This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Prev
#26 Posted : Tuesday, August 6, 2019 8:35:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Twistedkillla Go to Quoted Post
How could T10 even think this is what we want. No FRR in all lobbies. I tried playing the only lobby and it’s still horrible with all the wreckage. We’ve been waiting for this and what nothing. Idk.....

You played in the FRR beta lobby, that lobby Is there to test It right? Isnt It normal if people are testing the new features like the last one implemented?
 2 users liked this post.
#27 Posted : Tuesday, August 6, 2019 10:02:05 PM(UTC)
that is really disappointing. FRR was announced months ago and many thought Tun10 is finally doing something. Unfortunately, the reality is different. Months of development and you just manage to present one single hopper with FRR. Poor.It was not to be expected, after nearly two years of playing the game, you have done next to nothing but adding new cars. Ok, the headlights now work in the dark or in tunnels. The actual problems of Forza were skilfully disregarded. Rival times are useless until today. But you are listening to your community.I think nobody of Turn10 has ever played this game. Unless, of course, if from their point of view, there was a "new great" announcement that presented full-bodied in the stream on the couch. Even though the focus was more on Horizon.Otherwise, you might know that if you play for more than two hours, the track rotation will make you hang in a felt infinite VIR and TopGear loop. Part of the available tracks you do not get to see in the lower classes (Nordschleife etc.)But Turn10 seems to be happy as long as there are people who are celebrating it for you and also praise that they get a free Porsche in the game.The masses bring you the money.At the moment I do not believe that Forza 8 gets better, because this is needed as a graphical presentation of the new console.From me delete this text quietly from your forum but it is time for Forza to say goodbye to the Forza series.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 6, 2019 10:05:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

7 users liked this post.
#28 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 12:56:04 AM(UTC)
So this is the end of the line. And FM7 is still a beta.

1) FRR in R,S,A,B,C,D hoppers? Nope.
2) No more unresponsive car selection/long black screens/very short timer in lobbies? Nope.
 6 users liked this post.
#29 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 1:09:56 AM(UTC)
I could not be more disappointed with this update.

FRR in one lobby, a lobby that NOBODY wants to be in, is a slap in the face.

I think I might be done with Forza. Never thought I'd say that is it's been my only racing game since Forza 1.

By the time FM8 comes around people will have abandoned Forza completely. FRR was my one hope for a more active, higher standard racing community but without FRR the community will wither and die pretty quickly.

What a waste.
#30 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 3:03:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MyMonstrosity Go to Quoted Post
Better than nothing. I guess. Now the long wait till 8.
Originally Posted by: nayre33 Go to Quoted Post
That’s it?

Better than nothing - FM7 player's motto LOL

I seriously welcome the addition of time gaps. I've been moaning about that on this forum before. I was mostly hoping for that and AI in multiplayer. Pity the time readout is microscopic but... better than nothing.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 7, 2019 3:54:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

6 users liked this post.
#31 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 3:05:08 AM(UTC)
So glad this whole charade is over! The final update has made the game even more buggier than ever LOL!! This game at launch was broken which was the point at which i should of asked for my money back! This game at the final update is broken so keep my money Turn10 but you will never see another penny from me!! Thank god i dont have to put up with all the fanboys on here suffering from cognitive dissonance anymore!

Edited by user Wednesday, August 7, 2019 3:08:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#32 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 11:52:38 AM(UTC)
A cayman, huh. The 917 k or Apollo ie would’ve been special. Is Horizon the flagship now? I can’t really get into that game. Time to move on. I’d buy a remaster of Forza 4 before getting F8 with a new console.
 2 users liked this post.
#33 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 1:49:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: jps071 Go to Quoted Post
So glad this whole charade is over! The final update has made the game even more buggier than ever LOL!! This game at launch was broken which was the point at which i should of asked for my money back! This game at the final update is broken so keep my money Turn10 but you will never see another penny from me!! Thank god i dont have to put up with all the fanboys on here suffering from cognitive dissonance anymore!

Right? The first thing that they should have done with this update was focus on fixing lobby stability and optimizing this game more. But ya know, that's too much to ask for, Not even asking for updates to this game, just bug fixes, is too much to ask for.
#34 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 1:56:38 PM(UTC)
A few driver gears have never been unlocked by anyone. For instance “ugly sweater” not that I want it but why do this?
#35 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 4:08:48 PM(UTC)
Does anyone know if you can turn the FRR on in private lobby? .... or is it strictly to that hopper? I've seen clips of a race in a private lobby that had penalties on.

This can be a work around for FRR not being in all hoppers. Just need to get a group going.
 1 user liked this post.
#36 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 4:24:10 PM(UTC)
FRR can indeed be activated in private lobbies, you can even disable some elements for instance DQ if you're doing longer races and 12 seconds in unlikely to be enough.
#37 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 5:58:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mesasphere Go to Quoted Post
FRR can indeed be activated in private lobbies, you can even disable some elements for instance DQ if you're doing longer races and 12 seconds in unlikely to be enough.

