This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
20 Pages<<17181920PrevNext
#451 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 11:56:54 AM(UTC)
If this has been asked, Sorry.
This leaderboard ya'll are talking about.
Where might a person find it?
Is this another feature of having Xbox Live Gold?
It'd be interesting to look at, I think.
Does it show the car used and the # for it?
I understand the 'tune' wouldn't be shown.
Thanks...
 1 user liked this post.
#452 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 1:22:06 PM(UTC)
Right Bumper -> Rivals -> Track type -> Class -> Y for choosing Your Rival -> ENJOY:)
 4 users liked this post.
#453 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 3:00:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WW 1978 POLAND Go to Quoted Post
Right Bumper -> Rivals -> Track type -> Class -> Y for choosing Your Rival -> ENJOY:)

Woah!!!!
Everything you wrote I knew.
Except for, That last Y.
That's a lot of information.
And now with the recent addition of all these class's.
This is Crazy Fun..
It seems there is so much I don't know..
Thanks for that Tip!!!
 3 users liked this post.
#454 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 4:26:46 PM(UTC)
Yep, tons of fun! This is why there has been such a disturbance in the force with Horizon. Rivals has always been a part of these games and has been sorely missed. Very happy to have it back!!
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 2 users liked this post.
#455 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 4:35:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xDeaDxZeppLiNx Go to Quoted Post
Yep, tons of fun! This is why there has been such a disturbance in the force with Horizon. Rivals has always been a part of these games and has been sorely missed. Very happy to have it back!!

I was, until the comedy cars took over the leaderboards.

I just used a Peel Trident to set a time in D class that is faster than my C class time with a "proper" car. It's absurd, the car would just fall on its side if it had cornering grip like that in real life.

The game needs to be completely separated somehow to split the player base that "gets" PG's joke from those who don't find it in the least bit funny. Just offer an option when the game runs up, do you want to play the game with proper cars only, or do you want all cars. If you choose proper cars only, then you go into a world where all other players have made the same choice, so all leaderboards only have proper cars on them etc.

While the leaderboards are led by Bone Shakers, tractors and 3 wheelers, I just can't get interested at all.
 1 user liked this post.
#456 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 4:39:20 PM(UTC)
This is fun for weeks, months or even years. Just imagine:

Every Car x Every Class x Every Engine Swap x Every Drivetrain x Every Track

Possibilities are endless:)
 9 users liked this post.
#457 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 9:50:57 PM(UTC)
I have to say the Peel, Bone Shaker and Track-Tor have ruined Rivals a bit for me. I was eager to invest into lower class Rivals but what's the point of building/testing serious cars if they stand no chance against the "Clown Fiesta"?
All because of this huge flaw in the PI System which allows these ludicrous AWD-builds.
So far I'm having the most fun with Goliath because there is no room for this nonsense. Finding the line between as much power as possible while still being able to manage a clean lap is fun.
My B-class run in the AMC Rebel was pure gold.
#458 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 10:37:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
I have to say the Peel, Bone Shaker and Track-Tor have ruined Rivals a bit for me. I was eager to invest into lower class Rivals but what's the point of building/testing serious cars if they stand no chance against the "Clown Fiesta"?

I managed to beat your Holyrood B class Track-tor time using the S2000. You can probably tune it and drive it another second or so quicker than my time.
#459 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 11:38:21 PM(UTC)
Leaderboard keeps your best time for every class, not your best time for every car. Seems legit:) .

Why seems legit ? I would like to keep my best time on others than the fastest and be able to compare with others using the same car how it is not legit since it was the case when having a forced car ?

There are cars that I disregard like BS and Tracktor ... but the very same guys who did highest score possibly done some others with other cars, why deleting this information, what is the value added of deleting clean laps one done with other cars ?

If one of your mate says he has done a good score with a golf 2014 in A class, you did one too but got overwritten by a TZ2/daytona/BS score, then, unless you wrote it somewhere on your side, you cannot compare.

#460 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2019 12:10:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post

I managed to beat your Holyrood B class Track-tor time using the S2000. You can probably tune it and drive it another second or so quicker than my time.

