This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
7 Pages<<567Prev
 2 users liked this post.
#151 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 2:06:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: KOG7777 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Lowe0 Go to Quoted Post

I had family visiting for the weekend due to Gen Con. I'm sorry if you consider spending time with relatives from out of town to be "poor time management".

The point is that there's absolutely no need to time-limit tasks. It doesn't actually test any sort of driving skill; the only purpose it serves is to require people to log into the live service regularly.

Rod here, you only need to log in every 3 days to keep up on dailies. Only need to login in once to knock out the rest of the seasonal stuff. And since it's a game, I'm using the word 'need', loosely...

Compared to FH1 and FH2 where you only had to log in 'whenever I actually felt like playing'.

There's nothing stopping you from doing that now.

Not if I'm interested in keeping up with the new car releases.

Unlike say, in Forza 7, where they add free cars from time to time which can be collected whenever.
 2 users liked this post.
#152 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 8:10:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lowe0 Go to Quoted Post

I had family visiting for the weekend due to Gen Con. I'm sorry if you consider spending time with relatives from out of town to be "poor time management".

The point is that there's absolutely no need to time-limit tasks. It doesn't actually test any sort of driving skill; the only purpose it serves is to require people to log into the live service regularly.

Rod here, you only need to log in every 3 days to keep up on dailies. Only need to login in once to knock out the rest of the seasonal stuff. And since it's a game, I'm using the word 'need', loosely...

Compared to FH1 and FH2 where you only had to log in 'whenever I actually felt like playing'.

There's nothing stopping you from doing that now.

Not if I'm interested in keeping up with the new car releases.

Unlike say, in Forza 7, where they add free cars from time to time which can be collected whenever.

They also add it at the beginning of the month to help boost interest in the update.

Meanwhile in FH4 they start with nothing in the Summer season and save the DBS Superleggera for Winter when most of the map is snowy roads.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#153 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 2:51:11 AM(UTC)
Lol, this thread is still going on. A brilliant proof that there are more keyboards than braincells on earth.
 1 user liked this post.
#154 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 4:19:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DunkinDonutsNr1 Go to Quoted Post
Lol, this thread is still going on. A brilliant proof that there are more keyboards than braincells on earth.

Amazing what 5 or 6 posters can do, isn't it.
 8 users liked this post.
#155 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 12:38:32 PM(UTC)

Yeah, lets forbid any talk that's not what some people deem "appropriate". Nobody forces you to read that topic so whats the problem with the fact it's still going on?
 4 users liked this post.
#156 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 4:06:31 PM(UTC)

You and your friend seem to be the type who buys a car known for being difficult to live with, struggles with its issues but goes on to say "ah, they're not flaws, they're traits!"

Now, FH4 isn't exactly a lemon, but, at least to me, the updates haven't helped it very much. Recently in my game I've had the displeasure of seeing a front-engined Karmann-Ghia and a prewar Mercedes racer with paddles made of thin air. Then you go to Discord and the people there are all "eh, it'll get fixed", "it's not a bug, it's an issue!" and things like that, when there's bugs there that shipped with the game, have been reported countless times and still haven't been fixed.

Speaking of which, I must have raced that "Family Car Frenzy" seasonal for the third time now.

Edited by user Friday, August 9, 2019 4:15:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#157 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2019 1:26:09 AM(UTC)

No, that's the "AI unfair..." thread which has been raging for months. This is the insufferable whining thread.
 10 users liked this post.
#158 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2019 9:30:40 AM(UTC)
It's interesting how any topic that has valid criticism of the game tends to attract apologists who resort to put-downs and ad-hominem arguments directed at other players rather than actually constructive responses to the arguments presented.

Speaking to these apologists, it's fine if you don't agree with other player's criticism with the game, but calling them stupid, whiners or complainers just makes you look petty like you can't stand anyone to say anything negative about your beloved game, and would rather have the devs leave it in its current broken state forever rather than make an attempt to improve it.

If this thread really bothers you that much, you don't have to read it or participate in it. You do realize that your comments bump this thread and generate more visibility.

On the original topic of this thread and to provide some constructive content, I would personally like to see the Forza franchise move away from the car collecting game mechanic and focus more on actually driving/enjoying the vehicles.

