6 Pages123>>Next
 3 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 6:37:04 AM(UTC)
WINTER
Starts August 15 2019 at 7:30 a.m. Pacific
This is the third season of Series 12.

Next change: August 22 at 7:30 a.m. Pacific

BARN FIND RUMOR:

#FORZATHON SHOP
  • 650 FP Car: 1972 Land Rover Series III FE (existing Exclusive model)
  • 625 FP Car: 1970 AMC Rebel "The Machine" (existing Exclusive model)
  • ?00 FP Clothing: RTR Born to Fun Grey Top
  • ?00 FP Clothing: Artist's Hoodie Jacket
  • Wheelspins cost this series: 40 FP & 150 FP

FESTIVAL PLAYLIST REWARDS
  • 50% Winter Completion: 2019 Aston Martin DBS Superleggera (new Exclusive model)
  • 80% Winter Completion: 2017 Maserati Levante S (existing Exclusive model)
  • 50% Series Completion: 2012 Cadillac Escalade ESV (existing Exclusive model)
  • 80% Series Completion: 2010 Mosler MT900S (existing Exclusive model)

#FORZATHON

Earn 100 FP from the weekly challenge plus 10 per Daily, plus Bonus for all, double for owning the Lake Lodge

Weekly Challenge:
[Must be done in sequence to count.
  • Own and drive the 1972 Land Rover Series III [FE won't count]
  • Earn 20 Wreckage Skills in the Series III
  • Win a Cross Country Series event at Whitewater Falls Cross Country in the Series III
  • Drive the Series III for a total of 15 miles [try lowering FPS if this doesn't progress]

Daily Challenges:
Each challenge is open for 72 hours from 7:30am Pacific of the start day
  • Filter through traffic to earn 3 Threading the Needle Skills
  • Earn 4 stars in total from Drift Zones
  • Earn 3 Awesome Drafting Skills
  • Earn 1 Awesome Skill Chain
  • Earn 3 Ultimate Clean Racing Skills
  • Earn 2 Landscaping Skills
  • Earn 6 stars in total from PR Stunts

SEASONAL EVENTS

The Trial Co-Op Championship: "Toying With You" | Cotswolds Super Sprint | S1 Track Toys
  • Reward: 2010 Volkswagen Golf (existing Exclusive model)

Showcase Remix: "Assault on the Control Room"
  • Reward: Super Wheelspin

Seasonal Playground Games | Mudkickers' 4x4 | A800 Extreme Offroad
  • Reward: Shark Wellies

PR Stunt: Reservoir Danger Sign | 656.2 feet

PR Stunt: Deep Vale Speed Trap | 161.0 mph

PR Stunt: Forest Green Speed Zone | 130.0 mph

Championship: "Racing Through the Years -70s” | Quarry Cross Country Circuit | B700 1970s models
  • Reward: Porsche 914/6 (existing Exclusive model)

Championship: "Reaching Your Peaks" | Arthur's Seat Cross Country | B700 Offroad Buggies
  • Reward: MINI JCW Buggy (existing Exclusive model)

Championship: "Street Scene Stamina" | Mortimer's Pass | A800 Super Hot Hatch
  • Reward: Porsche 918

Winter also means the lake drag strip is available.

Monthly Events
  • Monthly Rivals: Broadway Village Circuit
  • Online Adventure

Completing the monthly events applies their completion percentage to all four seasons in the Festival Playlist.

FORTUNE ISLAND

PR Stunts
  • Lady on the Lake Speed Trap | 230.0 mph
  • Storm Cove | 492.1 feet
    Championships
  • The Trial: South Beach Cross Country Circuit | 700-900 Extreme Offroad
  • Island Lowland Super Sprint | B700 Hot Hatch
  • Fenholm Cross Country Circuit | B700 Offroad
  • The Sinking Scramble | B700 Modern Rally

LEGO VALLEY

PR Stunts
  • Brickchester Speed Trap | 220.0 mph
    Championships
  • The Trial: Airport Rush Cross Country Circuit | A800 Extreme Offroad
  • Falcon Speedway Cross Country | 100-800 Mercedes-Benz Unimog
  • Jurassic Graveyard Trail | A800 Sports Utility Heroes
  • Brickchester Loop Circuit | A800 Super Saloons

Edited by user Thursday, August 15, 2019 7:33:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 6:45:52 AM(UTC)
Whitewater Falls CC event with the Defender Series III

You can't enter this event in a Defender Series III, or am I missing something? You just can't choose that car as it's locked to Extreme Offroad.

