2 Pages12Prev
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#26 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2019 3:14:28 PM(UTC)
I don't see what the point of quitting the trial is just because you personally are not in front or languishing at the back. Just stick with it. You may well end up gaining points that help the team win. The last trial for the Jeep for me was a good example. We won 3-0. We were a mix of lvl 4,3,2 and 3 lvl 1's. In the first race one of the lvl 1's quit. Why? Because they are not winning? I don't understand that logic. In the 3 races we had at least 2 drivers on the podium. That will win it for you in a team race. The lvl 1's were low down the field but they realised, or perhaps just kept an eye on the team score and plodded through the trial and won themselves a shiny new Jeep.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#27 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2019 3:30:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: jaswright Go to Quoted Post
I don't see what the point of quitting the trial is just because you personally are not in front or languishing at the back. Just stick with it. You may well end up gaining points that help the team win. The last trial for the Jeep for me was a good example. We won 3-0. We were a mix of lvl 4,3,2 and 3 lvl 1's. In the first race one of the lvl 1's quit. Why? Because they are not winning? I don't understand that logic. In the 3 races we had at least 2 drivers on the podium. That will win it for you in a team race. The lvl 1's were low down the field but they realised, or perhaps just kept an eye on the team score and plodded through the trial and won themselves a shiny new Jeep.


On the other hand, if you're always at the back, you're just dragging your team down and making it more difficult to win. In this week's Trial, the only reason I won it was because 4 out of our 6 players quit, so all I had to do was get 1st place to give our team a victory. So I disagree, if you're a liability that's going to cause your entire team to lose, please quit.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#28 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2019 4:01:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EnderOfSubris Go to Quoted Post
I'm not sure how anyone is having difficulty with a B class trial, but my B class Wrangler Rubicon makes over 570hp and I modified the tune a little for this event. It's now more stable at speed and in the top 10 of the Coastal Rush Rivals times. Might be the fastest of the bunch driving Manual w/clutch and no aids.

As I mentioned in the other thread, I see the Lambo LM 002 as the OP car for this Trial unless anyone proves otherwise to me. I put it 3rd on the Coastal Rush Rivals leaderboard, with only 2 x Track-Tors ahead of me. I also set the highest placed time on the Titan leaderboard with an eligible car.

I actually found this one of the hardest trials, my win rate hasn't been much over 50%. Even though I can usually win every race, you can't block the drivatars like you can in the other types of event, and typically most teammates will finish behind every drivatar in the Titan event as they don't bring a car with a high enough top speed. Even in the OP LM 002 I've occasionally had a crazy fast drivatar in a race that simply drives away from me despite me driving close to rivals world record pace.

Edited by user Saturday, July 27, 2019 4:02:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: B-Class Racing License
#29 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2019 6:40:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
As I mentioned in the other thread, I see the Lambo LM 002 as the OP car for this Trial unless anyone proves otherwise to me...I also set the highest placed time on the Titan leaderboard with an eligible car.


Did you miss Rayne SE's post about catching you on that Titan B-class board? Gotcha by approximately 3 seconds in the Ford Raptor '11. I tried to catch up with you, too, still a fair 6 seconds behind, though. For what it's worth, I can almost get you in the Terradyne Gurkha LAPV, but not without it being dirty. That said, the Trial doesn't require a clean race, so the Gurkha could very well prove useful to anyone that has yet to complete it.
"Every train needs a caboose, right?"
Rank: Driver's Permit
#30 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2019 12:40:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VanquishedAgain Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Azenomei Go to Quoted Post
Maybe it would help if i could see what cars can actually enter the trail.... I see three cars available to join. The Ford raptor 2011, the Bronco and the 6x6 merc. Then i enter and what do i see, lots of other cars that could enter.....???? What are the limitations? How can i find this so i can actually pick and tune a car?


I agree it's annoying but it's just b class off-road for this one. Either way the raptor works easily if you tune it.


My b class tuned merc X offroad doesnt work..... So how does this make any sense.......
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#31 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2019 2:19:29 AM(UTC)
Should do - my B tuned X class works fine.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#32 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2019 2:32:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Azenomei Go to Quoted Post
What are the limitations? How can i find this so i can actually pick and tune a car?


It says Offroad and B class. As long as your vehicle is both it can participate.

Rank: Driver's Permit
#33 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2019 8:16:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Should do - my B tuned X class works fine.


Mine didn't even show up on the select car screen. But the 6x6 did and i don't even have that 0_o
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#34 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2019 11:04:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
As I mentioned in the other thread, I see the Lambo LM 002 as the OP car for this Trial unless anyone proves otherwise to me...I also set the highest placed time on the Titan leaderboard with an eligible car.


Did you miss Rayne SE's post about catching you on that Titan B-class board? Gotcha by approximately 3 seconds in the Ford Raptor '11. I tried to catch up with you, too, still a fair 6 seconds behind, though. For what it's worth, I can almost get you in the Terradyne Gurkha LAPV, but not without it being dirty. That said, the Trial doesn't require a clean race, so the Gurkha could very well prove useful to anyone that has yet to complete it.