In terms of Horizon, there's already a huge amount of engaging endgame gameplay with tinkering with cars and rivals without the collect-a-thon mechanics. I would appreciate to see this aspect of the game greatly expanded, especially with things like a vastly improved route creator and maybe even something like a community challenge builder or car meets. This doesn't preclude the devs continuing to add cars on a regular basis, but I would like to see the focus put on driving and enjoying them, not spending our game time on unlocking them so there's no time/energy/interest left to actually enjoy the new content.

Edited by user Sunday, August 11, 2019 10:12:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2007 Toyota Blade Master G

Post Checklist: Spelling/Grammar - Constructive - Respectful
 3 users liked this post.
#159 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2019 1:23:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: gamer1000k Go to Quoted Post
It's interesting how any topic that has valid criticism of the game tends to attract apologists who resort to put-downs and ad-hominem arguments directed at other players rather than actually constructive responses to the arguments presented.

Seriously. I'd like to get into the minds of the people who decide to contribute to a thread by dismissing it and the people involved, but I bet they'd rather just call me stupid.

Regardless of how I feel about the actual topic of the thread, I love to discuss the philosophy of game design, be it criticism or not. I never get tired of hearing people's thoughts on things like that. Why does it have to be a fight?

Quote:
In terms of Horizon, there's already a huge amount of engaging endgame gameplay with tinkering with cars and rivals without the collect-a-thon mechanics. I would appreciate to see this aspect of the game greatly expanded, especially with things like a vastly improved route creator and maybe even something like a community challenge builder or car meets. This doesn't preclude the devs continuing to add cars on a regular basis, but I would like to see the focus put on driving and enjoying them, not spending our game time on unlocking them so there's no time/energy/interest left to actually enjoy the new content.

I've been thinking about the FH4 gameplay loop a lot. I realize that with a game as open as this, everybody plays it in their own way, so not everybody's going to have this problem, but for me the reward loop definitely is kind of backwards. I'm given a car to work toward, I get it... and then it goes into my garage with the other 600 cars. Maybe at some point there will be an event where I end up using that car, by then I'll have forgotten where I got it and what it is. Not being a car person, just someone who enjoys racing games, I'm always drowning in cars, not exactly sure what to do with them. The half-baked route creator really isn't helping me with that. Maybe the class-based rivals will offer me a more natural endgame.

5 users liked this post.
#160 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 1:56:02 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

There is over 150 exclusive cars, the unlock system needs a rework

I don't make threads often on here often but I feel like it needs to be said, the eliminator was the final nail in the coffin for me, there is too much time/online only locked content in this game and the system needs a rework for unlockable cars for after they have been released.

I haven't played for a few months but I cannot be the only player fed up of time locked/online car content for the game at this point in its life cycle, from RNG wheelspins to online only rewards to festival playlist grinding and its approach to this, its a system that eliminates the players sense of freedom on what to do that for me at least was the appeal of past forzas and demands players to do what the playlists see fit when it sees fit or miss out on cars for a long time or even seemingly permanently with how long it can take for a car to return.

This not helped that many requested cars are typically locked behind online, not everybody has the ability to play online.

I feel with around 150 or so cars and more if you include PO and Forza editions cars (im fine with these however since their base cars can be obtained normally) locked behind Forzathon or wheelspins or one time unlocks, it is now getting to a point where the system demands you play all the time now its way. For long time players creates burnout from repetitiveness and detracts from other activities such as tuning, painting, route creations etc. For new players and those picking up the game for the first time theres a great possibility that a favoured car they may seek or saw a friend use is unavailable and now have to pray for the next season or forzathon shop to add it in which can take ages or fork over 20 mill to your local "legend painter".

