This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
5 Pages12345PrevNext
 3 users liked this post.
#51 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2019 4:42:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ACR HardVibes Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Sendo Tenshi Go to Quoted Post
Although the news is to be expected, its quite amazing they never addressed issues that were reported since release day. The visual glitches on cars that many have posted about still exist. The laughable hole in cockpit view, where you see the road like the Flintstones, still exists in some cars. When you are upgrading your car, if you move the camera around the top, it gets stuck in the ceiling., etc.

I really hope for FM8, that the Quality of Life issues ends completely and the QC team gets an upgrade themselves.

My number 1 concern has always been (since end of september 2017) the unresponsive car selection and black screens caused in lobbies by the useless 3d background.
And let's not forget the 3-4 seconds you have to change car and setup!! But the funny thing is that in the beta FRR hopper you get a countdown of TWO MINUTES. And for what? You can't change car or setup.

Right?!?!? The hell do we need 2 mins to start a race where we can't change any thing, but we get less time in a lobby where we can? Waiting for more people? That's never even been an issue so I don't see a reason to even have that, at least make the other lobbies have a 2 min wait timer as well and everyone would appreciate that. It's like they don't even play their own game. . .
 3 users liked this post.
#52 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 11:47:20 PM(UTC)
There's no way this game deserves end of support in August. There's just way too many glaring issues which they've paid no attention to whatsoever, despite people creating endless tickets and discussing them to death in multiple threads.
 2 users liked this post.
#53 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 4:04:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: opencamswrx Go to Quoted Post
There's no way this game deserves end of support in August. There's just way too many glaring issues which they've paid no attention to whatsoever, despite people creating endless tickets and discussing them to death in multiple threads.

Agreed. At the very least they should just finish up the remainder of this year I mean it's only 4 months left basically. Wouldn't hurt to change it up and instead of making back to back updates on FRR they should touch up the game some more while releasing some more spotlight cars since there was a leak of nearly a dozen cars they had on FM7 that have not made it to us.
 1 user liked this post.
#54 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 10:49:01 PM(UTC)
^^ All valid points.

Many things still broken in the game that need to be looked at:

* No shift animations on many cars
* Sound made hollow on a number of cars when it shouldn't be (they don't sound hollow in real life - Audi R8 v10 plus, P1 GTR, Mustant RTR Spec 5, FXX-K and LaF, and many others)
* Poor lighting/colour calibration in both HDR and SDR (bright white brake lights and colorless exhaust flames in overcast conditions, really? This is now a thing apparently)
* Quiet and weak-sounding cars but a really loud and bass-heavy track environment/ambience
* Proper sounds for respective cars instead of copying/pasting (I believe their database is still incomplete as evidenced by multiple posts where PC users have revealed partially complete sound files)
* Lag in pre-race car, track and driver gear selection menus
* Lack of any real drafting effects (it was fine in older FM games)

There's just too many to list here. If they ignore all this feedback, then I guess FM8 will be just as incomplete and buggy. I honestly think the last good, complete and well-polished games they made were FM5 and 6.
 3 users liked this post.
#55 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 2:07:05 AM(UTC)
The unfortunate reality is they need to move on. They can't keep supporting a dead game, constantly playing catch up because it was fundamentally flawed and broken at launch. There comes a time where you have to cut your losses and hit the reset button, look at where you went wrong, examine your errors and try to fix and improve on them.

The post game support of Forza Motorsport 7 was fantastic. It's had double the support of any other title, it changed how the developers interact with the community and how they listen to feedback, criticisms and suggestions. It's changed how post game support for the franchise works and lasts and it has also changed the direction and vision of the franchise, for in my opinion, the better. However, they're fighting a losing battle. The playerbase has moved on, they're doing the correct thing using this as a test bed for the next installment.

In an ideal world, the launch of Forza Motorsport 8 will be far superior to FM7's and provide a notch more stable, polished and simply better foundation to work on the developing it post game. The reality hoping that FM8 hits the ground running from the start so that they can have a better platform to support the game for longer, who knows, maybe 3 or 4 years. The problem is, to ensure that FM8 isn't a disaster at launch and is a respectable, polished, fun and simply better launch and framework, all the current Turn 10 team need to shift focus to it and spend as much possible resources, time and man power to achieve that.

