This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
68 Pages<<6263646566>>PrevNext
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#1576 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2019 5:58:40 PM(UTC)
I just do it to complete the festival playlist. Once I've reached a rank then that's it I'm done until next week. The last adventure I was in was an S1 Scramble ranked team adventure. Some lovely guy in a hotrod kept ramming me, even though he was on my team and we were winning. It's really hard to do clean overtakes.

Edited by user Friday, July 12, 2019 6:00:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
 4 users liked this post.
#1577 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2019 11:40:47 AM(UTC)
So you startet ruining A class races with the Boneshaker.
Ok - at least it´s a hot rod that is close to a real car.

So now you started to ruin B class races too.
This top gear track-tor is the most ridiculus OP thing ever.
even in tarmac only races this thing blasts everything away.
if you´re lucky to build a high speed mid handling car you maybe have a chance, but in 8/10 races this silly thing just blasts away like a rocket.

PLEASE STOP RUINING THE LOWER CLASSES!

Make some rocket cars for S2 or X class i don´t care.
But please let the lower classes alone.
Already it is hard enough to find ppl playing B class and now THIS THING..........

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#1578 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2019 4:51:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DeeperGnu613 Go to Quoted Post


Skill points? You mean that skill points, people are drifting for every race in fh3? I'm ok with skill point's be in the game, but only for additional bonus credits, not for players placement.
Tracks was narrow before in previous games. Fh3 for example has great tracks, the best in the series if you ask me, not only because of great routes, but also because tracks are narrow.
So you need to master that tracks to show any good results and you know what, i really like it, because it's a racing game after all.
I'm not a fan of wide tracks, i think they can be boring and too forgiving. For example tracks in Nice from FH2. One exeption here is high speed classes of cars like S2, they need a wide tracks i agree, but it was a problem even before. I mean i think A is perfect for every onroad circuit, S1 is good for onroad but time after time feels "off", S2 is just for sprints and small amount of onroad curcuits. It's my formula for onroad tracks, offroad is a different state so the formula is different too.
I'm not trying to say multiplayer is perfect. It has it's own problems for sure. One of them is players driving culture, rules that afford nearly everything and ofcourse that stupid awd swaps everywhere, op cars and imbalanced tuning.


I disagree. The old skill points system just needed to be tweaked with more emphasis on winning and clean racing. It serves no purpose whatsoever now besides influence boosting which means nothing to me. Having skill point online adventures gave purpose to not driving like a moron. You race fast & clean you win the championship. Sure occasionally drifters would win but at least they stayed out of your way and didn't bomb you every chance they got. The current online adventure system promotes dirty by all means necessary driving.

I have no problems with H3s tracks. You used asphalt as your examples. I think most of the asphalt tracks in H4 are fine. The dirt and cross country tracks are horrible. I prefer dirt racing and the tracks are simply too narrow for the type of vehicular warfare racing this game has become. I give people room. If they have the line I hold back and follow. This is not how most of the community races. They just try to barrel through the pack and why? Because there is no reason to not drive this way.

So I agree on the driving culture as you stated and IMO it's this way because of the no skill points system. However I'm not saying that the skill points would fix everything because we know some people are just going to race like toxic tryhards regardless but it was more fun to me the way it was in H3. I had an average finishing position of 2nd. I raced to win but I did it clean.
If you could go ahead and take out all the things I loved about Horizon, that would be great.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#1579 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2019 1:12:59 PM(UTC)
Just got within 11 points of level 10 in Team Adventure but then lost 30 points for a defeat - which wouldn’t have happened but for the opposition being a player down at the start and then their worst player quitting after the first race. Really is a joke scoring system in that scenario, especially as they have a level 6 who won all four races. So 41 points away again - or to put it another way, about 6 straight wins. The game certainly knows how to make me work for it!