I understand why the festival forzathon system works as it does - to keep players numbers up week to week, keep the game fresh and get players to engage in new activities, it adds challenges for more daring players and bragging rights rewards, I do understand the appeal of such as system. I think does work in that regard but comparing its unlock system to other games such as CTR nitro fueled or how the Crew wildrun handled its new addon cars (idk how the crew 2 handles new cars so using this example) which while not perfect I feel both breaks a happy medium, it gives players dedicated to the game their challenges and bragging right rewards for those who want to for a month or 2 before said content is unlocked (or at least earned at your own time kinda of deal) and can be enjoyed by players who could not do the challenges whatever their reason may be or simply were late to the party.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 11, 2019 10:01:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Silly spelling and grammar errors

#161 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 2:20:54 PM(UTC)
In before the:

"Thank you for your feedback, the Wishlist thread is over there."
 1 user liked this post.
#162 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 3:40:15 PM(UTC)
I'd like to buy some periods and commas, please?
IBTL
 1 user liked this post.
#163 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 5:28:29 PM(UTC)
They are adding free cars so just imagine you bought the base game and you don't want to pay more to get more cars. Here the payment is dedication to the game if you don't want to pay that price you aren't losing anything anyway.

Btw they always make a second if not a third round for the cars to be earned again, i personally have almost 2 of every exclusive car and just play on sundays for about 1-2h.

1 user liked this post.
#164 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 5:38:33 PM(UTC)
I don’t think anyone can complain about FH4. I have all the exclusive cars now apart from the Capri fe and 1 other I think and I am by no means a regular player of the game compared to some on here. It’s great that the devs are still supporting this game with new content over a year after release. I wish they’d increase the garage space again though if it’s still 750.
 1 user liked this post.
#165 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 8:35:11 PM(UTC)
People have been saying this since Festival Playlist was announced. This unlock system is utter garbage and PG haven't acknowledged a single complaint about it.

Yes, I get that it doesn't take that long to complete each week. The issue isn't with the difficult in completing it, it's usually fairly trivial. The issue is that if you want to unlock all the cars, you literally have to schedule time in your calendar to play every week. Hope you don't have vacations, family emergencies, work/school commitments, etc., etc. to attend to that might make you miss a week!

Retro Krystal even tweeted about having to have her parents jump on her Xbox for her so she wouldn't miss out on a Forzathon daily while she was out of town. No game should require that level of devotion just to unlock cars! This is a Forza game, not an MMO, so stop treating it like one, PG!

This doesn't even mention that the playlist events are often on downright awful community-created routes using car/track combinations that make absolutely no sense whatsoever. And it also doesn't touch on the fact that the traditional campaign found in previous Forza games was essentially scrapped in favor of this Forza-as-a-service model.

Don't get me wrong, I think PG has made some terrific changes to the game and I understand that they work hard on it. But they refuse to address the core issue plaguing the game which is its model of forcing you to play when and how they want you to play rather than when and how you want to play.

What they're doing with the Supra is what they should do with all cars. A time-limited event you can do to unlock the car for free, and if you don't want to or can't complete the event in time you can simply buy it from the Autoshow at a premium price.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 11, 2019 8:40:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#166 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 9:18:48 PM(UTC)
Totally agree with the OP, I've been saying the same thing since this system started in FH3. This unlock system is 100% for the benefit of MS/PG to coerce players into logging in each week (and playing those awful online game modes), and doesn't benefit players in any way.

One other thing that hasn't already been mentioned is what happens to all these locked cars once support for the game ends. In FH3, these cars became permanently unavailable for new players (unless you can find one on the AH). This was a worst case outcome, and given PG's behavior I fully expect the same thing happen to FH4 so they can push players to FH5 to get the cars.

Post Checklist: Spelling/Grammar - Constructive - Respectful
 1 user liked this post.
#167 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 9:40:26 PM(UTC)
It's not hard to make money in this game at all, and few cars are really expensive or hard to find. Many cars that were expensive and rare in the past, are extremely cheap and availiable today.

Besides the PO cars, the only car I can think of that was hard to find, is the 812 and even that is availiable when reaching a milestone in the game.

As time goes buy, as cars are getting re-released, people are dumbing their cars in the AH cheaper and cheaper.

Plus, FH5 could be less than a year away, soon enough this game won't matter at all :D
#168 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 11:00:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
Unicorns are not a new thing to Forza. I missed the 360 era but I know there were many. Furthermore, since gaming was different (read: better) back then, it was even possible to unlock the unicorns by yourself (IIRC in FM4 there's a reward for doing Le Mans for 24h straight).