As much as I'd love FM7 to live on, their decision is the best outcome for consumers in the long run and for the franchise as a whole.

Edited by user Thursday, July 18, 2019 2:09:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#56 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 3:40:09 AM(UTC)
I don't think it's dead and the post-release support has been nice, no doubt.

But it wouldn't kill their development time/resources for FM8 and if they dedicate only a small team to fix the remaining bugs in FM7. Sorry, but there's no excuse - these bugs should not even be there to begin with. No past Forza M game has been this buggy.
 4 users liked this post.
#57 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2019 3:57:35 AM(UTC)
People, do not blindly pre-order FM8. Wait until the game is released in order to find out how bad it is, then decide whether to commit to a purchase. You will miss out on the pre-order carrots that T10 will dangle in front of you, but it is a small price to pay to find out whether your 100 $/Yen/Euros/Rand/Pesos/Francs/Lira/whatever will be a good investment or money down the toilet.
 1 user liked this post.
#58 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2019 4:25:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HellBnt4Metl666 Go to Quoted Post
People, do not blindly pre-order FM8. Wait until the game is released in order to find out how bad it is, then decide whether to commit to a purchase. You will miss out on the pre-order carrots that T10 will dangle in front of you, but it is a small price to pay to find out whether your 100 $/Yen/Euros/Rand/Pesos/Francs/Lira/whatever will be a good investment or money down the toilet.

Completely agree. This was my first forza and left a terrible impression, I bought the ultimate and feel hosed, all the SUVs and lack of more Motorsport cars, bugs and more bugs, it took them over a year to fix car headlights (in a game that has night racing) no expansion or DLC, wrong or missing shifting animations, drag mode will be left as an experiment ([Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] this is a AAA game) and I’m not even a big online player which has issues too.

I hope people do no preorder FM8 as well,

Edited by user Wednesday, July 31, 2019 12:51:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#59 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2019 4:27:34 AM(UTC)
Sorry, but there's no excuse - these bugs should not even be there to begin with. No past Forza M game has been this buggy.

No past FM title was on 3 different platforms (PC, XB1, XB1X). It's a hell of a lot easier to squash bugs when you only have to account for one very specific set of hardware and software.
 2 users liked this post.
#60 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2019 4:48:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: nayre33 Go to Quoted Post

Completely agree. This was my first forza and left a terrible impression, I bought the ultimate and feel hosed, all the SUVs and lack of more Motorsport cars, bugs and more bugs, it took them over a year to fix car headlights (in a game that has night racing) no expansion or DLC, wrong or missing shifting animations, drag mode will be left as an experiment ( **** this is a AAA game) and I’m not even a big online player which has issues too.

I hope people do no preorder FM8 as well,

Yeah, you got hosed.

Perhaps you could tell us what else will give you 38 days of entertainment for around $100?
#61 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2019 4:54:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Cerrax Go to Quoted Post
Sorry, but there's no excuse - these bugs should not even be there to begin with. No past Forza M game has been this buggy.

No past FM title was on 3 different platforms (PC, XB1, XB1X). It's a hell of a lot easier to squash bugs when you only have to account for one very specific set of hardware and software.

Would you buy a new car with a smashed headlight, torn seats and a bad misfire? I didn't think so. A video game is no different. If it's broken, don't put up for sale. If T10 have their fingers in an way too ambitious amount of pies, that is their problem, and is no exuse for releasing a dodgy product.
 2 users liked this post.
#62 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2019 5:47:29 AM(UTC)

Would you buy a new car with a smashed headlight, torn seats and a bad misfire? I didn't think so. A video game is no different. If it's broken, don't put up for sale. If T10 have their fingers in a way too ambitious amount of pies, that is their problem, and is no excuse for releasing a dodgy product.

I think you are overstating the bugs in the game. I don't see anything in FM7 as severe as broken headlights or torn seats. A proper analogy would be misfires or misaligned wheels. Things that are not immediately apparent without a deeper technical look, but can still cause pretty severe problems. It is entirely possible (and statistically probable) that building a product as complex is this is going to introduce bugs which will elude initial testing.

