This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123Prev
#51 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 2:59:15 PM(UTC)
The Donkervoort feels pretty good on this track. 44.5 so far which is only good enough for 136th but reckon I can get another 0.5 seconds out of it if i can get a perfect lap.

Bree - starting with the car that occupies every place in the top 10 feels like a spoiler alert ;-).
#52 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 3:28:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Bree - starting with the car that occupies every place in the top 10 feels like a spoiler alert ;-).

Yes, it would have been nice if it weren't so strongly suggested as being the best car for it, but the other two races in this week's Trial were non-starters for me, because Lakehurst Copse had an S1 Track Toys event before the class-based rivals was added, so I'd pretty much driven that to death already. And Cotswolds Sprint needs too much speed, I had a quick try with the rally tyre Viper '16 and was something like 10 seconds off #1.

I tried the Clio FE last night, but couldn't make it work at all.

I also tried the Lotus 2-Eleven, and that is pretty good. I started off with it RWD, but being unable to get the power down with all that max turning is a real problem, I could only manage 45.0. Even though switching to AWD costs significant PI, it was worth it, and I did 44.0 with an AWD version. I also did the Trial with it, and easily won every race, it was comfortable enough that I was able to switch my attention to helping out teammates by blocking drivatars.
#53 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 9:35:08 AM(UTC)
Ambleside is going to be a challenge. All these 90° turns require a precise racing line and I've never raced this track on a competitive level. The leaderboard gives away the best choice but maybe something else can sneak into it. Although the Elise's grip is barely matched by anything on S900. The X-Bow GT4 isn't in normal "track toys" or?

On a side note: The Aston DBS SL is another victim of the flawed PI system. These modern bi-turbo engines with high torgue across the whole powerband are just badly rated by the PI system. The 900nm at 2000rpm help it irl but in the game they are completely useless and cost tremendous amounts of PI.

Edited by user Friday, August 16, 2019 9:39:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#54 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 2:12:17 PM(UTC)
What are people’s thoughts about expanding the car list to include Extreme Track Toys? A lot of them are S2 so no use here but it means the Xbow GT4 is then an option.

I’m down to 44.1 in the Donkervort. Still think I can knock a few more tenths off so will do some more laps with it at the weekend. Did the trial in it as well and won all three races very easily.

Edited by user Friday, August 16, 2019 2:32:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#55 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2019 1:17:24 AM(UTC)
Anybody have AWD differential settings advice for this track?

Or just general AWD differential insights. I can usually get AWD diffs tuned to good enough; but I’m mostly at a loss as for optimizing the diff for a specific track.
#56 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2019 10:14:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
What are people’s thoughts about expanding the car list to include Extreme Track Toys? A lot of them are S2 so no use here but it means the Xbow GT4 is then an option.

What could actually be a better idea is to ban the Elise GT1, as it really doesn't belong in the Track Toys category anyway - looking on wikipedia, it seems they never sold a single car to a customer, it only had to be built to satisfy homologation requirements at the time.

So maybe 2 times per person - their best time with the GT1, for interest, if they want to place high up on the leaderboard, but not compulsory to set a time with it at all. And the final placings based on only the other Track Toy cars being eligible?
#57 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2019 11:36:08 AM(UTC)
Sounds a plan. Will add to the title.
#58 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2019 11:46:17 AM(UTC)
Set the quickest Bac Mono time at 43.1. Barcode’s Caterham just gets me on acceleration out of the last corner for a 42.9 and I think there is a Lotus 2 Eleven which is quicker. A few cars which I think are closely matched.
#59 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2019 2:42:33 PM(UTC)
I'm impressed by that 42.843 someone has done with the 2-Eleven. I've given up at 44.027, after spending far too much time trying to make it quicker. The final tune is shared.

I'll try the BAC Mono, seeing as how that may well be the new OP car for this challenge :-)
#60 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2019 12:16:38 AM(UTC)
Hopefully I can start today with some laps. Didn't have any time this weekend. The BAC, 2-Eleven and Clio FE look promising.
#61 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2019 7:41:52 AM(UTC)
I tried the BAC Mono, and it is better than the 2-Eleven for all 3 races in the Trial, though not by a huge amount. It's viable to use either race tyres or rally tyres with it, it handles pretty well with either, but obviously you can bias it a bit more towards top speed with rally tyres. It seems to perform best for Ambleside Village with race tyres. I didn't note down the exact time I did for Ambleside Village rivals, but I was well short of matching Jezza's ghost, and it felt like he was just driving it better than me, as I was pretty close for the first part, but then he easily pulls away in the last part. I think I only managed around 43.8.
#62 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2019 9:01:08 AM(UTC)
I’ll post leading times later but the driver of the 2 Eleven at 42.8 has asked to join our little competition, although he apparently can’t manage to join the forum.