Fast forward to 2016 which is when FH3 was released and we begin to see a dramatic increase in the number of exclusive cars tied to times events. Forzathon was a new feature to FH3, appreciated by many, even though most of them involved performing extremely grindy tasks to earn menial rewards and the odd exclusive car. In FH3 the Auction House was brought back as well and Playground saw it fit to limit the player's ability to price their cars on their own, offering the chance to unlock unlimited freedom (up to 20 million CR) should you reach Legendary tuner and/or painter status. The system was obviously exploited by dishonorable players who effectively founded a cartel within the game and locked exclusive cars out of the market, unless you showed up with 20 million CR obtained by whatever means (most of the time in violation of the Xbox Live TOS).

When 2017 came and T10 released what could be called "Forza Horizon 3.5: Motorsport Expansion", with a much different tone to the game compared to FM6 (I like the rock music but most don't and it gets old fast), they really, REALLY upped the ante on the exclusive cars feature. The game shipped with Prize Crates which were likely to be involved in microtransactions containing said exclusive cars had the backlash against EA's Star Wars: Battlefront II's microtransaction system not happened. The poor reaction to the crates, even based on made up arguments, boosted by the VIP debacle, would undermine FM7's commercial performance. The game also had a "Car Collection" menu resembling Forza's very own version of a Pokédex, even with a full set of "Legendaries".

In the following months T10 would try to tweak their exclusive cars system with mostly poor results, sometimes disastrous like the late offer of the 1932 Ford Coupe with bugged features in a February 2018 event (I think it was around that month), which was a previously locked car with bugs people couldn't report because you can't customize rentals. Forzathon itself was so badly coded, T10 moved validation to their own servers. Finally, in July 2018, T10 unlocked almost everything in the game, owing to our many requests that they did so. In November it was the crates' time to say goodbye (good riddance!).

The next and latest game in the Forza franchise is Horizon 4 released September last year. It didn't have the rocky launch FM7 did, save for the worse multiplayer modes and lack of custom time trials. But it did bring the exclusive cars feature up another notch. Forzathon would no longer reward you with cars outright, but give you "Forzathon Points" to be used in a new shop. The easiest way to earn these points was, and still is, to partake in Forzathon Live, which is an hourly, co-op version of those grindy events FH3 had, in real time. Moreover, there were quite a few cars exclusive to wheelspins, many of which having no special trait other than being exclusive.

The Legendary tuner/painter system and the Auction House were brought back almost unchanged from FH3, the only difference being a level bar, and it was the team's desire, since Creative Director Ralph Fulton has said on stream prior to the game's release that "we won't be changing it since players need rewards for their efforts". As a matter of fact, the team was also asked about the removal of the ability to sell duplicate wheelspin rewards back to the game and they replied with "not happening since we don't want to give players an unfair advantage". This policy on Playground's part could be first seen when they inexplicably increased the price of wheelspins in the Forzathon Shop, which was difficult to understand since there was a lesser chance of winning good prizes with the availability of cosmetics among the possibilities.

The Auction House would go on to become an even bigger disaster than it was in FH3. What followed in the following months was a bunch of Legends earning their privileges by uploading easy designs and tunes (just some random, odd body color), while renowned creators who took their time to bring excellence, some of whom were even given a headstart by owning the game before everyone, were left behind. To make matters worse, the Fortune Island update added multiple paint groups to wheels but broke old designs in the process, making people quit as a result, as if the team wanted to say, "it's not our problem, you should tweak and reupload your stuff". Thing is, there were people who already had hundreds of designs in their Storefront, all of which broken after the update. Activity in the Paint Booth dwindled as a consequence thought there's still good content coming.

Now we had exclusives being sold at 20 million once again by people who didn't deserve their status, making the Auction House unusable. What's more, the inability to disable crossplay in FH4 has let PC hackers run rampant and **** all the cars with a myriad of tools outside Microsoft's control and the season system enabled people to tweak the in-game clock to receive their exclusive cars early, in a repeat of what used to happen in the Pokémon games with day/night and season cycles. Regular players who wanted to ensure their cars didn't fall into the hands of scammers didn't have a proper buy/sale system to fall back to, so they had to risk a rudimentary trade by private messaging.

