This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
5 Pages<<345Prev
#101 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2019 2:29:13 AM(UTC)
Sony/ps with GTS is losing against Horizon even if sony/ps are winning console war ;)

Edited by user Sunday, August 18, 2019 2:43:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#102 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2019 4:01:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DylanDrog Go to Quoted Post
Sony/ps with GTS is losing against Horizon even if sony/ps are winning console war ;)

The comparison between GTS vs Forza Horizon/Motorsport argument of which Franchise is losing or winning is no longer valid. Both Forza Horzion and Forza Motorsport are not console exclusive anymore. Anyone with a PC that meets said requirements is able to purchase and play current Forza games now. Smart move on Microsoft, barring some of the PC hardware conflicts that many users have encountered. Microsoft-Forza vs Sony-GT is no longer an apples to apples comparison.

Side note I completely agree with you about FM6's soundtrack, that was and most likely will always be my favorite.
#103 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2019 8:21:20 AM(UTC)
Correct - it's just not a fair comparison.

And yes, superb soundtrack in FM6.
#104 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2019 3:44:53 AM(UTC)
I think Forza Motorsport 5 and 6 had the best soundtrack.

When it comes to comparisons, they're never fair. Even when Forza Motorsport was a Microsoft exclusive. it was almost impossible to gauge sale numbers because the PS4 outsold the Xbox One by quite a big margin. Now that Forza is on Windows 10, it's the exact same issue, just reversed. Comparing Horizon to Granturismo is tough as well because they're too different genres one being far more accessible to casual players than the other. The only way you can get a fair comparison is when both titles are on the same platform and in the same genre targeting the same audience.
#105 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2019 7:45:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post

When it comes to comparisons, they're never fair. Even when Forza Motorsport was a Microsoft exclusive. it was almost impossible to gauge sale numbers because the PS4 outsold the Xbox One by quite a big margin. Now that Forza is on Windows 10, it's the exact same issue, just reversed. Comparing Horizon to Granturismo is tough as well because they're too different genres one being far more accessible to casual players than the other. The only way you can get a fair comparison is when both titles are on the same platform and in the same genre targeting the same audience.

Well, you know - for what it's worth, and I'm veering slight off topic here - GTS is kind of boring... despite it's excellent car sounds and real-life like lighting model/graphics. I find Forza far more exciting.

Carry on lads - sorry for the off-topic then!
#106 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2019 8:06:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GlorifiedDemon Go to Quoted Post
Shocking but I guess not surprising when I sit back and think about it. Just this morning I was wondering why MP lobbies were mostly empty except for S and R class. Leagues are just as bad. I guess enough people have left the game to no longer make it worth it for T10 to keep attempting to fix ongoing bugs and subpar features.

I've literally just fired up FM7 to "give it yet another go", read this, and instead I'm mumbling to myself "Ugh, back to FM6 again then...".

It would very interesting to know how many motor sport game fans were only on Xbox for Forza and have now abandoned Xbox altogether to give Playstation a go. Without an expensive rig/setup, Forza and GT are the only two racing games near enough to simulation level. I'm not an avid blog reader but doesn't Playstation support VR for GT Sport?

I wish it wasn't so but I really don't see a way back for Forza Motorsport. I've had many years' fun with Motorsport but as tight-fisted as I am (refusing to buy an X) even I'm thinking about moving to Playstation...

I play on PC and got a buddy I met on Xbox to switch to PS4 for GT. I love Forza, but GT utterly destroys FM7. Hopefully FM8 makes some massive changes.
#107 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2019 12:53:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: opencamswrx Go to Quoted Post

Well, you know - for what it's worth, and I'm veering slight off topic here - GTS is kind of boring... despite it's excellent car sounds and real-life like lighting model/graphics. I find Forza far more exciting.

GT Sport I found did so many things right and so many things wrong. I've never really liked this physics of GT Sport, they have a weightless floaty feel akin to Codemaster's titles. The collisions are pretty iffy and always have been and I didn't really like the Force Feedback, though I was playing on a different rig so I can't really definitively make a judgment. The game also lacked really basic features and had almost no content and don't get me started on their penalty system.