I know you can bypass it by running like a 2/3-checkpont fake custom blueprint but is this what the game expects from the player?

Edited by user Thursday, August 15, 2019 7:03:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 7:07:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BriskArtist7600 Go to Quoted Post

You can't enter this event in a Defender Series III, or am I missing something? You just can't choose that car as it's locked to Extreme Offroad.

Is your Defender modified at all from stock?

Share Code 743 470 966

510,000,000 CR / 55275 FP / 410 SWS / 1991 WS Remaining
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 7:21:55 AM(UTC)
Eager to see how well that Land Rover handles once I get home. WINTER IS MY FAVORITE!!!!
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
 2 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 7:31:08 AM(UTC)
Seasonal PR Stunts:

https://youtu.be/AWkRcs3m9TU

PTG Quadro40k

My Youtube Channel
 2 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 7:54:20 AM(UTC)
Distance not working for the final Land Rover challenge. Have rebooted, reset..... Stays at 0 miles
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 8:00:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Awwww Muffin Go to Quoted Post
Distance not working for the final Land Rover challenge. Have rebooted, reset..... Stays at 0 miles

Same here. Also, in the tab to see upcoming Weeklies, the Porsche 959 is on there twice.

#8 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 8:02:08 AM(UTC)
Winter mile challenge bug
Please fix it or in detail list the exact requirements needed to get credit to accomplish the task. Thank you

Edited by user Thursday, August 15, 2019 8:47:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 8:05:45 AM(UTC)

It seems the game doesn't count the distance if the car is moving too short a distance between each update in the physics engine, and the solution is to make the game run at a lower frame rate and the car go ridiculously fast.

If you're on the Xbox One X and the game is running in Performance mode, try switching it to Quality. If you're on the PC, cap the frame rate to 30fps. Also tune the Land Rover to make it as fast as possible.
 4 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 8:11:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zacabeb Go to Quoted Post

It seems the game doesn't count the distance if the car is moving too short a distance between each update in the physics engine, and the solution is to make the game run at a lower frame rate and the car go ridiculously fast.

If you're on the Xbox One X and the game is running in Performance mode, try switching it to Quality. If you're on the PC, cap the frame rate to 30fps. Also tune the Land Rover to make it as fast as possible.

Sad that people still have to deal with that...its been an issue since the beginning
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
#11 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 8:18:33 AM(UTC)
I have to change my video settings usually. Set FPS to 30, turn on v-sync, and sometimes have to turn off HDR. All that used to work, but now I'm finding that I have to do all of that AND reset my machine for it to start working. It's a bug that's been around for a LONG time and is in dire need of a fix.
#12 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 8:25:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: yerfdog65 Go to Quoted Post

Is your Defender modified at all from stock?

Even modified, it doesn't change the classification of the car. The event requires "Extreme Offroad", the Land Rover is just "Offroad". Stock, or heavily tuned, it's still just "Offroad" and thus ineligible for the default event.
#13 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 8:37:43 AM(UTC)
I got it after driving over 100 miles
 3 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 8:44:53 AM(UTC)
Toying With You (Trial)

Watch at your own risk: idiot rammer inside!

https://youtu.be/OhEWfT3o5mk

PTG Quadro40k

My Youtube Channel
#15 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 9:10:32 AM(UTC)
For the Trial, you might think you need a car with snow tyres, but it's actually fine with race tyres, at least it was with the extreme handling Elise GT1 I tried it with. The Elise GT1 with race tyres is an excellent choice for the Ambleside Village Circuit race (it holds the top spots on the rivals leaderboard), and can still beat all the drivatars in the other two races.
#16 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 9:13:55 AM(UTC)
I know you can bypass it by running like a 2/3-checkpont fake custom blueprint but is this what the game expects from the player?