Playground's "magna opus" when it comes to car restriction was yet to come, though. In March, in a shameless attempt to make players spend more (online) time in the game, the Festival Playlist was created, offering rewards for doing daily and/or weekly tasks. 50% completion was possible without online interaction and took the best part of two hours at the most. The juicier prizes, however, were locked behind 100% completion (yes, ONE HUNDRED!) and required, among other things, taking part in The Trial, qualifying for Online Adventure (which was still a mess when Playlist was first introduced), doing every single daily Forzathon event and, worst of all, winning a Playground Games event in co-op. The backlash was such that Playground had to back off and lowered max completion to 80% as well as moving many of the exclusive cars to the 50% tier, which wouldn't be enough next to what the devs would do in the upcoming months.

So, exclusive cars became "easier" to obtain, but, with the end of the Car Pass, instead of releasing another couple DLC packs to round off the car list, Playground decided to bring T10's "Spotlight Car" feature to FH4, with a twist: cars newly introduced to the game would be free as in FM7, but locked behind timed events (unlike in FM7). Usually, the new car was the reward for 50% Playlist completion, which took winning many unnecessary challenges (some of which repeats from championships we had in the first couple weeks after the game's release) and filling up our garages with redundant cars we couldn't, or wouldn't, sell. But there were two instances were Playground blatantly backed off on their "ok guys, you're right, 100% was too much" stance, which was when the Apollo IE and now the Jeep Wrangler DeBerti Design were exclusively available by winning The Trial.

Indeed, 50% could be achieved without online gameplay but it wouldn't be enough if you wanted these cars... In addition to that, you needed The Trial. And the first one was a real piece of work: Hypercars on rainy Street Scene events! Now we have a Cross Country one in which the last event is none other than The Titan... And the Apollo is available outside The Trial, but at an inexplicable cost of 2,000 Forzathon Points when other exclusives cost less than a third of that.

Now, I ask: if Forza Horizon 4 is such a commercial and critical success, why are you guys trying to dictate when and how we should play? Why so much emphasis on stalling us and making us collect stuff?

Right now I feel as if playing Pokéforza. We even have "Legendaries" in the game, and, as in FM7, a Pokédex. FH4's version of the Car Collection menu is, in fact, further closer to a Pokédex to FM7's variant since it tells you how to get the cars (a feature in Pokémon's Pokédex since the very first pair of games). I can bring my car friends with me in my journey to become Horizon Master and grow their abilities with my skill points (which made FE cars redundant) along the way, all while meeting new friends such as Rebecca, Alex and Jaimin. What happened to the driving experience? Engine sounds took a step backwards, racing is broken with many OP cars (some of which cleverly placed as unicorns by the team), the PI system still favors AWD cars and makes drivetrain swaps the unofficial assist in the game, houses were a lame addition next to what other games have, even the music has become worse (not that the ESRB helped with that). I like that the team brought back old features like Custom Rivals, but this was 9 months after the game's release. Elimination of Freeroam Rush took less but still, many people had left by then.

The exclusive cars system hurts the game's content. In fact, I wonder if the 1932 Ford Coupe's situation in FM7 was the final straw in the back T10 needed to decide to unlock all the exclusive cars in the game. We have locked cars shipped with bugs that shouldn't be there, given they're "special". The Mercedes AMG GT 4-door does not have Race suspension yet. The Apollo has a paint bug in the wheel center caps (which sucks because the stock color is a horrid orange). The Koenigsegg CCX has a poorly made shifting animation and comes fitted with a positive displacement supercharger, which is wrong since the real car comes with centrifugal superchargers, which has an impact on its sound. The Jeep Wrangler DD is locked behind The Trial but isn't even distinct enough from the Trailcat to earn its exclusive status. Not really the same but even the Lego DLC has its issues regarding exclusive cars, with the rumored 1974 911 Turbo coming to the game after most people don't even care anymore.

There's so much focus on increasing gaming time among the player base by doing boring and/or frustrating events and not enough is done to fix the game's flaws, or even improve on existing features. No new pricing system will save the current Auction House from the failure it has become. Blueprint does not let us set a custom PI limit, which would ease our frustration with the broken PI system. Heck, we can't even edit Blueprints without reaching the max limit. Bugs are ignored (I sent a ticket regarding the lack of Race suspension for certain cars and, months later, they remain unfixed). Expansions are useless past completion since their online activities are limited and the seasonals repeat over the months. Even the clothing is useless (emotes are useless by default). OP cars aren't toned down despite the game having a competitive online mode with a ranked ladder. Cars cost an absurd price in the Forzathon Shop for no reason whatsoever. Wheelspins hurt more than help once you start getting duplicates of cheap cars. Talked about (and highly anticipated) features like painting brake calipers are abandoned in favor of stuff like "Star Cards" (which were broken when they first came out BTW).

