This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Next
 3 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 2:04:23 PM(UTC)
Why don't the convoys ever work on this game? My friends and I try and try to run races together and we get the same darn troubles every day. We can't run any of these seasonal events, regular events or our custom maps. I'll launch the race and I'll get an error message saying event failed to start. Yet half the convoys go through. Or when we try our blueprints half the convoy get the blueprint, the other half get the regular race for 1 lap. We've been trying to run this Ambleside seasonal event for the last 45 minutes and I must admit I'm sick of this **** .
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 2:36:56 PM(UTC)
Same here, I've been able to join my friends and do championships since day one, now it's almost impossible from the last update. Is it possible to do an update without breaking the game every time? C'mon boys....
#3 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2019 6:27:11 AM(UTC)
It's not just since the last update, it has always been extremely hit and miss. I don't even try to race with a friend unless I have a couple of hours to spare, as that is how long it typically takes for it to work.
#4 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2019 10:02:57 AM(UTC)
same here. And yea, it has always been extremely hit and miss, still... at least it was working until latest patches... now I can't play at all. AT ALL. It's almost a week that i can't play with my friends because of these problems... it's inacceptable
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2019 8:58:29 AM(UTC)
Me and my friend recently tried to win some of the autumn playlist championship to win some cars but it won't start in coop mode. After selecting coop and my convoy setting it just pops up the 3 races on the map and after picking a car it says "couldn't create a race" or something similar. Can this problem be caused of low level of my friend or something related to progress?
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2019 11:06:38 AM(UTC)
Same problem since last update.
Convoi races not work over a week.
Please fix this
 2 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2019 2:00:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MRNSTY Go to Quoted Post
Why don't the convoys ever work on this game?

Your Rubber Duck is missing.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
#8 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 9:21:34 AM(UTC)
Why don't the convoys ever work on this game? My friends and I try and try to run races together and we get the same darn troubles every day. We can't run any of these seasonal events, regular events or our custom maps. I'll launch the race and I'll get an error message saying event failed to start. Yet half the convoys go through. Or when we try our blueprints half the convoy get the blueprint, the other half get the regular race for 1 lap. We've been trying to run this Ambleside seasonal event for the last 45 minutes and I must admit I'm sick of this **** .

When come the fix for these problems?
Over 2 weeks no convoi races works.
No answer from a mod, nothing.
Its a shame.
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 12:23:58 PM(UTC)
Submit a ticket. The chances of someone seeing this here and fixing it are low. There is somewhere on this forum that you are supposed to post things like this i think.
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 12:30:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Fafibo Go to Quoted Post

Its a shame.

Official Response on the Support page regarding the error when trying to launch events in convoy:

https://support.forzamot...-Failed-to-Start-Error-

You need to immediately re-launch the event as the leader once the error pops up. If you or convoy don't get the actual event alert pop-up on their screen they need to go to the map and search the event manually to enter the event.
User is suspended until 12/29/2046 3:18:28 AM(UTC)
#11 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 2:18:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jadigafer7 Go to Quoted Post

Its a shame.

Official Response on the Support page regarding the error when trying to launch events in convoy:

You need to immediately re-launch the event as the leader once the error pops up. If you or convoy don't get the actual event alert pop-up on their screen they need to go to the map and search the event manually to enter the event.

When i do this, my speedo and mini map disappears, and nothing works, car just sits there, onluy option is to ALT+F4.
DISCLAIMER: i have Asperger's Syndrome, if you are offended by anything i write, I am sorry, Thank you :-)
#12 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 8:13:25 AM(UTC)
I am having the problem and its gettin to the point where i cant be assed play it any more
#13 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 8:15:12 AM(UTC)
I am having the same problem not lettin me do a race in my convoy
 2 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 10:06:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jadigafer7 Go to Quoted Post

Its a shame.

To bad this doesn’t work. And it’s not just me. Most of the people in my club are having this issue. They want you to submit tickets but tickets don’t get answered and on the off chance they do (3-4 weeks later) they copy and past the same info from the website and email it to you and tell you if there are anymore issues to respond to the email. Been a month and still haven’t responded to my email. This game has become a freakin joke. I spent $100. I and many of the people in my club feel the same way. We won’t be buying anymore of the forza games as their support is a joke and every update breaks the game worse and worse. I’m sure they will delete what I say here but it’s all the truth. You got my money for every forza and horizon up until now. Never again. I paid for a working game. Not a SOMETIMES works game.
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 1:11:00 PM(UTC)
When will the problems finally be resolved?
Other games have a hotfix for such issues and you have to wait for weeks.
There is also never feedback on tickets or posts.
Really bad customer service!
By the way, you can cut the workaround into the barrel, it will not help.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 17, 2019 1:23:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#16 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 5:14:28 AM(UTC)
Copy pasting my answer from another thread:

They are aware of the issue. A workaround that me and my friends are doing is, when setting up the event, open it up to everyone. When the leader inevitably gets kicked, they can rejoin by opening up the session events menu once the event pops up (usually mapped to left bumper). From there on the event will continue as if the leader was never kicked. Sometimes the leader won't see any of the visual indications that they are in the group (Waiting for players, allocating servers, launching event, etc) but they will always be pulled in.