Thanks, I hadn't spotted Rayne's post. I'd noticed the Raptor '11 seemed better than the '17 based on other people's times but hadn't tried that or the Gurkha when I found out how good the LM 002 was, as I beat all the Raptor '11 times that were already on the leaderboard. I might see if either of them can go 2 secs quicker on Coastal Rush to beat the Track-Tors.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#35 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2019 1:06:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AngryFoal927954 Go to Quoted Post
I’ve logged in here for the first time in years to post about this exact thing. I’m glad to see I’m not the only person getting increasingly frustrated by this. It’s so annoying that I have to rely on other players to win the achievements on each season, I waste hours of my life doing the same trials over and over again praying that I’m going to be matched with players that can actually drive.

I’ve just done this seasons trial around 10 times in a row, I’ve been first in every race but at least 3 of the other players in my team will be the 3 people in last place. Your own teammates roaming into you and stopping you getting past is the worst too. I absolutely hate playground games too, the fact that it has to be done to win all achievements infuriates me.

I agree with most of the people chatting in this topic, if you can’t beat unbeatable CPU’s in general play, stay out of the trial.



Tried another 5 times today, still no luck. Twice I was the only person to score any points in the first 2 races. I even had players with 4 and 5⭐️ Who couldn’t get any points.

Rank: S-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#36 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2019 1:56:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AngryFoal927954 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AngryFoal927954 Go to Quoted Post
I’ve logged in here for the first time in years to post about this exact thing. I’m glad to see I’m not the only person getting increasingly frustrated by this. It’s so annoying that I have to rely on other players to win the achievements on each season, I waste hours of my life doing the same trials over and over again praying that I’m going to be matched with players that can actually drive.

I’ve just done this seasons trial around 10 times in a row, I’ve been first in every race but at least 3 of the other players in my team will be the 3 people in last place. Your own teammates roaming into you and stopping you getting past is the worst too. I absolutely hate playground games too, the fact that it has to be done to win all achievements infuriates me.

I agree with most of the people chatting in this topic, if you can’t beat unbeatable CPU’s in general play, stay out of the trial.



Tried another 5 times today, still no luck. Twice I was the only person to score any points in the first 2 races. I even had players with 4 and 5⭐️ Who couldn’t get any points.



If you are quick enough to win every race, then you have a large pace advantage on the drivatars. Why don’t you slow them down so your less capable teammates can catch up?

Failing that, feel free to ask me to convoy if I’m online. Can’t guarantee I’ll win every race but it’s unlikely I’ll score 0 points.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#37 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2019 11:19:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post

Thanks, I hadn't spotted Rayne's post. I'd noticed the Raptor '11 seemed better than the '17 based on other people's times but hadn't tried that or the Gurkha when I found out how good the LM 002 was, as I beat all the Raptor '11 times that were already on the leaderboard. I might see if either of them can go 2 secs quicker on Coastal Rush to beat the Track-Tors.


Did beat your LM002 time on Coastal Rush by 0.2xx seconds with the Raptor. If my left paddle shifter on the Elite Controller hadn't died currently I would be running manual/w clutch and could shave off more time. I lose so much time during the start at Titan and Coastal Rush with only manual. And I'm too lazy/don't care enough anymore to relearn effective clutch /w button shifting. You should be able to beat my times with a Raptor.
As always: V8 swap, centrifugal supercharger and redlining till the engine blows off ;D
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#38 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2019 3:10:21 AM(UTC)
I got stuck several times with awful team mates. I think the worst one though was we were 1-1 going into Titan, 4 players quit leaving me and 1 other. I was driving '11 Raptor and came 2nd. Giving me 500 points. My team mate was about 4 or 5 seconds of the pace dead last, and had they just quit, I'd have picked up the win. It took me the best part of 6 hours yesterday to actually get a team decent enough. 4 players quit during race 1, and we took 1,2. 1,2 again 2nd race, and championship was in the bag. For me it's been the most difficult so far, especially when most of the team bring knives to a gunfight....
I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#39 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2019 6:14:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post
For what it's worth, I can almost get you in the Terradyne Gurkha LAPV, but not without it being dirty. That said, the Trial doesn't require a clean race, so the Gurkha could very well prove useful to anyone that has yet to complete it.

Thanks, just had a go with the LAPV. Got me to within 0.4 of the #1 Track-Tor for Coastal Rush, but wow that thing is horrible to drive. It took me restart after restart to develop techniques to try to minimise the likelihood of it kicking in an awkward direction in various places. I couldn't recommend it for the Trial as it's likely to miss checkpoints when it kicks you in a random direction. Still, 1.2 secs ahead of Rayne for Coastal Rush now :)
Rank: Racing Permit
#40 Posted : Tuesday, July 30, 2019 10:22:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post

Thanks, I hadn't spotted Rayne's post. I'd noticed the Raptor '11 seemed better than the '17 based on other people's times but hadn't tried that or the Gurkha when I found out how good the LM 002 was, as I beat all the Raptor '11 times that were already on the leaderboard. I might see if either of them can go 2 secs quicker on Coastal Rush to beat the Track-Tors.