However GT has always done some excellent work in some regards. I think that the license system has always been superb and a feature every "SIM" should look deep into. I think the graphics are stunning, especially with the baked ray tracing. They have really nice touches like different race tire compounds, fuel loads and actual pitstops. I love that they have a fuel and ERS model similar to the F1 games, I think that's such a great and overlooked feature.

I personally prefer FM7, I just think it's an overall slightly better package but I think both titles could learn a lot from one another and I think the first title to pick up on the others' great areas will take a massive stronghold.
#108 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2019 2:22:23 AM(UTC)

GT Sport I found did so many things right and so many things wrong. I've never really liked this physics of GT Sport, they have a weightless floaty feel akin to Codemaster's titles. The collisions are pretty iffy and always have been and I didn't really like the Force Feedback, though I was playing on a different rig so I can't really definitively make a judgment. The game also lacked really basic features and had almost no content and don't get me started on their penalty system.

However GT has always done some excellent work in some regards. I think that the license system has always been superb and a feature every "SIM" should look deep into. I think the graphics are stunning, especially with the baked ray tracing. They have really nice touches like different race tire compounds, fuel loads and actual pitstops. I love that they have a fuel and ERS model similar to the F1 games, I think that's such a great and overlooked feature.

I personally prefer FM7, I just think it's an overall slightly better package but I think both titles could learn a lot from one another and I think the first title to pick up on the others' great areas will take a massive stronghold.

Agreed - GT is fun in many ways but the physics are just strange. I wouldn't call them arcade. Just strange. And too generic. No learning curve.
#109 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2019 10:15:20 PM(UTC)
T10, please don't abandon this game just yet - many of us will still be on One-X when Scarlett releases next year and would love to see more improvements being added to FM7.

Because FM8 will be playable on the One X? All Scarlett games will, but Scarlett is such a huge graphical jump that people will naturally want to move on.

I personally wanted to see FM7 morph into FM8 over time but it seems they want to make deeper changes this time around and keeping FM7 as their main engine doesn't make much sense from a development standpoint.

The game's current assets won't even scratch the Scarlett's potential, as FM7 already runs at 4K60 and does so on the full Nordschleife with rain. For Scarlett they'll want to bring all the cars and tracks up to spec, most certainly, while downscaling the games to meet requirements on lesser machines.

Now, this thread is a complete disaster from the very beginning.

Starting with the praise FM6 gets. FM6 is the single most overrated game in the history of the franchise. Yes, it's true. I think the only area in which FM6 has FM7 beat is sounds, but even then, FM6 retains lots of those old sounds with little range that would need to be dropped one day, and it has its fair share of lemons.

Other than that, FM7 wasn't popular because homologation was supposed to be the new meta and people couldn't race their Civics against supercars, but that's a sidestep from FM6 and not a downgrade. Also, the career mode in FM6 is easily worse than 7's, and no amount of James May and Richard Hammond will change it, as the things people criticize in 7 are present in 6 (limited PI, limited choice), with the added drawback of having those arcade mod cards that shouldn't make any sense in a track-focused game. AI is worse (they drive like a bunch of n00bs), rain is far worse with the death puddles, even graphics aren't impressive since it's still based on the first Xbox One. Quick race menu is worse since you can't change tunes on the fly.

I must go on to point out the hilarity of the same old tired arguments against the Xbox One itself, ranging from "PS4 had lots of games at launch", which is a complete lie since the Xbox One had a stronger lineup in 2013, to the commonplace "Xbox has no games", which is also a lie since up until 2016 the Xbox One had a strong first-party support. So Halo 5's story wasn't to your liking? Doesn't change the fact Halo 5 plays the best out of all Halos. What about JD Fenix being boring? Won't change how Gears 4 is the most refined Gears game ever.

Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive were two major hits on the Xbox One, so much that Sony handpicked Insomniac to create Spider-Man, a game that incorporates much of Sunset Overdrive's design, and Remedy is having success with Control, which draws heavily from Quantum Break. Put those games on the PlayStation and people will instantly love them.

It seems to me most gamers these days are impressed by cinematics and tricks, which Sony is expert at since, you know, they happen to own a film studio (Sony Interactive Entertainment). But their momentum is already starting to slow down considering how badly rated Days Gone was. In fact, it was rated much worse than those "weak games" the Xbox One has.

Finally, the Xbox One X being a "flop" is the single most ridiculous thing I've read on this forum, and I've dealt with the worst people in the Horizon subforums and Discord more than once. The X is responsible for literally resurrecting the Xbox as a brand. It sold 4K to the masses, and it's the best at playing every enhanced game on the market. By that account the PS4 Pro would be a "flop" as well, which is funny because the Pro is indeed a flop. Sony is tight-lipped when it comes to PS4 Pro sales, preferring to report on general PS4 sales instead.

The Xbox One may have lost this generation but, going into the next, whichever angle you approach it, its foundation is much stronger than PlayStation's. And Forza will surely benefit from it.

Edited by user Sunday, September 1, 2019 10:54:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#110 Posted : Monday, September 2, 2019 7:55:54 AM(UTC)
I noticed some people are saying that they cant get into MP, I also had this problem and I tried everything but Only one thing worked for me . You must 1st go the start , Then go to Settings once this is open go to Gaming open it up and scroll all the way down until see X-box Networking. OK Look at the X-box Live Multiplayer Under it, It will say NAT Type if is says Teredo is unable to qualify and server connectivity must be open. if they are not working there is a Option that says Fix right under it click that let it fix the client. After that reboot your PC and go back to settings and Open up gaming again go right back to Gaming and back to X-box networking Under server connectivity hit check again now your client will say open on both ports Under Nat type and server connectivity. After that your problem is solved and game will work for multiplayer. Avoid going to YouTube looking for temporary fixes as they will not work. I hope this helps you guy's with similar issues.
#111 Posted : Monday, September 2, 2019 7:56:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: St0rmshadow2k7 Go to Quoted Post
I noticed some people are saying that they cant get into MP, I also had this problem and I tried everything but Only one thing worked for me . You must 1st go the start , Then go to Settings once this is open go to Gaming open it up and scroll all the way down until see X-box Networking. OK Look at the X-box Live Multiplayer Under it, It will say NAT Type if is says Teredo is unable to qualify and server connectivity must be open. if they are not working there is a Option that says Fix right under it click that let it fix the client. After that reboot your PC and go back to settings and Open up gaming again go right back to Gaming and back to X-box networking Under server connectivity hit check again now your client will say open on both ports Under Nat type and server connectivity. After that your problem is solved and game will work for multiplayer. Avoid going to YouTube looking for temporary fixes as they will not work. I hope this helps you guy's with similar issues.

#112 Posted : Tuesday, September 3, 2019 12:27:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
T10, please don't abandon this game just yet - many of us will still be on One-X when Scarlett releases next year and would love to see more improvements being added to FM7.

Because FM8 will be playable on the One X? All Scarlett games will, but Scarlett is such a huge graphical jump that people will naturally want to move on.

I personally wanted to see FM7 morph into FM8 over time but it seems they want to make deeper changes this time around and keeping FM7 as their main engine doesn't make much sense from a development standpoint.

The game's current assets won't even scratch the Scarlett's potential, as FM7 already runs at 4K60 and does so on the full Nordschleife with rain. For Scarlett they'll want to bring all the cars and tracks up to spec, most certainly, while downscaling the games to meet requirements on lesser machines.

Now, this thread is a complete disaster from the very beginning.

Starting with the praise FM6 gets. FM6 is the single most overrated game in the history of the franchise. Yes, it's true. I think the only area in which FM6 has FM7 beat is sounds, but even then, FM6 retains lots of those old sounds with little range that would need to be dropped one day, and it has its fair share of lemons.