DO NOT start another event by driving up to the same race (or any other race) and trying to rejoin that way. Creating a second event while the other still exists will bug out your game and can only be solved with a reset. DO NOT tell your friends to leave the event to try and start a new one. Events stay until the leader cancels them, and since the leader got kicked, the event persists, again leaving you vulnerable to the bug.
#17 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 9:23:56 AM(UTC)
My club and I have managed to get the races to somewhat work. As convoy leader I start the event. Message comes up "event failed to start". The convoy has to ignore the 1st invite. Immediately I launch the event again open to the public. Then I give the OK for the convoy to accept. The public countdown to launch event seems to force the game to launch. We had pretty good success. But we still had a couple times where half the convoy would get the custom blueprint track, and the other half would get the normal track. Once it even split the convoy in half and launched two races at once.
#18 Posted : Friday, July 19, 2019 2:03:06 PM(UTC)
try checking the map. it should be listed there. the leader can join their own event from there and rechoose their car. everyone else should get an invite as normal

kind of a hacky workaround, i know, but it works. not sure why in a live service as fh4 that it is not fixed 2 weeks on.

another -1 for PG's anti-crunch mentality. nothing is a priority. thx guys :|

Edited by user Friday, July 19, 2019 2:04:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#19 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2019 3:48:46 AM(UTC)
Yep can get an in-between update to add Chinese language characters but not to fix an introduced bug.
Every time these things happen message should be sent to in game message centre with the workaround.
Discord is an absolute joke like watching the mixer chat in a e3 launch.

Edited by user Saturday, July 20, 2019 3:51:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FORZA TIER 8 10524 Driving since August 2017
looking for mature ongoing players with mic to join team #AOS
facebook.com/vanninman twitter.com/vanninman1 twitch.tv/vanninman

#20 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2019 1:29:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Natedoggsk8 Go to Quoted Post
Submit a ticket. The chances of someone seeing this here and fixing it are low. There is somewhere on this forum that you are supposed to post things like this i think.

Submitting a ticket seems like it is just as pointless as making a post here. No reply for days or weeks, they even stopped with the silly copy/paste replies.
Face it, now that there is no more money to be made, no one gives a hoot about bugs.
DISCLAIMER: i have Asperger's Syndrome, if you are offended by anything i write, I am sorry, Thank you :-)
#21 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2019 2:44:03 AM(UTC)
We're looking into it at the moment but currently there is a work around. You go to search the event, it will fail etc, and put you back into freeroam, straight away you'll see the event prompt above the minimap, press it (think its LB) and you should be able to see and join your own event (the one which originally 'failed). This will put you in the event and hopefully fix the issue.
I know its an inconvenience but we are looking into this to hopefully get it fixed but for now that should help.

I've also been made aware that sometimes this workaround doesn't work for everyone. The team is investigating the matter further currently.
RetroKrystal | Community Liaison for Playground Games | @_RetroKrystal | Mixer: RetroKrystal
#22 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2019 7:37:25 AM(UTC)
I hope you'll fix this asap... I couldn't play forza with my friend from a couple of weeks... and i'll not play forza anymore until this will be fixed, 'cause we bought it together and we want play together
#23 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2019 9:19:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post
We're looking into it at the moment

FINALLY!

but currently there is a work around. You go to search the event, it will fail etc, and put you back into freeroam, straight away you'll see the event prompt above the minimap, press it (think its LB) and you should be able to see and join your own event (the one which originally 'failed). This will put you in the event and hopefully fix the issue.

It doesn't, it crashes my game.

I know its an inconvenience

Not really, what IS an inconvenience, is the amount of times you guys dump updates on us, that seem to be untested, and usually brake more than they fix, then ignore the players for a week or two, either by refering to 'submit a support ticket' or by ignoring us completely.

but we are looking into this to hopefully get it fixed

Hopefully get it fixed? HOPEFULLY?!?! So there is no guarantee that this will get fixed?

I've also been made aware that sometimes this workaround doesn't work for everyone.

4 out 5 players ive spoken too, claims that it either crashes their game, or makes the car just sit there, unable to steer, or drive, and they have to use ALT+F4 to kill the game.

Why does it take weeks to get any form of reply, and what seems to be a rather huge bug?

Not long ago there was a thread about more communication between players and staff/dev/support, and since then it seems to me to have gotten worse, waaay worse. Maybe its just me, idk, but i see that my support tickets go unanswered for weeks and months, checking now, i have well documented tickets, that are as old as 2-3 months, and not 1 single reply.
it's kinda sad really
#24 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2019 11:16:19 AM(UTC)
So.... are there news about convoy problem or... still broken?
#25 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2019 7:42:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: s9yk3r Go to Quoted Post
So.... are there news about convoy problem or... still broken?

Given the normal response time, i would be suprised if this is fixed in 2019.
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error