This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
31 Pages<<293031Prev
#751 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2020 8:10:37 AM(UTC)
Just did some runs in my tune and apparently if You change gear at 6500rpm it accelerates better
 1 user liked this post.
#752 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2020 8:20:34 AM(UTC)
The only possible explanation for you three being that fast is that you have alien DNA... especially you Jezza for setting those three lap times so consistently!
#753 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2020 9:20:59 AM(UTC)
What a fantastic battle against you two, the track and this Mini which felt more like floating than racing.
A lot of randomness and there would still be room left for improvement but I call it finished for me.
 1 user liked this post.
#754 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2020 1:48:30 PM(UTC)
I give up :(
I have spent last 3 hours trying to improve my time. Did one great lap, was 3-4 car lengths in front of my ghost, but brushed that 90degree corner at the end.
I know 3, maybe 4, places where I can improve my time, but now it is festival of mistakes. 2/3 of restarts was because of my errors before 4th checkpoint. I'm tired.

Congrats Rayne
 1 user liked this post.
#755 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2020 2:40:21 PM(UTC)
Fabulous driving guys. Although I know views were mixed, I think this is a terrific dirt course - just a slight shame that the Mini plus water isn’t a great combination. In the end, the Mini was the clear dominant car for the event, with pretty much everyone’s fastest time being set in it. From there being no Minis in the top 10 on the leaderboard, there are now 6 - with our drivers taking the top 3 positions and 5 of the top 6.

Congratulations to Rayne who produced another magical drive to take the victory by less than a tenth from Ziperr - both with near flawless drives. Outstanding on a tough course:

1. Rayne 2.31.552 (1st overall - new WR)
2. Ziperr 2.31.631 (2nd)
3. Jezza 2.31.935 (3rd)
4. Bree 2.34.051 (5th)
5. Thumby 2.34.588 (6th)
6. Ang3l 2.36.456 (10th)
7. Rex 2.37.357 (14th)
8. FN 2.37.386 (~15th)
9. Leetorts 2.38.859 (19th)
10. Effinator 2.38.860 (20th)
11. Wan Ge 2.39.660 (27th)
12. Squryl 2.39.710 (28th)
13. El Barto 2.40.772 (32nd)
14. Spiko 2.42.162 (38th)
15. Dead Zep 2.53.574 (172nd - Lancia Stratos)
16. Hanson 2.54.208 (187th - Abarth 131)

I think the 0.01 second gap between Leetorts and Effinator is the smallest we have seen in the Rivals Challenge so far!

Edited by user Sunday, February 23, 2020 2:42:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#756 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2020 2:47:41 PM(UTC)
Table after event 7/8:

Rayne - 120
Ziperr- 112
Jezza - 104
Bree - 76 (6 events)
Rex - 59
Ang3lripp3r - 50 (6 events)
FullNietzsche- 45
Thumby - 34
Leetorts - 27
Dead Criminal - 19 (2 events)
Wan Ge - 19
Squryl - 13
Effinator - 9 (2 events)
Blevin - 7 (4 events)
Tilo - 5 (1 event)
RatCatcha - 3 (1 event)
Spiko - 2 (3 events)
DeadZepplin - 2
Smoke - 1 (1 event)
El Barto - 0 (1 event)
Hanson - 0 (5 events)

Rayne has won all four of the non-road events (despite his protests that he doesn’t like them!). He needs to be no lower than 3rd this week to guarantee the title.

Edited by user Sunday, February 23, 2020 2:50:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#757 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2020 2:57:26 PM(UTC)
As indicated above, this week is Lake District Sprint S1 - any Ferrari or Lamborghini.