Edited by user Sunday, July 14, 2019 1:15:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#1580 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2019 7:16:23 PM(UTC)
This is my first post on the forum and the reason I'm here is because the latest patch completely ruined/broke Dirt/Rally for B Class. The new TG Track-Tor is just complete [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]. Like I've never seen such an unbalanced car in the game so far, BY FAR. I've seen this truck completely destroy every race I did in B Class Dirt/Rally by a huge margin. It's to the point the second player can barely finish a sprint against a good TG Track-Tor driver.

I'm really sad the Dev let such untested garbage slip in the game.

Please, fix this stupid Truck... There is no point to win with it and there is no point to race against it...

Out of all the OP cars that breaks it for everyone else in the game so far, this one has the crown...

Edited by user Monday, July 15, 2019 10:49:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's License
 2 users liked this post.
#1581 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 6:31:58 AM(UTC)
Custom routes for online adventure.

Road races seem quite thin and it would be a blast if there was a playlist that includes user-created routes for online adventure.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#1582 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 7:21:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: R3L04D Go to Quoted Post
I just do it to complete the festival playlist. Once I've reached a rank then that's it I'm done until next week. The last adventure I was in was an S1 Scramble ranked team adventure. Some lovely guy in a hotrod kept ramming me, even though he was on my team and we were winning. It's really hard to do clean overtakes.


Had my first experience of a B dirt adventure since the Top Gear expansion yesterday. I’d say this is far more OP than the BS - it’s possible to get somewhere near that if you’ve got another top A class car and a skill advantage. I’ve used a Ford Roadster as my go to B rally car for a while and have won most rally races - probably about 80% (it’s got insane handling and decent acceleration but poor top speed makes it weaker in freeroam). There were 3 Track Tors in the race and I couldn’t get near them. On the Greendale rally circuit, I could hold them for most of a lap until hitting the main straight and they then disappeared. Weren’t even good drivers but the acceleration is ridiculous. Unfortunately, will have to use the Track Tor from now on.

Edit - further to my last post, I (well my teams) won 5 straight events last night so that I have reached level 10 in team racing. I reckon it’s taken me about 2 months to go from level 14 to level 10 (although only a weekend to go from 11 to 10 - 12 to 11 was the real pain). I doubt I’ve got the time or inclination to go higher but if anyone is looking for a reasonably competent driver for a team (racing as an individual in the team adventures being a total lottery as to teammate quality), let me know.

Edited by user Monday, July 15, 2019 7:27:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#1583 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 7:29:23 AM(UTC)
Lol - just realised I quoted the wrong post. Obviously meant to quote the Westman’s post above about the Track Tor.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#1584 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 1:39:52 PM(UTC)
they just killed a whole part of Rivals with that ... thing ... just like BS killed part of S1 dirt and many A class tracks.

Personally I consider using those cars same as using some cheat codes, yes, sure, game allows you to, you can, anyone having the cheat codes can, value of the win depends on who you expect to impress.
Neo open your mind, you are just a drivatar
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#1585 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 1:08:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: gabywwe11 Go to Quoted Post
Forza Horizon 4 is one of the best open-world racing games out there, no doubt about that, BUT I have one problem when it comes to Ranked Online Free for All Adventure: STOP putting me in Cross Coutry events. I don't like off road racing and that's my opinion. Let me choose between street racing and off road racing, don't just slap me into a off road race 7 times in a row, I hate them. The only reason I played them was for the progression that's it nothing more. So do something about it since you like to read our comments


This.Offroad would be fun without freeroam rush and just dirt clean racing or cross country thrugh grass tarmac and dirt but nope.Found F1 2018 better racing game than fh4
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#1586 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 7:16:26 AM(UTC)
Freeroam is still king. People are getting very clever at wrecking you during sanctioned races. Roads too narrow as it is. You cant get away from them. Either run you into a building, a wall or outside the flag.
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
Rank: Driver's Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#1587 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 7:45:02 AM(UTC)
Scoring in Team adventure needs to be set back to how it was before. I am tired of my team losing because people on the other team quit the race. It sucks to be penalized because someone on your team quit but penalizing the other team is not the answer. If someone starts the race then they should count for scoring whether they finish or not. Want your team to win? Quit the race so the other team doesn't receive points even though you essentially finished last. Please revert the scoring to the way it was before it was changed for the worse.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#1588 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 8:23:31 AM(UTC)
Well, hello there

I do not know how many people are concerned about this fact but rankeds in this game are (at least) halfway dead.
Not beacuse lack of players (if we can call about 500 usually active people a lot), also most of them just want to qualify for this sweet, sweet 12% of Horizon Playlist just to not touch it again.