Did beat your LM002 time on Coastal Rush by 0.2xx seconds with the Raptor. If my left paddle shifter on the Elite Controller hadn't died currently I would be running manual/w clutch and could shave off more time. I lose so much time during the start at Titan and Coastal Rush with only manual. And I'm too lazy/don't care enough anymore to relearn effective clutch /w button shifting. You should be able to beat my times with a Raptor.
As always: V8 swap, centrifugal supercharger and redlining till the engine blows off ;D


What setup are you using on your elite controller for manual w/ clutch if I may ask? I have default layout 6 with Y as look back (that's a must have for me as I much prefer it than pressing back on right analog), B as clutch, A is handbrake, LB and RB gear down and up. I have the bottom left and right paddles assigned to LB and RB so effectively a paddle shifter.

Rank: S-Class Racing License
#41 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2019 11:29:54 AM(UTC)
Managed a 2.00.3 on Coastal Rush in the Power Wagon which just about beats Rayne’s time but a second off Breeminator’s new best. Interesting to note that at least 6 posters on here are in the top 14 times.

What do people think about creating a “Rivals Challenge” thread? The idea would be each week the winner (say Breeminator this week) chooses one track, class and vehicle category for the following week and we have a little competition to see who can go quickest? Gives a bit more focus to Rivals.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#42 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2019 1:49:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Managed a 2.00.3 on Coastal Rush in the Power Wagon which just about beats Rayne’s time but a second off Breeminator’s new best. Interesting to note that at least 6 posters on here are in the top 14 times.

What do people think about creating a “Rivals Challenge” thread? The idea would be each week the winner (say Breeminator this week) chooses one track, class and vehicle category for the following week and we have a little competition to see who can go quickest? Gives a bit more focus to Rivals.


Not so hasty my friend!

Just tied with world #1 in the Gurkha ;D
Had a time 0.5 seconds faster than #1 but that stupid rng-puddle set my lap on "dirty" for whatever reason.
So, with enough luck by the rng-god on the jumps the Gurkha can set #1 quite easily.

I'm all in for a weekly Rivals challenge but please no Cross-Country anymore. There is nothing I hate more in hotlapping than rng.

@jaswright: my button setup should be "standard" I guess. X downshift, B upshift, A clutch. X & B mapped to the paddles. Now I have to downshift with X again and upshift with the paddle.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#43 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2019 11:07:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
Not so hasty my friend!

Just tied with world #1 in the Gurkha ;D
Had a time 0.5 seconds faster than #1 but that stupid rng-puddle set my lap on "dirty" for whatever reason.
So, with enough luck by the rng-god on the jumps the Gurkha can set #1 quite easily.

I'm all in for a weekly Rivals challenge but please no Cross-Country anymore. There is nothing I hate more in hotlapping than rng.

@jaswright: my button setup should be "standard" I guess. X downshift, B upshift, A clutch. X & B mapped to the paddles. Now I have to downshift with X again and upshift with the paddle.

Well done, I can always rely on you to be able to go that bit faster than I can :-)

For the final jump with the Gurkha, I found going down the very left hand side of it doesn't dirty it. What dirties it is the ground in front of other parts of the ramp have a bump just before the base of the ramp, so the vehicle takes off, hits the ramp hard, the suspension compresses, and the bodywork hits the ramp, which is a collision and dirties the lap.

I've always used both the right hand paddles with the elite controller, I don't have either of the left paddles fitted. So my left hand does braking and steering, and my right hand does throttle and shifting. I felt shifting one way with the left hand was unbalancing the distribution of work.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#44 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2019 3:06:22 AM(UTC)
Very good time that Rayne. Had a few goes at it in the Gurkha last night but couldn’t get a clean run - the last jump either throws me off completely or registers as a collision when the front of the car hits the ground. Best I did was a dirty 1.59.6. I suspect I could do a mid to low 1.59 if I got the luck over the final jump but don’t think I could get into the 1.58s.

I’ll set up a Rivals Challenge thread later and, if you are willing, you can choose an event, car type etc as this weeks winner?
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#45 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2019 5:10:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Very good time that Rayne. Had a few goes at it in the Gurkha last night but couldn’t get a clean run - the last jump either throws me off completely or registers as a collision when the front of the car hits the ground. Best I did was a dirty 1.59.6. I suspect I could do a mid to low 1.59 if I got the luck over the final jump but don’t think I could get into the 1.58s.

I’ll set up a Rivals Challenge thread later and, if you are willing, you can choose an event, car type etc as this weeks winner?


I don't know if HLR Moss is running his weekly Rivals challenges for H4 now since Rivals was added. If he does we could use his one.
Otherwise, sure, start one. I don't know if we'll see much participation though.
As a start I would choose S900 "Super GT" on Bamburgh Circuit.

Edited by user Thursday, August 1, 2019 5:10:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Legend
#46 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2019 4:39:35 PM(UTC)
If people are STILL having troubles with getting the Trial done
Team up with like minded friends in a convoy and do it rather than do it with Randumbs
Rank: Driver's Permit
#47 Posted : Thursday, April 1, 2021 3:57:50 PM(UTC)
I'm still gonna have trash teammates tho...
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error