This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 3:13:46 PM(UTC)
In a 2+ hour back and forth discussion on Xbox Live (I have everything screenshotted) a player has been accusing me of cheating with a rev limiter glitch. He captured this clip of me with this explanation:

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/imacc...nt **** e/video/77936970

Mirror because this site censors a part of the link: https://streamable.com/rn2aq

Quote:
when you get close to the top of the rev limiter in 3 and 4 th gear you use a glitch to gain speed witch give you a advantage.
See cheater
And you even glitch in 5th gear too

In this clip you see me driving the 2015 Lambo ST with a tune called POS by TX3 Lightning. In this lap I set a clean 1.46.8. I shift at ~9200RPM with just manual shifting.
Now, I personally know that I don't use exploits, have never done so in any game and never will. However this player is genuinely convinced that I did, claims to be an Xbox Steward and will ban etc. etc.

Do any of you guys have experience with what this player is seeing/claiming.

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong part of these forums, I guess I just needed a place to put this.

Edited by user Wednesday, August 7, 2019 3:27:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Trying to fix the GameDVR link

1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 4:02:01 PM(UTC)
I've raced with you in the FRR hopper a few days ago I believe. You are a good clean racer.

All I honestly see in this clip is you shifting like anyone else using manual ... this guy clearly has no clue what he is talking about.

If he sent me that message I wouldn't take him seriously, I'd ask him if he knows how to get rid of the speed witch.

Quote:
when you get close to the top of the rev limiter in 3 and 4 th gear you use a glitch to gain speed witch give you a advantage.
See cheater
And you even glitch in 5th gear too
 2 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 4:13:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: silent0saint Go to Quoted Post

If he sent me that message I wouldn't take him seriously, I'd ask him if he knows how to get rid of the speed witch.

Speed Witch would be a great gamer tag--bet there are dozens of variations of it already taken though.

I also have no idea what that player is talking about, but it's not the first time I've seen someone rant about cheating in a case where they just don't understand (or want to understand) game mechanics. Looks like nice, clean racing!
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 4:14:19 PM(UTC)
Thanks, I remember your Gamertag, you're very quick and clean aswell.

I just got completely overwhelmed by all the accusations he was throwing around, comparison clips of what was and wasn't cheating.

I genuinely felt as if I was missing something, or was out of the loop.
 2 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 7:31:51 PM(UTC)
Some people just can’t stand others being way better than them so they’ll try and come up with any excuse in the book to make them feel better about themselves. It’s really hilarious some of the things you’ll get accused of just because they can’t imagine others are that much better than them. I’ve been accused of cheating, using mods and exploiting many times in both forza and halo wars 2, just laugh at their stupidity and move on is the best course of action.
"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man." The Dude

Notification

Icon
Error