He’s shared his 2 Eleven tune if anyone wants to try that - easiest way is probably to find the time on Rivals and then access the hub that way. I did a few laps with it last night and managed a 43.2 but that’s still some way short of his lead time.

That means 42.803 (I think) is the current time to beat, unless anyone has gone quicker today. It was exactly the same time as Bree in the GT1 as well.

#63 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2019 9:45:41 AM(UTC)
Chronological time improvements:
KTM X-Bow: 43:435
BAC Mono: 42:676
Lotus 2-Eleven: 42:326

Definitely a tough circuit due to the tight nature, obstacles and pavewalks.
On a perfect lap the Lotus will break into the 41s.

Edited by user Monday, August 19, 2019 9:49:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#64 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2019 4:02:51 PM(UTC)
Ok so current positions:

Rayne SE 42.326 (Lotus 2 Eleven)
Ang3lr1pp3r 42.376 (same)
Breeminator 42.809 (Lotus GT1 *)
Jezza14 42.860 (Lotus 2 Eleven)
SVR Barcode 42.941 (Caterham FE)
BlevinsM 44.945 (Caterham R500)
Midnyte Dubh 45.045 (Viper 08)
ForbiddenBeef21 45.412 (Clio FE)

Picked out names in the top 300 I recognised and included Barcode even though I’m not sure he’s a member as he seems to have popped up the last two weeks with qualifying cars.

I can lead Rayne up to about 30 seconds but keep making small errors every time I do which cost me that half second gap and he’s flawless over the last section. He can definitely go quicker though.
 2 users liked this post.
#65 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2019 2:44:57 PM(UTC)
Ok, time for a change. Ang3l - as the quickest person who hasn’t won before, message me if you’d like to pick this week’s event. Otherwise I’ll pick something but won’t be until Saturday.

I don’t think that there has been much change since the list I posted above, although I improved to 42.6, so Rayne wins again.

Great selection Bree - very testing circuit!
 1 user liked this post.
#66 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2019 10:22:44 AM(UTC)
I'm all in for a new round.
#67 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2019 9:41:43 AM(UTC)
Ang3l has chosen Waterhead Sprint A class - no other car restrictions. He also seems to have set a rather tough time to beat. Game on!
 1 user liked this post.
#68 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2019 11:26:23 AM(UTC)
So, after Ambleside we are back at a power track. Set a time 0.7 seconds faster than Angel with the '32 Ford Roadster but there is still room for improvement.

Edited by user Saturday, August 24, 2019 11:28:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#69 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2019 1:04:26 PM(UTC)
I didn't try to tune anything specifically for it, and it's not a track I'm familiar with, but here is the outcome of me trying some cars that I already had tuned to A class:

Shelby Daytona 1:45.9
NSX-R GT 1:46.1
2006 RS4 1:46.2

Cars that were over 1:47:
Maserati GTS
360 CS
124 Spider
166MM (Rayne's tune from Astmoor)
GT40 '64
GT40 '66
#70 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2019 3:30:51 PM(UTC)
Impressive times set at Ambleside guys! 👍🏾

I very quickly came to the conclusion that I disliked that track immensely so only ended up running a cursory few laps and spent my time painting instead. Definitely up for this one, not having a set car type will be interesting.…

Added a few of you from this thread to boost my rivals list and to give me a few more ghosts to chase 😉

**edit** After a couple of runs with the Stradale and Eclipse GSX, I jumped in the Shelby Daytona which bree tuned for Astmoor and managed to record the exact same time on my very first run!

It was a bit ragged so I know I can go quicker when I get used to it.... have only been chasing my own ghosts to start with so will have a good butcher’s at bree’s run later 😏

Edited by user Saturday, August 24, 2019 4:47:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
#71 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2019 5:25:03 PM(UTC)
Couldn’t resist it, LoL! 😉

Found 1.5 secs, sitting at 1:44.404 - hats off breeminator, that is a lot of fun to drive 👌🏾 (and I’m definitely starting a new paint for that car next!!!)

FH4 / FH3
#72 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2019 4:42:09 AM(UTC)
1:43.103 in the Shelby Daytona - I’m almost at my limit. I ran a very unlucky 1:42.9xx, but with the Cricket, MotoGP and the footie on that’s probably where I’ll stay for today...

FH4 / FH3
3 Pages123Prev

Notification

Icon
Error