It’s the last event of the 8 week series. I’m going to take a break from organising Rivals after this. Ang3l did suggest an option of someone suggesting a user created course as a different alternative. Would presumably mean we’d need to screenshot as there wouldn’t be a Rivals board but might be fun, if anyone has any courses to put forward?
#758 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2020 4:09:09 PM(UTC)
I certainly don't have any extra time to do so, but I miss the old school days of the "tuning competitions". Where we'd pick a car type and class, a track or set of tracks, then each entrant would build and tune a car to be tested on said course by non-biased drivers to determine the most capable car. Those where the type of competitions that I first started messing around in, waaaay back in the day.

I hosted a few Drag Build comps on FM6 a few years ago. Each car was run in 10, 10 run heats down the test track drag strip or Sonoma or wherever. Each entrant got a personalized paintjob for their cars for entering. There was another one someone hosted that was a "Jack of all Trades" comp where whe had to build one car, tested on a drag strip, drift course and a road course with points for each type. That was a fun comp!

Those kind of comps are fun, that's when I was much better and had learned most of what I know. From folks talking shop, alot like these comps have been at times. They are a good.chunk of work as it takes usually 2-3 independent driver/judges to run and test sometime 10-15 cars and give a review of each. Like I said, I don't have the free time. But those were always a.good time
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 1 user liked this post.
#759 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 3:38:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ziperrPL Go to Quoted Post
I give up :(
I have spent last 3 hours trying to improve my time. Did one great lap, was 3-4 car lengths in front of my ghost, but brushed that 90degree corner at the end.
I know 3, maybe 4, places where I can improve my time, but now it is festival of mistakes. 2/3 of restarts was because of my errors before 4th checkpoint. I'm tired.

Congrats Rayne

I definitely can feel you there. I spent most of the time restarting because of mistakes before the water and due to the water itself.
I only reached the tarmac section in probably ~10% of the runs.
In my listed run I messed up the 90° tarmac turn and the uphill double right shortly before the tarmac section by accidentally shifting down into 2nd, losing a lot of time through the engine hitting the limiter.

Would be very interesting to have sector times and the potential end time with all best sector times combined. Certainly a sub 31 here.

Looking forward to the last event and a huge appreciation for Jezza for organizing.
 2 users liked this post.
#760 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 5:03:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
Would be very interesting to have sector times and the potential end time with all best sector times combined. Certainly a sub 31 here.

GT Sport shows you your "optimal" time by adding up your best time for each sector, and the one thing I've learned from playing it is that you almost never achieve your optimal time. Mostly, it doesn't actually add any extra information, because everyone has an optimal time that is faster than their actual time by roughly the same amount. I imagine that the difference does gradually decrease as you go up the ability scale, in that the best people are the best partly because they are consistently more accurate and take each corner very close to the best they can take it every time. But for people around my level, whenever I've seen them quote their optimal time, it's always about the same amount faster than the actual time for everyone at the same level. Another way to look at it is that the reason people are slower than the world #1 is because they are randomly inaccurate in their driving. The same random inaccuracy that makes their actual time slower also makes their optimal time faster than their actual time by a statistically fairly consistent amount.
 1 user liked this post.
#761 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 5:21:57 AM(UTC)
Normal people doing random mistakes at random places is very true, at least for me. Both in Motorsport and Horizon, all turns will have a different outcome for me.
#762 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 11:16:26 AM(UTC)
I didn't copy Jezza in going for the #24 P4 for my first attempt, only saw he'd used the same car after I'd built it, tuned it, and gone into the Rivals event. Got down to 1:57.8 to go top of the people in this thread at the time of posting, but I feel a different car will turn out to be the META for this week's event, maybe the Countach, given that it holds 10th place at the moment. But given who holds that 10th place spot, I'm not sure any of us will be able to match his time.
#763 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 11:28:45 AM(UTC)
I just used a random car tuned to 900 to set an initial time. I like the P4 but I’m not expecting the build I was using to set a top time on this track - lacks top end speed. I’ll try some more appropriate builds and cars over the week.
#764 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 11:37:21 AM(UTC)
I tried the Countach with a few different tunes yesterday after I saw it high up the leaderboard, but to no avail - it was hard to drive and yet not terribly fast to make up for the handling shortcomings.