Other than that, FM7 wasn't popular because homologation was supposed to be the new meta and people couldn't race their Civics against supercars, but that's a sidestep from FM6 and not a downgrade. Also, the career mode in FM6 is easily worse than 7's, and no amount of James May and Richard Hammond will change it, as the things people criticize in 7 are present in 6 (limited PI, limited choice), with the added drawback of having those arcade mod cards that shouldn't make any sense in a track-focused game. AI is worse (they drive like a bunch of n00bs), rain is far worse with the death puddles, even graphics aren't impressive since it's still based on the first Xbox One. Quick race menu is worse since you can't change tunes on the fly.

I must go on to point out the hilarity of the same old tired arguments against the Xbox One itself, ranging from "PS4 had lots of games at launch", which is a complete lie since the Xbox One had a stronger lineup in 2013, to the commonplace "Xbox has no games", which is also a lie since up until 2016 the Xbox One had a strong first-party support. So Halo 5's story wasn't to your liking? Doesn't change the fact Halo 5 plays the best out of all Halos. What about JD Fenix being boring? Won't change how Gears 4 is the most refined Gears game ever.

Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive were two major hits on the Xbox One, so much that Sony handpicked Insomniac to create Spider-Man, a game that incorporates much of Sunset Overdrive's design, and Remedy is having success with Control, which draws heavily from Quantum Break. Put those games on the PlayStation and people will instantly love them.

It seems to me most gamers these days are impressed by cinematics and tricks, which Sony is expert at since, you know, they happen to own a film studio (Sony Interactive Entertainment). But their momentum is already starting to slow down considering how badly rated Days Gone was. In fact, it was rated much worse than those "weak games" the Xbox One has.

Finally, the Xbox One X being a "flop" is the single most ridiculous thing I've read on this forum, and I've dealt with the worst people in the Horizon subforums and Discord more than once. The X is responsible for literally resurrecting the Xbox as a brand. It sold 4K to the masses, and it's the best at playing every enhanced game on the market. By that account the PS4 Pro would be a "flop" as well, which is funny because the Pro is indeed a flop. Sony is tight-lipped when it comes to PS4 Pro sales, preferring to report on general PS4 sales instead.

The Xbox One may have lost this generation but, going into the next, whichever angle you approach it, its foundation is much stronger than PlayStation's. And Forza will surely benefit from it.

Where has it been stated that all Scarlett games will run on the xbox one X
I have ONLY seen than all xbox one games will be playable on the Scarlett..not the other way round..doesnt make sense either..why would they even bother releasing a next gen console if that was the case
I can understand than some games will be downgraded to play on the xbox one like when it was originalky released ...but not all
#113 Posted : Tuesday, September 3, 2019 12:31:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
I have ONLY seen than all xbox one games will be playable on the Scarlett..not the other way round..doesnt make sense either..why would they even bother releasing a next gen console if that was the case
I can understand than some games will be downgraded to play on the xbox one like when it was originalky released ...but not all

Microsoft has been very open and clear that Xbox is not a console, it's a platform. Their aim since the inception of Scorpio was that any software for the Xbox platform would work on all currently manufactured consoles. Today those consoles are the Xbox One, One S, and One X. Scarlett is simply the next leap in technology and processing, but they have said that they are sticking to their original plan.

All games licensed to run on any Xbox hardware must be playable on all current Xbox models.

Now there is talk that once Scarlett releases, they may decide to stop production of the One, and One S. This could limit games to only be available for the One X and Scarlett. But rest assured, Microsoft has invested heavily in not dumping an old console as soon as the new one comes along.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 3, 2019 12:32:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#114 Posted : Tuesday, September 3, 2019 5:58:31 PM(UTC)
Clearly my use of the word flop to describe the Xbox one x has brought the opposing view of my opinion out in force. Maybe instead of focusing on my word choice read my reasoning? The Xbox one x is a major frustration for me.

