This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
20 Pages<<181920Prev
 2 users liked this post.
#476 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 6:40:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tigerus2 Go to Quoted Post
i wished to race against my best lap in current session instead of random people :/

You can if you choose yourself as the rival.
 1 user liked this post.
#477 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 9:07:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tigerus2 Go to Quoted Post
i wished to race against my best lap in current session instead of random people :/

As Moss said you can.

Go to the track you want to do in rivals, go to the class and press "A." Give it a second and on the right hand side of the screen it should show your next rival and an option under that to use the "Y button" to change rival. Press "Y." This will take you to the overall leaderboard. Press "X" one time and it will take you to your best time. Now press "A" on your name and pick your car. You will be racing your ghost now.
If you could go ahead and take out all the things I loved about Horizon, that would be great.
 1 user liked this post.
#478 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 9:14:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post

My C-class and B-class Track-Tor's are set up:

AWD-swap
front camber: -2.3
rear camber: -1.6
rear toe: -0.1
caster: 6.5
ARBs: 1/65 front/rear
spring stiffness: front minimum/rear maximum
ride height: minimum
For dampers I set front rebound to the minimum and adjusted the other three values accordingly (don't remember the precise values).
brake power distribution: 80% to the rear
race diff: front 15/0, rear 35/17, 90% of the power to the rear

In short: go as oversteery as possible. Due to the insane width and caliber of the rear wheels in comparison to the front wheels the Track-Tor will never oversteer.
Gearbox tuning is kind of tricky with this one because the graph in the tuning menu doesn't align to the high drag value. Meaning: You have to adjust the gears way shorter than normally if you want to make use of all 6. With the stock engine (C-class) 6 aren't necessary imho due to the power band. With the racing V8 on B-class I would use all 6 because the engine works best near the redline.

Thank you. I appreciate the help. I'm an average tuner at best and have like a basic setup I do on each car. I'll tweak it from there but after maybe 5 times of tweaking it and it still feels unresponsive I usually give up on it and go back to racing something else. I have no patience and get easily annoyed ๐Ÿ˜‚

I still hate that this thing is clogging up the leaderboards. Thanks PG!
If you could go ahead and take out all the things I loved about Horizon, that would be great.
 3 users liked this post.
#479 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 4:04:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xPREEMOx Go to Quoted Post
So...I started doing Rivals dirt on Lego because it's actually well mostly dirt on dirt tracks! Amazing right??? Any way I noticed a stupid glitch that had me questioning my sanity. I went to a dirt track (Area 7052 Trail) because a friend of mine beat my time. I didn't join off "My Rivals" but off the regular rivals setup. I do this because I like to race my ghost instead of the person ahead of me. I click on the track and there is no option to press Y to change my Rival. It's just a blank as if I've never done it before. I do the track saying in my head I know I just chased Squryl around this thing the other night and sure enough when I complete it and go back to see what my time was I already did it and was faster in another car. So be on the lookout for this.

Also I am as ticked off as most with the Track-tor running the show in lower classes but I can't for the life of me get it to turn. Anyone have some info on this? I'd rather not use it but since it's clogging up the leaderboards and friends have beat me in it by ridiculous amounts of seconds I feel I have no choice if I want to pass them.

Yeah, this blank bug happens to me constantly.

Long answer: Iโ€™m pretty sure itโ€™s because when I jump into Rivals from an event starting point, I begin to tab/toggle on across the different class banners right away before any display data can finish loading which seems to then prompt whatever Iโ€™m landing on to load as blank. Sometimes switching back and forth between class banners (but allowing the display data to load before moving on) will correct the issue, but more often than not I have to back out of Rivals entirely and re-enter slowly, allowing the initial display data to load first before jumping to whatever class Iโ€™m headed to and minding to allow all data to load first wherever and whenever I land, if applicable.

Short answer: When maneuvering through the Rivals UI, allow any display data to load first before moving on.

Additionally, Iโ€™ve been experiencing a bug (?) where the Rivals time to beat/difference displayed in the game email isnโ€™t syncing correctly with the actual updated, real-time Rival time to beat/difference shown in an events Rivals UI, and the mismatch continues on well after both players racing has ceased with no Rivals data update pending. Closer investigation is necessary.

Regarding the tractor trash ruining the leaderboards, yeah, Iโ€™m pretty salty about it, too. I donโ€™t understand how or why the devs allowed this to happen, never mind the approximately 6+ months of prior player bellyaching over the Boneshaker and HooniFord being overpowered leading up to this tractor strategy decision. I was really looking forward to all those little Brit convertibles getting some exposure and love, as well as returning familiar old friends, like the Sunbeam Talbot, Ford Coupes, and the tiny Lotus. But why should anyone bother when the worst John Deere time is at a minimum 5+ seconds ahead of everything else in a particular class. All the magic, charm, and legitimacy the leaderboards has to offer has already been murdered, bludgeoned to death with a giant, spiked baseball bat. And if there was ever even a shred of a chance to see B-class (or even up to C-class) fully restored to online adventures, John Deere has now signed off on their death certificates because when or if B/C ever begins in an adventure rotation, it will ultimately be an all-tractor affair because there will always be at least one or two yahoos that will go with that farm trash and anyone else with even just an ounce of integrity, choosing to select non-farm trash vehicles to race, will just bail out right away once they see the Yahoos preparing to till some crops. Anyone else choosing to hang in there will almost surely bail mid-race once itโ€™s clear that they have little to no chance at even achieving 100% completion of the race, never mind being competitive or finishing on the podium.