This was actually the first time I tested my B-class Track-Tor. 1:16.4xx I guess? Never touched it again. From non-Rivals testing months ago with V12 SprungBoss I had a 1:15.6xx with my '97 Civic.
The Track-Tor isn't that good there.
Currently I'm "fighting a battle" at A-class Goliath. A constant change of #1 but yesterday I managed the first sub 10 mins. I wonder if that will last at least for a day :D
 1 user liked this post.
#461 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2019 12:55:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
Leaderboard keeps your best time for every class, not your best time for every car. Seems legit:) .

Why seems legit ? I would like to keep my best time on others than the fastest and be able to compare with others using the same car how it is not legit since it was the case when having a forced car ?

There are cars that I disregard like BS and Tracktor ... but the very same guys who did highest score possibly done some others with other cars, why deleting this information, what is the value added of deleting clean laps one done with other cars ?

If one of your mate says he has done a good score with a golf 2014 in A class, you did one too but got overwritten by a TZ2/daytona/BS score, then, unless you wrote it somewhere on your side, you cannot compare.

It's class-based rivals, not car-based rivals.

I'm also glad it's back, but I've not yet had the time to run much or look at the leaderboards to know whether the Track-Tor and Peel are going to be annoying or not. At least it provides some longevity :)
15/15 = 93%
#462 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2019 2:08:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Smoke5495 Go to Quoted Post

I'm also glad it's back, but I've not yet had the time to run much or look at the leaderboards to know whether the Track-Tor and Peel are going to be annoying or not. At least it provides some longevity :)

Nice statement of current status except I was not discussing about what it is now but about what I consider as missing feature. I still consider what I am sharing as compatible with the current feature and without any impact with the current player experience meaning that players not interested would not be annoyed. And for players fans of rivals, I think they would enjoy such feature.

I am very glad Rivals is back, at last I can test my car and see how much I am far from the best times, kick in the ** sometimes :) . Just wish we could have some improvement compared to FH3 as here it is just a regression fix we have, fixing a giant hole for sure but just a fix. for new players it is indeed a large play zone opening here but for veterans of rivals, they will directly feel back the pain of car switching, vanishing of best lap times they did on some cars.

We don't even have seasons management which is supposed to be THE thing of FH4 compared to FH3 ...

I have like 200 rivals 'scores' in FH3, I would need a little + to do the same on FH4, some card, some achievements, some global leader board, ...

4 users liked this post.
#463 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2019 3:30:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Smoke5495 Go to Quoted Post

***NEWS FLASH

This just in... We’re here to race “cars.” Real cars.

Not toy cars, not really. Not fake ones or pretend ones. Not funny cars. Not farming equipment. Not lawn mowers. (If you think I’m being cute by suggesting racing lawn mowers, there’s a recent article in Car & Driver you might want to search for and check out, since racing the worlds fastest lawn mower is obviously where we’re headed).

And if having to race against John Deere’s wasn’t bad enough, the leaderboards - the promise of legitimacy and respite from a world of stunt nonsense and racing thru plastic bricks and flowers - have largely already been ruined, the lower classes anyway, now that said farming equipment is ridiculously overpowered, to the point where it’s like a total joke. I feel like an idiot now, wasting my time hopelessly tuning cra p cars to catch up to tractors at warp factor 3. To come in within 5 seconds of the worst tractor should not be the victory one looks for. And that’s what’s been done to B, C, and D. Leaderboards are worthless without legitimacy, and that’s exactly what’s been done with the addition of this tractor trash. So what’s next? Jet-propelled port-a-potty racing? (Now I’m being cute.)

(And Tilo, my friend, I’m so very fond of your leaderboard passion, but what you ask for isn’t a leaderboard. A Leaderboard is a, well, it’s just that - it’s board of leaders. It’s everyones best effort, in order. It’s a vanity feature as well as a legitimizing one. What you've described in the past sounds more like a standalone tool, an encyclopedia manifesto of all times. Useful to a few, to be sure, but not enough to warrant development, never mind woefully lacking in glamor; let’s face it, the only reason we even have the leaderboards is the vanity aspect, otherwise, we’d have none.)

