm not all that sure that this wishlist should be the end all of what should be added to the game.
#43 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 10:51:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post

As much as I want to see the Pista in the game (not as much as the Lister Storm!), you're right.

Personally I think the PI system kinda ruins the game, because it limits freedom. Sometimes I just want to fool around in a car. But the existence of classes will remove certain cars from contention, or make it so you need to turn them into something else in order to be competitive.

You also can't make Blueprints with custom PI, only classes. If PG just added custom PI tweaks to Blueprints would be the single best addition to the game in a while. It would help route creators even further.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
 1 user liked this post.
#44 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 11:54:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Personally I think the PI system kinda ruins the game, because it limits freedom. Sometimes I just want to fool around in a car. But the existence of classes will remove certain cars from contention, or make it so you need to turn them into something else in order to be competitive.

How would you separate cars into competitive brackets without some sort of PI system?
#45 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 12:09:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Galaxie5002012 Go to Quoted Post

How would you separate cars into competitive brackets without some sort of PI system?

It goes deeper: why are people looking for any competitive element in Forza Horizon?

I just got ranked in FFA. According to Xbox Live, around 1.25% of FH4 players are ranked in any of the disciplines (I think Drift is excluded). Considering FH4 reportedly has over 10 million players, that's about 125,000 players or so, which is way too little. And I'd bet on a sizable chunk of those to be people who were forced into Ranked because of the Playlist and never bother with it.

Furthermore, what's the point in a metagame where, out of hundreds of cars, there's one of two clearly dominant ones in a class/discipline combo? I've raced against Track-tors, Bone Shakers, etc., if the other guy is minimally skilled, you ain't catching him. It's useless to compete, let alone group cars by performance, when the system is flawed and Playground even takes advantage of it by adding the Bone Shaker and the X-Class Mercedes as Playlist prizes for Trial, 80% completion, etc., which are things that greatly boost monthly playtime.

I've always thought of Forza Horizon as the vacation between two Forza Motorsport games, but now Forza Horizon sells more so it's become the "main" one. The people who want to have Ranked play in it are for the most part ex-Motorsport players who either found out they prefer Horizon or have gotten bored of Motorsport due to lack of significant updates and/or support. It's telling that FH1 didn't have a PI system but, as the franchise grew, it was added to FH2 and later.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
 4 users liked this post.
#46 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 12:28:32 PM(UTC)
Porsche 718 Cayman GTS

Edited by user Monday, August 26, 2019 2:55:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#47 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 12:41:53 PM(UTC)
And I'd bet on a sizable chunk of those to be people who were forced into Ranked because of the Playlist and never bother with it.

A then a one race every month :D It's funny but I do exactly one race every month :( I think the game is more ambitious than that.
#48 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 12:56:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Galaxie5002012 Go to Quoted Post

It goes deeper: why are people looking for any competitive element in Forza Horizon?

I just got ranked in FFA. According to Xbox Live, around 1.25% of FH4 players are ranked in any of the disciplines (I think Drift is excluded). Considering FH4 reportedly has over 10 million players, that's about 125,000 players or so, which is way too little. And I'd bet on a sizable chunk of those to be people who were forced into Ranked because of the Playlist and never bother with it.

Furthermore, what's the point in a metagame where, out of hundreds of cars, there's one of two clearly dominant ones in a class/discipline combo? I've raced against Track-tors, Bone Shakers, etc., if the other guy is minimally skilled, you ain't catching him. It's useless to compete, let alone group cars by performance, when the system is flawed and Playground even takes advantage of it by adding the Bone Shaker and the X-Class Mercedes as Playlist prizes for Trial, 80% completion, etc., which are things that greatly boost monthly playtime.

I've always thought of Forza Horizon as the vacation between two Forza Motorsport games, but now Forza Horizon sells more so it's become the "main" one. The people who want to have Ranked play in it are for the most part ex-Motorsport players who either found out they prefer Horizon or have gotten bored of Motorsport due to lack of significant updates and/or support. It's telling that FH1 didn't have a PI system but, as the franchise grew, it was added to FH2 and later.

PI system matters in Single Player too, because it's that or worse Rubber Band AI. It's PI brackets that makes it possible to have less rubber banding Drivatars. Performance brackets also help greatly players to abstract performance of cars, which we have hundreds, instead of going trough them one by one, which would be nightmare.

What's different in FH4 PI in comparison to FH2 and FH3 is, I guess, that improved physics require rethinking of PI system too. Practical examples from playlists like races with MB-Truck where it was no way competitive against normal Drivatar cars but on lowest difficulty even upgraded to max within PI limit, and one Trial where Mercedes 6x6 weren't competitive despite being upgraded to max PI and driven by very experienced players. Latest challenges with Porsche 959 indicate that it's quite difficult to actually take full advantage of it's PI. Trac-Tor is another example, this time for PI being broken towards advantage. I think PI system needs some tweaking and I wish that would happen as I can't think of better system.

#49 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 1:07:14 PM(UTC)

Seems I was right about the 718 and it's a Cayman. There's the question whether Porsche wants it registered as a 2019 car or 2018.
#50 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 9:25:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post

PI system matters in Single Player too, because it's that or worse Rubber Band AI.

Funny, I don't recall it being a problem in FH1.

Edit: Mind you, I don't think we had the Drivatar system then, either, which is a whole other discussion.

Edited by user Monday, August 26, 2019 9:27:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
9 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error