I will honestly be lucky to break 2 minutes in this event I think... lol.
#765 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 2:25:34 PM(UTC)
Just about edged ahead of Bree, still using the P4. Very different builds - Bree sails away on the straights and I make up time in the corners but get to the finish about the same time! Pretty sure he can go a bit quicker though.

In case helpful (and I was checking for myself) here are the Ferraris and Lambos in the top 200:

Countach - 10th, 129th
Ferrari 512 S - 44th
Huracan - 45th, 91st, 173rd
Ferrari 488 GTB - 73rd
Murcielago - 82nd
F50 - 125th
Diablo SV - 133rd, 164th
P4 - 147th, 151st (me and Bree)
Centenario - 163rd
Ferrari 430S - 177th
Enzo - 186th

Reasonable collection to choose from but no stand out option - all inside 1.59.
#766 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 2:37:35 PM(UTC)
The Countach and 512 S have to be RWD to reach those times I guess.
Fastest AWD imho:
Huracan, 458 Italia, 599 GTO and maybe the Aventador SV.
#767 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 3:21:27 PM(UTC)
I've shared a tune of the Reventon FE, called S1 Power/Speed. It sacrifices the last stage of weight saving to give it more power. I've edged out Jezza's P4 ghost by 0.1 secs with it. Relative to the P4 it is much faster above 150mph, but loses out in the tight bit in the village. It's very nice and stable to drive, IMO, and has very good high speed grip, it's a touch better for grip than the P4 on the high speed bends. My current leaderboard ghost was set with the shared tune. I tried it on the motorway and it reached 233mph, which is a pretty decent speed for S1. It doesn't get to use that speed in this rivals event, hits about 195mph by the end of the longest high speed section.
#768 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 3:58:37 PM(UTC)
I've done a 1:59.5 in the Huracan which is less than 2 seconds slower than the best times, which is probably accounted for by skill difference rather than the car anyway. I think doing under 2:00 in any of these cars is very good going. The tune I used is Best S1 by Who Driving. It's got 9.2 handling and sacrifices speed but is easy to drive if that helps anyone.

btw I set a time in a non-qualifying car after that, sorry... took a screenshot though.

Edited by user Monday, February 24, 2020 4:07:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#769 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 4:24:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
The Countach and 512 S have to be RWD to reach those times I guess.
Fastest AWD imho:
Huracan, 458 Italia, 599 GTO and maybe the Aventador SV.

Thanks, great advice, as always. Tried the 599 GTO and finally beat Abell's ghost, doing 1:56.5. I won't share the tune just yet, as I feel it might be possible to make it even better than that.
#770 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 5:00:34 PM(UTC)
Just did 1.56.8 using Rayne’s existing tune for the 599 GTO and could probably get past 1.56.5 with a few more runs. Pretty sure you can break 1.56 using your tune though as you must lose 0.5 or so running wide at the end of the straight.
#771 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 6:06:02 PM(UTC)
Tried a heavier more powerful build of the 599 GTO, and couldn't match my first build's time, so went back to the first build. Tweaked the tune quite a few times, finally did 1:56.3, so I've shared that one, I called it "Speed+Grip", as it's pretty strong for both aspects.

Don't know about sub 1:56, Jezza. I'm feeling pretty done with that one after the 1:56.3, will probably try some other cars instead if I spend any more time on it.
#772 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 1:20:27 AM(UTC)
I might have overestimated how much time you lost on the previous ghost - always hard to tell! 1.56.3 sounds a very good time. I probably won’t have a go at chasing it down for a couple of days now but will try your tune then.

I did try the Reventon FE tune last night. Very nice to drive but I kept messing up that slightly tricky bridge near the end in it for some reason whenever I was on a quick run. Didn’t feel I could break 1.57 in it though - about 1.57.6 was the quickest dirty time I managed.
31 Pages<<293031Prev

Notification

Icon
Error