Playground, we want to play this game because it's good, not because we have to. I know I could just give up on collecting the cars but I drive a lot of stuff in the game and I like a variety of vehicles (even the trucks). You guys have nailed the gameplay and the graphics but the rest is increasingly frustrating to deal with, I'm sorry. If I didn't have a Game Pass Ultimate sub, I wouldn't get Ultimate Edition the next time. Locking the Apollo was on a level of stupidity almost equal to T10's when they locked the 991.1 GT3 RS in FM7.

In fact, locking stuff doesn't help anything but number ratings.

I strongly disagree with so many things said within this text especially about the setting up of the auction being malfunctional and the analogy between fh4 and Pokédex. If a car is rare, it is rare for whatever reason. People should grind for something that is rare and therefore pay top dollar(credits) when they come across it. If fortunately the devs decide to regulate the market by supplying more rare cars through the Festival, it is only fair for players to fulfill the 50% completion within ONE WEEK. Secondly, as much as scammers can be undesirable for pricing at 20mil+ and snipping cars, it enables a drainage of coins so that a few people don’t end up controlling the whole market. When you get scammed, you scam someone else and that’s how the machine self-regulates. Plus people with a lot of coins tend to be willing to give them away especially during Car Shows and other racing contests. All you really have to do to get coins fast is to network within the community because people(like me) will willingly give away coins during meet-ups. Additionally, regarding the Pokédex comparison, I think that there’s so much to do in forza besides obsessively collecting cars. Especially at this stage of the game where previously deemed « rare cars » are easily obtainable, each player has a chance to engage and find a community of players that suit his interests: whether you like drifting, paint jobs, drag race, online adventure, rally etc. There’s a panoply of choices and activities for everyone. If you played games like FIFA Ultimate Team, you will understand that the 50% grind, the weekly objectives and the auction house in FH4 are quite reasonable

Edited by user Wednesday, December 11, 2019 11:31:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#169 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 11:10:28 PM(UTC)
I hate FH4 already. But still playing this game. Why? That is nothing but the Concorde effect. If I stop playing, my efforts will be wasted. And they never reveal the exclusive car rerelease schedule.
If I don't get the New Alpine A110, when will they re-release it? I do not know.

I really hate this system. I want them to remove this system as soon as possible, but they will never do it. Because it is a system that can artificially create addicts of FH4. It is scarier than DLC.
"There's no such thing as a free lunch." Please note that they offer free cars, but as a result we are paying a higher price.

Well, aside from my dissatisfaction.
This system is already failing. They have already made dozens of cars exclusive, but the schedule for re-releasing them is very bad. It seems that there is no plan.
And our garage is already in a capacity crisis. It goes without saying that exclusive cars occupy garages.

A good idea to solve this is the difference in the speed of content provision in the season pass at The Crew 2.
Players who have a season pass can play new content faster than other players. But it will be released later for all players. Make exclusive cars the same system.
If you play Festival Playlist, you can use those contents faster than they are added to the auto show. That way, they can maintain the rarity of the car and keep us motivated to play in less popular modes like trials.
And those players who couldn't get those cars will be able to use their content after a certain period of time. This reduces the amount of dissatisfaction with what was not available and allows you to dispose of exclusive vehicles from the garage as soon as they are no longer needed.

If they are still worried that nobody will play the Festival Playlist, they can re-release career mode prizes like Skyline R34 and RAM 2500. The Skyline R34 is still a very popular car. If this car is available, everyone will play the Festival Playlist.
#170 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 11:25:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: nb3254 Go to Quoted Post
I hate FH4 already. But still playing this game. Why? That is nothing but the Concorde effect. If I stop playing, my efforts will be wasted. And they never reveal the exclusive car rerelease schedule.
If I don't get the New Alpine A110, when will they re-release it? I do not know.

I really hate this system. I want them to remove this system as soon as possible, but they will never do it. Because it is a system that can artificially create addicts of FH4. It is scarier than DLC.
"There's no such thing as a free lunch." Please note that they offer free cars, but as a result we are paying a higher price.

