This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Prev
#26 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2019 10:22:17 AM(UTC)
Thats great and all but it comes up with numbers similar to stock. May be correct for irl, but its not going to make a good tune for forza physics. Its too middle of the road and not at the extreme enough for bump or rebound. Most of my setups have always been around 9-11 rebound and 1-3 for bump.

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
#27 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2019 12:08:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PTG Baby Cow Go to Quoted Post
Thats great and all but it comes up with numbers similar to stock. May be correct for irl, but its not going to make a good tune for forza physics. Its too middle of the road and not at the extreme enough for bump or rebound. Most of my setups have always been around 9-11 rebound and 1-3 for bump.

You're missing the point. The numbers the damping calc put out inside the game would be what you would assume to be critical damping. You would then tune to the % of critical you want. You actually do not want a ton of damping, you also want as little spring as possible too.

http://farnorthracing.com/autocross_secrets19.html
#28 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2019 12:41:44 PM(UTC)
And once again in one of these damping threads. I dont care what rl theories and practices say thats just not as good or fast in forza. Tune to the game, this game is way too far off to be tuning to real life perameters. Min/max or max/min works quite well in forza in most situation and is better than mid tier numbers. Do with that what you will, but with the limited information this game gives you are still using arbitrary numbers to come up with even more arbitrary numbers.

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
#29 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2019 1:11:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PTG Baby Cow Go to Quoted Post
And once again in one of these damping threads. I dont care what rl theories and practices say thats just not as good or fast in forza. Tune to the game, this game is way too far off to be tuning to real life perameters. Min/max or max/min works quite well in forza in most situation and is better than mid tier numbers. Do with that what you will, but with the limited information this game gives you are still using arbitrary numbers to come up with even more arbitrary numbers.

True, there is Pcars or iRacing if I want to get into the gritty details and feel good about a IRL setup.

It's still a fun exercise to compare the real world to Forza IMO.
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error