I paid $600 for the Xbox when it first came out. It lasted a year longer than it’s warranty and the Kinect shorted out and caused internal hemorrhaging inside the xbox. I replaced it with the one S which was relatively new on the block. Another $400. Under the instruction of tech support I plugged the console straight into the wall avoiding the surge protector. (Microsoft tech support, if you’ve ever had a power problem they will recommend you not use a surge protector! Seriously, call them and try for yourself!) Then I needed a new controller, the old one couldn’t reach full lock on steering and the d pad was weak. $60. Then my house got struck by lightning, and I lost my Xbox one S (because it was plugged straight into the wall per Microsoft tech support). Went to the store, bought a One X. $500+. To play the same games all the other consoles could play, just a little better. And I still had to buy an external hard drive because none of the consoles have enough storage space to be useful in their own. More than $200 for a fast enough USB 3.0 external drive. Especially considering that 200+ gigs of the internal is used up for OS and prime software. Even if I buy discs the stupid console installs it to the hard drive!

Lightning strike aside these products are expensive. They have quality control issues. They have lackluster customer service. I have spent more on this generation of Xbox consoles than ALL OF MY OTHER CONSOLES COMBINED. That is not including game purchases. And I’m going all the way back to my Nintendo 64 that I got as a kid.

That is my problem. And now we are doing it again! I couldn’t care less about Scarlett but I’m sure some calamity will befall my Xbox one X about 6 months after it comes out and Scarlett will be just slightly more expensive than a replacement one X. So logically I’ll get the shiny new one so I can play the same games all the other consoles can play.

Maybe it’s not all Microsoft’s fault. Maybe technology is advancing quicker than consoles can accommodate. But if the only difference is a new case and some quantum processor from outer space couldn’t I send my Xbox to Microsoft for a nominal fee and have the hardware upgraded? If the Xbox is a “platform” why can’t it be upgraded like a computer? Why do I have to drop $3-500 dollars to buy a new plastic box every 1-2 years to play the same games?

Flop = frustration.
Sales figures for Xbox mean nothing to me.

Edited by user Tuesday, September 3, 2019 6:06:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#115 Posted : Tuesday, September 3, 2019 7:26:58 PM(UTC)
Words have meanings, you don't just redefine a word to mean whatever you want it to mean. You said it was a flop and you can't back that up. End of story.
#116 Posted : Tuesday, September 3, 2019 9:09:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Cerrax Go to Quoted Post

Microsoft has been very open and clear that Xbox is not a console, it's a platform. Their aim since the inception of Scorpio was that any software for the Xbox platform would work on all currently manufactured consoles. Today those consoles are the Xbox One, One S, and One X. Scarlett is simply the next leap in technology and processing, but they have said that they are sticking to their original plan.

All games licensed to run on any Xbox hardware must be playable on all current Xbox models.

Now there is talk that once Scarlett releases, they may decide to stop production of the One, and One S. This could limit games to only be available for the One X and Scarlett. But rest assured, Microsoft has invested heavily in not dumping an old console as soon as the new one comes along.

Didnt answer my question
But the Scarlett is not part of the xbox one family
It will be be next gen..just like the xbox one was to the xbox 360
Why start next gen when the same games will be playable on the predecessing console
#117 Posted : Tuesday, September 3, 2019 11:33:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: markvii1 Go to Quoted Post
Clearly my use of the word flop to describe the Xbox one x has brought the opposing view of my opinion out in force. Maybe instead of focusing on my word choice read my reasoning? The Xbox one x is a major frustration for me.

I paid $600 for the Xbox when it first came out. It lasted a year longer than it’s warranty and the Kinect shorted out and caused internal hemorrhaging inside the xbox. I replaced it with the one S which was relatively new on the block. Another $400. Under the instruction of tech support I plugged the console straight into the wall avoiding the surge protector. (Microsoft tech support, if you’ve ever had a power problem they will recommend you not use a surge protector! Seriously, call them and try for yourself!) Then I needed a new controller, the old one couldn’t reach full lock on steering and the d pad was weak. $60. Then my house got struck by lightning, and I lost my Xbox one S (because it was plugged straight into the wall per Microsoft tech support). Went to the store, bought a One X. $500+. To play the same games all the other consoles could play, just a little better. And I still had to buy an external hard drive because none of the consoles have enough storage space to be useful in their own. More than $200 for a fast enough USB 3.0 external drive. Especially considering that 200+ gigs of the internal is used up for OS and prime software. Even if I buy discs the stupid console installs it to the hard drive!