You need to make a blueprint and just change the vehicle division to Offroad. I didn't alter the set course. I tried with a stock Defender but the other vehicles were faster off the start so I quit the event and upgraded my vehicle to A800. Won it fairly easily.

Because I alternate between 2 consoles, my frame rate is always 30 fps and I had no problem with the mileage. Drove on the motorway South, North and South and the achievement popped up straight away. Average speed between 130 mph and 140 mph.

Edited by user Thursday, August 15, 2019 9:16:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 9:35:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Zacabeb Go to Quoted Post

Sad that people still have to deal with that...its been an issue since the beginning

Nothing else didn't work for me so i just slapped all upgrade parts and drove over 200 mph and it started to count miles, PG should really fix this stupid bug.
 1 user liked this post.
#18 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 9:41:53 AM(UTC)
I can confirm that at least on XBox One the Land Rover 15 miles challenge works if you upgrade the car for speed. I just throw on all the power available and drove up and down the motorway a few times. That did the trick. Keeping it in D-class (which I did for the other chanllenges) does not work. I wonder why they keep using this distance challenge. They must be aware that it is bugged.

As far as the Whitewater Falls Cross Country challenge goes, I just made a blueprint for Land Rovers only in Summer. That made it a lot easier.
 1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 9:45:27 AM(UTC)
If anyone knows how to get anywhere near the one or two Can-Ams that just disappear into the horizon for the Buggy challenge I'd be most appreciative.

Tried all my buggies (so all of them). Tried my own tunes and downloaded ones. The Can-Am's just flip off into the distance no matter how well I do and usually win by a couple of checkpoints. Stupid. (it's been this way in all Buggy championships, no other one suffers and I've won everything else easily).
#20 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 9:54:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VonBlade Go to Quoted Post
If anyone knows how to get anywhere near the one or two Can-Ams that just disappear into the horizon for the Buggy challenge I'd be most appreciative.

Tried all my buggies (so all of them). Tried my own tunes and downloaded ones. The Can-Am's just flip off into the distance no matter how well I do and usually win by a couple of checkpoints. Stupid. (it's been this way in all Buggy championships, no other one suffers and I've won everything else easily).

Yes, that's really hard to catch those Can-Ams, i still managed to win 2 races with #1107 Desert Dingo (tune shared).

Had no chance to catch it in second race, took too long for me to pass other drivatars but second place was enough for overall win.
#21 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 10:01:51 AM(UTC)
Why are you guys not removing this buggy milage task which is not working?
Unbelievable, really. I'm not able to lower the fps!
 1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 10:14:49 AM(UTC)
PSA: if you struggle with the "Reaching Your Peaks" Championship with Winter buggies, because even at Highly Skilled and with a fully upgraded car, the Drivatars are outpacing you, try the Can-Am Maverick.

I just redid the Championship on Unbeatable and in a bone stock Can-Am Maverick, and surprise surprise, I was able to beat them, and by beat them I mean I had a comfortable lead of over 6 seconds in a car with only 1 gear.

Edited by user Saturday, August 17, 2019 3:47:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#23 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 10:21:46 AM(UTC)
that 1 gear buggy wins the race easily.

As for Whitewater Falls CC event with the Defender Series III you have to use a blueprint. I think that must be a mistake!
#24 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 10:52:59 AM(UTC)
Thanks. I'll check the tune out. I'm on PC so limiting FPS is too much for me to cope with. I might though.

I have a shared Blueprint for the Land Rover event if anyone wants to save time.
 1 user liked this post.
#25 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 11:14:38 AM(UTC)
On the Quarry 60's championship I missed a checkpoint by a mile, and the game didn't notice. keep an eye out it might be a bug. I played a replay of the race, and missed it by a lot. I don't use rewinds so missing a checkpoint is usually race over.

Edited by user Thursday, August 15, 2019 11:18:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

6 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error