Could they have put more resources and time into the bug fixes? Maybe. But it's also likely that they were already taxing the developers with bug fixes that were especially stubborn, while also trying to add new features and content. It's a tough balance and T10 has hopefully learned a lot about the PC and XB1X versions of the Forza engine. I'm sure they will continue to make improvements.
#63 Posted : Friday, August 2, 2019 11:25:40 PM(UTC)

And this is a major issue IMO. Why can't they just keep Forza exclusive to Xbox like it always has been?

Look at all the stability and performance issues people face on even the most expensive gaming PCs.

They're biting off way more than they can chew and keep down. They ought to go back to their grassroot level and focus on making Forza a quality based game again (not quantity based) and make it Xbox-only again. Besides, Xbox's are not that expensive now - if someone can build a 1000+ dollar PC, they can certainly invest $200-300 in an xbox to play Forza.
 1 user liked this post.
#64 Posted : Saturday, August 3, 2019 6:45:03 AM(UTC)
And this is a major issue IMO. Why can't they just keep Forza exclusive to Xbox like it always has been?

Look at all the stability and performance issues people face on even the most expensive gaming PCs.

They're biting off way more than they can chew and keep down. They ought to go back to their grassroot level and focus on making Forza a quality based game again (not quantity based) and make it Xbox-only again. Besides, Xbox's are not that expensive now - if someone can build a 1000+ dollar PC, they can certainly invest $200-300 in an xbox to play Forza.

Microsoft appear to be focusing more on software sales/subscriptions at the moment and that's why more of their games are releasing on PC of late. A bigger audience can actually benefit the series overall, it could justify a bigger budget and dev team which would be great.

2 years between releases is a very short time for game development, even for just one console. I have no doubt having to release FM7 on the Xbox One, X and PC created more issues than just releasing on the Xbox One like before. But a lot of design decisions and bugs probably aren't related to releasing on more platforms either.
#65 Posted : Saturday, August 3, 2019 7:33:31 AM(UTC)

The resources, time and work needed to release next game in the series grows with every new iteration. The development cycle on the other hand has stayed more or less the same (or got even shorter FM3&FM4 vs FM6&FM7, for example) and here is your problem. Not because Forza is now available on PC, but because the time given to finish the game is just too short. It's a problem of modern day game industry and the reason we get so many half baked games. This generation console architecture is fairly similar to PC and next one will be even more similar. Fortunately, FM8 gets more time and hopefully it is in better state than FM7 was on its release day.

About your last sentence. It's not about the money (and you can build a PC fairly cheap to be able to play games on console level, when it comes to grpahics), it's about the experience. When I compare FM7 on my One S to FM7 on my PC, I will choose the PC version without even blinking. Picture quality is like day and night (+loading times). With FH games it's even bigger, because of the fps difference.

Edited by user Saturday, August 3, 2019 7:35:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#66 Posted : Sunday, August 4, 2019 3:46:32 PM(UTC)

Would you buy a new car with a smashed headlight, torn seats and a bad misfire? I didn't think so. A video game is no different. If it's broken, don't put up for sale. If T10 have their fingers in an way too ambitious amount of pies, that is their problem, and is no exuse for releasing a dodgy product.

I think a lot of people have forgotten what this game was released like. If it was released like it is now, it would be okay, but still need a lot of fixing. But they aren't going to fix it anymore and it was released in a state that was far worse than this by multiple times and that's simply not okay.
 2 users liked this post.
#67 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2019 3:10:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Spity0y0mafia Go to Quoted Post

I think a lot of people have forgotten what this game was released like. If it was released like it is now, it would be okay, but still need a lot of fixing. But they aren't going to fix it anymore and it was released in a state that was far worse than this by multiple times and that's simply not okay.

If Forza Motorsport 7 released in the state it's in now, it would objectively be the best game the franchise has ever had. Sadly it didn't and it's taken 20 months to have a fantastic game. That shouldn't have been the case. Thankfully this is the best foundation we've ever had going into the next iteration. There's no excuses for Forza Motorsport 8.