In my humble opinion the biggest problem is pointing system, not only it's highly exploitable but unrewarding to extreme.
Anybody who still plays can realize few things, at first so called "matchmaking" pick everyone possible as it cannot be picky with low numbers of people, and then our example team adventure looks like:
1 green guy per team
2/3 - 18 to 20 and rest is unranked.

Okay, then u play. Somehow u managed to win, carried your fresh team pals and BAM, 0 points for 5 races. But if you lose its absolutely normal to lose 12 to 25.
If you're lucky, you can win 3 to 9 points once per few matches.
The point is, with peak of 5k points its practically IMPOSSIBLE to be there without exploits as you always gonna lose drastically much more than you win, especially that you cannot win every game.
No matter how good you are, especially if you are "clean". You can be the best, and then you gonna finish at your lovely 1st place and watch how opponents, whom are more concerned about winning at any means neccesary gonna scatter your pals around scoreboard and map.

On the other hand, especially clans from high places tend to play with boosters. Usually it looks like this. One, max two highranked players and few 20 rank (0 points) players who play suprisingly well and aggresive, to be sure that their buddys gonna win + usually exit before end. This way, boosted ones gain worthy points while lost team (mostly without spark of chance) gets heavily robbed from points (in my personal experience, up to 150).

Why is this happening?

-System thinks it's easier to win against fewer players, while it's totally otherwise, since you cannot get as many points as 1 person against 6.
-Points for win/lose are calculated from average team score. Okay, it SEEMS cool, but it may work in MOBA or MMO where you have million active people community.
-Since last patch i guess game does not calculate quitters into score. Quitters are problem, but not getting them into score just made everything worse. Players in cooperations, clans especially just quit before end just to let highest position from them, to win easily.

Simple solutions:
-Instead avg point algorithm, lets make base points for win/lose. For example 25 win / -10 lose. This way we gives chance to climb and still require effort, since still you need 5k to grandmaster.
There could be bonus for few wins in row like additional 10 to base 25. At now, you can easily get -20 for win at FFA, seems fair.
-On the other hand it would be perfectly wise to lower max point, since it's very rare for an individual to play rank with such obsession to even try get this far with this system.
Thats why GRANDMASTER rank basically belongs to one clan which is known for boosting. Anyone who even barely plays knows it perfectly.
Max points and lvl is up to discussion, but IMO healthy level would be around 3,5k max. In proposed method it's still 140 WON games.
-Make every player worth % of point pool instead flat 100. In this way, on uneven teams chances won't hit the sky when there are more drivers on other team.

Minor problems & solutions.
-Help lower trolling. I know it's game about tunes and trying outs, but if someone joins with 801 car into S1, we cannot think about it as reasonable. Requirements should be more precise, like (max of class - 20), so it can still let "fun" people try out considerable builds while disabling total trolls.
-Finally balance only proper meta cars of A800. Anyone targeting for a win knows, A800 is basically 99% boneshaker and dudes with +3 secs. Just on second place there is Daytona. The problem seems to be 6.2l v8 which I believe is also BoneShaker stock engine. It has not enough points for it's acceleration, making most A class without chance. Yeye, until some real PRO is behind wheel, I know skill shall be concerned, but Bone is reliable, easy win out of box. This car and daytona with swap shouldn't belong in A800. AR TZ2 seems to be on borderline but it's much less of a problem.
-Same goes for Daytona and Track-Tor on B class.

Whoever read this far, thank you and have a nice day and always wide road ahead.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#1589 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 12:20:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
they just killed a whole part of Rivals with that ... thing ... just like BS killed part of S1 dirt and many A class tracks.