There you go folks .... you can have any class, any track, with as many laps as you like ( could even do a qualifying session before the actual race)

Bonuses -

You can schedule it for any time

Have racers in it that you know are clean.

Thanks Mesasphere, I knew I seen it in a clip but wasn't 100% certain.
#38 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 10:55:11 AM(UTC)
I guess I'm in the minority when I say I'm glad the game didn't finish with FRR in all of the hoppers. It still feels like it needs a lot of work. For example, going too wide around a turn that loses you time but still gives you a 2 second penalty, or holding your line when someone comes back onto the track at bad angle and getting a collision penalty. Some of the track limits also still need addressing such as the invisible boundary line on Daytona with the guide turned off, some of Dubai, inconsistencies at Rio, some at Long Beach, etc. 12 seconds is too low with how fast some of the penalties add up even with no fault of your own. Just the other night, I was shoved off the track on the second straight at Road America when a bunch of players started losing control, came back onto the track with a 16 second penalty. Adding FRR to all lobbies for the final update would have driven away a lot of players.
 2 users liked this post.
#39 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 12:55:23 PM(UTC)
Imagine having the budget of T10 and not being able to release a decent game and fix it's core problems. I'm so glad I moved on and didn't wait for this game to improve. Also surprised there's only a couple fanboys here to defend this, you would expect more at the official forums, seems like you guys indeed failed.

This game is joke and you guys do not deserve to be called motorsport fans.
 1 user liked this post.
#40 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 2:07:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MakeMeLaugh27 Go to Quoted Post
Imagine having the budget of T10 and not being able to release a decent game and fix it's core problems. I'm so glad I moved on and didn't wait for this game to improve. Also surprised there's only a couple fanboys here to defend this, you would expect more at the official forums, seems like you guys indeed failed.

Your profile name? That's how feel after reading this post. Well done, sir!

Edited by user Thursday, August 8, 2019 2:07:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#41 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 3:30:11 PM(UTC)
It's actually incredible the stark contrast in answers from each team during the community Q+A. Chris from Turn 10 gave these great in-depth answers to each question and genuinely seemed excited to talk about their upcoming project. He seems to enjoy being transparent with the community and it seems like the whole team has found their passion again.

Playground, on the other hand, did not seem like they wanted to be there at all. Their answers were dry and direct. Maybe it was the questions but it really didn't seem like they were interested in talking to the community, which is the vibe I get from their entire game.

I still have faith in Turn 10, Playground not so much, but this next Motorsport entry has to be do or die from them. Fingers crossed.

🇨🇦
 1 user liked this post.
#42 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 11:47:24 PM(UTC)

That's just rude. I too "moved on" to GTS and and I can understand your anger, but let the people decide what they want. It's not your business. Just enjoy whatever you are playing right now and give this forum its peace.

#43 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 2:49:39 AM(UTC)

I was disappointed quite a lot I'll admit - after seeing such commendable efforts in their older FM games. Luckily, I have PCARS2 in my collection as well which I've got to say is hands down the best console sim I've played - and it wins in all three: audio, visuals and particularly *physics*. The tracks are brilliant and the car collection is superb too. I'd pick quality over quantity any day of the week.

#44 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 3:15:46 AM(UTC)
Any chance of patching the Unrivalled achievement to fix the tracker on it please?
 2 users liked this post.
#45 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 3:19:17 AM(UTC)
lol at all the people moaning about FM7 and saying they will never buy FM8 or spend money on Turn 10 products!They will be back on here,or FM8 forums,moaning about FM8 after theyve bought it.
Andy
 2 users liked this post.
#46 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 3:34:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: mynameis66 Go to Quoted Post
lol at all the people moaning about FM7 and saying they will never buy FM8 or spend money on Turn 10 products!They will be back on here,or FM8 forums,moaning about FM8 after theyve bought it.

ikr

"T10 I'm out, you lost a customer, I for sure won't be buying the next FM... Ok, but I will not preorder it.... ok, but not the Ultimate Edition.... ok I preordered the Ultimate Edition and now I wan't my money back. Ok, I know I can't get my money back but now I want to moan around that I won't be buying the next FM. Ok but...."

:D
 2 users liked this post.
#47 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 3:40:57 AM(UTC)
ikr

"T10 I'm out, you lost a customer, I for sure won't be buying the next FM... Ok, but I will not preorder it.... ok, but not the Ultimate Edition.... ok I preordered the Ultimate Edition and now I wan't my money back. Ok, I know I can't get my money back but now I want to moan around that I won't be buying the next FM. Ok but....

Lol.spot on.

Edited by user Friday, August 9, 2019 3:41:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Andy
#48 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 3:52:14 AM(UTC)
I'm so disappointed that i moved to "put a name you prefear" after I spent 1900 hours in FM7 and got no refund nor "get out of jail free" card.
#49 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 4:57:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: mynameis66 Go to Quoted Post

I'm going to assume that wasn't leveled at me as well because I haven't done any moaning, haha! Neither have I said that I will or will not buy it.

But the disappointed is justified, IMO. That's all.
#50 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 6:45:14 AM(UTC)

2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error