Now back to our regular programming...***

Edited by user Tuesday, July 9, 2019 3:38:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Every train needs a caboose, right?
 2 users liked this post.
#464 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2019 5:43:00 AM(UTC)

While racing online, having displayed, during race,, your best time achieved on the same track/season/car on rivals would have been so great. ( would have also been a good solution to populate rivals + to push players to play clean)

At least we have a feature to test cars on empty tracks for summer.
#465 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2019 6:35:38 AM(UTC)
As a matter of fact you are damn right. Rivals are perfect for testing our new builds. It is a pity that it is up to the class S2. Except for The Juggernaut - a strange mix of road race and drag race.
#466 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2019 7:28:23 AM(UTC)
This was actually the first time I tested my B-class Track-Tor. 1:16.4xx I guess? Never touched it again. From non-Rivals testing months ago with V12 SprungBoss I had a 1:15.6xx with my '97 Civic.

I did 1:15.1 with the S2000 (which was #1 on the leaderboard when I set it). I think there is scope for RWD being faster, I resorted to AWD because I was losing too much time on the bits where the rear wheels were losing traction with RWD, but an RWD build can be lighter and/or more powerful. And my lap was solid for my level of ability, but definitely short of what someone better would be able to do with the same car. I suspect sub 1:13.xxx is possible, maybe even quicker.
#467 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2019 10:11:33 AM(UTC)
Well I have 2 tunes for the Peel Trident and the Track-Tor that hold Top 10 times and there must be some sort of glitch happening. I have at least 10 other cars in D class that have better stats but place nowhere in comparison.

The remaining classes are going to be more diverse for me. Already got my eye on some sleepers
#468 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 9:11:48 AM(UTC)
Great that rivals have been added. Not so great when LB's become stacked with Exclusives.

The Hoonigan RS200 for example. I'm all for taking a LB car on, but it would be nice if they started rolling out these exclusives a little more often.

Surely they could chuck out daily comps to win them - something like.....beat xxx time with a RS200 and win the Hoonigan RS200 -- the time could even be dynamic based on the current leaderboard for said track.

C'mon PG - roll them out!

#469 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 10:44:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post

I did 1:15.1 with the S2000 (which was #1 on the leaderboard when I set it). I think there is scope for RWD being faster, I resorted to AWD because I was losing too much time on the bits where the rear wheels were losing traction with RWD, but an RWD build can be lighter and/or more powerful. And my lap was solid for my level of ability, but definitely short of what someone better would be able to do with the same car. I suspect sub 1:13.xxx is possible, maybe even quicker.

Beat you by ~0.25 seconds (1:14.9xx) with my FWD Civic. Could probably shave off two or three tenths by aligning the axle perfectly for Holyrood so that I only need gear 3 & 4.
1:13.xxx seems rather harsh but maybe an RWD S2000 or Subaru BRZ widebody could handle it.
 2 users liked this post.
#470 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 7:09:26 AM(UTC)
@HLR Moss
Hey I'm Corn3rer. Can't wait for Hot Lap Challenge to finally return :)

Originally Posted by: razzitGT Go to Quoted Post
Great that rivals have been added. Not so great when LB's become stacked with Exclusives.

The Hoonigan RS200 for example. I'm all for taking a LB car on, but it would be nice if they started rolling out these exclusives a little more often.

Surely they could chuck out daily comps to win them - something like.....beat xxx time with a RS200 and win the Hoonigan RS200 -- the time could even be dynamic based on the current leaderboard for said track.

C'mon PG - roll them out!