So now, ...all those cars that have spent close to a year collecting dust in game garages with little to no purpose in the game at all up to this point and finally facing potentially being tuned and/or raced (and dare I say actually USED),
and many of which are of U.K. origin and/or are making their Forza debut, have now been rendered largely useless. Why bother negotiating for and acquiring the licensing for these cars? Why spend man hours creating the graphic assets, recreating each vehicle to the Nth degree? Why include all that work effort during game development, bringing all these cars to life and IN to the game, only to have the addition of some lame gimmick essentially take all said cars right back out of the game? All for ...a tractor??

So much of this game has now been totally ruined, and is without any reasonable chance of being salvaged; it really kind of ticks me off.

Oh, and sorry/not sorry for the wall of text, Dโ€™oreo. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ
 5 users liked this post.
#480 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 3:31:44 AM(UTC)
I agree completely with the Track Tor issue, but unfortunately it is not the only one.

Take a look at the D class Dirt Track, Gauntlet, where the #1 Peel Trident is 40 seconds ahead of the #2 running a Track Tor. I appreciate that a track of that length magnifies the problem, but it is a joke. Both vehicles should be adjusted to balance their performance.

I personally refuse to use them.
#481 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 5:47:23 AM(UTC)
Had the surprise with the winter season to have the preview of rivals with snow. quite a deception when I started the event and got back to summer. This suggesting to me that having each week a switch of season could be a very good thing.
Winter could possibly be a way to get rid of some of the misclassed vehicles.
#482 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 12:45:16 PM(UTC)
Been running some D class rivals on Fortune Island, and can share this one:

Road Racing - Island Lowland Uper Sprint 3.4mi
D Class #1 Peel Trident 2.5 seconds faster than #2 Peel Trident - 11.8 faster than #3 Porsche 550

There's about 4 seconds between #3 and myself in #5
#483 Posted : Sunday, July 21, 2019 3:06:27 PM(UTC)
I now FULLY & COMPLETELY understand why a lot of people hate Cross Country and Dirt Championships coming up too frequently in Online Adventure. Rivals has shown me why. Some of these tracks are so horrible I can't believe they got the go ahead. Not to mention an anthill on the side of an all asphalt track being enough to deem that track as dirt seems fairly common. Ugh!!!!!!!!!

Edit. I nearly forgot to include something else that is totally unacceptable in Rivals. Having a man made ramp on a straight away flag your lap time when you just drive over it. For crying out loud! Stupid Stupid Stupid!!!!!!!!

Edited by user Sunday, July 21, 2019 3:11:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#484 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2019 12:36:40 PM(UTC)
Time for some thoughts about how Rivals could be improved, hopefully one of the forum team spot this update and forward it up the chain.

At the end of each run, a button to see where you sit on the leaderboard
After the credits/ rivals bonus and accepting the next challenge, the next screen should allow us to select a different vehicle rather than jumping out and back in
Street Races - can we have traffic removed. Came across 2 cars sat in the middle of a junction when I was about to turn left

Anyway having fun staying away from the Trac Tor in the lower classes (although is annoying to see them 20 seconds ahead on a 3 mile route)
 1 user liked this post.
#485 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2019 4:13:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hansonalanrob Go to Quoted Post
Time for some thoughts about how Rivals could be improved, hopefully one of the forum team spot this update and forward it up the chain.

After the credits/ rivals bonus and accepting the next challenge, the next screen should allow us to select a different vehicle rather than jumping out and back in
Street Races - can we have traffic removed. Came across 2 cars sat in the middle of a junction when I was about to turn left

Anyway having fun staying away from the Trac Tor in the lower classes (although is annoying to see them 20 seconds ahead on a 3 mile route)

First 2 points yes I love these. Maybe RB button for the leaderboard like when you do a drift zone or whatever. About street races though that's part of the skill of the race. I know it's annoying when you hit traffic that you have zero reaction time to pass. Restart and try again.

#486 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2019 4:47:43 PM(UTC)

The same complaints have been raised since pretty much day 1, with zero changes to the functionality in all that time.
 1 user liked this post.
#487 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2019 4:48:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: jaswright Go to Quoted Post

First 2 points yes I love these. Maybe RB button for the leaderboard like when you do a drift zone or whatever. About street races though that's part of the skill of the race. I know it's annoying when you hit traffic that you have zero reaction time to pass. Restart and try again.

He's right; not only is it the skill part of the race, dodging the traffic is the whole point! Otherwise, it's just another road race but with red flares. Pretty, but I prefer H3's blue flares myself.

Edited by user Friday, July 26, 2019 4:48:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#488 Posted : Thursday, August 1, 2019 5:16:46 AM(UTC)
PGG Live Stream: "Boneshaker is overrated"

Meanwhile when I doing Cross Country rivals:
Cross Country

Not to mention this thing just never flips whatsoever

Edited by user Thursday, August 1, 2019 5:25:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

i5-6600K@4.78GHz
GTX 1080@2100MHz core/10786MHz
2X8GB Hyper X DDR4@2545MHz 15-16-16-30-401-1T
Mobo: Z170-D3H(F4 BIOS,F5 BadOC)

#489 Posted : Friday, August 2, 2019 10:19:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TDU1PlatinumMod Go to Quoted Post
PGG Live Stream: "Boneshaker is overrated"

Meanwhile when I doing Cross Country rivals:
Cross Country

Not to mention this thing just never flips whatsoever

1) Well done! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
2) Perhaps 'rate/rated' is a synonym for 'power/powered' in the UK? ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜• Yeah, guess not. ๐Ÿ˜”
#490 Posted : Thursday, November 21, 2019 8:39:58 AM(UTC)
reviving this thread, after so many months, finally, the obvious thing of Tracktor and BS got some response. Yes peel is not considered, not all classes are considered, but given the time it took for some PG member to just take a tracktor and see it by himself, I guess we are lucky to have such change before scarlett ...
B class cleared of TTor and A class clean of BS is already quite a game changer.

20 Pages<<181920Prev

Notification

Icon
Error