Lightning strike aside these products are expensive. They have quality control issues. They have lackluster customer service. I have spent more on this generation of Xbox consoles than ALL OF MY OTHER CONSOLES COMBINED. That is not including game purchases. And I’m going all the way back to my Nintendo 64 that I got as a kid.

That is my problem. And now we are doing it again! I couldn’t care less about Scarlett but I’m sure some calamity will befall my Xbox one X about 6 months after it comes out and Scarlett will be just slightly more expensive than a replacement one X. So logically I’ll get the shiny new one so I can play the same games all the other consoles can play.

Maybe it’s not all Microsoft’s fault. Maybe technology is advancing quicker than consoles can accommodate. But if the only difference is a new case and some quantum processor from outer space couldn’t I send my Xbox to Microsoft for a nominal fee and have the hardware upgraded? If the Xbox is a “platform” why can’t it be upgraded like a computer? Why do I have to drop $3-500 dollars to buy a new plastic box every 1-2 years to play the same games?

Flop = frustration.
Sales figures for Xbox mean nothing to me.

Consider yourself very lucky to have a flawlessly working One-X because many, many folks around the world had their consoles malfunctioning due to internal HDD failure within just a few weeks or months of buying. Some got the E bootup errors out of the box or 1-2 days after buying it.

Sad, really. No way to say how reliable the Scarlett's hardware will be. Seems ever since the X360 days, they have some kind of 'hardware plague or disease' built into the console to render it useless after a while.

#118 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2019 3:43:51 AM(UTC)

I have no doubts Microsoft want to reach as large audience as possible, but I'm certain "next gen" games will eventually stop being released on the Xbox One and the X. Otherwise they'd just drag down the maximum potential of newer games.

Normally when new consoles come out, we see multi platform games release and there usually aren't any major differences. Once the titles release exclusively to the newer consoles, the gains from a new generation are much more apparent.
#119 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2019 6:16:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Scimmia22 Go to Quoted Post
Words have meanings, you don't just redefine a word to mean whatever you want it to mean. You said it was a flop and you can't back that up. End of story.

When I preface a post with “in my opinion” I can absolutely use words to shape my argument. You are tying flop to sales figures which admittedly is a common way to view things. But something being a flop and still being a commercial success is entirely possible. The way I see things I am so deep into Microsoft with game and hardware purchases because their products don’t stand up to the task and the warranty is short enough that it doesn’t cover a failure relatively recently after purchase.

iPhones are a good example of products designed with failure in mind. Short battery life, locked OS, temperamental charging plugs, new versions every six months with high price tags. Yet they are the most prevalent and popular device on the market. Sales success at the expense of product longevity.

And to the above post I did have a hard drive failure on the first Xbox one X I bought right out of the box just after I redownloaded my entire game library (over 900 gigs) but GameStop replaced it for me with another so I didn’t include that in my out of pocket costs.

How many people have purchased multiple consoles of the same generation from different manufacturers? I don’t own any playstations so I can’t speak to Sony’s build quality. But I have one Nintendo 64 that still works. One Wii U, and one Switch I purchased for my fiancé, all functioning flawlessly. I really think that a sizeable portion of the “sales success” of the Xbox one is due to owners having to replace their consoles before their cycle is over due to failures.

I can tell you without a doubt in my mind that the only reason I own an Xbox one x at this point is because I have 80+ games on the console that I can’t play anywhere else. I would still own my original box if I didn’t lose it due to poor build quality.
#120 Posted : Wednesday, September 4, 2019 9:03:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GeneralGarric69 Go to Quoted Post
I have no doubts Microsoft want to reach as large audience as possible, but I'm certain "next gen" games will eventually stop being released on the Xbox One and the X. Otherwise they'd just drag down the maximum potential of newer games.

