This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2019 4:20:26 PM(UTC)
Since the latest August update, I noticed something odd.

First a bit of background: I am not good at this game. I race a few times a week for fun. It's stress relief for me. I don't care if I win - in fact I usually come in last or close to it.

I was racing in the 900 level lobby this week and accidentally bumped a guy a couple of times in the turns. He started yelling obscenities at me and told me that when the race finished, I was gone. I wasn't sure what he meant by this, but sure enough, once the race finished I was disconnected from the hopper and returned to the general multiplayer lobby.

What's up with this? Are some players actually given these bully privileges by Forza?
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2019 6:05:23 PM(UTC)
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2019 6:08:05 PM(UTC)
Also I think if at least half the lobby votes to kick you you can get booted too. That is unlikely what happened though unless it was a lobby full of friends on party chat or something like that.
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2019 6:17:19 PM(UTC)
There are two methods;

1. Vote to Kick; If players unanimously vote to kick you from lobby. In my experience you’d have to do something pretty wrong to warrant everybody doing this in a co-ordinated fashion. You can see this option side menu when you select a player in lobby screen.

2. Race Marshal; Some select players are “Forza Race Marshals” and have the power to kick you from lobby, these are volunteers approved by Turn 10 and must provide Turn 10 with report plus video evidence each time they use this power. I’m let to actually encounter a Race Marshal (identified with special badge), it’s very unlikely this player you describe (yelling, etc.) is a Race Marshal. Turn10 are quite strict, so If they abuse their power, or are simply not active enough, they’re removed from the program my understanding.

I would like to believe the Marshals are looking down on us from spectate mode, bringing Swift and Devine Judgement upon those whom ramith…. But I am yet to witness and I am of little faith.

Edited by user Sunday, August 11, 2019 11:13:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#5 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2019 9:03:58 PM(UTC)
I often get disconnected from the lobby when I have the connection problems icons too..

Edited by user Sunday, August 11, 2019 9:04:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#6 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2019 1:38:00 AM(UTC)
From what I've heard, to be kicked by the other players you need at least 50% of the votes of the people present in the lobby
Depends on how many of you were racing at the time. The more the players the harder it is to get kicked because most people don't care, don't know how to organize to get rid of one player of don't even know the feature even exists.

As already mentioned, the other 2 reasons may be:

- A marshal present in the lobby who saw what happened and booted you
- Simply disconnected, which happens to me 80% of the time, daily.

Pretty sure it's the last one.
#7 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2019 6:21:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Schumacher 9I Go to Quoted Post
There are two methods;

1. Vote to Kick; If players unanimously vote to kick you from lobby. In my experience you’d have to do something pretty wrong to warrant everybody doing this in a co-ordinated fashion. You can see this option side menu when you select a player in lobby screen.

2. Race Marshal; Some select players are “Forza Race Marshals” and have the power to kick you from lobby, these are volunteers approved by Turn 10 and must provide Turn 10 with report plus video evidence each time they use this power. I’m let to actually encounter a Race Marshal (identified with special badge), it’s very unlikely this player you describe (yelling, etc.) is a Race Marshal. Turn10 are quite strict, so If they abuse their power, or are simply not active enough, they’re removed from the program my understanding.

I would like to believe the Marshals are looking down on us from spectate mode, bringing Swift and Devine Judgement upon those whom ramith…. But I am yet to witness and I am of little faith.

Just an FYI, many, if not most race marshals do not use the badge. They also don't usually announce their presence either. You wouldn't believe some of the messages and communications race marshals have received, there's a lot of immature players out there. You are correct in that marshals are held to a very high standard as far as their behavior. Even though they are volunteers, T10 still considers them to be "representatives" of the game, and they are expected to act accordingly. Sadly, there have been a few who did not meet those standards and were promptly removed from the program. As has been stated numerous times, the marshals simply cannot be in every lobby every day at all times, it just isn't possible. Just because you don't see them, doesn't mean they haven't been there. It is unfortunate that sometimes they aren't there when someone is really misbehaving, but trust me, they are still very active. The number of players who have been reported since the program was started is staggering.
EZT Motorsport: P r i d e | H o n o r | I n t e g r i t y - Not just a team, but a way of life!
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 4:55:02 AM(UTC)
Thanks, everyone.

I sometimes think there should be two multiplayer universes: one for those who just want to have fun and one for those who need to win.

If someone bumps me into the dirt, I don't really care. Maybe I will bump him later if I get a chance.

But some of these guys are tightly wound. I have been called some pretty explicit names just by bumping into other racers.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 9:49:51 AM(UTC)
Why did you continually bump him? Be more careful, it messes people up when you bump them continually. Play to your abilities and know what they are.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 12:49:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
Why did you continually bump him? Be more careful, it messes people up when you bump them continually. Play to your abilities and know what they are.

Well, it is mighty tight in the turns in the first lap with 20 players!
#11 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 12:52:00 AM(UTC)
Um that’s why you’re not supposed to try and fit 20 people through a turn lol. People need to relax a little I get that but people also need to realize your not gonna win the race on turn 1.
#12 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2019 9:05:16 AM(UTC)
Yea might want to try getting better at the game before you go into multiplayer buddy. You deserved what you got

Notification

Icon
Error