This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
5 Pages<<345Prev
#101 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2019 2:29:13 AM(UTC)
Sony/ps with GTS is losing against Horizon even if sony/ps are winning console war ;)

Edited by user Sunday, August 18, 2019 2:43:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#102 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2019 4:01:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DylanDrog Go to Quoted Post
Sony/ps with GTS is losing against Horizon even if sony/ps are winning console war ;)

The comparison between GTS vs Forza Horizon/Motorsport argument of which Franchise is losing or winning is no longer valid. Both Forza Horzion and Forza Motorsport are not console exclusive anymore. Anyone with a PC that meets said requirements is able to purchase and play current Forza games now. Smart move on Microsoft, barring some of the PC hardware conflicts that many users have encountered. Microsoft-Forza vs Sony-GT is no longer an apples to apples comparison.

Side note I completely agree with you about FM6's soundtrack, that was and most likely will always be my favorite.
#103 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2019 8:21:20 AM(UTC)
Correct - it's just not a fair comparison.

And yes, superb soundtrack in FM6.
#104 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2019 3:44:53 AM(UTC)
I think Forza Motorsport 5 and 6 had the best soundtrack.

When it comes to comparisons, they're never fair. Even when Forza Motorsport was a Microsoft exclusive. it was almost impossible to gauge sale numbers because the PS4 outsold the Xbox One by quite a big margin. Now that Forza is on Windows 10, it's the exact same issue, just reversed. Comparing Horizon to Granturismo is tough as well because they're too different genres one being far more accessible to casual players than the other. The only way you can get a fair comparison is when both titles are on the same platform and in the same genre targeting the same audience.
#105 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2019 7:45:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post
I think Forza Motorsport 5 and 6 had the best soundtrack.

When it comes to comparisons, they're never fair. Even when Forza Motorsport was a Microsoft exclusive. it was almost impossible to gauge sale numbers because the PS4 outsold the Xbox One by quite a big margin. Now that Forza is on Windows 10, it's the exact same issue, just reversed. Comparing Horizon to Granturismo is tough as well because they're too different genres one being far more accessible to casual players than the other. The only way you can get a fair comparison is when both titles are on the same platform and in the same genre targeting the same audience.

Well, you know - for what it's worth, and I'm veering slight off topic here - GTS is kind of boring... despite it's excellent car sounds and real-life like lighting model/graphics. I find Forza far more exciting.

Carry on lads - sorry for the off-topic then!
#106 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2019 8:06:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GlorifiedDemon Go to Quoted Post
Shocking but I guess not surprising when I sit back and think about it. Just this morning I was wondering why MP lobbies were mostly empty except for S and R class. Leagues are just as bad. I guess enough people have left the game to no longer make it worth it for T10 to keep attempting to fix ongoing bugs and subpar features.

I've literally just fired up FM7 to "give it yet another go", read this, and instead I'm mumbling to myself "Ugh, back to FM6 again then...".

It would very interesting to know how many motor sport game fans were only on Xbox for Forza and have now abandoned Xbox altogether to give Playstation a go. Without an expensive rig/setup, Forza and GT are the only two racing games near enough to simulation level. I'm not an avid blog reader but doesn't Playstation support VR for GT Sport?

I wish it wasn't so but I really don't see a way back for Forza Motorsport. I've had many years' fun with Motorsport but as tight-fisted as I am (refusing to buy an X) even I'm thinking about moving to Playstation...

I play on PC and got a buddy I met on Xbox to switch to PS4 for GT. I love Forza, but GT utterly destroys FM7. Hopefully FM8 makes some massive changes.
5 Pages<<345Prev

Notification

Icon
Error