This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
64 Pages<<626364Prev
#1576 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2020 11:00:49 PM(UTC)
I know this doesn't add much to the thread but FH3 sounds are far, FAR superior to FH4 sounds any given day of the week.
#1577 Posted : Tuesday, February 18, 2020 12:11:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: opencamswrx Go to Quoted Post
I know this doesn't add much to the thread but FH3 sounds are far, FAR superior to FH4 sounds any given day of the week.

True that, the HW mustang is nuts in FH3 in terms of sound, unfortunately i dont think FH4s sound engine will go away in the next games
#1578 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2020 11:28:55 AM(UTC)
Some cars require a sound update. Take for example Huracan, its sounds are terrible compared to R8.
Will there be another car sound update?
#1579 Posted : Wednesday, February 19, 2020 12:34:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WillMcNoob Go to Quoted Post

True that, the HW mustang is nuts in FH3 in terms of sound, unfortunately i dont think FH4s sound engine will go away in the next games

It's the same engine, difference is quality took a major hit. I think they left behind many of the old sounds because "reasons", but much of the new content needs revision (Viper for example). Like I said many times before, interior is ok but for example the SRT Viper 2012 doesn't sound as bad as that IRL.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#1580 Posted : Thursday, February 20, 2020 7:13:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post

It's the same engine, difference is quality took a major hit. I think they left behind many of the old sounds because "reasons", but much of the new content needs revision (Viper for example). Like I said many times before, interior is ok but for example the SRT Viper 2012 doesn't sound as bad as that IRL.

Theres multiple genuine reasons as to why they cant use old sound files that have been repeated here a million times, still doesnt justify the uncompetetivity of the new sound team, shouldve just made new and better sounds that ever before but they just lazyied out
#1581 Posted : Thursday, February 20, 2020 10:17:19 AM(UTC)
In my time playing it, Forza Horizon 4 has generally had great engine sounds for its cars. This of course, is not true for all cars, which I can accept. In most cases. But there is something that has been bugging me recently. The Ferraris. I have always thought of Ferrari as my favorite car manufacturer, the 2002 Enzo in particular. I've been very happy with the Enzo in FH4, and I was extremely excited when I noticed that I could purchase the FXX. I regret that there was no hesitation on my part, but all seemed well. The model for the car is great! It looks awesome, and drives well, but it has an awful sound file. The same crummy file, in fact, that has been used for the Laferrari, FXX K, and the F12! The sound seems like it is literally copied and pasted to the very different cars. And, not only does the file not fit the car well, but it is just a lame sound in general, and doesn't really even sound like it is being produced by an engine. The FXX, being a race car, should have a rich, raw sound. Its current sound has no depth. Is there any way that this could be fixed? I did have to buy the car, so I feel it should be well-done and thorough. Does anyone else have a similar opinion? I appreciate any consideration.

Edited by user Thursday, February 20, 2020 10:17:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1582 Posted : Thursday, February 20, 2020 11:04:58 AM(UTC)
Wait til you hear the generic "Racing V12" upgrade engine! It sounds like an 80's synth rather than an actual engine!
#1583 Posted : Thursday, February 20, 2020 1:06:13 PM(UTC)

Theres multiple genuine reasons as to why they cant use old sound files that have been repeated here a million times, still doesnt justify the uncompetetivity of the new sound team, shouldve just made new and better sounds that ever before but they just lazyied out

I'm unconvinced this is the case, mate. Microsoft would be unwise not to copyright every single artistic content made under their banner.

IIRC the Aston Martin DB9 sound from NFS Carbon was reused in three subsequent games: NFS Shift, Shift 2 Unleashed and NFS Most Wanted (2012). The sound was originally made by Black Box but these games are by SMS and Criterion. Now, it's not the exact same sound, because the sound engines changed (Shift used FMOD, like Project CARS), but I'm 99% sure it's the same samples, because they're extremely familiar. If that's the case then EA owns the sounds. On the other hand there are a few Ruf cars in Project CARS which use samples from NFS Shift and PCARS was published by Bandai Namco, not EA.

Still, there are plenty of sounds in FH4 which are reused from FH2. The Hemi sounds are the same. NSX from memory is also the same. McLaren P1 sounds suspiciously close to the sound now used for the Porsche 918. Unless you have the contracts at hand, it's hard to pinpoint who owns what there.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#1584 Posted : Thursday, February 20, 2020 9:49:18 PM(UTC)

I'm unconvinced this is the case, mate. Microsoft would be unwise not to copyright every single artistic content made under their banner.

IIRC the Aston Martin DB9 sound from NFS Carbon was reused in three subsequent games: NFS Shift, Shift 2 Unleashed and NFS Most Wanted (2012). The sound was originally made by Black Box but these games are by SMS and Criterion. Now, it's not the exact same sound, because the sound engines changed (Shift used FMOD, like Project CARS), but I'm 99% sure it's the same samples, because they're extremely familiar. If that's the case then EA owns the sounds. On the other hand there are a few Ruf cars in Project CARS which use samples from NFS Shift and PCARS was published by Bandai Namco, not EA.

Still, there are plenty of sounds in FH4 which are reused from FH2. The Hemi sounds are the same. NSX from memory is also the same. McLaren P1 sounds suspiciously close to the sound now used for the Porsche 918. Unless you have the contracts at hand, it's hard to pinpoint who owns what there.

If they have older sounds at hand, why not use them? I dont see a point making a sound from scratch if you already have a good one sitting there, i wish devs were more transparent and clear about what theyre doing and what problems theyre facing like indie devs on treble
#1585 Posted : Sunday, February 23, 2020 1:39:28 PM(UTC)
GRID now thats some eargasm! The shifts sound odd sometimes but the sounds are phenomenal, if only PG/T10 took notes from codemasters
#1586 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 3:41:09 AM(UTC)
I’ve heard the sound of the LFA... it sounds so much better in Forza Motorsport 5.
#1587 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 3:03:14 PM(UTC)
Holy **** does the 2005 M3 sound awful in cockpit view. It's almost as bad as the Ferrari 812. :(

WOW. Really? That word is censored?! I hear kids using that word all the time. Are y'all really serious with this?

Edited by user Monday, February 24, 2020 3:04:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1588 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 12:21:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: teksenic Go to Quoted Post
Holy **** does the 2005 M3 sound awful in cockpit view. It's almost as bad as the Ferrari 812. :(

WOW. Really? That word is censored?! I hear kids using that word all the time. Are y'all really serious with this?

Almost 2 years later and you just found it out? Make it 3 in fact since this is the same sound that was in FM7.

Doesn't sound any better in FH3 BTW.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
64 Pages<<626364Prev

Notification

Icon
Error