If you have Lego you might want try this :P
Rivals 4X4 Scramble

Edited by user Thursday, July 11, 2019 7:10:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

i5-6600K@4.78GHz
GTX 1080@2100MHz core/10786MHz
2X8GB Hyper X DDR4@2545MHz 15-16-16-30-401-1T
Mobo: Z170-D3H(F4 BIOS,F5 BadOC)

1 user liked this post.
#471 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 12:03:14 PM(UTC)

Very true. I did a Rivals run Class B in a Classic Rally and the same in a Modern Rally. The former was overwritten so I'm back to jotting notes in my spiral notebook. In a perfect world, all my times, for every race I do, should be logged somewhere so they can be viewed later.
 2 users liked this post.
#472 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2019 4:29:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Galaxie5002012 Go to Quoted Post

Very true. I did a Rivals run Class B in a Classic Rally and the same in a Modern Rally. The former was overwritten so I'm back to jotting notes in my spiral notebook. In a perfect world, all my times, for every race I do, should be logged somewhere so they can be viewed later.

Nice to meet someone sharing same experience. back to spiral notebook on a AAA 2018 game ... quite a frustration.

At the moment, would be good to have some evolution on a feature that has not improved for the last 3 years.

The possibility to switch car / tune on restarting the race is damned frustrating too by the way.
 1 user liked this post.
#473 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 9:41:36 PM(UTC)
So...I started doing Rivals dirt on Lego because it's actually well mostly dirt on dirt tracks! Amazing right??? Any way I noticed a stupid glitch that had me questioning my sanity. I went to a dirt track (Area 7052 Trail) because a friend of mine beat my time. I didn't join off "My Rivals" but off the regular rivals setup. I do this because I like to race my ghost instead of the person ahead of me. I click on the track and there is no option to press Y to change my Rival. It's just a blank as if I've never done it before. I do the track saying in my head I know I just chased Squryl around this thing the other night and sure enough when I complete it and go back to see what my time was I already did it and was faster in another car. So be on the lookout for this.

Also I am as ticked off as most with the Track-tor running the show in lower classes but I can't for the life of me get it to turn. Anyone have some info on this? I'd rather not use it but since it's clogging up the leaderboards and friends have beat me in it by ridiculous amounts of seconds I feel I have no choice if I want to pass them.
If you could go ahead and take out all the things I loved about Horizon, that would be great.
 2 users liked this post.
#474 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 11:18:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xPREEMOx Go to Quoted Post
So...I started doing Rivals dirt on Lego because it's actually well mostly dirt on dirt tracks! Amazing right??? Any way I noticed a stupid glitch that had me questioning my sanity. I went to a dirt track (Area 7052 Trail) because a friend of mine beat my time. I didn't join off "My Rivals" but off the regular rivals setup. I do this because I like to race my ghost instead of the person ahead of me. I click on the track and there is no option to press Y to change my Rival. It's just a blank as if I've never done it before. I do the track saying in my head I know I just chased Squryl around this thing the other night and sure enough when I complete it and go back to see what my time was I already did it and was faster in another car. So be on the lookout for this.

Also I am as ticked off as most with the Track-tor running the show in lower classes but I can't for the life of me get it to turn. Anyone have some info on this? I'd rather not use it but since it's clogging up the leaderboards and friends have beat me in it by ridiculous amounts of seconds I feel I have no choice if I want to pass them.

My C-class and B-class Track-Tor's are set up:

AWD-swap
front camber: -2.3
rear camber: -1.6
rear toe: -0.1
caster: 6.5
ARBs: 1/65 front/rear
spring stiffness: front minimum/rear maximum
ride height: minimum
For dampers I set front rebound to the minimum and adjusted the other three values accordingly (don't remember the precise values).
brake power distribution: 80% to the rear
race diff: front 15/0, rear 35/17, 90% of the power to the rear

In short: go as oversteery as possible. Due to the insane width and caliber of the rear wheels in comparison to the front wheels the Track-Tor will never oversteer.
Gearbox tuning is kind of tricky with this one because the graph in the tuning menu doesn't align to the high drag value. Meaning: You have to adjust the gears way shorter than normally if you want to make use of all 6. With the stock engine (C-class) 6 aren't necessary imho due to the power band. With the racing V8 on B-class I would use all 6 because the engine works best near the redline.
#475 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 6:15:34 AM(UTC)
i wished to race against my best lap in current session instead of random people :/
20 Pages<<17181920PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error