This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
7 Pages<<567Prev
 2 users liked this post.
#151 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 2:06:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: KOG7777 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Lowe0 Go to Quoted Post

I had family visiting for the weekend due to Gen Con. I'm sorry if you consider spending time with relatives from out of town to be "poor time management".

The point is that there's absolutely no need to time-limit tasks. It doesn't actually test any sort of driving skill; the only purpose it serves is to require people to log into the live service regularly.

Rod here, you only need to log in every 3 days to keep up on dailies. Only need to login in once to knock out the rest of the seasonal stuff. And since it's a game, I'm using the word 'need', loosely...

Compared to FH1 and FH2 where you only had to log in 'whenever I actually felt like playing'.

There's nothing stopping you from doing that now.

Not if I'm interested in keeping up with the new car releases.

Unlike say, in Forza 7, where they add free cars from time to time which can be collected whenever.
 2 users liked this post.
#152 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 8:10:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lowe0 Go to Quoted Post

I had family visiting for the weekend due to Gen Con. I'm sorry if you consider spending time with relatives from out of town to be "poor time management".

The point is that there's absolutely no need to time-limit tasks. It doesn't actually test any sort of driving skill; the only purpose it serves is to require people to log into the live service regularly.

Rod here, you only need to log in every 3 days to keep up on dailies. Only need to login in once to knock out the rest of the seasonal stuff. And since it's a game, I'm using the word 'need', loosely...

Compared to FH1 and FH2 where you only had to log in 'whenever I actually felt like playing'.

There's nothing stopping you from doing that now.

Not if I'm interested in keeping up with the new car releases.

Unlike say, in Forza 7, where they add free cars from time to time which can be collected whenever.

They also add it at the beginning of the month to help boost interest in the update.

Meanwhile in FH4 they start with nothing in the Summer season and save the DBS Superleggera for Winter when most of the map is snowy roads.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#153 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 2:51:11 AM(UTC)
Lol, this thread is still going on. A brilliant proof that there are more keyboards than braincells on earth.
 1 user liked this post.
#154 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 4:19:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DunkinDonutsNr1 Go to Quoted Post
Lol, this thread is still going on. A brilliant proof that there are more keyboards than braincells on earth.

Amazing what 5 or 6 posters can do, isn't it.
 8 users liked this post.
#155 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 12:38:32 PM(UTC)

Yeah, lets forbid any talk that's not what some people deem "appropriate". Nobody forces you to read that topic so whats the problem with the fact it's still going on?
 4 users liked this post.
#156 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 4:06:31 PM(UTC)

You and your friend seem to be the type who buys a car known for being difficult to live with, struggles with its issues but goes on to say "ah, they're not flaws, they're traits!"

Now, FH4 isn't exactly a lemon, but, at least to me, the updates haven't helped it very much. Recently in my game I've had the displeasure of seeing a front-engined Karmann-Ghia and a prewar Mercedes racer with paddles made of thin air. Then you go to Discord and the people there are all "eh, it'll get fixed", "it's not a bug, it's an issue!" and things like that, when there's bugs there that shipped with the game, have been reported countless times and still haven't been fixed.

Speaking of which, I must have raced that "Family Car Frenzy" seasonal for the third time now.

Edited by user Friday, August 9, 2019 4:15:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#157 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2019 1:26:09 AM(UTC)

No, that's the "AI unfair..." thread which has been raging for months. This is the insufferable whining thread.
 9 users liked this post.
#158 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2019 9:30:40 AM(UTC)
It's interesting how any topic that has valid criticism of the game tends to attract apologists who resort to put-downs and ad-hominem arguments directed at other players rather than actually constructive responses to the arguments presented.

Speaking to these apologists, it's fine if you don't agree with other player's criticism with the game, but calling them stupid, whiners or complainers just makes you look petty like you can't stand anyone to say anything negative about your beloved game, and would rather have the devs leave it in its current broken state forever rather than make an attempt to improve it.

If this thread really bothers you that much, you don't have to read it or participate in it. You do realize that your comments bump this thread and generate more visibility.

On the original topic of this thread and to provide some constructive content, I would personally like to see the Forza franchise move away from the car collecting game mechanic and focus more on actually driving/enjoying the vehicles.

In terms of Horizon, there's already a huge amount of engaging endgame gameplay with tinkering with cars and rivals without the collect-a-thon mechanics. I would appreciate to see this aspect of the game greatly expanded, especially with things like a vastly improved route creator and maybe even something like a community challenge builder or car meets. This doesn't preclude the devs continuing to add cars on a regular basis, but I would like to see the focus put on driving and enjoying them, not spending our game time on unlocking them so there's no time/energy/interest left to actually enjoy the new content.

Edited by user Sunday, August 11, 2019 10:12:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2007 Toyota Blade Master G
2007 Toyota Blade Master G

Post Checklist: Spelling/Grammar - Constructive - Respectful
 2 users liked this post.
#159 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2019 1:23:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: gamer1000k Go to Quoted Post
It's interesting how any topic that has valid criticism of the game tends to attract apologists who resort to put-downs and ad-hominem arguments directed at other players rather than actually constructive responses to the arguments presented.

Seriously. I'd like to get into the minds of the people who decide to contribute to a thread by dismissing it and the people involved, but I bet they'd rather just call me stupid.

Regardless of how I feel about the actual topic of the thread, I love to discuss the philosophy of game design, be it criticism or not. I never get tired of hearing people's thoughts on things like that. Why does it have to be a fight?

Quote:
In terms of Horizon, there's already a huge amount of engaging endgame gameplay with tinkering with cars and rivals without the collect-a-thon mechanics. I would appreciate to see this aspect of the game greatly expanded, especially with things like a vastly improved route creator and maybe even something like a community challenge builder or car meets. This doesn't preclude the devs continuing to add cars on a regular basis, but I would like to see the focus put on driving and enjoying them, not spending our game time on unlocking them so there's no time/energy/interest left to actually enjoy the new content.

I've been thinking about the FH4 gameplay loop a lot. I realize that with a game as open as this, everybody plays it in their own way, so not everybody's going to have this problem, but for me the reward loop definitely is kind of backwards. I'm given a car to work toward, I get it... and then it goes into my garage with the other 600 cars. Maybe at some point there will be an event where I end up using that car, by then I'll have forgotten where I got it and what it is. Not being a car person, just someone who enjoys racing games, I'm always drowning in cars, not exactly sure what to do with them. The half-baked route creator really isn't helping me with that. Maybe the class-based rivals will offer me a more natural endgame.

7 Pages<<567Prev

Notification

Icon
Error