Personally I consider using those cars same as using some cheat codes, yes, sure, game allows you to, you can, anyone having the cheat codes can, value of the win depends on who you expect to impress.


What I want to know is how do people get this thing to turn? I've tried everything I can think of. It has nice acceleration but I won't use anything that is all power and no handling. I see it all over the tops of the leaderboards in C and B class but it doesn't work for me.
If you could go ahead and take out all the things I loved about Horizon, that would be great.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#1590 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 8:08:14 PM(UTC)
how about setting a new rank bonus based on car damage in online adventure, like 3rd with 10% damage can outnumber 1st with 40%
Rank: Driver's Permit
#1591 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2019 3:00:08 AM(UTC)
Sooo, you wanna turn adventures into destruction derby, add new calculation system and get smashed by others on start to get forced 100% damage?
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#1592 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2019 1:43:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xPREEMOx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
they just killed a whole part of Rivals with that ... thing ... just like BS killed part of S1 dirt and many A class tracks.

Personally I consider using those cars same as using some cheat codes, yes, sure, game allows you to, you can, anyone having the cheat codes can, value of the win depends on who you expect to impress.


What I want to know is how do people get this thing to turn? I've tried everything I can think of. It has nice acceleration but I won't use anything that is all power and no handling. I see it all over the tops of the leaderboards in C and B class but it doesn't work for me.


make those turn is 1/ Tune 2/anticipate turns. takes a few miles/kms to get it but after ... In fact you are raising the point here, in FH3 BS was extremely difficult to have it turning. Eased physics or else, on FH4, it turns and the result we all know.

Neo open your mind, you are just a drivatar
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#1593 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2019 2:00:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MichaelChan962 Go to Quoted Post
how about setting a new rank bonus based on car damage in online adventure, like 3rd with 10% damage can outnumber 1st with 40%


FH4 is based on being the first at the finish line is winning. it is good for make it like real life and keep it simple for low minded but it is promoting garbage playing. Promoting clean racing was what was done in FH3. FH3 solution ( skill chain ) needed improvement, not to be removed.

For some few weeks before update 11, any collision to wall was slowing down the player and racing became kind of cleaner. By easing the collision penalty system on update 11, they decided to promote the fact that someone taking walls and hitting others is possibly better at FH than someone playing hitting nothing and noone. That is the decision they took being perfectly aware of the consequences.

Therefore I would say, you are welcome to protest, propose evolution, I disagree too with the direction taken, but now I am very pessimistic those guys will come back to any kind of promoting fair play .

They seem convinced they will get more players online allowing garbage players to enjoy there while, up to me, it is the main reason people avoid to go there and prefer to stay on offline ( <1.5% of players are qualified for team ranked ... )

I would have prefer two difficulty mode based on user setting, assistance-difficulty <100% you play NFS/mariokart mode // >100% assistance-difficulty, any collision, you pay the price. Choose your mode and enjoy.
Neo open your mind, you are just a drivatar
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#1594 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2019 2:51:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post

I would have prefer two difficulty mode based on user setting, assistance-difficulty <100% you play NFS/mariokart mode // >100% assistance-difficulty, any collision, you pay the price. Choose your mode and enjoy.


Excuse me, but there is entire another game for clean racing fanatics. And it's called MOTORSPORT, this one arcade and shall be left arcade.
Imo much bigger problem lies within point system, it's just impossible to rank grandmaster without helpfull exploiters or God intervention.
Most of players into car games prefer to pwn AI instead to risk nerves PvP, it's okay. But let those competetive players rank up within system instead getting continuous +0/-6 to -20 points after certain rank.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#1595 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2019 2:40:08 PM(UTC)
Please playground games for the love of GOD SEVERELY LOWER THE DIRT/CROSS COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIP RATE!!!!

Literally 9/10 adventures I play are those two offroad series and they all feature the dreaded freeroam rush which severely limits my ability to actually climb the rankings legitimately since it's 100% luck based and it's extremely annoying to play an offroad series for half an hour and only get 5 points from it.