This system is already failing. They have already made dozens of cars exclusive, but the schedule for re-releasing them is very bad. It seems that there is no plan.
And our garage is already in a capacity crisis. It goes without saying that exclusive cars occupy garages.

A good idea to solve this is the difference in the speed of content provision in the season pass at The Crew 2.
Players who have a season pass can play new content faster than other players. But it will be released later for all players. Make exclusive cars the same system.
If you play Festival Playlist, you can use those contents faster than they are added to the auto show. That way, they can maintain the rarity of the car and keep us motivated to play in less popular modes like trials.
And those players who couldn't get those cars will be able to use their content after a certain period of time. This reduces the amount of dissatisfaction with what was not available and allows you to dispose of exclusive vehicles from the garage as soon as they are no longer needed.

If they are still worried that nobody will play the Festival Playlist, they can re-release career mode prizes like Skyline R34 and RAM 2500. The Skyline R34 is still a very popular car. If this car is available, everyone will play the Festival Playlist.

What problem exactly do you resolve by making  “season pass” holders access the new cars earlier than the other players? All I can think about it is that it is unfair. You said “they offer free cars, but as a result we are paying a higher price”. Is that true? From my experience, as soon as a rare car gets released in the Festival playlist for free, the price of either drops dramatically or the car is no longer extinct. Though I agree with you that the garage should be larger at this stage but how big can it really get? Hopefully they can do something about it

#171 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2019 12:29:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jjahouan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: nb3254 Go to Quoted Post

What problem exactly do you resolve by making  “season pass” holders access the new cars earlier than the other players? All I can think about it is that it is unfair. You said “they offer free cars, but as a result we are paying a higher price”. Is that true? From my experience, as soon as a rare car gets released in the Festival playlist for free, the price of either drops dramatically or the car is no longer extinct. Though I agree with you that the garage should be larger at this stage but how big can it really get? Hopefully they can do something about it

Please read it properly.
The season pass is an example at The Crew2.
I have replaced it with Festival Playlist.
 1 user liked this post.
#172 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2019 2:09:08 AM(UTC)
What we need is a big mirror.

The problem isn't the game mechanics for car provision it's entirely the 'must have all rare cars' mindset and I suspect in particular the casual game pass players.

You can complete most of the game with the 3 base cars and all the speed traps, danger signs etc with the free mosler. Drifting not sure but at least one of the wheelspin cars would be fine.

There are hundreds of cars thrown at you in wheelspins, you don't need any of these rare cars to play the game. Most of the early rare cars are now cheap and plentiful in the auction house.

If you can't do every seasonal, just do a few and get a few random extra free cars each week when you do play.

You don't need them all, it's in your head, this irrational fear of missing out by not having car X. Most cars come up several times in events anyway so you have multiple opportunities.

Drive , race, paint, tune the cars you have, enjoy the game for what it is. Focusing on what you have, not want you don't have is an important life skill.

Entirely an obsession of your own making.

Edited by user Thursday, December 12, 2019 2:10:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#173 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2019 6:34:38 AM(UTC)
One simple tweak to things could render all of this dissatisfaction moot.

Allow the previous playlists to be playable at any time.

New ones get added, with new shiny things? Great, but if you still haven't completed Season 14 because you were on holiday, why can't you just go back and do it in your own time?

Maybe keep one thing - the Trial, for instance - limited to the week in question (as archive ones would obviously suffer from lack of other players potentially), but make the prize something more about bragging rights than a car. Special FE versions of existing base cars, or a limited-edition livery version that can't be obtained any other way, but isn't a car that no-one else can drive.

There's still the sense of achievement for those who get them (and sure, let them be auctionable if you like as well) but it means people don't get stressed about missing that week's prize car's because real life got in the way.

Everyone could be happy.
Try my new blueprint race; "The Edinburgh Twist" - 736 688 266 - it's twisty, fiendish fun!
 1 user liked this post.
#174 Posted : Thursday, December 12, 2019 7:03:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JayTredecim Go to Quoted Post
Everyone could be happy.

I agree, but on this board? Everyone happy? Bwahahahahahahahahaha...breathe...bwahahahahahahaha.

7 Pages<<567Prev

Notification

Icon
Error