This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Prev
#26 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2019 8:14:59 AM(UTC)
When in No Contact Multiplayer, Rivals or Campaign races I do turn off the braking line for a couple of reasons.

1. to gain experience and better learn the tracks.
2. to gain more points and $$ credits.

But when in normal Multiplayer lobbies with contact, I'll turn the braking line on just to help make sure I'm not reason for the pile up... LOL!!
2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
#27 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2019 5:39:39 AM(UTC)
That is one of the first things I turn off is the racing line completely. It shows a line not necessarily the best line. Most tracks you really should not need any line for anyway. The only track I can think of to use a line is VIR in the rain. Everything is gray. There are no markers (they usually get obliterated on the first lap anyway) and no landmarks to help judge your braking zone. I think during the career you had to do that VIR ribbon in the rain with muscle cars. Good times good times.
If you can find some videos on youtube of real tracks that helps. You can see where the pros lift, break and turn in. Note a lot of them come very close to or exceed track limits. You would dirty your lap taking the exact same line they do. But it is cool to see where pros brake, turn and exit at turn on a real track and compare it with the virtual track.
#28 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2019 8:09:48 AM(UTC)
I wish Forza had the option of GT's traffic cones instead of the driving line. Put a few cones at brake lines and one near the apex. It's so much better.
#29 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2019 9:02:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: theDiReW0lf21 Go to Quoted Post
I wish Forza had the option of GT's traffic cones instead of the driving line. Put a few cones at brake lines and one near the apex. It's so much better.

It's nowhere near better. It's not as accurate as a braking line, doesn't show you the racing line and it takes up more recourse because you have to model the object, it's shadows and reflections.

The only benefit is aesthetics but if that's a problem, just turn off the braking line and the problem is solved.
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error