In a way I'm happy this happened. The way the developers communicate with the community before this was terrible. No feedback, no communication, poor management and design decisions, lack of leadership and a concrete direction forward and worst of all, complete radio silence.

If FM7 has succeeded in one department, it's the complete 180 in how the management and developers behave and communicate. That's a very important change for the future.
 2 users liked this post.
#68 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2019 9:40:34 AM(UTC)
Do you guys want another Forza 5? Remember that rushed launch title with like 10 tracks? That's why CONTENT UPDATES are ending, so they can devote more resources to Forza 8. We have had almost 2 years which is unprecedented in the world of Forza. The next game really needs to come out without major issues to save the franchise.

Edited by user Monday, August 5, 2019 9:43:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#69 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2019 10:44:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
Do you guys want another Forza 5? Remember that rushed launch title with like 10 tracks? That's why CONTENT UPDATES are ending, so they can devote more resources to Forza 8. We have had almost 2 years which is unprecedented in the world of Forza. The next game really needs to come out without major issues to save the franchise.

This ^

If Forza Motorsport 8 launches like Motorsport 5 or 7 has, no amount of post launch development, patches, fixes or content updates will fix it. The franchise will be over.

All efforts need to shift towards making sure that does not happen. If abandoning FM7 ensures that, good. I'm all for it.
 1 user liked this post.
#70 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2019 11:03:08 AM(UTC)
I believe many like me have spent over 100 dolars on the game. In over 2 years of existence, not even a new track has left. Competition every month comes out a new track and new cars.
#71 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2019 12:22:09 PM(UTC)
Speaking of the next Motorsport, i wonder when the wishlist threads are gonna be made for it?
#72 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2019 2:18:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CriticalWhale4 Go to Quoted Post
Speaking of the next Motorsport, i wonder when the wishlist threads are gonna be made for it?

Use the fm7 ones
Its pretty much what they are anyway...for the next title
Since the current title would have been decided already at release
#73 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2019 6:44:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: andrOOrdna Go to Quoted Post

About your last sentence. It's not about the money (and you can build a PC fairly cheap to be able to play games on console level, when it comes to grpahics), it's about the experience. When I compare FM7 on my One S to FM7 on my PC, I will choose the PC version without even blinking. Picture quality is like day and night (+loading times). With FH games it's even bigger, because of the fps difference.
And when it comes to playing the game on a rather stable console platform vs playing it on possibly the single worst OS I have experienced in my 35+ years of IT/network experience (Yes, I am speaking of Windows 10), I will take the console every day.

Both of my consoles (Xbox one and xbox one x) have been relatively free of OS issues, while the Win 10 machines I use at home as well as those I support in the workpoace are nothing short of a nightmare and disaster.

As far as the improved graphics you speak of on a PC, what little improvement I see is not worth the hassle of the completely unstable PC OS.

This is not even getting into the issue of how much easier it is to cheat the game in many ways on the PC vs the console.

Edited by user Monday, August 5, 2019 6:46:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#74 Posted : Tuesday, August 6, 2019 2:10:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
And when it comes to playing the game on a rather stable console platform vs playing it on possibly the single worst OS I have experienced in my 35+ years of IT/network experience (Yes, I am speaking of Windows 10), I will take the console every day.

Both of my consoles (Xbox one and xbox one x) have been relatively free of OS issues, while the Win 10 machines I use at home as well as those I support in the workpoace are nothing short of a nightmare and disaster.

As far as the improved graphics you speak of on a PC, what little improvement I see is not worth the hassle of the completely unstable PC OS.

Can't blame you for preferring to use a console if your experience with Windows 10 has been that bad, but those level of issues are not common at all.
 1 user liked this post.
#75 Posted : Tuesday, August 6, 2019 2:24:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post

This ^

If Forza Motorsport 8 launches like Motorsport 5 or 7 has, no amount of post launch development, patches, fixes or content updates will fix it. The franchise will be over.

All efforts need to shift towards making sure that does not happen. If abandoning FM7 ensures that, good. I'm all for it.

Now where have I heard this before?

What a load of rubbish! The franchise will be just fine.
5 Pages12345PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error