Easy fix is to make regular road racing 70% of the time, 20% dirt and 10% cross country, removing freeroam rush from the dirt series and only keeping it for cross country, which sort of makes sense

Edit: I've played 4 free for all adventures tonight so far, S class dirt, A class cross country, B dirt then THE EXACT SAME B CLASS DIRT SERIES AGAIN! - this is beyond a joke now

Edited by user Sunday, July 21, 2019 3:28:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's License
#1596 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2019 9:13:20 PM(UTC)
The reason why there are more dirt/cross country in team adventure is to balance road racing being FLOODED in custom adventure compared to other types
Rank: Driver's License
#1597 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2019 9:20:45 PM(UTC)
Also people haven’t yet understood that fh4 is an ARCADE game. I know the ramming and wall riding sucks but it cannot be completely avoided because of the simple nature of the game. So far they’ve provided as many comprehensive fixes as possible and we should all be grateful the immense string of content added since launch. My advice is that all clean racing fanatics should switch to Motorsport/F1 racing/Gran Turismo; you’ll have much more fun with that there.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#1598 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2019 9:21:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jjahouan Go to Quoted Post
Also people haven’t yet understood that fh4 is an ARCADE game. I know the ramming and wall riding sucks but it cannot be completely avoided because of the simple nature of the game. So far they’ve provided as many comprehensive fixes as possible and we should all be grateful the immense string of content added since launch. My advice is that all clean racing fanatics should switch to Motorsport/F1 racing/Gran Turismo; you’ll have much more fun with that there.


Shocking another person saying that people who prefer clean racing should play Motorsport or another game. Not sure if you were born yesterday or the day before but a lot of people race like idiots in all racing games. Check out Super GT on youtube to see how people race in Motorsport. It's not pretty. And while we are at it in all actuality if we want to be 100% realistic a lot of people play like idiots in all games. If there is a dirty tactic to use, overpowered weapon(car), camping, being a loud mouth clown in game chat or whatever other way there is to be an idiot a lot of people are going to do it. This is online gaming in a nutshell. Granted some players are younger so they don't know any better but a large portion of gamers enjoy causing as much toxicity as possible. They thrive on it. They froth at the mouth just knowing that they can ruin someone elses experience. So spare me with the H4 is an ARCADE game comment as if that makes it perfectly fine to be a trash human being using trash tactics to win. Nice try though.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 23, 2019 9:33:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

If you could go ahead and take out all the things I loved about Horizon, that would be great.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#1599 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2019 11:19:16 AM(UTC)
Jjahouan if in the Custom Adventure majority of the players choose Road Racing, what does that means to you? I tell you: Most of the players prefer Road Racing. And the game force us to play Cross Country and Free Roam. Why? Unfortunately no one answers this question. The game has some bugs from the beginning.
First of all, the points for win/loss are totally random. There is nowhere to find how the calculations are made. Playing in team adventure 1 vs 6 is 90% win. Is pure math. Even a pre-school boy realizes that, but the creators of this game don't understand.
Second thing: Why there is no list with the banned players? I want to see that players that quit from a ranked game are banned. I can only hope that. Every team adventure game starts 6 vs 6 and in second round is max 4 vs 6.
Third and the last thing: If there is a ban system, please increase the ban period. 1 quit - 1 hour ban. 2nd quit - 4 hours ban. 3rd quit - 1 day ban. If you quit again in the next 7 days you get 7 days ban.
If such a system is implemented then all normal players will enjoy the game and will have fun.

For now the game is full of destruction derby players.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#1600 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2019 4:03:26 PM(UTC)
And here we are, in meanless discussion where "clean racers" try to force others to their style in arcade game. While boosters on team adventure gain real cash, as I really doubt if same dudes help so many others with exploiting system for charity. Same nicks, one or few 20 tiers and one 5 tier or less. Highly skilled, both in driving and pushing others out. The other team lose horrible ammount of points (-20 to -80), since matchmaking thinks you lose against absolutely unskilled persons, while their high ranked pal still gets reasonable part for being counted as newbie . Not like anybody would do a thing about this :)
68 Pages<<6263646566>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error