This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123Prev
#51 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2018 11:57:59 PM(UTC)
I made these screenshots with the Game DVR/Game bar or whatever it is called, which doesn't give you the most accurate results compared to the actual image you see while playing a game (but it is easy and quick to use). In other words, some of the details and colour vibrancy are lost and a bit of blurriness is added on those screenshots.

As for brightness adjustment. Sure I can change all sorts of things on my graphics card control panel, but that means it will mess up everything else besides Forza 7 and the end result will be just more low contrast but brighter image. Not a valid option for me.

At this point I have already used to this faulty lighting system this game has and, if I'm honest, I don't think T10 will improve or fix this problem. Hopefully next game doesn't have such issues.
#52 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2018 2:50:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TakedownKG1 Go to Quoted Post
I can tell you for a fact that my game is not that dark, maybe it's an HDR thing but I can see much more detail in the tunnels than those screenshots show.

Unfortunately it's all about HDR. And Turn10 does not care about most of FM7 players. Or they just screwed up something and do not want to fix it.

If the game is too dark goto options>video then adjusts the brightness slider, it goes really high to the point were everything is completely washed out with white if that is what people want.
Those shots were taken on PC, does that not have a brightness or gamma setting?

There are no such options. And changing display/video card settings does not help. However, I am sure that there are some sliders (like in photo mode) not available for players (i.e. debug) that could help to adjust brightness, gamma, etc. And I wouldn't be surprised if such options will be available in Horizon 4 even on Xbox because it is main series these days.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 27, 2018 2:52:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#53 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2018 12:14:37 PM(UTC)
There is an option, this cannot be accessed from the pre-race menu and it has to be selected from the main screen.
It is just like Forza Horizon 3 and Forza Motorsport 6.

Here is a picture of the sliders.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmKTPAr4FZAjjq5pmVhn3Pq7gGiJ9A

Maybe the PC version is different.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 27, 2018 12:17:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#54 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2018 1:17:51 PM(UTC)
There is an option, this cannot be accessed from the pre-race menu and it has to be selected from the main screen.
It is just like Forza Horizon 3 and Forza Motorsport 6.

Here is a picture of the sliders.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmKTPAr4FZAjjq5pmVhn3Pq7gGiJ9A

Maybe the PC version is different.
I have looked for that page but could never find it and I am on PC. I am almost sure I was looking in the Main Options page, too. But I never tried looking there while on the Console. I wonder if you changed the settings on the COnsole if they would carry over to the PC? I know things like resolution, wheel settings do. I will have to check this out tonight.

And the Talby goes to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whoever thought up the Story Mode
#55 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2018 2:47:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
I wonder if you changed the settings on the COnsole if they would carry over to the PC? I know things like resolution, wheel settings do. I will have to check this out tonight.

You can carry over resolution settings between console and PC? What? How do you do that?
Surely this is set by the hardware.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 27, 2018 2:47:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#56 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2018 7:20:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
I wonder if you changed the settings on the COnsole if they would carry over to the PC? I know things like resolution, wheel settings do. I will have to check this out tonight.

You can carry over resolution settings between console and PC? What? How do you do that?
Surely this is set by the hardware.
No, it is not. If I play either H3 of MS7 on the console (which is not a One X) the game sets the Max res that the console will do which is 1920x1080. If I then go back to my PC I have to manually reset the res back to 3840x2160, every time.

Any way I checked on a Brightness setting and while it is there, somewhat, there is no way to adjust it. Here is a screenshot

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuO7zB_G-BULlDrWemPlkuAhoSyp

I hope you can see it.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 27, 2018 7:21:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

And the Talby goes to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whoever thought up the Story Mode
#57 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 12:09:43 AM(UTC)
latotheX, I play also both on PC and console (One S), but I don't have to adjust the resolution every time I load up the game on PC after I played it on the console. Only things, that force me to adjust the graphics settings, are nvidia driver updates or game updates (sometimes also windows updates), which is annoying enough actually. Why can't the game remember my last settings so that I just have to confirm those instead of adjusting every single option again?

Anyways, the brightness slider would have the same effect as doing it on the graphics card settings, only difference is that it would only effect the game (which would be a good thing). It isn't a solution to fix the overall lighting system, since brightness slider just makes everything brighter (shadows, highlights and mid-tones) and washed out/less contrast.
#58 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 3:59:24 AM(UTC)
From what I have played of the game the lighting system seems spot on. Apart from Dubai which is way too bright. But I guess the sand and the intense sun would make it like that in real life also.
I can understand if people are frustrated who haven't got HDR and don't have a gamma slider.
But I have played on a regular TV before and I didn't think it was that bad, it is noticably darker when streaming to PC but again nothing to really be too upset about.

I think Forza handles nighttime racing the best out of any racing game. Project Cars and Gran Turismo it feels like you don't even need headlights in that game as everything is so bright at night even when there is no flood lights around. Forza Motorsport 7 and Forza Horizon 3 have night racing spot on. When in external view you can't see the car other that than the tail/brake lights which is what driving at night actually looks like so it is very realistic. If people are comparing this to other games then it makes sense they think it's too dark, but it's not this game is too dark, it's that those games are too bright.

I think Forza looks especially great in th Yas Marina circuit at night. The dark sky contrated with the Neon lights looks specatacular.
I don't want them to change the lighting at all in the recent Forza games.

Just fix the sliders so everyone can use them other than Xbox One X HDR users and maybe give better headlight options with an option for full beam if people want.
#59 Posted : Wednesday, March 28, 2018 6:14:55 AM(UTC)
Yes, in FH3 they pretty much nailed it - the environment (especially sky, weather effects) and lighting is superb. One of the nicest games (in eyecandy department) I have ever played.
#60 Posted : Tuesday, April 3, 2018 3:38:58 AM(UTC)
It's not about the sliders. FM7's lighting engine is simply dated. Take a look at how vibrant PCars2 or GT Sport can look when the sun is low and even in mid day these games can appear really bright whereas Forza 7 seems always a bit muffled, as if there is some sort of filter over it. And trust me i see GTS and FM7 with HDR in all its detail on an LG OLED B7 and i know how to adjust my games and TV. Team VVV for example did some great comparisons lately between all current racing games and they repeatedly called Forza 7 out for their sub par lighting and contrast. Also there are numerous MotogamesTV videos where you can clearly see the contrast difference between FM7 and GTS. Forza handles light and dark worse than other games, its not as atmospheric as it could be. Does not mean it looks bad, its just not as good.
Take a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1wW0w6CvBw

Edited by user Tuesday, April 3, 2018 3:40:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#61 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 4:15:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: andrOOrdna Go to Quoted Post
As for brightness adjustment. Sure I can change all sorts of things on my graphics card control panel, but that means it will mess up everything else besides Forza 7 and the end result will be just more low contrast but brighter image. Not a valid option for me.

+1
3 Pages123Prev

Notification

Icon
Error