Normally when new consoles come out, we see multi platform games release and there usually aren't any major differences. Once the titles release exclusively to the newer consoles, the gains from a new generation are much more apparent.

I agree, but this is the first console generation where the gains in technology have been very slim. Diminishing returns and all that. The visible difference between games on the "High" and "Low" ends of the spectrum are almost imperceptible to a large swath of the audience. Compare Wolfenstein II on the Switch with Wolfenstein II on the Xbox One X. The biggest differences are framerate and resolution. Most of the effects are either intact, or slightly toned down. Unless you would put them side by side, you would be hard-pressed to find any major differences between them, and the One X is almost 10 times more powerful than the Switch!

Previous console generations, there were huge limitations lifted from the previous generation which made the leap look and feel significant. But that simply hasn't been the case for the most recent games. Graphics and speed are requiring more and more power without any major increase in quality.

This is why Microsoft has bet on Xbox as a platform, following the model of smartphones, where every year or 2 sees an incremental increase in performance, but all several previous models can still run most of the software.
#121 Posted : Friday, September 6, 2019 3:34:53 PM(UTC)
The physics of GT Sport are really good, it wasn't made to be played with a controller, it was made to be played with a wheel.
#122 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2019 3:44:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: markvii1 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Scimmia22 Go to Quoted Post

I really think that a sizeable portion of the “sales success” of the Xbox one is due to owners having to replace their consoles before their cycle is over due to failures.

I can tell you without a doubt in my mind that the only reason I own an Xbox one x at this point is because I have 80+ games on the console that I can’t play anywhere else. I would still own my original box if I didn’t lose it due to poor build quality.

This right here caught my attention - that's some true say you know. Perhaps MS inegrated "faults" into the console to gain an unfair sales advantage over Sony. Makes sense.

Not surprising though but then consumers are at the receiving end.

Originally Posted by: GeneralGarric69 Go to Quoted Post

I agree, but this is the first console generation where the gains in technology have been very slim. Diminishing returns and all that. The visible difference between games on the "High" and "Low" ends of the spectrum are almost imperceptible to a large swath of the audience. Compare Wolfenstein II on the Switch with Wolfenstein II on the Xbox One X. The biggest differences are framerate and resolution. Most of the effects are either intact, or slightly toned down. Unless you would put them side by side, you would be hard-pressed to find any major differences between them, and the One X is almost 10 times more powerful than the Switch!

Previous console generations, there were huge limitations lifted from the previous generation which made the leap look and feel significant. But that simply hasn't been the case for the most recent games. Graphics and speed are requiring more and more power without any major increase in quality.

This is why Microsoft has bet on Xbox as a platform, following the model of smartphones, where every year or 2 sees an incremental increase in performance, but all several previous models can still run most of the software.

"Previous console generations, there were huge limitations lifted from the previous generation which made the leap look and feel significant. "

Correct - the X360 looks and plays so much better than the very first Xbox hardware. Not the same with X360 ---> xbox one.

Edited by user Saturday, September 21, 2019 3:47:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#123 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2019 3:57:07 AM(UTC)
Have you played any games on an xbox 360 lately
Not by the sounds of it
Graphics wise games arent even close to xbox one
#124 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2019 7:49:21 AM(UTC)
Have you played any games on an xbox 360 lately
Not by the sounds of it
Graphics wise games arent even close to xbox one

The generation jump between very first to X360 is much wider than form X360 to Xone.

I think you're forgetting how good Horizon 1, FM3, all three Gears game, Rise of the TR etc. looked on the X360. Many other examples.

But yeah, I think from gen to gen, the differences aren't going to be as huge. I remember how massive the improvements were between 16-bit SNES/Mega Drive to 32-bit PS1. Ah, the days!
5 Pages<<345Prev

Notification

Icon
Error